» Marionette
The Directive EmptyDecember 2nd 2018, 2:31 pm by +/-

» suck on my magnum dong
The Directive EmptyOctober 18th 2018, 9:25 pm by Gemini

» It's my birthday.
The Directive EmptyOctober 4th 2018, 8:20 pm by Gemini

» EW
The Directive EmptySeptember 9th 2018, 3:53 am by Gemini

» What are Your Current Plans for Your Character?
The Directive EmptyFebruary 11th 2018, 7:33 pm by Chastelle

Statistics
We have 3557 registered users
The newest registered user is Shirou Seeker of Duckness

Our users have posted a total of 143994 messages in 12544 subjects

The Directive

Go down

Should any of these points be thought of for the current site, or even a complete reboot?

The Directive I_vote_lcap0%The Directive I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
The Directive I_vote_lcap0%The Directive I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
The Directive I_vote_lcap93%The Directive I_vote_rcap 93% 
[ 14 ]
The Directive I_vote_lcap7%The Directive I_vote_rcap 7% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 15

The Directive Empty The Directive

Post by Azmot on September 8th 2012, 6:55 pm

https://kingdomhearts.forumotion.net/t4929p105-rebooting-the-site-needs-all-members#57761

Referenced from above, the same intentions applied.

So, during the post where I was explaining why I think this should be done, I had to cut it short and not deliver all of my points. Whereas I will do so now.

Alright, so the first, and most prudent, point that I wanted to make is this.

This site has so much history. New members can be intimidated by this, and most people don't want to have to sift through histories and make connections, read site histories, and do another mass of question you have to ask AFTER you ask the standard "new member" questions. A lot of things that could be done, have. Most older characters here have grown to an Apex, and have little areas to grow internally. Sure, we can do External Events, but what can an old Character like Lenny or Etzolix grow to? I suppose that can grow old and be a mentor of sorts, but it's really no fun doing that. Creative instances are dwindling, and a lot of creation things have been limited to past experiences, such as bad cases with Illusion and Time elements and morphing weapons. Spells have become more alike and non-diverse, and weapons are also dwindling in creativity. True, though you can only have so many different swords and such, it's quite difficult to find a picture that someone who isn't even active used and is therefore, unoriginal.

Two of my next points have been hit with this statement, so I'll move on to the latter. Inactive members. There are so many character profiles, weapons, spells, and other creations that have been buried beneath others, which aren't deleted due to an amount of characters "returning", recently and not. Only because someone /might/ come back some strange day, we keep these around and the site has no uniform. We don't prune inactive members during annual activity checks because it might be "intimidating", or something or other. It doesn't have to be monthly; It could be trimonthly, or even yearly. But really, these profiles and creations need to be deleted, archived, and placed out of site.

To another point. This site is extremely non-uniformed. The format has been applied on the site for quite some time now, and is basic (but lovely). The boards are very easy to string together, and it is hard to separate them from one to another. The template needs to be updated to something more efficient, and quite honestly, easier on the eyes.

To the next; The site is understaffed. Yes, we have 2 Admins and two Moderators, which is well enough for approvals; But what about for other things? Like a Site Design moderator, or an Advertisement Moderator, a Gameplay moderator, A specific Creation Moderator. All of these things would be nice for various reasons; From leading to increased activity to less disputes about power-playing and other things.

And another something I am concerned about. Things such as Stats, capabilities, and the such have been debated more and more as time passes. There is a clutter of what things were, what they could be, and what they are; The rules are one giant clump of heap-ness-like-bunches. Yes, I understand that they were all reposted and updated, but doubt, without indiscretion, can be caused very easily from these same rules.

All of the new systems and rules are another big thing. Every single update that has been applied should be put into the official template and such to prevent confusion of varying things.

Alas, the history thing is my biggest concern. It can be scary for someone to present themselves to so much history. Sure, there can be history between characters, but after a point, if the characters are off and on so much, than it seems like a newer character is only a part of something much greater than himself or herself. And, the "worked hard to get where we are", thing; The hard work is the fun part. New systems need to be made, and old ones should be rejuvenated. This is the time to test systems that may or may not work, such as MP regen or stats, or anything else. Powerlevels, too, should be tested.

So consider these points, and reply below to what you think.

Know that I'm not even suggesting a reboot, though it isn't out of question. The History thing, though my biggest concern, is the only thing that requires a reboot, really. So, I suppose we can just work around everything else and keep the current site and history in tact, but changes could, and should, definitely be made to make the site better. I know that our Moderators and Admins are working hard, but kinks in the system implore for more change and more people to help. That is all.
Azmot
Azmot

Back to top Go down

The Directive Empty Re: The Directive

Post by Hikari on September 8th 2012, 7:21 pm

No. I'd rather not restart my charrie and remove every chunk of history and every plot he has that has made him unique. Also I'd rather not lose my only back-up charrie if restarting the site results in me losing my savebox PMs, because that would make it stupid. Plus if this does happen that charrie will confuse everybody unless they know about my charrie.

The point is I say no though, I don't want to lose all the time I've spent with my charrie and I'd probably disappear as well as many others who don't feel like revamping their whole charrie back to square one. And in the CB Drakar said I recall him saying he'd rather not go through the whole approval process again, I'm not sure if he's changed his mind but based off that I don't think our newer members would exactly like the idea of having to start over again. Nor would any of the older members from my eyes. I'm sorry but I'm aganist this. Also what you said about the stat system... You are sly Az you truly are. You want stats back don't you? Don't lie to me, I have psychic abilities. Anywho in all seriousness here's my final answer...

"Playing hero gets you nowhere if you aren't ready to act."

Kingdom Hearts RPG Moderator
Resident Asshole
Hikari
Hikari

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenos on September 8th 2012, 7:26 pm

I against this as well. No offense to you; I like how things are right now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayna on September 8th 2012, 7:36 pm

I agree with Cool on the OHHH GOD NO.

Anyway, we haven't just grown as characters. To remove everyone's history would be like saying everything never happened, and it has. I've grown as a person along with my character, as well as everyone else's. Not willing to lose everything, thank you. I vote no.

—————————
————————————  
——————————  
—————————

[11:11:32 PM] Biscuits : All we are is Ducks in the WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNND

[16:48:07] * Gene falls asleep in the punch bowl
[16:48:50] Xemnas : ...why...are you in the punch bowl?
[16:49:18] Rayna : Because he likes it in there. Don't tap on the glass, he hates that.

[ Max magic : 60 MP | Cure / Light / Sound | Post count : 317 > current | Profile ]
Rayna
Rayna

Back to top Go down

Post by Jet Enduro on September 8th 2012, 7:37 pm

Ive been on the site since may 2007 about half a month after it started. I have been on here making friends and changing the site around moving stuff up and down. I have seen all the wars on the site the major events the changing of powers i have seen all the admins change i have been around this site the longest out of everyone on the site currently. I honestly think resetting every single character history for a few bullet points because people feel that they can't live up to the current people is dumb. The whole point is to work up to where we are at. Even now we still are not end game. There are hundreds if not thousands of routes we can go to change the characters around the experience we have we earned in to a point blood. To take that all away just for a few people to get a "Leg up" is pointless because the people who already have the strength they have now will still work their way back up and will still gain that strength back. No The power is not what matters what we have done what we have built this site up to and the histories we have created on this site are what made this site the way it is now. If it was all reset there would be no point in having any of the stuff we have now because it would make no sense at all the even more work we would have to put in to rework everything just for a few people to not feel "Intimidated" in all honesty I think people who want the reset are just being lazy because they don't want to put the work in to getting their own power so make everyone else drop to our level. Is it fair for those who have been around for 2+ years to have to lose everything? No

Is it fair for those who have been around for 2 weeks to still have little to nothing? Yes because you have not done anything. There for I say no to this idea and will always say no to it long after im gone.

Chicken: How do you Hear silence you dumb bitch?
Jet Enduro
Jet Enduro

Back to top Go down

Post by Trent on September 8th 2012, 7:42 pm

While I somewhat agree that there is a long history to learn with being a new member, it is also nice to have some background into a site too. Besides, most of these pasts events don't affect newer members and their own plots. Hell,only reason I knew ICly about the empire is because I worked under Jet for a couple of months. Members shouldn't be intimidated because those events don't matter. Time changes a lot and sites change as well, if there are older members who want to "relive their glory days" and want everything to be where it was, tell them to piss off and live in the now. New members should not feel intimidated by these so called vets OOCly as at this point they can make their own history on this site and surpass the inactive and the active ones. The older members have their power and gives newer people a challenge. We all like a challenge once and a while and there will always be something to surpass. Plus, if people are in the middle of plots and development, it'd be horrible to tell them "Lol character development?! Nah, start over." and say goodbye to your work.

The restrictions on elements were placed for a reason and I agree with them, especially time. And there is no census of weapon pictures so, who cares about that? If the the person isn't active and you want that picture, take it. If people are making so called "unoriginal spells", let them, they want it to take a slot.

The clutter isn't that bad, if it gets really bad they can just move some topics to the archives or something. As for pruning, I understand what you mean but eh, doesn't make too much of a difference.

As for the staff thing, most of the positions you stated are useless, this site doesn't need titles like that, just makes the staff roster look complicated.

Mp: 60 (Darkness, Wind, Fire)
Theon's MP: 30 (Light, Cure, Earth)
Trent

Back to top Go down

Post by Azmot on September 8th 2012, 7:47 pm

Honestly, I couldn't understand what you wrote, Jet. Apologies.

Regardless, this is not to get a... leg up, from what I got from Jet's post. This is not about being better than someone or someone not doing something or other. This is mainly about the good of the site.

If none of you previously noticed, I mentioned that this was not all I was saying. I said the reboot was not the only thing to contemplate, and i'm not going to re-type what I wrote. I'm glad that you guys have opinions, but if we stick to the same subject that is only a portion of the problem, then this will die and be utterly pointless. I'm sorry for even suggesting that you guys would have to go through the work of doing a character again; and no, I'm not being sarcastic. Not to say you couldn't just be the same character, just reset, but I digress. This is obviously something people do not want to do.

But what about the other things, which were more of a focal point to other people (though not me)? Does anyone even want to discuss the thought of a new site format, an official set of system trial runs, new moderators and such? That is really important to the site as a whole, less than the history is. The clutter and rules, all of the things I also talked about, and not the 1 and a half paragraphs (if even) I wrote about history.

Also, the restrictions on elements and such. This is where the trials start out. Keyblades are restricted for reasons that are canon, but elements are from player reasons. Why not simply allow people to provide an RP sample to use an element? It's silly to think that you can only choose from most of the elements because some people messed up. Really.

The clutter /is/ a problem. All of these old topics look, honestly, terrible. And I believe that certain moderators should be appointed, and of course, they have purposes that will be fulfilled. Like, Smitty and Pinky both have graphical experience, so they should work on Site art and site-specific graphics that make the site just that much better.

Last edited by Azmot on September 8th 2012, 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Azmot
Azmot

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayna on September 8th 2012, 7:48 pm

Not really. I think things are good just as they are. If there's no immediate problem, why change it? If the site was going to die, it'd be one thing. But, this site is very successful and therefore we should keep things as they are. After all, there was just a change: Shi and Etz inherited the site and are doing good things for it. Still no for me. Sorry.

—————————
————————————  
——————————  
—————————

[16:49:18] Rayna : Because he likes it in there. Don't tap on the glass, he hates that.

[ Max magic : 60 MP | Cure / Light / Sound | Post count : 317 > current | Profile ]
Rayna
Rayna

Back to top Go down

Post by Azmot on September 8th 2012, 7:52 pm

I'm aware. This is a suggestion because it's something that can be implemented into the new system, as previously stated. This is the time to make suggestions, Rayna, such as this one.
Azmot
Azmot

Back to top Go down

Post by Etzolix on September 8th 2012, 7:54 pm

The staff are already developing a new site format and have been doing so in the background for awhile. We were waiting for an opportune moment to discuss it as a whole as a staff before hand so we could present a new site design idea to you so the community as a whole could help develop an appealing look.

That along with many other site things have been in the works since, "Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:45 pm"

At least that's when the entire list of what we wanted to do was officially posted since we had talked about it on skype for a couple days to get everything situated Yima having volunteered to be a secretary and write all this down and then proceeding to type it up.

In this cold reality,
I made this selfish war machine.
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Hikari on September 8th 2012, 7:54 pm

Az you avoided the point that I addressed, that being the stat points. Looks like you should of put more points into your sly and cunning stat.

Anywho moving on I don't really have an opinon on those. I was going to say it was a cool idea about the whole paths for mods, such as designers or approval mods, but I can't really find point in them sadly. I don't really know what to think of anything else, or that one in general, so I don't really have an opinon regarding those.

"Playing hero gets you nowhere if you aren't ready to act."

