» Marionette
Character limit system EmptyDecember 2nd 2018, 2:31 pm by +/-

» suck on my magnum dong
Character limit system EmptyOctober 18th 2018, 9:25 pm by Gemini

» It's my birthday.
Character limit system EmptyOctober 4th 2018, 8:20 pm by Gemini

» EW
Character limit system EmptySeptember 9th 2018, 3:53 am by Gemini

» What are Your Current Plans for Your Character?
Character limit system EmptyFebruary 11th 2018, 7:33 pm by Chastelle

Statistics
We have 3557 registered users
The newest registered user is Shirou Seeker of Duckness

Our users have posted a total of 143994 messages in 12544 subjects

Character limit system

Go down

Character limit system Empty Character limit system

Post by Abel XIV on September 19th 2012, 5:38 pm

Alright I want to present this suggestion because I believe that the current limitations on character have to be slightly modified at least, though a total revamp would be better IMO.

Since I already expressed my opinion on the CB, I have copied the convo and modified it a bit to take out the stuff that wasn't important and put a bit of order:

[23:13:44] * Abel XIV thinks that the character limit rule is the most most stupid rule ever

[23:14:05] @ Shirou : Character limit rule?

[23:15:06] Abel XIV : The rule of only being able to play a character until you have 750 posts

[23:15:49] Abel XIV : In RPGH, there was a limit of four characters and we needed 100 post on the latest account to create a new one

[23:15:56] Abel XIV : ANd everyone was happy that way!

[23:16:15] @ Shirou : You can technically have four characters.

[23:16:22] Abel XIV : Why can't we try that here?

[23:16:27] @ Shirou : Two main characters, two partner characters.

[23:16:46] Garith : What's the deal with a partner char?

[23:16:49] Abel XIV : I know, but that forces you to divide them in groups of 2

[23:17:08] @ Shirou : I'm actually not sure why Partner Characters were made.

[23:17:25] Abel XIV : And the main and partner character must know eachother

[23:17:26] Cool : That's the way most places that allow you to have 4 charries go

[23:17:31] Cool : You have 1 account

[23:17:43] Cool : Also Abel

[23:17:49] Cool : Of course they would

[23:17:54] Cool : Otherwise it wouldn't be a partner

[23:18:04] Cool : Just some random guy walkng across the street

[23:18:04] Abel XIV : Exactly

[23:19:01] Abel XIV : What if I don't want 2 characters with two partners?, What if I want 4 characters that are not related at all or even know eachother?

[23:20:16] @ Shirou : We don't want people to have multiple characters tend to drop in activity. We want them to focus on one character, so they can develop that character.

[23:19:18] Cool : Think of it this way

[23:19:34] Cool : We have an option for 4 characters, when divided 2 of which know each other

[23:19:43] Cool : On the previous rules

[23:19:43] Felonix : Yet hilarious. Has Xemky tried to fight back anymore?

[23:19:50] Cool : We could only have 2 counting the partner charrie

[23:20:47] Abel XIV : And should we be thankful?

[23:20:58] Abel XIV : I think that this site is awesome

[23:21:16] Abel XIV : But that it can be improved much more

Well, this is my proposition, to remove partner characters and allow the users instead to have more freedom by letting them create a character every 300 posts (in a new account perhaps), related to any of the other characters or not.

Main Theme: "The Last Journey"

Battle Theme [Standard]: "Kingdom Come"

Battle Theme [Darkness Form: Thanatos] "The Battle for Everyone's Souls"

Battle Theme [Light Form: The Messenger] "I'll Face Myself"

Battle Theme [Nothingness form: Hari-Hara]: "Hari-Hara"

Battle Theme [Divine Form: Anarchic Order]: "One of a Kind"

Battle Theme [Final Form: Vayú, Messiah of Carnage]: "Promised Pain"

Character limit system Mlfw872_1314445924708590
Abel XIV
Abel XIV

Back to top Go down

Character limit system Empty Re: Character limit system

Post by Azmot on September 19th 2012, 5:59 pm

Going to say this will probably be a no. The reason that it's at 750 so we know that people are dedicated. 300 posts isn't too much to most people, and if it's alot, then you're going to have difficulty to actively posting on both accounts. And more accounts every 300 posts? On the new account, maybe, for special cases. However, most people who would try that would fail. Perhaps Zakai could do that, but I don't see anyone else with the focus to handle 3 or more.
Azmot
Azmot

Back to top Go down

Post by Abel XIV on September 19th 2012, 6:24 pm

Still, we can already have four characters, so why not making them separate if we wish to do so?, Plus, if 300 is not enough, it could be raised to 500 each character... Thus, the result would be something like this:

- 2 Initial characters just like now (separate or not)
- another character every 500 posts 'till a maximum of four.

Though, who are we to decide how many characters can a person handle?, I've known people that could keep up with more than 7 characters keeping them all active. Thus, the only limit should be the one you impose yourself as long as you don't start taking cannons just to have them sitting around.

Abel XIV
Abel XIV

Back to top Go down

Post by Etzolix on September 19th 2012, 6:29 pm

There would a single canon limit if we end up allowing this.
That is the only thing I have to mention this early on in the discussion and will reserve my opinion (as to not influence others one way or another) for a later post.

In this cold reality,
I made this selfish war machine.
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Balendin8 on September 19th 2012, 6:49 pm

I rp on a site with no character limits beside the single canon limit. There are people that are constantly making tons of new characters only to not really use them at all. Also you get the people that makes tons of characters and keep up with them relatively well and then you end up rping with the same person over and over. Your like "this character seems cool and so does this one and this one...maybe I will rp with these folks" then you find out they are the same guy or girl and are all like "I don't want to just rp with the same person."

Sovereign of Beast's Castle in Exile

Max Magic: 110
Elements: Earth, Cure, Fire
Theme Music: Soldiers of the Wasteland

[22:33:21] Zihark : I didn't know lenny died?
[22:33:29] Zihark : how long did he stay after he died
[22:33:47] Etzolix : Uh idk.
[22:33:55] Etzolix : He let himself die cause he wanted to live.
Balendin8
Balendin8

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenos on September 19th 2012, 6:58 pm

I like things the way they are. Not too complicated, and keeps things simple and controllable. I agree with everything Azmot, Balendin, and Shirou said. Everyone's already pretty much said what I believe.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hikari on September 19th 2012, 7:51 pm

Abel, that's another site. It isn't the same and there's nothing saying it would work on here. For example, as stated by Shi and a bunch of others, it withdraws the focus from one of your characters. If you have a lot of characters, chances are you're busy in other factors to, and your roleplaying will not be in its best form nor could you hope to increase it to its best. You'll be focusing on a custom but then Rinzler and if you're a multitasker who multitasks on here, you'll most likely get chunks from one post mixed up into another if you have a lot of posts to write each on different characters. And we aren't deciding if they can, but if they can't we don't want to have them go from a great roleplayer back to the start. Posts will be shorter then normal, which effects people who like reading walls of text, and they'll be more confusing. I can see all of this happening and more.

Also with four main charries on the line you have a lot to handle. Each character gets a single partner character, and if you create partners for every single charrie you have, you have a lot to handle. Roughly you have about eight characters to handle, inculding the partners. If you're working on four posts inculding a whole part for each of your characters, it's likely you'll get mixed up.

If I worded this in a confusing way I'm sorry. My point is, you won't be handling 7 characters which from what I'm hearing is the largest you've ever seen people handle... You'll be handling 8. Sure you could exculde partners, but what if people like to have them? I just can't see this working out, not yet anyways.

END THE

"Playing hero gets you nowhere if you aren't ready to act."

Kingdom Hearts RPG Moderator
Resident Asshole
Hikari
Hikari

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenneth on September 20th 2012, 12:21 am

[23:17:08] @ Shirou : I'm actually not sure why Partner Characters were made.

I'm just really here to anwser that since i made it myself lol i'm fine with whatever happens so long as i don't lose anything about my hard worked partner.

So at the time partners were made the site was pretty mature and users were stable with their own characters, kinda to the point were they thought they couldn't do much else with them even if they were fairly new (weird right XD) any case i made this for people to try out playing another new character while at the same keeping their own main account safe. As well as it would add a new layer to their stories if they had another body to full control and customize to work in synergy with their mains. And at the same time partners were designed to NOT be replacing their main or get attention off them. It was a time were you would only have one person and normally we all liked our choices too much to start over. And boom the partners were made :3

The La Vaeas of Darkness

Back to top Go down

Post by MorpheusZero on September 20th 2012, 10:40 am

Well as long as we are throwing out suggestions in the suggestions box, It is Morpheus' belief that we should do away altogether with all extra characters and second accounts completely. All it adds is confusion and as always, I will prefer a simplistic system.

http://www.snsclan.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Abel XIV on September 20th 2012, 2:29 pm

Cool wrote:
Also with four main charries on the line you have a lot to handle. Each character gets a single partner character, and if you create partners for every single charrie you have, you have a lot to handle. Roughly you have about eight characters to handle, inculding the partners. If you're working on four posts inculding a whole part for each of your characters, it's likely you'll get mixed up.

If I worded this in a confusing way I'm sorry. My point is, you won't be handling 7 characters which from what I'm hearing is the largest you've ever seen people handle... You'll be handling 8. Sure you could exculde partners, but what if people like to have them? I just can't see this working out, not yet anyways.

You are mistaken in one point, it would be 4 characters (that might or might not be partners) that get no partners.

Though I suppose that that matters not, since your minds seem all made up already :/.

Abel XIV
Abel XIV

Back to top Go down

Post by Hikari on September 20th 2012, 4:51 pm

So no partners? I don't see anyone using this then. The partner system is fine and even if we decreased it, people still enjoy them. We already have about 4 characters inculding partners and I see no reason to increase it, as well as with the fact so far I'm pretty sure you're the only one who cares if your characters meet a different character you could have with this or not.

Plus currently we don't have them meeting, we have extra charries who will not under any terms, meet your main character or be related to them in any way possible. It'd just be adding extra extra charries, and speaking of that would basicully cancel out that system to replace it with a new one.

"Playing hero gets you nowhere if you aren't ready to act."

Kingdom Hearts RPG Moderator
Resident Asshole
Hikari
Hikari

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down