» Marionette
Regarding our Cloaks... EmptyDecember 2nd 2018, 2:31 pm by +/-

» suck on my magnum dong
Regarding our Cloaks... EmptyOctober 18th 2018, 9:25 pm by Gemini

» It's my birthday.
Regarding our Cloaks... EmptyOctober 4th 2018, 8:20 pm by Gemini

» EW
Regarding our Cloaks... EmptySeptember 9th 2018, 3:53 am by Gemini

» What are Your Current Plans for Your Character?
Regarding our Cloaks... EmptyFebruary 11th 2018, 7:33 pm by Chastelle

Statistics
We have 3557 registered users
The newest registered user is Shirou Seeker of Duckness

Our users have posted a total of 143994 messages in 12544 subjects

Regarding our Cloaks...

Go down

Regarding our Cloaks... Empty Regarding our Cloaks...

Post by Alexander on March 22nd 2013, 9:53 am

Okay guys, this is important.

Cloaks are excellent things when we want to conceal our identity from other people. They hide our faces, features, elements, and even the odd smells we emit from our bodies. They are also extremely easy to spot and stick out like a bent nail in the fence that is a crowd.

I'm not against their usage. They are excellent for night ops, assasinations, and various forms of espionage and infiltration and while I will mostly leave how you handle your respective missions up to the teams involved in their execution I want share the concern with you that perhaps there are situations where you, as an individual (or even as a team in some instances) do not need to wear your cloak. Keep in mind, as for now the Organization is to remain in the shadows and when we wear our cloaks to be all mysterious we ruin our own mystery by inviting others to investigate it in the first place.

Once more, this is more or less just advice, and do with it as you will. From my perspective while we each belong to the Organization, we all have our independent lives occuring as well.

Which brings me to my next point of concern: I know, (and its only really from my perspective) that Alexander would only wear this cloak in combat (or an operation that otherwise requires it) to hide his identity so nobody will go after him/his world/his affiliates, but the protection they provide is minimal. From a mechanical standpoint its easy enough to wear armor under it, but from an IC perspective that seems like it could be very awkward, making the cloaks appear more bulky than a cloak should.

I propose a type of combat-related cloak-- light, sturdy metals grafted onto the cloaks at various vital places as to not inhibit movement but provide at least some actual protection in combat. They wouldn't look extraordinarily different from the current design, just some black-titanium/black-steel bars along the ribs with a small plate on the chest, some similar plates running down the spine and just in the center of each shoulder blade with slightly wider plates on the interior shoulder padding. Thoughts, suggetions or concerns are welcomed.

Alexander

Back to top Go down

Regarding our Cloaks... Empty Re: Regarding our Cloaks...

Post by Kenos on March 22nd 2013, 11:45 am

I'm all for it. New Organization, new design. Also, we don't exactly have the same portaling and other abilities the original members had. (well, some of us). It may feel awkward for my character, having certain parts heavier than the others, but I'm sure he can live with it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenneth on March 22nd 2013, 1:37 pm

I'm fine with this as well since truth be told I didn't think if we needed to fight directly that are identifying wasn't worth protecting any more.

I'm thinking masks or something to hide our faces too should be implemented with these new cloaks.

The La Vaeas of Darkness

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander on March 22nd 2013, 5:13 pm

The masks actually sound like an interesting idea-- we'd need a design that fit our motif and didn't restrict vision/breathing though.

Alexander

Back to top Go down

Post by Yima on March 24th 2013, 12:42 am

Whatever it ends up being this is something Yima could physically make well having worked with materials like this his whole life.

"There is a fine line between genius and insanity; I use it as a jumping rope"

Feel free to send me any feedback you have about site and or ideas.  ^_^

If you have a topic that you want to discus at length to improve the site please do so in the suggestion section so we can all be a part and move forward from there together.

An Amv I Like
Yima
Yima

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander on March 24th 2013, 7:47 am

I'll try to sketch a (shitty) drawing of one out later today give us an idea of the appearance.

Alexander

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenneth on March 26th 2013, 2:41 am

I'm just make sure but when we all make these into armour approves *I assume we shall* we fine customizing protections or random features to fit our different characters?

The La Vaeas of Darkness

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander on March 26th 2013, 7:02 am

If you wish, sure. I keep getting sidetracked so sketching them out probably won't happen for a some more time, which is fine because still have a few things to do first.

Alexander

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum