» Marionette
Level Groups EmptyDecember 2nd 2018, 2:31 pm by +/-

» suck on my magnum dong
Level Groups EmptyOctober 18th 2018, 9:25 pm by Gemini

» It's my birthday.
Level Groups EmptyOctober 4th 2018, 8:20 pm by Gemini

» EW
Level Groups EmptySeptember 9th 2018, 3:53 am by Gemini

» What are Your Current Plans for Your Character?
Level Groups EmptyFebruary 11th 2018, 7:33 pm by Chastelle

Statistics
We have 3557 registered users
The newest registered user is Shirou Seeker of Duckness

Our users have posted a total of 143994 messages in 12544 subjects

Level Groups

Go down

Level Groups Empty Level Groups

Post by Black Knight on July 26th 2012, 6:19 pm

Well just to clarify I know how sometimes fight topics can end up being full of arguments at times over such things as how much stronger is a person to who ever and so forth. Well I figure something like this might help, worked well for where I used it and figure maybe you like a look at it as well.

The Italicized and Bold parts is what I had down on my place, just to give an example of how it was used in where I used it. Obviously it would have to be adapted to work here but you never know...it would at least help lower the chances of someone who is obviously much weaker than another from dodging nearly all the time and getting away with it.

Just a suggestion though of course.

This is used to help show how much of a power difference there is between members. Now if a level 10 guy fights a level 15 they got a chance, fight a level 25 though and you are in for a rough ride. Level 35 and over.....well that noob is going to get their butt kicked.

Simply put, if the person is 2 or more level groups over you. RUN or get some buddies to help you fight that person, yes friends do increase your chance to win a fight. but don't expect any number level 10 people to be able to take a level 50. That will get you all killed, don't be stupid people.

More than 100---> Lvl group 10

More than 150---> Lvl group 15

More than 250---> Lvl group 25

More than 300---> Lvl group 30

More than 350---> Lvl group 35

More than 400---> Lvl group 40

More than 500---> Lvl group 50

More than 600---> Lvl group 60

More than 700---> Lvl group 70

More than 850---> Lvl group 85

More than 1000---> Lvl group 100

More than 1500---> Lvl group 150

More than 2000---> Lvl group 200

More than 2500---> Lvl group 250

More than 3000----> Lvl group 300

IF we ever have more post than 3000 *highly unlikely* I will add onto the the list.

Important note if ANYONE picks on the lower level members, I will rip you a new one. If anyone thinks they are being picked on or hunted, please PM me or any of my mods or admins about it. But you must give the link to the topic/s you are being picked on in the PM.

Also we are only going to keep up with level GROUPS, you only need to put down if you are in level group. So don't start going on about being level 11 or level 22 or anything like that.

Partner char's MP 40

Old post count: 566

A Vigilant Defender of the Guardians of Restoration

Level Groups Jugger10
Black Knight
Black Knight

Back to top Go down

Level Groups Empty Re: Level Groups

Post by Paleo Ansem on July 26th 2012, 6:22 pm

uhhhhh..........................

ummmm

i have no clue?

Paleo Ansem

Back to top Go down

Post by Azmot on July 26th 2012, 6:25 pm

No, the site works via actual IC experience, not post count. Please remove this, or edit it to contain no information. There will be no levels whatsoever. It is simply about how many fights your character has been IC.
Azmot
Azmot

Back to top Go down

Post by Hikari on July 26th 2012, 6:41 pm

In my opinon... No. And not to be rude but I've seen this before on another site called Clashing of Worlds, in fact it's almost the exact same thing. Not that that's a problem but it seems a bit pointless, let me explain. If post counts equal power than someone with a high post count is pretty powerful... However on this site if post counts do equal power we pretty much have powerful people without level groups, due to having mana and limits to how much spells/summons/etcs you can have, the limits of course being how high your post count is.

Plus this would just make people with high post counts even more powerful, it'd make any new member or a member who went inactive for a while so weak they wouldn't stand a chance aganist anybody else.

"Playing hero gets you nowhere if you aren't ready to act."

Kingdom Hearts RPG Moderator
Resident Asshole
Hikari
Hikari

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayna on July 26th 2012, 6:47 pm

To be honest, this idea could make it much easier to compare users, and I've wondered many times where my character ranks in the scheme of things, but... No. We already have to tell people not to spam posts in order to gain a higher MP count. What're we going to do if posting also determines your strength? Not a good idea. Let's just keep whatever's broken and not fix it.

—————————
————————————  
——————————  
—————————

[11:11:32 PM] Biscuits : All we are is Ducks in the WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNND

[16:48:07] * Gene falls asleep in the punch bowl
[16:48:50] Xemnas : ...why...are you in the punch bowl?
[16:49:18] Rayna : Because he likes it in there. Don't tap on the glass, he hates that.

[ Max magic : 60 MP | Cure / Light / Sound | Post count : 317 > current | Profile ]
Rayna
Rayna

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Knight on July 26th 2012, 6:49 pm

Umm well that sounded a bit rude Azmot, it was merely a suggestion nothing more. Sorry if you hate it so much it just was quite useful where I seen it been used, and while I respect your choice on not liking this I'm not editing the topic or deleting it.

I have the right to give a suggestion when it isn't vulgar, trying to intentionally start arguments, or racist in the slightest.

As for post thing true enough I had to start up a point system to keep things from getting out of hand as it was the only way to keep people from getting a bunch of post by posting over and over in OOC areas and so forth. Oh well -shrugs.-

-FYI yes it looks like Clashing of Worlds's cause that is my site, I copied it off there since it was mine to share. Sorry to hear it was considered useless by you Cool =\-

Partner char's MP 40

Old post count: 566

A Vigilant Defender of the Guardians of Restoration

Level Groups Jugger10
Black Knight
Black Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayna on July 26th 2012, 6:51 pm

It's a good idea, though. Thanks for sharing it, at least.

—————————
————————————  
——————————  
—————————

[11:11:32 PM] Biscuits : All we are is Ducks in the WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNND

[16:48:07] * Gene falls asleep in the punch bowl
[16:48:50] Xemnas : ...why...are you in the punch bowl?
[16:49:18] Rayna : Because he likes it in there. Don't tap on the glass, he hates that.

[ Max magic : 60 MP | Cure / Light / Sound | Post count : 317 > current | Profile ]
Rayna
Rayna

Back to top Go down

Post by Hikari on July 26th 2012, 7:12 pm

Black Knight wrote:-FYI yes it looks like Clashing of Worlds's cause that is my site, I copied it off there since it was mine to share. Sorry to hear it was considered useless by you Cool =\-

No, no, no. You misunderstood me. It's a good idea, though here it would be useless. Over there it's pretty awesome and could probably fit into some other sites, but here there's a possibilty it'd be a bit pointless.

"Playing hero gets you nowhere if you aren't ready to act."

Kingdom Hearts RPG Moderator
Resident Asshole
Hikari
Hikari

Back to top Go down

Post by Yima on July 26th 2012, 9:59 pm

This site has never and hopefully will never adopt a numerical scaling system based on post count or a solidified basis for people to measure their proverbial dicks to smack each other around with. Even if you don't intend that sort of reaction from a user base it is going to happen irregardless of best intentions; a person is not powerful based on abilities or mp gained either those are just nice; a wizard could have ages to build a powerful mp pool but if he has never been in fights how would he know best to apply them to real world situations. Essentially the deliberate point is to not have a system as described above where a person learns to gauge themselves on the environment around them (environment being the site and other members staff included). Oh and if you don't enjoy rping with someone don't.

"There is a fine line between genius and insanity; I use it as a jumping rope"

Feel free to send me any feedback you have about site and or ideas.  ^_^

If you have a topic that you want to discus at length to improve the site please do so in the suggestion section so we can all be a part and move forward from there together.

An Amv I Like
Yima
Yima

Back to top Go down

Post by Paleo Ansem on July 26th 2012, 10:05 pm

In other lighter terms of my good comrade in approving. No, sorry but not how we operate seeing no more further use for this locking.

Paleo Ansem

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum