I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Marionette
Special Progression and Training Benefits EmptyDecember 2nd 2018, 2:31 pm by +/-

» suck on my magnum dong
Special Progression and Training Benefits EmptyOctober 18th 2018, 9:25 pm by Gemini

» It's my birthday.
Special Progression and Training Benefits EmptyOctober 4th 2018, 8:20 pm by Gemini

» EW
Special Progression and Training Benefits EmptySeptember 9th 2018, 3:53 am by Gemini

» What are Your Current Plans for Your Character?
Special Progression and Training Benefits EmptyFebruary 11th 2018, 7:33 pm by Chastelle

Statistics
We have 3557 registered users
The newest registered user is Shirou Seeker of Duckness

Our users have posted a total of 143994 messages in 12544 subjects

Special Progression and Training Benefits

Go down

Special Progression and Training Benefits Empty Special Progression and Training Benefits

Post by Adrian King on March 31st 2013, 4:43 pm

I believe that besides the normal character progression, we should have points building up to special moments. I heard at 2k posts there is a mark of mastery test but there is nothing I read stating written evidence it exists. Besides that, say someone goes through drastic changes like a keyblader becoming a darkblader due to corruption or how we have people who can obtain keyblades. Now, due to this, they would be counted as significant progression in my book. The ability to dual-wield keyblades may be a slight significance but just another crutch in battle. While this site focuses on us taking time with progression, having milestones, I think it lacks milestones for important events. We don't have the opportunity to have a drastic change besides importance and experience in battle. Now, there may be an elastic clause for change on a character and the opportunity to split into a nobody and/or heartless. I got this idea from my own character, whom I want to have experience moments of disbalance on his scale of dark and light. Now a significant moment of progression would be like a keyblader being corrupted by darkness (Xehanort did this, but I am not saying it would have the same result).

This is a semi-permanent change, with room to purify due to being a keyblader but can remain. This is a drastic change that can open up more paths for progression. Say at 700-900 posts the first available significant change can occur, such as boosting the ability to control an element significantly increasing. These moments can be up to the player to create, and the first moment doesn't have to be at 700-900 posts. This allows characters to have more freedom for uniqueness. Like dark going into light or vice versa. This may also apply to a chance for DtH or a master training the student, at the first significant progression they can/will obtain their keyblade. The Mark of Mastery would definitely count as a significant moment of progression, seeing as it is when someone becomes a master keyblader.

Now besides Significant Progression, actual training (not just sparring, but practice) threads should yield some benefit. Besides progressing your post count like any thread, they are meant to improve ability in a more concentrated form than just experiencing battles. So a way we could apply this benefits is general skill tiers or a semi-experience system. The semi-experience system would only apply to furthering progression by using levels as a boost for post count. Level 0 would be no boost, Level 1 would be a 10 post boost, Level 2 would be 15, Level 3 would be 25, Level 4 would be 30, and so on until it reaches fifty. BUT the levels would only increase through either long training threads (with quality being graded) or multiple training threads (quality still being graded). These training threads would be a way to show that you are concentrating your focus on improving skill. Now you could keep the experience for progression boosting or use it to buy tiers for general skills (i.e. CQC, [Insert Weapon] Skill, Magic-Using, Athlete Ability, Acrobatics, etc.). Now by skills I mean talents. Not the skills we use. Obviously there is a level limit and this would limit how much of these talents you can boost. Now tiers would be like Novice, Adept, Advanced, Master, etc. The cliche tiers in all rpgs whether it be a video game or text-based. Now leveling up would be the difficult part and talents would require most of the experience for 2 or 3 to reach a high tier. Now it may seem a bit too complicated, but if taken into consideration and applied, it will seem a lot simpler once it is created. I can expand on the two ideas if needed, and I know this doesn't use experience in the RP but it only applies to training.

I.E. Training thread contains:

-Practice of a skill
-Optional sparring
-Someone assisting with the skill in training
-Focus is on the training mostly.
-Majority of the thread is training, not just sitting around and chilling whilst conversing.

Special Progression and Training Benefits Diothr11
I can haz Omens?
Adrian King
Adrian King

Back to top Go down

Special Progression and Training Benefits Empty Re: Special Progression and Training Benefits

Post by Yima on March 31st 2013, 6:00 pm

I a person does want to have something major happen they are free to contact the admin staff though the reason we don't try to have everyone turn int a heartless etc. at a specific post count is that these things are seen as more of a character's story versus a specific post count.

As for a numerical system to measure strength; this is a type of system that will not take place.

"There is a fine line between genius and insanity; I use it as a jumping rope"

Feel free to send me any feedback you have about site and or ideas.  ^_^

If you have a topic that you want to discus at length to improve the site please do so in the suggestion section so we can all be a part and move forward from there together.

An Amv I Like
Yima
Yima

Back to top Go down

Special Progression and Training Benefits Empty Re: Special Progression and Training Benefits

Post by Adrian King on March 31st 2013, 7:57 pm

I am not saying measuring strength, there is a difference between strength and talent. It is also not numerical, due to the skill needing to actually be trained. The semi-experience system is sort of an accessory, I do believe some benefit should come from training threads. It's like someone who fights and trains should be better than someone who just fights and travels. Ability should improve more with the one who trains AND fights rather than the one who travels AND fights. That is the main idea behind the suggestion.

I am not saying everyone turn into a heartless, but these points are like major milestones in terms of experience. Say you are "forced" (not OOC but IC) to be trapped under the ruins of a building in Traverse Town, and it is infested with heartless, that is pretty important in the sense that you don't have strength to escape and must find an alternate exit. Remember, I used the Mark of Mastery as an example. Something that brings great revelation or a great impact on the character. So another way for it to follow through would not be plot, but certain milestones in skill. Like A keyblader, when he achieves Synch blade, would be considered an adept now. As the keyblader progresses, he could finally be considered an expert before being considered a master after the test.

Well, I am unsure about Special Progressino but Training benefits, whether or not they are minor, should be present in my opinion. How you guys see to make it would be up to you, I just gave a sample pathway.

Special Progression and Training Benefits Diothr11
I can haz Omens?
Adrian King
Adrian King

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down