Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
suck on my magnum dongOctober 18th 2018, 9:25 pmGemini
It's my birthday.October 4th 2018, 8:20 pmGemini
EWSeptember 9th 2018, 3:53 amGemini
Statistics
We have 3557 registered usersThe newest registered user is Shirou Seeker of DucknessOur users have posted a total of 143985 messagesin 12543 subjects

Go down
Shirou

SUPERvillians

on October 31st 2011, 5:21 pm
So, tomorrow is November and the beginning of National Novel Writing Month. For my novel idea, I decided to write about a superhero. Of course, this means that for a superhero to be successful, he must have some supervillians. This is where I need some ideas flowing.

If you have any ideas for a supervillian, please post them in here. Preferably no obvious rip offs. It would be a great help.

[23:25:24] Zihark joined the chat on 10/17/2011, 11:25 pm
[23:27:16] Zihark : I SUSCEDE SHIROU VELOX, YOUR IDEA WAS BETTER

[02:13:16] Etzolix : YOU WON'T
[02:13:18] Etzolix : I GOT YIMA ON A LEASH

[1:41:03 AM] "Ansem": I only have
[1:41:09 AM] "Ansem": 500 munny
[1:41:20 AM] "Ansem": ....IMA WELFARE PIMP

Azmot

Re: SUPERvillians

on October 31st 2011, 5:25 pm
Perhaps one that sucks the life out of someone? A psychotic shapeshifter that has multiple personality disorder? A drug-addicted speedster?
ReinaKaitlynn

on October 31st 2011, 7:28 pm
Remember that a good story, is a believable one. Even if it has some extraordinary rules or inexplicable powers, people will always be people. The best villains, imo of course, are ones who aren't really villainous at all, or at least don't think they are. As far as actual powers go, perhaps fading to and from another, parallel, dimension to get into.banks or some such. Or perhaps the ability to posess any creature's body. Really the possibilitys are limited only to thine imagination.

Reina Kaitlynn Extraviena Dorcha Wolvenheim II, Healer, summoner, and general support Thaumaturge.
Zihark

on October 31st 2011, 11:15 pm
Might I suggest a Villan that is the exact same as the superhero, except he plays for the other side. The side that, with deep thought, the readers would realize isn't that evil, they are in fact the lesser of two evils, while fighting the greater evil. That might be a rip off. Not sure.

+100 posts
ReinaKaitlynn

on November 1st 2011, 1:36 am
Actually there was an interesting idea I had that with some skillful writing you could make use of. A villain who can literally make anything happen, but doesn't get to decide what that anything is. Literally power over randomness.

Reina Kaitlynn Extraviena Dorcha Wolvenheim II, Healer, summoner, and general support Thaumaturge.
Shirou

on November 1st 2011, 7:38 am
So is he a villian because of the random things? Or does he somehow use his randomness to his advantage?

[23:25:24] Zihark joined the chat on 10/17/2011, 11:25 pm
[23:27:16] Zihark : I SUSCEDE SHIROU VELOX, YOUR IDEA WAS BETTER

[02:13:16] Etzolix : YOU WON'T
[02:13:18] Etzolix : I GOT YIMA ON A LEASH

[1:41:03 AM] "Ansem": I only have
[1:41:09 AM] "Ansem": 500 munny
[1:41:20 AM] "Ansem": ....IMA WELFARE PIMP

Trent

on November 1st 2011, 8:04 am
I usually like villains who are aware of what they're doing, who know every inch of evil they've done but they're human at the same time, not some monster.  They go against their principles not because they want to but because they have to. They feel guilt for what they do, any person they kill or every deed they've done.  But this is life, in some cases you need to do these things to survive or else you are eaten by the dogs. I'm not too sure about powers, something tragic would be cool. Maybe go with the Rogue life-sucking-thing or something he can't really control like stated above. 

It really depends on how the hero is like though.

Mp: 60 (Darkness, Wind, Fire)
Theon's MP: 30 (Light, Cure, Earth)
Etzolix

on November 1st 2011, 5:14 pm
Protagonist and Antagonist have the same goal to accomplish but different means of getting there.
It'll make readers split between the two if written well and won't make the villain seem so bad if you're going for the real people thing.

If you're going for pure evil make it so that the most evil thing would how he manipulates people to get his objectives complete opposed to just his powers being the source of why he's evil.

A Superman who plays for the other side (not like Bizzaro just literally Superman but doing things for self gain) wouldn't be as intimidating as a Batman who plays for the other side (as people themselves not their powers).

In this cold reality,
I made this selfish war machine.
Hikari

on November 1st 2011, 6:17 pm
The best type of villians aren't the badass ones. They are the masters. Let's face it, do you ever see one of the villians as lone wolves? As the ones who kick their own team mates ass. Hell naw! You see the masters of an evil army of squad as one. Even if he won't own a squad he'll still be the one who fights in more of a passive style instead of an aggresive.

I can give you about a thousand characters that one of you must know as more of a dark lord type than a lone wolf.

Darth Vader, Bloody Mary, Hades, Xemnas (Expect when fighting him), Ansem, Maleficent, and any others you can think of. Which is why I'd suggest one of those ultimate power villians. Think of it. The ones who seem unstoppable. The ones who if they flick their fingers every living thing around them falls to the ground. The ones who can reach into your thoughts.

The ones who will be the biggest part of this story. The villian can either be either the exact same as the hero or the very thing that drives the hero into a complete hell. If you go with this suggestion just choose which one you want. Or the most popular choice out of all the posts.

"Playing hero gets you nowhere if you aren't ready to act."

Kingdom Hearts RPG Moderator
Resident Asshole
Kenos

on November 1st 2011, 7:34 pm
How about a villain who thinks (s)he's the hero? Someone who's doing all the wrong things for the right reasons. Something similar to Etzolix's idea.

As for the superpowers...it doesn't necessarily have to be an "evil" power, right? I mean, powers we think of as "evil" can be used for good, and vice versa. Assuming there's a "good" and "bad" side, of course. You could do something where there's no evident/obvious good and evil, but just two groups with different goals or same goals with different means. Or even something where the main character is fighting for what he believes is good, but it turns out he was on the force of evil all along.

Sorry, I'm getting off track. How about the power to see inside someone's soul? You could expand a lot off of that, with manipulation, influence, and whatnot.