Kingdom Hearts RPG Moderator
Resident Asshole
Hikari
Hikari

Back to top Go down

Post by Azmot on September 8th 2012, 7:58 pm

Oh, the stats system was an example, Cool. We still have it, just in word form. Also, the point would be to relieve stress from Admins and other non-creation and such moderators so they have more time for the important stuff.

And if such things are in the works, mind hinting at them so we can rule them out?

EDIT: Also, I'm sort of disappointed. No one wants to change the site at all, from graphics to simply cleaning up clutter? That seems really odd to me.
Azmot
Azmot

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayna on September 8th 2012, 8:03 pm

Because it's fine as it is. There's no reason, really.

—————————
————————————  
——————————  
—————————

Rayna
Rayna

Back to top Go down

Post by Azmot on September 8th 2012, 8:07 pm

To make the site better? That's all the reason there needs to be. Fine and great are two different things.
Azmot
Azmot

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenneth on September 8th 2012, 8:12 pm

I'm voting no with most of my points already talked about with others in this topic.

As for the graphs and other site clutter has been explained that the staff have been working on it

The La Vaeas of Darkness

Back to top Go down

Post by Paleo Ansem on September 8th 2012, 8:41 pm

excuse me did you honestly type in that post so you may rule them out?

No.

How about you wait until we are finished

Strike one azmot.

Paleo Ansem

Back to top Go down

Post by Balendin8 on September 8th 2012, 9:43 pm

Pretty much do not see any reason to do most of this stuff. I think most of it is working fine. Why fix what is not broken?

Sovereign of Beast's Castle in Exile

Max Magic: 110
Elements: Earth, Cure, Fire
Theme Music: Soldiers of the Wasteland

[22:33:21] Zihark : I didn't know lenny died?
[22:33:29] Zihark : how long did he stay after he died
[22:33:47] Etzolix : Uh idk.
[22:33:55] Etzolix : He let himself die cause he wanted to live.
Balendin8
Balendin8

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenos on September 8th 2012, 10:08 pm

The clutter doesn't appear to be as much as a problem as you think it is, Azmot. It may be bothering you, but everyone else seems to have no problem with it. And like others said, the staff is working on some stuff at the moment, behind the scenes. I think that we should wait until the staff makes their changes, and see if there are any issues after that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Etzolix on September 8th 2012, 10:37 pm

Also, that's the point of Character Profiles so that everyone has all of their approved items in a single topic which they link in their signature for easy organization of everything.

In this cold reality,
I made this selfish war machine.
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirou on September 9th 2012, 12:35 am

I'm personally for this because I want to reinvent Shirou. However, restarting the history of the site is something that everybody would have to be on board for. And I mean everybody.

As for the system, it works. We've used it over the years, and we've found the kinks and improved upon it. Making a new system from scratch will result from way more problems than we have now.

As for adding new staff, and even more so, specific roles? I've always disliked that. It restricts the whole staff, preventing them from actually learning how to do the whole site kind of stuff. Also, we're not that busy. If we are in need of more staff, then they'd be appointed as mods, or at most, we'd make an intern-like position.

[23:25:24] Zihark joined the chat on 10/17/2011, 11:25 pm
[23:27:16] Zihark : I SUSCEDE SHIROU VELOX, YOUR IDEA WAS BETTER

[02:13:16] Etzolix : YOU WON'T
[02:13:18] Etzolix : I GOT YIMA ON A LEASH

[1:41:03 AM] "Ansem": I only have
[1:41:09 AM] "Ansem": 500 munny
[1:41:20 AM] "Ansem": ....IMA WELFARE PIMP

Shirou
Shirou

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian King on September 9th 2012, 12:38 am

Intern-like positions would be like approvals, and if their judgement is correct then the Admin finalizes it. Otherwise, admin or moderator does the approval for them.

The Directive Diothr11
I can haz Omens?
Adrian King
Adrian King

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirou on September 9th 2012, 12:41 am

Possibly, yes. We, as the staff, haven't discussed this yet, it's just something I think would happen. Take it as my word, rather than the staff's. So far, there are no plans for interns.

Shirou
Shirou

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenos on September 9th 2012, 12:45 am

So they would be like the Assistants from before the site change? I can't remember their name exactly...I remember the color, though. It was a light blue ^^

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirou on September 9th 2012, 2:01 pm

Er, yes and no. Assistants were...well, supposed to be people who helps members. They weren't actually part of staff, just a singled out group of experienced members. Interns would simply be "staff-in-training," and would eventually be promoted to Moderator.

Shirou
Shirou

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content