» Marionette
Missions: A suggestion.  EmptyDecember 2nd 2018, 2:31 pm by +/-

» suck on my magnum dong
Missions: A suggestion.  EmptyOctober 18th 2018, 9:25 pm by Gemini

» It's my birthday.
Missions: A suggestion.  EmptyOctober 4th 2018, 8:20 pm by Gemini

» EW
Missions: A suggestion.  EmptySeptember 9th 2018, 3:53 am by Gemini

» What are Your Current Plans for Your Character?
Missions: A suggestion.  EmptyFebruary 11th 2018, 7:33 pm by Chastelle

Statistics
We have 3557 registered users
The newest registered user is Shirou Seeker of Duckness

Our users have posted a total of 143994 messages in 12544 subjects

Missions: A suggestion.

Go down

Missions: A suggestion.  Empty Missions: A suggestion.

Post by Trent on October 2nd 2011, 11:08 pm

Okay, if this sounds stupid its because i'm really tired and it's one of those seems like a good idea at the time things. I may delete this in the morning, so yeah.

--

Missions.

The site is running dry, september activity or not it we've all known for a very long time that it was dying. Maybe, maybe this suggestion won't solve that problem but eh.. Worth a shot right?

Missions are quite under used here, most missions rely on a simple basis (destroy heartless etc. ) but they have a rather big potential from what I've seen on most sites. Heck they are quite popular and have a lot of interesting plots and stuff to go along with it. Which is why I choose to want to expand this function. It doesn't have to be expanded right away but over time perhaps.

First thing we should take off World Leaders only. This I've always seen as pointless, why should the blue people have all the fun? I understand though that missions could be dangerous to those worlds if they involve destroying and stuff like that or even carrying out spy work. Perhaps we let World Leaders approve of missions happening in their own world?

Another thing: Sub plots. Missions Outline what is to happen in the rp, why not use them for our own subplots too? I've seen subplots go wild in an rp, with Gods and Goddesses doing weird stuff, mary sue tendencies and terms I've never even heard of. Why not just outline them so the rpers know exactly what's going on? It doesn't have to be in all sub plot topics though just perhaps the really big ones.

NPCs is another thing, in missions you are able to NPC a charrie or heartless or whatever. There should be a section in it to show just how strong they are and stuff like that, if its standard enemies sure but if there is a boss NPC then it could turn messy, staff should approve of how these characters should be handled and such.

So yeah thats it. Sleep time~

Mp: 60 (Darkness, Wind, Fire)
Theon's MP: 30 (Light, Cure, Earth)
Trent

Back to top Go down

Missions: A suggestion.  Empty Re: Missions: A suggestion.

Post by Mystic on October 3rd 2011, 9:08 am

We already have a missions section, y'know?

[21:03:10] Cool : Saix and I have something in common
[21:03:18] Saix : Boobs?
[21:03:42] Cool : Yes, boobs

Mystic's Theme: It Doesn't Matter ~His World Remix~
Mystic's Elements: Light, Cure, Darkness, Thunder

Missions: A suggestion.  Bounce10
Mystic
Mystic

http://shugochara.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Trent on October 3rd 2011, 10:07 am

No, really?

Im suggesting to fix rules in it.

Trent

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Azmot on October 3rd 2011, 7:58 pm

I agree. I'm all in for an actual Plot for the site. We don't need to really ask Cloaks permission, though, unless you want to do more than categorize the missions and NPC's and such. And the World Leaders Approved thing... Why would anyone approve of you spying on their own world? I understand what you are saying, though, and it is in all fair interest to lessen the restrictions; even though normal people CAN enlist missions, they cannot enlist Closed ones, which are the ones with goodies.
Azmot
Azmot

Back to top Go down

Post by Saixor on October 5th 2011, 4:51 pm

I disagree, just because Azmot is on your side.

Otherwise pretty solid.

Sultan of Agrabah
Saixor
Saixor

Back to top Go down

Post by Azmot on October 5th 2011, 5:19 pm

Glad to see your back, Sai-ax-whore. Anyway, are we going to stand around and wait for something to happen or are we gonna discuss this?
Azmot
Azmot

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cloaked One on October 5th 2011, 6:38 pm

Azmot essentially hit all the nails I would have.

1. If a mission involves, say, destroying the world the mission is going to be on, how would they get permission from that leader? And, at that point, the mission could be set to start in one world, where permission is granted, but move to another, where permission wasn't.

2. Using the mission system specifically for the sake of plot is what it was originally intended for. Leaders never seem to use them, for whatever reasons they might have, but the fact remains that they are simply a flourished way of detailing what is going to happen in a topic before the topic is ever posted. Sure, boss creatures require admin permission as is, but there has never been anything stopping anyone from developing plot without missions. I suppose they would help usher it along, but if the world leaders don't use the mission system now, how long before the revised system would get left in the dust?
The Cloaked One
The Cloaked One

Back to top Go down

Post by Hikari on October 7th 2011, 9:54 pm

smitty wits wrote:Cool... Did you even bother reading all of Trent's post? You're supposed to do that before you comment, y'know?

Errr I haven't posted in this topic up untill now.

And anywho I agree with Trent. Why would World Leaders be the only ones able to post missions? People who don't own worlds should atleast be able to post generic missions or at the very least some type of mission that has been limted down to the basics.

As for the part about the NPC's I don't know what you're trying to say. Do you mean to raise or lower the stats of NPCs? For example if there was a Dusk in the mission would you able to change it's stats? Otherwise that wouldn't really make sense.

"Playing hero gets you nowhere if you aren't ready to act."

Kingdom Hearts RPG Moderator
Resident Asshole
Hikari
Hikari

Back to top Go down

Post by Trent on October 13th 2011, 2:20 pm

Hating myself for the long wait for this response, my teachers like to  release a sh*t load of projects/tests on thanksgiving week and I was working on the weekend.  This is written in class so the responces are a bit rushed. 

@Smitty:
I know about activity, this might be a bit of a selfish desire to make missions of my own but at this state why not?

Also the lack of interest could be sparked with the bringing of more subplots. People seem to be more willing to rp if they're involved in something. 

@Azmot:
Catagorization is what I mean exactly for subplots. It would just seem more organized that way and less god modding can happen. On this site we've seen some subplots go out of hand so it could be used to make sure people don't go as crazy in the future. 

Oooh those were not good examples to use. I'm just saying if theres a problem with people starting missions in other peoples worlds then they could approve the missions happening in their own. 

@Cloaked one:

Usually missions are stationary, involving one world. I didn't consider that. If a mission did require two worlds  I guess it would need two different approvals for the both of them. I would have to think about it...

I actually don't really remember the actual mission system.  It's a shame that they changed it to this. It would again depend on the users but it could make it a more popular feature at least and expand activity in it as people can learn how to work with NPCs. 

@Cool:

It's just to provide a guideline to see how powerful a NPC is, it wouldn't count for lesser enemies such as dusks but lets say if there was a boss character in a mission, in the mission template they'll explain how much power they have and such so that theres no confusion during the rp. 

Trent

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down