Log in

I forgot my password

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Marionette
PS3 or Xbox360? - Page 2 EmptyDecember 2nd 2018, 2:31 pm by +/-

» suck on my magnum dong
PS3 or Xbox360? - Page 2 EmptyOctober 18th 2018, 9:25 pm by Gemini

» It's my birthday.
PS3 or Xbox360? - Page 2 EmptyOctober 4th 2018, 8:20 pm by Gemini

» EW
PS3 or Xbox360? - Page 2 EmptySeptember 9th 2018, 3:53 am by Gemini

» What are Your Current Plans for Your Character?
PS3 or Xbox360? - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 11th 2018, 7:33 pm by Chastelle

Statistics
We have 3557 registered users
The newest registered user is Shirou Seeker of Duckness

Our users have posted a total of 143994 messages in 12544 subjects

PS3 or Xbox360?

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

PS3 or Xbox360? - Page 2 Empty Re: PS3 or Xbox360?

Post by Hikari on August 15th 2012, 2:19 pm

I own a Wii, a PS3, and an Xbox liking them each. Sadly though I have to agree with Leo. There are little too none mature rated video games for the Wii, in fact as close as it gets are teen rated games. In fact half the games that are out there for the Wii are probably even too childish for me, and I'm a child. But this doesn't stop me from having fun with them. In fact I play Animal Crossing more than Twilight Princess when I do play the Wii and this time it doesn't have anything to do with me sucking at that part where the birds drop bombs on that one girl's carriage, even though half the people who play the game just tell me it's easy.

On a different note... Specs? Not to be rude, but that's almost as stupid as that one commerical where they all praised the Atari Jaguar because it had lots of bits. Bersides I have an Xbox and a PS3, neither one of them has ran out of space on the memory if that's what you're talking about... In fact the only problem, if this counts as one, I had with it was on the PS3 when my little brother accidently deleted my progress in almost all of my games besides my ranking in COD. As for Halo moving to PS3, if that's the case LBP and GOW better be moving to the Xbox as well. I have no problems with either system but handing out exculsives to other systems in my opinon just makes it unfair. But I digress, that doesn't matter. No matter what though I say Xbox and PS3 are equal.

___________________
PS3 or Xbox360? - Page 2 Elsword___add_kim_by_maryah99-d7bpa7s

"Playing hero gets you nowhere if you aren't ready to act."

Kingdom Hearts RPG Moderator
Resident Asshole
Hikari
Hikari

Post Count : 3071

Back to top Go down

PS3 or Xbox360? - Page 2 Empty Re: PS3 or Xbox360?

Post by MorpheusZero on August 16th 2012, 12:14 am

Everybody has good arguments. I will always be partial to SONY and the PS3. The only thing that Altair said that was wrong was that Microsoft does not have more exclusive titles. Sony has a lot more exclusive titles that Microsoft does.

Apart from that, they are both good systems, though being a computer nerd I know the PS3 has some slightly better hardware with Blu Ray and Cell Processor and graphics engine. The graphics on game will look the same because they are made on Xbox first usually and ported over to PS3 or vice versa. The best graphical games that can be made of full extent to the PS3 graphics hardware can only be seen by the games published and developed by Sony. Such as Killzone or God of War, etc. When it comes to graphical quality, those games on graphics alone are unrivaled.

But everything else is about the same. It's more or less budget. People who have Xbox say Xbox is better. While people who have PS3 say it is better MOST of the time unless you know the specs.

So then it comes down to why did you get one system over the other originally? Well that is simple.

Xbox is cheaper than PS3. So usually you will find that younger teens will be playing more Xbox, while the majority of PS3 users are older teens up to 50 year old adults. I have about 10 peopel on friends list on PS3 that are over 40 years old. So most peopel who actually buy based on specs and durability will be willing to spend the extra money on a more finely built piece of hardware. So its the quaility of the product with a ratio to budget.

Thats my 10 cents.

___________________
PS3 or Xbox360? - Page 2 Kh_sigg223_zps154faa74
MorpheusZero
MorpheusZero

Post Count : 1824

http://www.snsclan.com/

Back to top Go down

PS3 or Xbox360? - Page 2 Empty Re: PS3 or Xbox360?

Post by Leo on August 16th 2012, 7:56 am

I must agree with a good bit of what you are saying Morph.

More of the younger generations are going with the xbox for the simple reason of saving money and it's still a fun system with more titles that might suit their desires while PS3 offers a more mature range.

I prefer the online capabilities on the xbox thus far, you can throw your headset on and chat with your friends while playing different games. That's one cool thing, yet quite simple and might not mean anything to anyone else.

I also prefer kinect over the sony ps3 "move". On a side note, if you ever want to know what it feels like to be a Jedi, play star wars on kinect=EPIC!

I like both systems and still enjoy playing both. But I can see where everyone is coming from with their arguments.

___________________
2,201 posts before the site hack
Date Joined: September 3, 2007  https://kingdomhearts.forumotion.net/t6153-leo-s-post-count#55808

140 Max Magic

Founder of the Guardians of Restoration
The Ruthless Guardian of Storms
Leo
Leo

Post Count : 1072

Back to top Go down

PS3 or Xbox360? - Page 2 Empty Re: PS3 or Xbox360?

Post by Hikari on August 16th 2012, 4:29 pm

I agree with most of what you're saying about Morph. PS3 does have a lot of features when it comes down to it, but Blu-Ray doesn't do much. If I wished to watch a Blu-Ray disc I'd just watch it on my TV, y'know... The one I'm using to play the PS3 in the first place. Yeah I'm pretty sure most people have that. Now it'd be fine if you wanted to chat with your PSN friends about the movie though, yeah I might consider using the Blu-Ray. But every time I start up a movie it disconnects me from PSN, therefore it's pretty useless in my opinon.

As for the whole "more mature" argument, meh. It isn't more "mature" in my opinon. Sure, probably most of your friends over PSN are mature but that doesn't make a system mature. Mature as far as video games go are simple ratings... You can't really rate a system. Just because half of PSN are 40 year old men or women doesn't make the system more mature. I mean think about this for a second. You sign in to play a video game rated E or E10 and most of the people you're playing with are 40 year olds or whatever age you want to say. In fact most of the people on the game are adults or at least close to being one... That doesn't make a game's rating change to mature though. The contents of the game choose what it's rated, why should systems be any different? There's no rating for systems and there shouldn't be. Just because people older than 10-17 play the Wii doesn't make it any more mature! Maybe I didn't describe this as best as I could of, but meh that's all I have to say about that. People younger aren't the only ones who buy systems for cheaper, pretty much everyone does that so they can save money to buy a lot games to play on the system. After all if you don't have any games, any system you're playing on is pretty much useless. Plus I got the PS3 when I was about 10, so I don't think people just get a system because they think it suits their age...

In all honesty though it may sound like I'm trying to defend the Xbox, meaning I'd side with it. That's not the case though if you were thinking that. I try to defend both systems, because they're both equal in my eyes. Each have their own qualites that make them unique. The systems don't suck, you just have different opinons. If you like the Xbox over the PS3 it's fine by me, if you like the PS3 over the Xbox than it's fine by me as well, but I will attempt to defend both if they are getting spit on.

___________________
PS3 or Xbox360? - Page 2 Elsword___add_kim_by_maryah99-d7bpa7s

"Playing hero gets you nowhere if you aren't ready to act."

Kingdom Hearts RPG Moderator
Resident Asshole
Hikari
Hikari

Post Count : 3071

Back to top Go down

PS3 or Xbox360? - Page 2 Empty Re: PS3 or Xbox360?

Post by ReinaKaitlynn on August 16th 2012, 5:44 pm

Although the hardware has little impact on it, cool, the software drives those consoles. A mixture of higher cost, higher quality, and more exclusive titles witha more mature audience base in mind make these consoles cater to their respective audiences. Sure, the wii is no more childish than any other console, the software base they work with is. Nintendo has a reputation for being a kids system through it's software, not hardware.
Just a rebuttal to your statement. <_<

___________________
PS3 or Xbox360? - Page 2 Banner10

Reina Kaitlynn Extraviena Dorcha Wolvenheim II, Healer, summoner, and general support Thaumaturge.
ReinaKaitlynn
ReinaKaitlynn

Post Count : 320

Back to top Go down

PS3 or Xbox360? - Page 2 Empty Re: PS3 or Xbox360?

Post by Leo on August 16th 2012, 5:52 pm

I think in order to have a legit opinion on either system or prefer one over the other, you actually have to put in time with both systems. I use to despise even the thought of Xbox until my brother in laws asked me to play with them one day on theirs and it was actually pretty fun, which led me to getting one of my own.

Giving both systems a chance is the only way to form a true/worthy opinion. It doesn't matter the hardware or software, or which one has better graphics, or the controls, or the exclusive games, or the cost...everyone likes the systems for different reason. My main point, give them both a chance before trying to form an uneducated and unexperienced opinion.

___________________
2,201 posts before the site hack
Date Joined: September 3, 2007  https://kingdomhearts.forumotion.net/t6153-leo-s-post-count#55808

140 Max Magic

Founder of the Guardians of Restoration
The Ruthless Guardian of Storms
Leo
Leo

Post Count : 1072

Back to top Go down

PS3 or Xbox360? - Page 2 Empty Re: PS3 or Xbox360?

Post by MorpheusZero on August 16th 2012, 6:04 pm

I didn't say the system was rated as mature cool. I said more mature individuals tend to play PS3 because THE INDIVIDUAL iS MATURE ENOUGH to know to buy a more market reliable product on the market. Take into account the amount of problems Xbox had with red rings in its early days.

Then some will so OH BUY SONY GOT HACKED! Well the thing people don't understand is that Sony had the 2nd best security in the corporate world at the time, only rivaled by Apple. So the thing is that Microsoft can't be hacked. It's that they people didn't care enough to try. Microsoft PCs have been getting hacked since the dawn of the technological age.

And yes you can rate a system based on the maturity of the people that play on it actually. I just showed you that. You are talking about MATURE as if it is an ESRB rating for a game like GORE VIOLENCE AND NUDITY. that is now what MATURE means. Mature is a word describing the sociological development in stages of a humans life cycle. THe mature you are referring to is simply a word used by the industry to categorize a game. I'm talking about MATURE the way webster talks about it. Not ESRB.

And yet again you miss the point. When I say Blu Ray being Superior, I don't mean just to watch movies. All PS3 games are burned to Blu ray discs. They are tripled coated and written so that they only have to be read once and then are saved to virtual random access memory. This is why PS3 cant have cross-game chat like Xbox because their RAM is tied up when playing a game. The difference is that the blu ray disc for a PS3 game only spins around a few times when you put the disc in, then it sits still inside the console. This means the laser is rarely used, less easy to break. Now Xbox uses HD DVDs which are only single coated, easily scratched, and because they do not use Blu Ray technology, they have to spin and be read by the laser constantly. This is why the oldest PS3 models break easily because they are backwards compatible and have to use the old laser method of reading DVDs. This is also why Xbox tends to overheat because of the laser being used excessively.

I can take a blu ray right now, drop it off my house onto the concrete and it PROBABLY won't scratch. IF I took a regular DVD and dropped it onto concrete from 35 feet it could shatter, and even if it didnt, you run the risk of it skipping and being scratched very easily. THIS is why I say PS3 has superior hardware. Movies aside, Blu Ray is the better technology.

So before you spat off about WHY something is useless, at least do a little research about what the tech is used for and how its applicable in future advances in science.

and Leo I'm not saying that Xbox is bad, and YES hardware and software is EVERYTHING when it comes to a piece of computer technology. I mean really? Would you buy an OLD POS gateway computer from the 90's for $100 or a brand new HP laptop for $100? OF COURSE the HP. Why? Because of the hardware and software. So yes all that DOES have to do with stuff. I'm not saying either is superior because they both have pros and cons.

And if anything, I have yet to see a SINGLE person give an uneducated or unexperience opinion besides Cool. Everyone here that has given an argument to a discussion you started, has given valid points on both.

I prefer Playstation and I've put in ample time on both systems. Why? Because I'm a computer nerd studying Computer Science and I know a thing or two about what makes these machine's work and how the technology and software incorporates into the big picture and how it can affect us in the future.

Is XBOX a bad console? No its not, I just prefer PS3. Would I get an Xbox? I would buy one used, but I wouldnt pay for the Internet, it would only be to play a few of the games that I can't play on PS3, though even then it'd be far stretch as Playstation has more exclusive titles. But Xbox does have some that I believe would be worth trying.

EDIT: Another reason I think people would prefer one console over another is one thign Leo said. Like his friends he plays with has Xbox, so of course he'd prefer to play with a console that he can play with more friends on. Whereas liek me, I have over 250 friends that I play with on PS3. So thats another reason people would prefer one over the other.

___________________
PS3 or Xbox360? - Page 2 Kh_sigg223_zps154faa74
MorpheusZero
MorpheusZero

Post Count : 1824

http://www.snsclan.com/

Back to top Go down

PS3 or Xbox360? - Page 2 Empty Re: PS3 or Xbox360?

Post by Leo on August 16th 2012, 6:13 pm

Very nicely put my friend.

I wasn't trying to pinpoint anyone or blame them for giving an uneducated argument, I've just personally dealt with people that bash the system they know nothing about.

Everyone here seems to have done their research and this topic has turned out better than expected.

___________________
2,201 posts before the site hack
Date Joined: September 3, 2007  https://kingdomhearts.forumotion.net/t6153-leo-s-post-count#55808

140 Max Magic

Founder of the Guardians of Restoration
The Ruthless Guardian of Storms
Leo
Leo

Post Count : 1072

Back to top Go down

PS3 or Xbox360? - Page 2 Empty Re: PS3 or Xbox360?

Post by Hikari on August 16th 2012, 7:27 pm

Morph no need to yell at me, in fact I could of been simply doing so to get you to add on to your explanation whether it would be in hopes to find a loophole in your next statment or actually get you to add on to your explanation as a whole. Thus it would either make things more easy or make them harder, give the upperhand to myself or hand away the upperhand to you. In fact some people may have just done this when they first came across this part of your statment.

MorpheusZero wrote: I have about 10 peopel on friends list on PS3 that are over 40 years old. So most peopel who actually buy based on specs and durability will be willing to spend the extra money on a more finely built piece of hardware.

Possible Response wrote:Although specs help out in the end it doesn't matter about the specs, it matters about what YOU can do with the specs. Or rather as an alternative, most of it doesn't matter. Sure they help out but you have to focus on the video games themselves. Having lots of specs is nice but when it comes down to it, do the games owned by Sony live up to their expectations? We need not to focus on specs so much, but instead the games created by the company.

