» Marionette
PS3 or Xbox360? EmptyDecember 2nd 2018, 2:31 pm by +/-

» suck on my magnum dong
PS3 or Xbox360? EmptyOctober 18th 2018, 9:25 pm by Gemini

» It's my birthday.
PS3 or Xbox360? EmptyOctober 4th 2018, 8:20 pm by Gemini

» EW
PS3 or Xbox360? EmptySeptember 9th 2018, 3:53 am by Gemini

» What are Your Current Plans for Your Character?
PS3 or Xbox360? EmptyFebruary 11th 2018, 7:33 pm by Chastelle

Statistics
We have 3557 registered users
The newest registered user is Shirou Seeker of Duckness

Our users have posted a total of 143994 messages in 12544 subjects

PS3 or Xbox360?

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

PS3 or Xbox360? Empty PS3 or Xbox360?

Post by Altair on August 13th 2012, 8:37 am

I bought my first ps3 when I was about 17 and loved it, being a Sony fan since my younger years of original playstation followed by the 2nd generation console. Online play was free, built in wifi, and tons of titles to choose from with rather good graphics.

A couple weeks ago I finally joined the dark side and got my first xbox 360 and so far it hasn't been a let down. Graphics are very compatible with playstation's and there are a few more titles that are exclusive to xbox. While online play comes at a price, it's quite worth it.

Just wanted to see your views of the two consoles. Which one do yall think is better? And Why?

Original join date: 2007
Original Character: Leo
Altair
Altair

Back to top Go down

PS3 or Xbox360? Empty Re: PS3 or Xbox360?

Post by Etzolix on August 13th 2012, 9:13 am

The follow video does not represent the opinions of the staff of the KH site and should not be taken as such.
Nor does it reflect my personal opinion on either system.

In this cold reality,
I made this selfish war machine.
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Altair on August 13th 2012, 10:21 am

That was a nice video. I still like playstation, but I haven't turned it on since I got my 360. I'm fine with either title, but normally it's like Alabama and Auburn fans, you either love one and hate the other and that's it.

Altair
Altair

Back to top Go down

Post by ReinaKaitlynn on August 13th 2012, 12:57 pm

Alabama and auburn you say?.... Sounds like you live near me....
I'll play either, but I personally prefer PS3
The systems have different ideals in mind as well... Sony's focus is to provide powerful high spec gaming at comparatively high cost, whereas microsoft's xbox is focused predominantly on the social aspect of gaming. And even though it's multiplayer functions cost money on top of the already expensive console, it's worth it for anyone who seeks to play with friends. That all being said my preference for the PS3 is because I like the exclusives, and high spec gaming as a whole. Even my PC is updated regularly now (Not software, I get a new one or a better chipset). I could go on for days about exact nitpicking I have between the two, but I'll leave that to the rest who contribute here.... honestly I only replied because I saw Alabama and wanted to make my one line statement while contributing as well.

Reina Kaitlynn Extraviena Dorcha Wolvenheim II, Healer, summoner, and general support Thaumaturge.
ReinaKaitlynn
ReinaKaitlynn

Back to top Go down

Post by Altair on August 13th 2012, 1:09 pm

Well you bring very valid points to the table. That's why I would have a hard time picking between the two. I still enjoy the ps3, but have been very impressed with the xbox. I used to hate even the idea of trying out a microsoft product in a gaming console, but actually giving the xbox a chance it has changed my perspective a bit. I would not want the xbox as my only console, yet it is a nice alternative.

Also , yes i live in L.A. (Lower Alabama) haha.

@Etz: wow...very nice bro man!

Altair
Altair

Back to top Go down

Post by Hikari on August 13th 2012, 2:54 pm

Leo... You monster. You just posted something that has torn countless gamers apart, someday I will bring us gamers back together and unite us once more. But until that day I must spread my opinon. When I got my first system other than the Wii, it was a PS3. I fell in love with it quickly and mainly wasted my time on COD (Which I now hate for the most part.) and LBP. Soon when playing LBP I stumbled across a level where you chose the system you like more... You would choose which system you like the most. If you chose the PS3 the Xbox would blow up and you'd be greeted by the last point of the level where you would beat it... But if you chose the Xbox you'd go to a pit of spikes where you'd die and would be greeted by the creator flaming the bull crap out of you. I chose the PS3 and decided to be a fanboy like everyone else but one Christmas I got an Xbox 360. I had preordered Halo Reach: Legendary Edition, despite liking the PS3 more... As I played the Xbox I soon lost my fanboy ways of most PS3 gamers and just became neutral. One of my family members however told me of the red ring, in which I went back to liking the PS3 more... But soon I saw the light.

Now I don't prefer either system. Both are equal in my opinon and I personally think that anybody who goes to the point where they'd yell at people because their opinons are different are idiots... Luckily that's not the case here. Anywho I digress. And yes I had to go into a boring story to explain this all even though I probably screwed up like half it, but again I digress.

Oh yeah and you're not really a monster Altair, don't take it personal.

"Playing hero gets you nowhere if you aren't ready to act."

Kingdom Hearts RPG Moderator
Resident Asshole
Hikari
Hikari

Back to top Go down

Post by Altair on August 13th 2012, 3:52 pm

haha quite an epic tale my friend. All is well, I've been known to go into beast mode on the occassion ;)

I'm with you though. Both systems have their advantages and disadvantages and both have their well made exclusive titles with very comparable graphics.

Altair
Altair

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystic on August 13th 2012, 9:16 pm

Now, here's a video that fits this topic somehow.

Other than that, I dont have a PS3, so I don't really have an opinion. I guess I'd prefer the Xbox then, since i do have that.

[21:03:10] Cool : Saix and I have something in common
[21:03:18] Saix : Boobs?
[21:03:42] Cool : Yes, boobs

Mystic's Theme: It Doesn't Matter ~His World Remix~
Mystic's Elements: Light, Cure, Darkness, Thunder

PS3 or Xbox360? Bounce10
Mystic
Mystic

http://shugochara.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Altair on August 13th 2012, 10:11 pm

Tht was amazing! Made my night even.

Altair
Altair

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander on August 13th 2012, 11:13 pm

Pff.

Its all about the Wii You. We've always wanted a DS to made into a Home Console. Now, the dream has been realized! Introducing, the Nintendo Wii You!

Have you ever wanted to hold a TV in your hands? And then press buttons on that little TV? And did you want the buttons to affect the action on the larger TV?

Wii too!

That's why wii made the Wii You 4 U!

Admittedly, I'm not sure if I'm trolling. I'm too tired to know what I'm even saying.

I like my PS3 better, mainly because though I have many fond memories of my Xbox, I have just as many fond memories of the other six that proceeded it while all my fond memories of my PS3 stay with that one PS3.

Seven 360s. Within one year and five months. This is not a joke.

Alexander

Back to top Go down

Post by Altair on August 13th 2012, 11:21 pm

You are rough on a console or you got jipped.

As far as a handheld console I would say the PlayStation vita takes the gold.

Altair
Altair

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander on August 14th 2012, 5:57 am

Just want to make an addendum: all the 360s were bought new.

Yep.

Alexander

Back to top Go down

Post by Yukina Tarka on August 14th 2012, 6:03 am

That is a lot of 360s how does that even happen?
Did you pee on them???

(also i have only ever played a ps3 so i don't really know, but i liked the ps3 so ya)
Yukina Tarka
Yukina Tarka

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade on August 14th 2012, 8:26 am

I think both are neat. Hehe =)

I don't own them though I only played my brothers =x

Jade

Back to top Go down

Post by Hikari on August 14th 2012, 2:21 pm

Alexander wrote:Pff.

Its all about the Wii You. We've always wanted a DS to made into a Home Console. Now, the dream has been realized! Introducing, the Nintendo Wii You!

Don't get too cocky Star Fox! See what I did there? Star Fox 64 being a Wii Ware title and Star Fox 3DS for the 3D, each by Nintendo who are making Wii U... Get it, huh you get it? *pokes* Okay I'll shut up. Anywho you can't compare the Wii to something like Xbox or PS3. Wii has motion controls, Xbox 360 and PS3 just created a new feature that rips off Wii's motion controls rather than base their whole systems off it... PS3 more than Xbox as it has a stick.

A Quote wrote:

YOU CAN'T SHAKE A STICK!!! THAT WAS INVENTED BY NINTENDO AND YOU'RE RIPPING OFF THEM BECAUSE YOU'RE UNORIGNIAL AND YOU KNOW THAT YOU SUCK AND URGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you thought that's what I meant than no, just to point out that so I don't sound like an idiot. I know the two motion systems are different and really don't care if Xbox or PS3 is "ripping" off Wii, I'm fine with any system using motion controls for some/all of their games... But Wii does it better than anybody else which is why I disagree Alex. Wii U from the looks of it is basicully a Wii and a DS mixed together. Since I already have a Wii and may get a 3DS in the future, either way I have a DSI so there's really no point in buying a Wii U for me. Not to say the Wii U is bad of course, I mean Nintendo devolped it... What more explanation do you need?

As for the handhelds I disagree Altair. I heard on the CB that PS Vitas had an error where they would just shut down... Some got their own to work again, but others weren't so lucky. Since I've only heard this though I don't know for myself, but I'm staying away from the Vitas for a while.

"Playing hero gets you nowhere if you aren't ready to act."

Kingdom Hearts RPG Moderator
Resident Asshole
Hikari
Hikari

Back to top Go down

Post by Yima on August 14th 2012, 3:38 pm

I still like the PS2 and nintendo wii but I don't have a ps3 and my 360 was gifted to me so that s about where I stand on effort to go get one of these consoles while I have a pc. Oh and I do not pay for xbox live.

"There is a fine line between genius and insanity; I use it as a jumping rope"

Feel free to send me any feedback you have about site and or ideas.  ^_^

If you have a topic that you want to discus at length to improve the site please do so in the suggestion section so we can all be a part and move forward from there together.

An Amv I Like
Yima
Yima

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashlyn Carr on August 14th 2012, 4:10 pm

I've been loyal to Sony since I was eight.

I still have my PSOne, two PS2's, PSP, and my PS3 is a first gen. Can still play all my PS2 games on it, so I'm a happy camper.

Even my laptop is a Sony. And, I have my eye on that Vita.

I picked up an Xbox controller and had no idea what the hell I was doing with it, lol. I don't game hardcore, but when I do game, I only use Playstation or my PC. I haven't really had that inclination to go out and buy an Xbox cause I absolutely needed it.

MP: 40
Ashlyn Carr
Ashlyn Carr

https://www.facebook.com/aylin.reikasu

Back to top Go down

Post by Koten on August 14th 2012, 6:16 pm

PS3 for me.I may play xbox more but that is because we have more games for due to my brother always getting the new games on 360.Why buy the same game for both when you already have it?.I still think PS3 is a great system and I am a fan of Sony because of all that they did for me in my childhood,PS3 all the way.
Koten
Koten

Back to top Go down

Post by Altair on August 14th 2012, 6:26 pm

Seems like everyone is set one one system or the other.

My views on the wii is that it's fun for children or for possibly small parties. It that's about it. The hay day for Nintendo is in the past I am sad to say. Gaming on the wii just isn't feasible when you have hard core systems like the Xbox ps3.

Last edited by Altair on August 15th 2012, 7:31 am; edited 1 time in total

Altair
Altair

Back to top Go down

Post by Etzolix on August 14th 2012, 10:11 pm

I own both and hardly play either.
I'm not a gamer in the slightest which I suppose is odd to say considering this is an RPG site based on a videogame.
If I could I actually would just watch the cutscenes spliced into a movie like I did for BBS for the other KH games instead of actually playing them since I only really play for the story.

Long story short: I'm indifferent.

In this cold reality,
I made this selfish war machine.
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by ReinaKaitlynn on August 15th 2012, 10:14 am

Many valid arguments and points there, although given that there are many exclusives that even the PC has no access to (Such as kingdom hearts) even you will need one there smit ;P
That being said, I agree that a well built PC bests all of that, but given that this topic was titled "PS3 or 360" not "PC vs PS3 vs 360 vs Wii/Wii you" I had omitted the mention in my first post.
On a side note, I have had 2 PS3s, one of which ylod'd on me, which is kind of annoying, but I suppose it's gotta be better than the track record of the 360....

Reina Kaitlynn Extraviena Dorcha Wolvenheim II, Healer, summoner, and general support Thaumaturge.
ReinaKaitlynn
ReinaKaitlynn

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Paleo Ansem on August 15th 2012, 10:36 am

Stay on topic or this will be locked.

Paleo Ansem

Back to top Go down

Post by ReinaKaitlynn on August 15th 2012, 11:00 am

Technically that was on topic there ansem >_>
In any case, the PS3 as a console also has superior specs to 360 as far as hardware too, not just software, although as I mentioned before, the PS3's social network is comparatively lacking. If they fix that, I will personally see no more reason to play on an Xbox any further. Even their heaviest hitting exclusive, halo, is moving to be both consoles...

ReinaKaitlynn
ReinaKaitlynn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum