» Marionette
Steins;gate  EmptyDecember 2nd 2018, 2:31 pm by +/-

» suck on my magnum dong
Steins;gate  EmptyOctober 18th 2018, 9:25 pm by Gemini

» It's my birthday.
Steins;gate  EmptyOctober 4th 2018, 8:20 pm by Gemini

» EW
Steins;gate  EmptySeptember 9th 2018, 3:53 am by Gemini

» What are Your Current Plans for Your Character?
Steins;gate  EmptyFebruary 11th 2018, 7:33 pm by Chastelle

Statistics
We have 3557 registered users
The newest registered user is Shirou Seeker of Duckness

Our users have posted a total of 143994 messages in 12544 subjects

Steins;gate

Go down

Steins;gate  Empty Steins;gate

Post by Etzolix on September 1st 2011, 4:52 pm

POTENTIAL SPOILERS THROUGHOUT THE TOPIC

The manga just came out 2 days ago (there is also an anime that was based on the game which the manga is also based off of).

Has anyone read it/seen the anime/played the game?

I personally think it's an interesting concept and here's a link to anyone who's interested.
http://mangastream.com/read/steins_gate/32433494/1

Please be sure to pay special attention to page 3.

>.> so yeah.

In this cold reality,
I made this selfish war machine.
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Steins;gate  Empty Re: Steins;gate

Post by Azmot on September 1st 2011, 5:37 pm

This sounds very interesting. I have just started studying time travel, and it's freakin' hard to do, not that I can. Anyway, thanks for the suggestion, I hope we can discuss when I actually start reading it.
Azmot
Azmot

Back to top Go down

Post by Etzolix on September 1st 2011, 9:44 pm

Of course man. This actually brings in some concepts that are interesting as well that seem somewhat plausible.

Though we can discuss theories and etc when you've read it and caught up lol.

In this cold reality,
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Azmot on September 2nd 2011, 5:54 pm

I got past chapter one, then, well, I couldn't read after that. To my knowledge of time travel, which is mediocre at most, is that you would have to be going faster than the speed of light to travel "Backwards" Through time, though it may be forward. And to travel forward in time, you must be near the speed of light and create a temporal barrier around yourself, making time traverse slower than outside. That is, I believe, how you travel forward.

Tat said, I believe that he pushed "Send" and was transferred, at a high rate, somewhere else. My theory of time travel, however, is a bit perplex. This is only because it deifies the rules of Reality itself. It is that your whole body is transformed into subatomic particals, which travel At/near the speed of light. I believe that you can, then, choose how fast you move throughout the time vortex.

That said, Is chapter 2 out yet? I'm already really interested in this, and I want to know more. Also, what are your theories?
Azmot
Azmot

Back to top Go down

Post by Saixor on September 2nd 2011, 6:39 pm

Azmot wrote:I got past chapter one, then, well, I couldn't read after that. To my knowledge of time travel, which is mediocre at most, is that you would have to be going faster than the speed of light to travel "Backwards" Through time, though it may be forward. And to travel forward in time, you must be near the speed of light and create a temporal barrier around yourself, making time traverse slower than outside. That is, I believe, how you travel forward.

Tat said, I believe that he pushed "Send" and was transferred, at a high rate, somewhere else. My theory of time travel, however, is a bit perplex. This is only because it deifies the rules of Reality itself. It is that your whole body is transformed into subatomic particals, which travel At/near the speed of light. I believe that you can, then, choose how fast you move throughout the time vortex.

That said, Is chapter 2 out yet? I'm already really interested in this, and I want to know more. Also, what are your theories?

A) Time travel backwards is impossible, even theoretical physicists denounce it

B) Time travel forward is what we're all doing. You can go faster by being near a heavy object (IE a black hole) or by approaching the speed of light (theoretically)

C) No. If your body was broken down into particles, then re-assembled, you'd be dead, in the worst kind of way. Being completely disassembled to a molecular point is just insane.

Sultan of Agrabah
Saixor
Saixor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cloaked One on September 2nd 2011, 7:06 pm

A) It's fiction; laws of science that even the most intelligent scientists in the world have shaky understandings of wouldn't be taken into account when writing it.
The Cloaked One
The Cloaked One

Back to top Go down

Post by Etzolix on September 2nd 2011, 10:38 pm

There's up to twelve chapters as of this post, Az.

Look here:
http://mangastream.com/manga

One you get up to that point check the home page daily (just click the mangastream logo and it'll take you there) so you can see if there's more chapters up.

Spoiler:
Also, they haven't physically transferred their bodies only sent D-mails (text messages to the past) and sent memories to the person. As well as transfer world lines which only the main character can seem to notice while retaining memories of his original world line. Most people can't notice the changes and it's only in the 1% of people where John Titor came from (2036). Uh, so yeah there's also some rules that were presented where such things make them somewhat realistic as realistic as time travel could possibly be despite us not having accomplished such a thing yet.

Uh, yeah.

In this cold reality,
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum