roleplay
Latest topics
What are Your Current Plans for Your Character?
February 11th 2018, 7:33 pm
Chastelle

Land Of Twilight - A Legend Of Zelda Roleplay
October 22nd 2017, 4:39 pm
Josh Dragovalor

The Infinite; Rick and Morty [Forumotion]
October 21st 2017, 1:37 pm

Steamhunter
October 20th 2017, 8:25 am

Dragonball Legacy
October 14th 2017, 5:54 pm

Staff
Updates
11.1.2017 - Kingdom Hearts RP is now closed. We'd like to thank everyone who invested time on the site for contributing to a wonderful experience which lasted for many years. All stories must eventually end, but while this may seem bittersweet, it can't be stressed enough what a pleasure it was to create and share them with you all. Goodbye everyone.

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Etzolix
Essentially, the proposition of giving people the opportunity to obtain learning elements.

Also, we'd let restricted elements be used again, however, they would only be used for learning elements.

I have in mind how the system would be implemented but I want to see site reception of this idea first.
Also, this is derived from Azmot's topic considering I've been contemplating this for awhile.

So questions, concerns and opinions go down below.

Sidenote: If agreed upon all members in a site topic we'd allow them to, "regain MP" if say it was like a day of resting and they went to sleep and woke up for things such as extensive training topics and whatnot. This is a thing I would like to push forward since it makes sense and wouldn't otherwise. However, this wouldn't be for in battle purposes.

In this cold reality,
I made this selfish war machine.

Back to top Go down

Rayna
I would love to see learning elements come back. Personally, three just feels too limited.
As for the aspect of restricted, I think it would be good, but with high prerequisites [such as application, RP samples, judge of good character, etc] and much monitoring.

Also, the resting idea is nice, and even for long, drawn out battles [like a tournament] a resting area would be cool.

Last edited by Rayna on September 8th 2012, 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

——————————
————————————  
——————————  
——————————

[11:11:32 PM] Biscuits : All we are is Ducks in the WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNND

[16:48:07] * Gene falls asleep in the punch bowl
[16:48:50] Xemnas : ...why...are you in the punch bowl?
[16:49:18] Rayna : Because he likes it in there. Don't tap on the glass, he hates that.

[ Max magic : 60 MP | Cure / Light / Sound | Post count : 317 > current | Profile ]

Back to top Go down

Jet Enduro
I say yes

max magic =300 Magic Old post count:3869

Chicken: How do you Hear silence you dumb bitch?

Back to top Go down

Kenos
Hmm...I'd like to to try it out. I'm not sure what exactly the learning element is, though...I joined soon after it was taking out.

Back to top Go down

Lenneth
The La Vaeas of Darkness
agreed I am for this cause it will adds depth to creations, makes use of the powerfully elements and tones them down for actually use and lets new types of creation to actually be in effect

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Etzolix
A learning element is essentially your 4th element but is weaker than your tertiary.

Your primary would be a 90-100% grade wise (depending on how good you were with magic).
Your secondary would be a 80-89%.
Your tertiary would be 70%-79%.

Where your learning element would be more 65%-69% in how proficient you are with them.

I hope that clears that up. I mean that as in like grades A, B, C and a D. At least that's how grades were in my school (very low rating school).

In this cold reality,

Back to top Go down

Kenos
Oh, in that case, YES. Thanks for the explanation. I'd love a fourth element.

.....Not that I use all my elements equally or frequently anyways xD

Back to top Go down

Etzolix
No worries. You have plenty of slots to access and you'd also get a week (along with other members) to get rid of anything they want to allow room for a 4th element.

In this cold reality,

Back to top Go down

Adrian King
If anything, seeing as how offensive my character is, he needs a Cure spell or some sort of defensive magic (Aero, Reflect)

I can haz Omens?

Back to top Go down

Zakai
I'm all for this idea

Back to top Go down

Shirou
yar.

[23:25:24] Zihark joined the chat on 10/17/2011, 11:25 pm
[23:27:16] Zihark : I SUSCEDE SHIROU VELOX, YOUR IDEA WAS BETTER

[02:13:16] Etzolix : YOU WON'T
[02:13:18] Etzolix : I GOT YIMA ON A LEASH

[1:41:03 AM] "Ansem": I only have
[1:41:09 AM] "Ansem": 500 munny
[1:41:20 AM] "Ansem": ....IMA WELFARE PIMP

Back to top Go down

Etzolix
I'll take that as a yes?

In this cold reality,

Back to top Go down

Etzolix
Touche.

Any comments on my side note? Or?

In this cold reality,

Back to top Go down

Lenneth
The La Vaeas of Darkness
It makes the worry of long story topics a lot more bearable and training topics that last for days in story but one topic

Back to top Go down

Arianne Rose
I don't see why we removed it in the first place. The learning element was an excellent manner of versatility and uniqueness. I am all for having it back personally.

However, I'm not for the restricted elements.
Space
Time
Illusion

The only reason they are up there is for the sake of cannon use. After running FFWorldzcom for four years, and coming across too many problems with people using these spells, I too banned them from non-cannon use, in addition to the Soul element. (A concept I'm hoping never makes its way into the KH franchise, because absorbing all elements into HP is just plain ridiculous.)

Graviga, for example, is a massive area spell that deals damage to anything caught in it---in Kingdom Hearts I, this spell is used as MAX HP DELETER. (Which means, that if you were hit with it, you didn't take much damage and it wasn't fatal even at 1 HP, but your HP value actually went down.) If you were hit enough times with Gravity, your HP value may go from 90%/100%, to 30%/40%, much like the Disease Status in Final Fantasy. (And no, I'm not bullshitting you either, I'm reading this directly from the Strategy Guide.)

However in the bulk of games that it is placed in (CoM, and more recent Final Fantasies) have it as a damage multiplier: basically meaning that the weight of Gravity as a spell causes the targets to take more damage, and this ability was stackable. In theory this would make sense, because the gravity would put more stress on the body trying to move and fight, therefore making them more vulnerable.

There's also the practical use of the spell. We're talking about walking on walls, suspending from ceilings, and being able to hang in the middle of the air...(Xigbar...)
In either case of whatever version you want Gravity spells to be, it's not going to be much of a fair playing field.

Time in itself is a complicated concept, which is why we've never (ever) had an active Luxord. Time Magic in itself is a very overpowered concept in the idea that it literally stops time in a certain area. The damage dealt to the target during this period of time, would be accumulated and dealt after the spell wore off.
At FFworldzcom, I allowed this element to be used for minor buffs and debuffs, such as slow and haste (which are technically time magics, and I can tell you first hand that these actually work...but they have to be monitored). I didn't, however, allow STOP or any of their other versions to be allowed as far as spells went---save for Summons with the ability, and even their Stop was limited to a maximum of five posts. Everything else? Sure, okay. But not Stop. (Or Disable for that matter.)
Anybody caught in that kind of spell wouldn't be able to use weapons, spells, or enchantments, for however long the spell deemed it.

Illusions are things I don't have that big an issue with. The only thing I worry about them though is damage computation.
Xemnas and Zexion both have the ability to conjure up doubles of themselves to attack the enemy, which in itself is a pretty extreme ability when you're talking that we already have partner characters and damage being done by the main character themselves. Add into that damage dealt by copies of them, who deal in essence half the damage that they do according to the stats base on the gameplay.

And then there are absolutely infinite possibilities as to what one can create through illusions. We're talking anything here. Imagine what someone with the MP pool of Lenneth or Morpheus could do with something like that, seriously.

I would let this sleeping dog lie. There's a reason why these elements are restricted to cannons. Even as a learning element, these three are just too much. It wouldn't matter the proficiency of the magics, simply because the spells in those three areas are that powerful in the first place. They are restricted for a reason, and it should honestly be kept that way.

===This topic is strictly a NO WHINING ZONE===
40 MP
Crux's Magic Count: 20 MP
Caution: I post walls of text in my RP's.

Back to top Go down

Hikari
Ahem here is my answer.

To both of these. Learning elements are a pretty awesome concept and they make a lot of sense to have in the roleplay universe! Same with the restricted elements... Although some can see them being abused it's pretty simple to prevent them from being abused. Don't approve any abusive spells with them, which basicully throws that theory out the window. I'll leave the staff to do their business, but I'm just using this to inform you that abusive spells, forms, etc probably won't make the cut.

Why do they make sense to have in the roleplay universe? Well think about this. Everybody can learn new things if they try, elements would be the same. In fighting games or any other type of video game they'll upgrade the movesets of characters... How does that fit into the lore? They learned how to master it. You can't master that art if you didn't master the element regarding it. Now I know if this gets passed it's not going to become like that, you aren't going to be able to master the elements from what I'm aware of and even if you can it'll take a long time, but I'm just using it as an example. If a character from a video game is allowed to master an element, what says we can't?

The thing is we can work around all the problems and have back a fun to use concept! Again once more I plead my answer!

Also no to the sidenote. We already regain MP when we enter a lot of topics, and those topics half the time only last for a day. I still stand saying no on that side, so no for regaining MP in my opinon.

"Playing hero gets you nowhere if you aren't ready to act."

Kingdom Hearts RPG Moderator
Resident Asshole

Back to top Go down

Azmot
MAG : 1
I'm voting yes for both, and staying passive for these arguments.

On a note, though, this is one of the many systems I was talking about testing. Seriously, if someone thinks of a system that they think can benefit the site, bring it up. >_>

Back to top Go down

Paleo Ansem
To allowing the learning elements to return honestly idk we already allow three is another really needed?

As for the sidenote i see no reason for regaining mp like that since most topics the longest they will span is day to day training topics if that really need to be the case make a new topic with day two that goes right off the last one

As for allowing those elements to be open again.

No, god no, No in way in hell am i for this I look at this and i saw was

ansem vision:
This would be abused like fat white americans take advantage of human trafficking in europe

I honestly see no good coming from this

The only reason those elements should only be taken is due to canon rights and even then if there attempted to be abused then the said canon
should have the element revoked and be evaluated to see if they deserve the character.

My opinion obviously in no way is the staff's putting it down so that is noted.

Last edited by Ansemthegreat on September 9th 2012, 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total

Infinite MP - Darkness - Space - Time - 3314 Posts

Back to top Go down

Hikari
Abused?

Nup, can't see it. How abused abilities would get passed in the first place is beyond what I can handle. Couldn't the spell or whatever just be denied if they were abusing their rights with the element? It's that easy to work around.

"Playing hero gets you nowhere if you aren't ready to act."

Kingdom Hearts RPG Moderator
Resident Asshole

Back to top Go down

Trent
Time is something i'm personally against, space it depends, it would have to be monitored a lot and illusion ... I'd be a hypocrite if i said anything against it (personally has used it and loves it). But again, heavily monitored.

Learning elements is a yes. I want my sound.

Mp: 60 (Darkness, Wind, Fire)
Theon's MP: 30 (Light, Cure, Earth)

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top