» Marionette
Dream Drop Distance Expansion EmptyDecember 2nd 2018, 2:31 pm by +/-

» suck on my magnum dong
Dream Drop Distance Expansion EmptyOctober 18th 2018, 9:25 pm by Gemini

» It's my birthday.
Dream Drop Distance Expansion EmptyOctober 4th 2018, 8:20 pm by Gemini

» EW
Dream Drop Distance Expansion EmptySeptember 9th 2018, 3:53 am by Gemini

» What are Your Current Plans for Your Character?
Dream Drop Distance Expansion EmptyFebruary 11th 2018, 7:33 pm by Chastelle

Statistics
We have 3557 registered users
The newest registered user is Shirou Seeker of Duckness

Our users have posted a total of 143994 messages in 12544 subjects

Dream Drop Distance Expansion

Go down

Dream Drop Distance Expansion Empty Dream Drop Distance Expansion

Post by Alexander on January 7th 2013, 7:36 am

This needs to happen guys. I need some dream eaters to ride on like horses n' stuff.

Okay, but seriously what do you guys want to see when we finally get around to it? I have a little list myself:

Dream Eaters
Realm of Sleep

Alright, only two but hey, its something.

For Dream Eaters: Our partner system essentially covers this, but at the same time doesn't. Partners function in the same manner a Dream Eater or party member would. The difference is with Dream Eaters as compared to Donald and Goofy would be that you change the Dream Eaters out more often, as if they were multicolored pairs of dream socks. I would say there should be an upper-limit to how many you can have and tiers to get into the stronger ones as you climb that ladder. For example, every so many posts you can apply for another Dream Eater, like an adoption almost. Yima would be the owner of a Human society of sorts, and would look at your living situation, income, and general appearance and decide whether or not you are right for this Dream Eater.

As for the Realm of Sleep, its the... Realm of Sleep. I've not really anything more to that other than make it a place with worlds where we can frolic with RPs. RPs till the end of errthung.

Yes? No? Suggestions? Comments? Phone numbers (Shirou I'm looking at you)?

Alexander

Back to top Go down

Dream Drop Distance Expansion Empty Re: Dream Drop Distance Expansion

Post by Jeremi on January 7th 2013, 10:23 am

...Well, the Castle of Dreams is already half-in the Realm of Sleep anyway, isn't it?

As for RP there, I can somewhat imagine the Realm of Sleep manifested as an alternate RP area in each world. Like, under RP, there's Dream RP, and, it's a bit like a bizarre alternate universe? I dunno, I'm delirious and just spouting ideas.

As for the Dreameaters, I like that idea. I dunno how it'd work, but, I like it. ...Keep in mind, though, we'd have to deal with Nightmares, as well.

After saying how stealth is a viable component of assassinations...
[04:49:40] Serenae Spate : Fuck stealth. Shoot bitches.

Drakar wrote:We are blades of grass basking in light, our melody of justice shining hard on the darkness. Any shadow we cast we will overwhelm. Any darkness we fuel we will blind. We shall set our path with blood and honor, but not in evil, in justice. Our keys unlock the way of justice.

Zihark wrote:Shriou's Korean? I thought he was Asian.
Jeremi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystic on January 7th 2013, 5:48 pm

Why do I feel like I've had this conversation in the chatbox before...

Well, I do agree this'd be a cool idea. Though some areas just seem like expansions of other worlds. Like Prankster's Paradise being an expansion of Monstro, The Grid being an expansion of Space Paranoids, and Symphony of Sorcery being an expansion of Mysterious Tower. The only worlds that don't seem like expansions would be Country of the Musketeers (f*ck yeah) and La Cite de Cloches.

I'm totally for this idea, yet I'm not sure how it'll work.

[21:03:10] Cool : Saix and I have something in common
[21:03:18] Saix : Boobs?
[21:03:42] Cool : Yes, boobs

Mystic's Theme: It Doesn't Matter ~His World Remix~
Mystic's Elements: Light, Cure, Darkness, Thunder

Dream Drop Distance Expansion Bounce10
Mystic
Mystic

http://shugochara.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Etzolix on January 7th 2013, 7:34 pm

Jeremi's Dream RP idea is actually a pretty interesting imo. I think that'd cover a lot of the bases without having to add complete worlds such as Mystic's...although, I'm not sure about the Grid being an expansion of Space Paranoids because isn't Space Paranoids a copy of the Grid or something like that? I am more than likely misinformed.

In this cold reality,
I made this selfish war machine.
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystic on January 7th 2013, 8:16 pm

Frig, never watched the Tron movies, so I believe it'd be whichever came first chronologically. I believe Legacy happened second, so I believe Space Paranoids became The Grid, but I can't say for certain.

[21:03:10] Cool : Saix and I have something in common
[21:03:18] Saix : Boobs?
[21:03:42] Cool : Yes, boobs

Mystic's Theme: It Doesn't Matter ~His World Remix~
Mystic's Elements: Light, Cure, Darkness, Thunder

Dream Drop Distance Expansion Bounce10
Mystic
Mystic

http://shugochara.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Etzolix on January 7th 2013, 8:21 pm

Space Paranoids is a copy from the original ENCOM's server that hosted The Grid

Well, that's what it was according to the Wiki...anyway, my point still stands in that it should probably be a stand alone world. I'm not sure if it'd only be accessible in the Realm of Sleep or not since I never beat the game due to my attention span being shit.

In this cold reality,
I made this selfish war machine.
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremi on January 8th 2013, 7:24 am

The Grid would need to be its own world, as would La Cite des Cloches.

Prankster's Paradise would need to be its own world, with Monstro as a sub-area, since it's all the same world, at the end of the day.

I, honestly, couldn't make heads or tails of the Symphony of Sorcery. I also like the Country of the Musketeers as a world, though, if I'm honest, I'd be more excited for Cloches.

As for dream-exclusive worlds, I dunno about that. Those worlds plainly do exist in the real world, after the events of DDD. These worlds would need to be proper worlds. Each world we have would then have a separate sub-board for Dream RP. (Like the areas in the Sea of the Skies are divided up.)

After saying how stealth is a viable component of assassinations...
[04:49:40] Serenae Spate : Fuck stealth. Shoot bitches.

Drakar wrote:We are blades of grass basking in light, our melody of justice shining hard on the darkness. Any shadow we cast we will overwhelm. Any darkness we fuel we will blind. We shall set our path with blood and honor, but not in evil, in justice. Our keys unlock the way of justice.

Zihark wrote:Shriou's Korean? I thought he was Asian.
Jeremi

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian King on April 8th 2013, 5:02 am

I do agree it is about time to implement DDD into this Universe since it has been quite some time. Though with that, we should also address the canon keyblades people may wield. That list seems outdated and there are probably some people who use canon keyblades. It is a nice option to have and would be even better if we had an updated list.

Now, I also thought of the keyblader armor they have in BBS. They used it and had little gliders to travel from world to world, also note these were keyblade masters/soon to be masters if Xehanort didn't fuck them (my one F to keep it PG13). Now this would be interesting to implement for those keybladers who progress to a certain point is this keyblade mastery armor along with a keyblade signifying mastery. I do suggest that keyblade masters have keyblades which are more powerful than non-masters (due to any bullshit reason such as it containing more light) mostly because they don't have just skill but more power.

Also, the Mark of Mastery which exists is not listed on Character Progression at the 2k point. Nor is there a sticky topic in Basics about it. A system we should have implemented is a magic system that allows us to have all basic magics (not anything beyond cardinal elements). This means thunder and blizzard and such without having a specialization because our three elements are what we specialize in. This could be an option for magic-users or everyone, but the basic cardinal spells wouldn't really be a big deal because everyone would have them if they have an ability to use magic and no one except those with the elements would have significantly powerful uses of them. But it adds a wider variety. I am not saying give them cure or gravity, but like Fire, Blizzard, Thunder or maybe even Aero.

Dream Drop Distance Expansion Diothr11
I can haz Omens?
Adrian King
Adrian King

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirou on April 8th 2013, 11:12 am

I haven't updated the keyblade list simply because with the addition of Days, there are about fifty+ keyblades to add, and I feel as though it would just be a pointlessly long list. As it says on the bottom, if you want a canon keyblade not on the list, just PM a staff member.

For Keyblade Wielding Mastery, for now, it's only based on your skill progression. Their power comes from their skill, and their magical abilities (in the form of MP). As of now. keyblade wielders and masters will not have any extra boosts over non-keyblade wielders. If you're wondering why it's significantly more difficult to obtain a keyblade, it's because if we let everyone have them, they would lose their special connotation.

The Mark of Mastery hasn't been added to the progression because nobody has yet updated it. It hasn't been added to the basics because it's already in the creation rules and the character section.

As for elements, the system for now will stay the same. Having three specialized elements allows complicated, powerful spells not capable of being had with just basic elements.

However, if you would like to continue this discussion, please do so in a new topic.

[23:25:24] Zihark joined the chat on 10/17/2011, 11:25 pm
[23:27:16] Zihark : I SUSCEDE SHIROU VELOX, YOUR IDEA WAS BETTER

[02:13:16] Etzolix : YOU WON'T
[02:13:18] Etzolix : I GOT YIMA ON A LEASH

[1:41:03 AM] "Ansem": I only have
[1:41:09 AM] "Ansem": 500 munny
[1:41:20 AM] "Ansem": ....IMA WELFARE PIMP

Shirou
Shirou

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content