This response could probably be easily countered by some, though may be a bit harder or a bit easier to counter than my own statment. In the end though it's a game of... Well games. Having specs is nice and all but if you don't have good games alongside with them for your system, let's just say those specs in the end won't matter. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying PS3 exculsives are bad games, only adding on to the statments within for better or for worse. As for the hacking part, since I said nothing about that I'll leave that response unanswered. As for Blu-Ray itself as a whole rather than regular movies, let me explain. I can chuck an Xbox 360 disc to a solid ground and when it snaps say that Xbox sucks in the point of quality for their own discs or whatever... This doesn't prove anything though. Unless you have a concrete floor in your living room or have your gaming systems in your garage you're not going to have a problem with Xbox 360 and its discs for the most part. Now if I slam the disc to the ground on my carpet until it smashes into pieces that still does not mean that Xbox's discs suck and that Blu-Ray is absouletly required 100% when it comes to discs which is why the Xbox 360 can go die in a ditch, it just means I or anyone else who does so thinking to prove a point is too stupid to handle video game discs. No one pretty much walks outside to go on a stroll with their Xbox 360 disc either, or at least anyone that I know, so that's not going to be the case either. Blu-Ray may be able to take a few more hits but discs shouldn't be a problem for anyone in most cases. If you really want to prove a point by grabbing a baseball bat and beating the crap out of some discs for video games than perhaps you should focus on another way to prove how much better it is.

As for the part for the movies I'm not too famillar with most terms involving processing of computers, systems, etc so I won't be as good as answering to them as most people. Alas though at the age of 12 I'm not really expected to be a computer expert and for my standarts could be classifed as a "master" at it, if you count it for age. But I'll try anyways. Alright let's take it this way for a second. Video games, to movies... Which is more complex? The answer is video games. Video games require coding to be made and the people who make them have to be able to work with computers. Movies on the other hand just have to be directed by a camera, and although it may have taken work to assemble the camera the staff of how to make the movies didn't have to worry about making the camera itself to flim fotage. On Xbox Live I can play a game such as Halo Reach, where everyone is flying around and shooting rocket launchers or firing shotgun bottles. Imagine a lobby of about twenty people doing this while I message someone who I have on my friends list during the match. Sure it'll get me killed, but if I really wanted to I could message someone while in a lobby with people doing this. In multiplayer the pause menu does not stop the match. If I were to pause it the game would still run, even while I sent a message. With movies though they don't have to project the footage as people watch them. The footage was already created. With videos games on the other hand, the game itself is acting LIVE. Sure in story mode stuff could be planned out, but this is happening at the very second I'm playing a match. And the disc is running meaning that from my eyes PSN needs to step it up. Sure you can message people while playing the game which is kinda the whole point I was making, but with something less complex such as a movie you can't... Yeah, that doesn't really make Sony the best publishers in the world.

Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to hurt the PS3 or Sony itself. I am only saying this to make a point, whether the point be good or bad.

___________________
PS3 or Xbox360? - Page 2 Elsword___add_kim_by_maryah99-d7bpa7s

"Playing hero gets you nowhere if you aren't ready to act."

Kingdom Hearts RPG Moderator
Resident Asshole
Hikari
Hikari

Post Count : 3071

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

PS3 or Xbox360? - Page 2 Empty Re: PS3 or Xbox360?

Post by Etzolix on August 16th 2012, 8:05 pm

This is a Xbox vs Ps3 thread not a, "Look computers are better than consoles" thread. And while yes, this can branch out to other consoles it should stay relatively close to Xbox vs Ps3 not computer vs the both of them.


___________________



Profile


In this cold reality,
I made this selfish war machine.
Etzolix
Etzolix

Post Count : 10136

Back to top Go down

PS3 or Xbox360? - Page 2 Empty Re: PS3 or Xbox360?

Post by MorpheusZero on August 16th 2012, 9:44 pm

Kotor wrote:The Console is developed by a company different that the ones who make the games, for the most part. Sony and Microsoft designed the consoles and the Operating Systems they run on, and very few games. Those, not the games, are the software Morpheus was talking about.

Morpheus was not using the disks durability from drop to concrete as his point. That was an analogy to demonstrate that they were more so, however. XBOX consoles are constantly using the disk while the game plays whereas the PS3 reads from the disk once or twice during the entire time you're playing the game. That means less use on the disk, and the disk lasts longer. Hardware that doesn't have moving parts always lasts longer, assuming there are no defects.

I'll point out again, and this is why I'm a PC person. I can message and talk with people in-game and I can play blu-ray discs; but can either the XBOX or PS3 run the same game seamlessly across three screens?

Thank you, half of Cool's reply was based off of an explanation he still does not understand. It's hard to have a friendly debate when you don't know what you're talking about or understand the context.

___________________
PS3 or Xbox360? - Page 2 Kh_sigg223_zps154faa74
MorpheusZero
MorpheusZero

Post Count : 1824

http://www.snsclan.com/

Back to top Go down

PS3 or Xbox360? - Page 2 Empty Re: PS3 or Xbox360?

