» Marionette
A thought that popped into my head EmptyDecember 2nd 2018, 2:31 pm by +/-

» suck on my magnum dong
A thought that popped into my head EmptyOctober 18th 2018, 9:25 pm by Gemini

» It's my birthday.
A thought that popped into my head EmptyOctober 4th 2018, 8:20 pm by Gemini

» EW
A thought that popped into my head EmptySeptember 9th 2018, 3:53 am by Gemini

» What are Your Current Plans for Your Character?
A thought that popped into my head EmptyFebruary 11th 2018, 7:33 pm by Chastelle

Statistics
We have 3557 registered users
The newest registered user is Shirou Seeker of Duckness

Our users have posted a total of 143994 messages in 12544 subjects

A thought that popped into my head

Go down

A thought that popped into my head Empty A thought that popped into my head

Post by Luxord on October 23rd 2012, 3:29 am

I've been noticing on a lot of sites I been at that they all share one common thing be they Naruto based, Bleach based, One Piece based, Final Fantasy based, or even Kingdom Hearts based....they all have a pitifully filled out canon character list. Now I know I know it a bit of a challenge to play a canon I can attest to that, but I think due to that a thing that I found odd might be better off tweaked a bit.

Ya once you play a canon and something happens you never get a chance at it again.....okay that sounds well and good it keeps a person from screwing up and wasting time loosing a canon char so quickly and keeps people from ditching them.

BUT it seems less fair and logical if say..okay Ansem got killed -heaven forbid that happens, we need him running around being evil..ish- but still some how some way he gets himself killed off. He been playing that character for hell I don't know how long.......but he messes up or gets in over his head or simply swarmed too much by goody goodies and now he can't put his skill of canon character play to use.

Personally if he got killed off somehow I would be interested to see who he might pick after that and how he would play such a canon character. Ansem is obviously more than competent enough to do the job..his skills speak for themselves in that aspect, but regardless it just seems a bit of a waste to lock out those skilled role players from the canon list that could use them to flesh it out a bit.

Now of course rules would have to be in place to keep the ditching and so forth from happening such as.

1. Must have been the canon character for at LEAST a full year.

2. Must have been active during that time *no waiting it out in hibernation*

3. Shown to be at least competent at playing a canon character.

4. Can never pick the same canon character again, leave it for someone else to use it.

And so on and so forth.....at least then we might have a few more canon as I am sure I could come up with ideas if we had more to mess around with, to be frank it easier to think up ideas of interacts with canons due to how we know how they act, we know what they look and move like, and we had more time to think about them than an OC. Just my take no need to bite my head off if no one likes this....and Ansem I used you cause well you are a canon user I respect role play skill wise regardless of how I might act around you oocly at times.

Last edited by Luxord on October 23rd 2012, 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Luxord

Back to top Go down

A thought that popped into my head Empty Re: A thought that popped into my head

Post by Paleo Ansem on October 23rd 2012, 9:02 am

Not speaking as staff, personal Opinion

Aside from my name being used to make the point here OHSTOPITYOU^^

Personally I like this idea it actually makes sense and I believe would do good hoping to see this implemented.

Paleo Ansem

Back to top Go down

Post by Yima on October 24th 2012, 12:00 am

Speaking as the owner I like this suggestion a great deal; throw the idea around the coffee house a bit longer and I will start working on an official version to amend the rules. Truth be told this has been something that has been on the list of things to ponder on but never really got there so thank you for taking the initiative Luxord.

"There is a fine line between genius and insanity; I use it as a jumping rope"

Feel free to send me any feedback you have about site and or ideas.  ^_^

If you have a topic that you want to discus at length to improve the site please do so in the suggestion section so we can all be a part and move forward from there together.

An Amv I Like
Yima
Yima

Back to top Go down

Post by Luxord on October 24th 2012, 4:35 am

Just something I always found odd really and just figured I toss this idea out to fix it. Glad it is so well received so far and you are welcomed Yima. *takes the initiative to throw the idea around too....slams it into a coffee machine* Sora did it...

Anyway.....does anyone see any loop holes I might of missed, I am sure I did just not sure what I missed. Rather fill them in now than later and risk letting someone tweak off the staffers by trying to use it to their unfair advantage.

Luxord

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasturi on October 24th 2012, 5:02 am

I agree with Luxord, just saying. ^^
Hopefully there will be more people taking up cannon characters,

Also I want to ask, what happens to a cannon character's history in this site if he died? Do everyone suddenly lose their memories so the character can start again, or do the history tied on to the character, even though maybe now played by a different person. Or should we give them a choice, whether to erase the past or continue it if they choose to do so. etc.
Or it doesn't matter and we should just let the players the flexibility to work it out among themselves.

Kasturi
Kasturi

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremi on October 24th 2012, 7:50 am

So, this is getting addressed.

...That reminds me, actually. It used to be that, if you didn't go for a canon on the first try, then, you were never permitted to, for any reason.

...If that's still in-place, it needs to not be. There are plenty of custom players here who have proven themselves skilled enough to take a swing at a canon. Probably much the same criteria as Lux provided above would apply. Active, long tenure, reasonably skilled, etc.

Since, last I checked, people were allowed multiple accounts? This would be a good way to get the list filled out in a hurry.

After saying how stealth is a viable component of assassinations...
[04:49:40] Serenae Spate : Fuck stealth. Shoot bitches.

Drakar wrote:We are blades of grass basking in light, our melody of justice shining hard on the darkness. Any shadow we cast we will overwhelm. Any darkness we fuel we will blind. We shall set our path with blood and honor, but not in evil, in justice. Our keys unlock the way of justice.

Zihark wrote:Shriou's Korean? I thought he was Asian.
Jeremi

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirou on October 24th 2012, 9:19 am

To be honest, I figured this rule was defunct, as the rule about not being able to have a canon after a custom was defunct as well. I believe it makes sense that if you had a canon and you died, and you weren't terrible, you could apply for another canon. Simple as that.

[23:25:24] Zihark joined the chat on 10/17/2011, 11:25 pm
[23:27:16] Zihark : I SUSCEDE SHIROU VELOX, YOUR IDEA WAS BETTER

[02:13:16] Etzolix : YOU WON'T
[02:13:18] Etzolix : I GOT YIMA ON A LEASH

[1:41:03 AM] "Ansem": I only have
[1:41:09 AM] "Ansem": 500 munny
[1:41:20 AM] "Ansem": ....IMA WELFARE PIMP

Shirou
Shirou

Back to top Go down

Post by Balendin8 on October 24th 2012, 8:55 pm

I figured that the old canon rules were gone since I couldn't find them anymore. I personally am against anything like the old canon rules. You make a canon and rp it decently but get croaked; I don't see any reason why you shouldn't be able to apply for another canon.

Sovereign of Beast's Castle in Exile

Max Magic: 110
Elements: Earth, Cure, Fire
Theme Music: Soldiers of the Wasteland

[22:33:21] Zihark : I didn't know lenny died?
[22:33:29] Zihark : how long did he stay after he died
[22:33:47] Etzolix : Uh idk.
[22:33:55] Etzolix : He let himself die cause he wanted to live.
Balendin8
Balendin8

Back to top Go down

Post by Etzolix on October 25th 2012, 1:05 am

Just clarifying and supporting what Shirou said: That rule was already gone among with others (such as once you make a custom you can no longer apply for a canon. Ever.)

Also, unless the current staff wants to change it, which I am unsure since it was mainly Shirou if I remember correctly that came up with this idea:

There are alternate universes of the KH world meaning that if Ansem died and another Ansem returned he would be another Ansem from another KH universe where the game just ended so therefore he would only retain those memories and the histories that the old characters that met the old Ansem would still be in tact and potentially they can realize that this is a different Ansem and etc.
Essentially, it was made that way to not erase people's history or interaction with the character while still allowing new interaction and new interactions with the character.

But yeah, if anything has changed then I am sorry for providing false information.

In this cold reality,
I made this selfish war machine.
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Yima on October 25th 2012, 2:01 am

It is more of a matter of tying all loose ends and allowing for people with ideas to toss them around before moving forward with the topic that was brought up.

"There is a fine line between genius and insanity; I use it as a jumping rope"

Feel free to send me any feedback you have about site and or ideas.  ^_^

If you have a topic that you want to discus at length to improve the site please do so in the suggestion section so we can all be a part and move forward from there together.

An Amv I Like
Yima
Yima

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down