Post by ReinaKaitlynn on August 16th 2012, 10:08 pm

Indeed. Although console war topics end up in flaming the majority of the time, I'd say we're doing rather well in retrospect.
As an addendum, even though the software does make the game, the hardware is that game's functional limiter, as in superior hardware (discs included) will result in a less restricted game, which equates to higher graphical quality as an overall, more on-screen effects, and of course more space to put a game in. A great example comparison is the release of FFXIII, which you csn directly compare yourself. Graphical quality and framerate on PS3 are superb in comparison to it's ported cousin (and although I know ports are always a lower quality, this one is a significant enough difference to use as an example for sony support) and it only requires one solitary disc to hold all of that game, whereas XBOX needed 3 or 4 discs....
On a side note, and partially on topic, PS3 has made a smash bros. Ripoff, $10 says microsoft is rushing their version out as we type ;p
And finally to smitty, in reply to your 3 games at once Comment...
How many arms do you have?!... One copy of dark souls is enough to occupy me, I don't need more than that <_<;


___________________
PS3 or Xbox360? - Page 2 Banner10

Reina Kaitlynn Extraviena Dorcha Wolvenheim II, Healer, summoner, and general support Thaumaturge.
ReinaKaitlynn
ReinaKaitlynn

Post Count : 320

Back to top Go down

PS3 or Xbox360? - Page 2 Empty Re: PS3 or Xbox360?

Post by MorpheusZero on August 17th 2012, 12:13 pm

LOL Dark Souls. pfft. :P


___________________
PS3 or Xbox360? - Page 2 Kh_sigg223_zps154faa74
MorpheusZero
MorpheusZero

Post Count : 1824

http://www.snsclan.com/

Back to top Go down

PS3 or Xbox360? - Page 2 Empty Re: PS3 or Xbox360?

Post by Hikari on August 17th 2012, 2:14 pm

Thanks Kotor for pointing it out, I really don't know every term involving technolgy itself there is to know. But yeah still... I don't see how that makes a difference either. Running a disc only once or twice is great, it means the system can load fast. However this still doesn't make a difference in the point of Xbox vs PS3. I've never had a broken disc on the Xbox but listen to this before you go ranting. I've packed at the very least HUNDREDS of hours into Skyrim which I own for the Xbox! Yet still... It isn't broken. Sure maybe it will break someday but it'll take a long time unless you bought a used game from GameStop which has scratches or any kind of other damage inflicted upon it. The only disc I did have broken was alas for the Xbox but again hear me out. This was because someone accidently stepped down on the case, snapping the disc inside. Thus it was not the disc itself's own fault, but rather the person who stepped in it in which case the running of the disc has nothing to do with any of mine breaking. If the disc doesn't have a lot of pressure on it that's nice and all, but half of the gamer community won't really care unless it only takes a little time to break. In fact let's all be honest... How many of us have had a disc from either Xbox or PS3 break?

Anywho now that I've added my statment I can only await for a counter statment. However during this time I'd like to discuss an... Error, I've had with the PS3. Alright so you know Infamous 2 right? AMAZING game. However imagine this. So you're about to complete a mission so you can complete the game on good again because you accidently deleted your good profile. This mission is so close to the end it isn't even funny. Just as you're about to complete it you pause the game to switch powers so you can help Zeke... And it freezes. But know this as well. The whole system didn't freeze, I could still go back to PS home and everything else... Just the game itself. Yeah I don't know if this exactly has to do with the whole disc argument but I've had this happen to me about four times. I've checked for damage done to the disc, wiped it very smoothly with not too little pressure or too much... Yet it still continues to freeze on me. Yeah I think this has a lot to do with the whole "PS3's discs are better" argument. Now this may just be the disc itself as I've had it for a couple of years. But I've had Halo Reach for a bit more years, and yet it has never freezed on me. I played this game NONSTOP when I first got my hands on an Xbox, meaning that not only did it spin more times it spinned more times in multiple situations. And yet it has NEVER not ONCE freezed on me. Both of these discs were new by the way just to notify you. Halo Reach was sort of new though to be honest. I had it for a long time since I preordered it as I wanted the flaming helmet but since I didn't have an Xbox for quite a long time I could never play it. However this means up until the point I got my Xbox this was not played once.

___________________
PS3 or Xbox360? - Page 2 Elsword___add_kim_by_maryah99-d7bpa7s

"Playing hero gets you nowhere if you aren't ready to act."

Kingdom Hearts RPG Moderator
Resident Asshole
Hikari
Hikari

Post Count : 3071

Back to top Go down

PS3 or Xbox360? - Page 2 Empty Re: PS3 or Xbox360?

Post by ReinaKaitlynn on August 17th 2012, 5:40 pm

Sounds like a software issue you had, not a hardware one. Elder scrolls skyrim and even mass effect both had similar glitches, but the issues were software related not hardware. In skyrim, an update on PS3 (much to my dismay at the time) caused water entry to be glitched, and would entirely freeze the game if you even so much as tread a light puddle. It was repaired with a software update to the game, not the console. Also in the case of mass effect 3, if you didn't go to the appropriate areas in the right order, you could render a questline unfinishable, because for some reason you couldn't target the quest objective.... Both of those issues were due to software issues, and repaired with software updates, there were no hardware defects involved. I'd be willing to bet you have a software issue on.your hands, especially if it's recurring. Have you looked it up online yet? Also it is entirely possible you overheated your console too, but if it's recurring then that's a lot less likely... Either way I doubt it's a hardware issue, and until you can definatively prove it's not the software, I'd have to debate your Comment.

___________________
PS3 or Xbox360? - Page 2 Banner10

Reina Kaitlynn Extraviena Dorcha Wolvenheim II, Healer, summoner, and general support Thaumaturge.
ReinaKaitlynn
ReinaKaitlynn

Post Count : 320

Back to top Go down

PS3 or Xbox360? - Page 2 Empty Re: PS3 or Xbox360?

Post by MorpheusZero on August 17th 2012, 8:47 pm

Cool wrote:Thanks Kotor for pointing it out, I really don't know every term involving technolgy itself there is to know. But yeah still... I don't see how that makes a difference either. Running a disc only once or twice is great, it means the system can load fast. However this still doesn't make a difference in the point of Xbox vs PS3.

You STILL are missing the point from that aspect as I have explained it about 5 times in this thread already. Its not so the games can load fast. The REASON XBOX red rings is because it overheats. The REASON it overheats is because the disc has to spin and the LASER has to constantly read the disc which causes a lot of heat over time. Whereas the PS3 only reads the disc once and done, so the laser reader will last MUCH longer because its not being used. It has NOTHING to do with load times whatsoever. This is also why the first generation PS3s broke easier because they were backwards compatible with PS3 games and the laser was different inside of them having to read the disc constantly. I had a friend whose 1st Gen PS3 MELTED the graphics card because of playing PS2 games all the time, but it also causes the PS3 games to read all the time as well with those versions.[code]

___________________
PS3 or Xbox360? - Page 2 Kh_sigg223_zps154faa74
MorpheusZero
MorpheusZero

Post Count : 1824

http://www.snsclan.com/

Back to top Go down

PS3 or Xbox360? - Page 2 Empty Re: PS3 or Xbox360?

Post by Hikari on August 17th 2012, 9:15 pm

I didn't mean it to be in the shape of a load time. I just didn't know how to really describe it. However there's one flaw in your whole story, in the most important example of your post... Only old Xbox systems get the red ring. Even if you did have an old one rather than the new one and it got red ringed guess what, you can send it to Microsoft and they'll send you another one. From the sound of it free of ALL cost. Thus it means that just like PS3, there are different kinds of Xboxs. The first of course is the red-ring one, and the second being one that fixed that error. Plus if you didn't know, you can actually treat the red ring if you do it correctly. This means it won't red-ring because you successfully cooled it. Yes I missed it at first and I thank you for fully explaining it to me, however in truth in the end the whole red-ring thing is over-rated. There are many ways to fix this and in reality it CAN be handled with ease if you know what you're doing.

___________________
PS3 or Xbox360? - Page 2 Elsword___add_kim_by_maryah99-d7bpa7s

"Playing hero gets you nowhere if you aren't ready to act."

Kingdom Hearts RPG Moderator
Resident Asshole
Hikari
Hikari

Post Count : 3071

Back to top Go down

PS3 or Xbox360? - Page 2 Empty Re: PS3 or Xbox360?

Post by ReinaKaitlynn on August 17th 2012, 10:37 pm

The PS3 had a similar issue, known as the ylod, which was far less common. The same rules apply to them both in this debate. That being said, the fact that you have to give a console "special treatment" or "special repair" alone is enough to peeve most average users who are neither tech savy enough, nor willing to part with it for over a month just to get a replacement which, were it built correctly, it wouldn't have needed in the first place. I know and even suffered a ylod myself, but as they were less common, about 2% to.xbox's 40%, I'd say microsoft owes a lot more apology than sony with that defect.
Also, needless to say, this means sony has a more stable unit, far more powerful, and with almost completely superior features. This is still not to say xbox is without appeal, because as mentioned earlier, microsoft has a vastly superior social network and somewhat more powerful servers on which their games run their online portions, which translates to more stable internet play. BUT this is only true for SOME ps3 titles, as (as far as I'm aware) the various video game companies themselves run servers of their own, not sony's. So some are inherently more stable than others, but microsoft (again.correct me if I'm mistaken here, servers are not my forté) monopolizes their servers, which means they're all equally good, but forces companies into servers they might not really want. Either way, the price of a 360, as mentioned before, is another attraction, as they are far cheaper than the PS3 (online service not taken into account). As a conclusion, both have ups and downs, but.as a hardcore gamer that loves power out of her games, I want the best technology, so.PS3 is my choice. Doesn't make it better in.every way, just in.every way that I think counts (to.me). Also please excuse the random periods in.my post, typing from a phone is abysmal enough, let alone having to return to correct them.

___________________
PS3 or Xbox360? - Page 2 Banner10

Reina Kaitlynn Extraviena Dorcha Wolvenheim II, Healer, summoner, and general support Thaumaturge.
ReinaKaitlynn
ReinaKaitlynn

Post Count : 320

Back to top Go down

PS3 or Xbox360? - Page 2 Empty Re: PS3 or Xbox360?

Post by Leo on August 17th 2012, 10:58 pm

One of the advantages I have seen on the Xbox thus far is the updates are sooo much faster on the Xbox. Don't even try to say that it's my Internet connection or my ps3 is just slow, I've owned literally 4 ps3 systems and they were all slow, also both my ps3 and Xbox are wifi so they have the same connectivity. 'splain dat! Lol.

I can't even begin to explain how much better the online aspect of the Xbox is over the ps3. But to each his/her own! Everyone is titled to their opinion on which system they like better.

Just a side note that I just thought about.

___________________
2,201 posts before the site hack
Date Joined: September 3, 2007  https://kingdomhearts.forumotion.net/t6153-leo-s-post-count#55808

140 Max Magic

Founder of the Guardians of Restoration
The Ruthless Guardian of Storms
Leo
Leo

Post Count : 1072

Back to top Go down

PS3 or Xbox360? - Page 2 Empty Re: PS3 or Xbox360?

Post by Hikari on August 18th 2012, 8:52 am

YLod? That's... Odd to say the least. But I suppose they both share one disadvantage on top of their separates and that's nice, not for the gamer playing the old PS3 or old Xbox 360 though to be honest. But though you don't see the true point. If the gamer playing the Xbox 360 really has grown on it they can make their old one reborn on their new one. Now that probably confused you so let me explain.

Xbox has this feature they have that allows people to add profiles to their own Xbox. The profiles inculde everything you earned on them and I'm pretty sure you even still have Xbox Live if you still had your XBL membership. Whether this was meant for the red ring, the Xbox getting lost, or anything really I can see this coming in handy. You'll never truly have to start over. I'm pretty sure PS3 sort of does the same thing but I can only assume that you only get your online profile back rather than everything you lost. This is because all you have to do is simply login to PSN, but I'm pretty sure this means all it's doing is getting your PSN ID back as I said before. Either way the point is that Xbox gamers don't have to treat their system and if they want to play on their old one they can basicully get a new one and still have the same features they had before they got this new system.

___________________
PS3 or Xbox360? - Page 2 Elsword___add_kim_by_maryah99-d7bpa7s

"Playing hero gets you nowhere if you aren't ready to act."

Kingdom Hearts RPG Moderator
Resident Asshole
Hikari
Hikari

Post Count : 3071

Back to top Go down

PS3 or Xbox360? - Page 2 Empty Re: PS3 or Xbox360?

Post by ReinaKaitlynn on August 18th 2012, 12:17 pm

No, sony has a similar built in safety..... it's called keeping your hard drive <_<;
And overall you missed the point of my statement, which was that in spite of having a similar issue sony had far fewer occurrences, which equates to a better design. Their foresight kept the PS3 from succumbing to "heat stroke", likely due to xbox being rushed onto the market.

___________________
PS3 or Xbox360? - Page 2 Banner10

Reina Kaitlynn Extraviena Dorcha Wolvenheim II, Healer, summoner, and general support Thaumaturge.
ReinaKaitlynn
ReinaKaitlynn

Post Count : 320

Back to top Go down

PS3 or Xbox360? - Page 2 Empty Re: PS3 or Xbox360?

Post by Etzolix on August 18th 2012, 12:57 pm

The Xbox also has a harddrive, Reina. Poor counter-argument there.

Also, as Cool already stated there are newer models that resolves that issue.
I would like to at least here some new arguments opposed to same old, "Yeah, but it STILL overheats more, y'know."

___________________



Profile


In this cold reality,
I made this selfish war machine.
Etzolix
Etzolix

Post Count : 10136

Back to top Go down

PS3 or Xbox360? - Page 2 Empty Re: PS3 or Xbox360?

Post by Hikari on August 18th 2012, 1:00 pm

Uhh... Reina. Might wanna check your facts again. I'm not sure, but I think there's been much more different types of PS3 than the Xbox. Of course not counting the ones such as the Assassin's Creed PS3 or the Star Wars Kincet Xbox, since those are basicully the same thing due to each being based off one type instead of creating a whole new kind. Either that or there's an equal amount. But if I am right and PS3 did release more types I'd say it was either rushed slightly more than the Xbox or they just want to introduce the PS3 to a larger audience rather than whatever the previous types were made for. And again, the only type of Xbox 360 that can be red ringed is the arcade edition. That being said it means half of your arguments are based off the past, rather than the present day, which means that there's a possibilty you could be ignoring half of the new technolgy released for newer versions of the system even though your whole argument in general is mainly based off the technolgy of the PS3 being superior than the Xbox's own. I'm not saying you are ignoring it nor could I guarntee you are or are not, but you still might want to focus on the types they have now rather than the ones they had in around the year of 2006. In fact in case you didn't realize the Xbox 360 first launched in November 22, 2005 in Canada. This means the Xbox 360 has been along a bit longer than the PS3 itself. What does this have to do with your argument Cool? Simple. You are giving the Xbox 360's first released branch of the system unfair critizm. Of course the PS3 is more advanced, because it was released a year after the Xbox came out. Of course how long depends on which country you're speaking of, but either way this means that you're giving the Xbox crap even though it didn't have enough technolgy to avoid its own past errors! This means that you're being unfair with your arguments to it!

PS3 or Xbox360? - Page 2 I4r6t5



Btw thanks Etz. Sorry if my post has information already specfied by him. If it does and you want to know why it's because I was making my post before he posted his.

___________________
PS3 or Xbox360? - Page 2 Elsword___add_kim_by_maryah99-d7bpa7s

"Playing hero gets you nowhere if you aren't ready to act."

Kingdom Hearts RPG Moderator
Resident Asshole
Hikari
Hikari

Post Count : 3071

Back to top Go down

PS3 or Xbox360? - Page 2 Empty Re: PS3 or Xbox360?

Post by MorpheusZero on August 18th 2012, 3:26 pm

Leo wrote:
One of the advantages I have seen on the Xbox thus far is the updates are sooo much faster on the Xbox. Don't even try to say that it's my Internet connection or my ps3 is just slow, I've owned literally 4 ps3 systems and they were all slow, also both my ps3 and Xbox are wifi so they have the same connectivity. 'splain dat! Lol.

You just explained to yourself that it was your internet connection. LMAO. And personally KNOWING you I know that you had Frontier Internet which is a 10mbit connection at each location where you owned a PS3 so its the same internet and yes Frontier sucks, you've said this on Facebook a few times! LMAO.

Whereas I have Charter Communications on a 100mbit connection and my PS3 updates takes less than 8 minutes tops while also downloading from my other computers on a wired connection. I can download a 5 GB file in about 20 minutes from my PS3. But it is all relative to your internet connection. Though as a ratio, Xbox probably does download faster from Microsoft's servers, but even so I'd beat you simply because I have the fastest internet connection money can buy for a residential area.

================

@ Etz - I don't need a new argument as it takes me about 4 explanations of the same topic to get Cool to understand the technology. The "red ring" issue that was fixed, was fixed because they removed the red lights. I hve a friend who sold his Xbox slim that overheated and got like $30 for parts for it. It was one of the Modern Warfare special editions or something...I mean it wasn't even a year old. But on the same token, I've heard of that happening on PS3 also.

The thing is, is I have the original 80GB Model PS3 that was released in 2006 and the only thing that has been changed on it is the hard drive was expanded to 640GB. I've had the same system for 6 years no problems and use it every day for a few hours. I can't think of anyone that has kept an Xbox that long with no problems. I'm not saying that you can't. I'm just saying I've yet to hear of someone keeping one in nice working condition for that long personally.

@Cool
Its nice that you should bring up the release dates for the systems. The Xbox was released a year earlier than the PS3 and yet the PS3 has sold more Units at a higher price being released a year later. Just a quick financial fact. Also like I already said, i used the word RED RING and yes its an old term, but it still happens. It doesn't literally RED RING anymore because it was a marketing move by Microsft to remove the red lights from the system completely. But when it breaks, it doesn't actually Red Ring. But you find me someone who still won't refer to it as that other than yourself for pride sake.

And again, I honestly don't have a problem with Xbox and I would buy a used one to not play online with. I just don't appreciate misinformed and uneducated accusations against the hardware and how the machines actually work. I mean obvious you know how to use it. But I'm talking about the history, cultural impacts, and economic variations on the market.

I mean as an analogy, I could compare this debate to something about how Google AndroidOS is 100x better than Apple iOS. But in the end, they are both great software tools and developer platforms, although Android clearly has the most flexibility and more to offer feature-wise.

It boils down to the fact that you prefer what you prefer, whether you know WHY or not. In this case, some of you know what you are talking about, and some of you have no clue wtf and are arguing for the sake of being a part of the conversation with no rationality behind your words.

Although I have loved this fun little social yet friendly debate, I'm [exiting] the topic as this is one such argument that has been debated since 2006 and will never be one by either party no matter how hard you present facts. So in the end, the only victor is who has the most money. Playstation has sold the most consoles, but because Sony is lagging in every other area of their corporation (laptops, computers, TVs, stereo systems, software, etc) they are reporting huge million dollar losses the past 3 years in a row. Microsoft, while not selling as many Xboxs as sony sold playstations, has other things such as Windows, Yahoo, BING and many other business ventures that makes them so much more richer than Sony Execs.

So go figure.


___________________
PS3 or Xbox360? - Page 2 Kh_sigg223_zps154faa74
MorpheusZero
MorpheusZero

Post Count : 1824

http://www.snsclan.com/

Back to top Go down

PS3 or Xbox360? - Page 2 Empty Re: PS3 or Xbox360?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum