I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Marionette
[Requires everybody's opinion] New System. - Page 3 EmptyDecember 2nd 2018, 2:31 pm by +/-

» suck on my magnum dong
[Requires everybody's opinion] New System. - Page 3 EmptyOctober 18th 2018, 9:25 pm by Gemini

» It's my birthday.
[Requires everybody's opinion] New System. - Page 3 EmptyOctober 4th 2018, 8:20 pm by Gemini

» EW
[Requires everybody's opinion] New System. - Page 3 EmptySeptember 9th 2018, 3:53 am by Gemini

» What are Your Current Plans for Your Character?
[Requires everybody's opinion] New System. - Page 3 EmptyFebruary 11th 2018, 7:33 pm by Chastelle

Statistics
We have 3557 registered users
The newest registered user is Shirou Seeker of Duckness

Our users have posted a total of 143994 messages in 12544 subjects

[Requires everybody's opinion] New System.

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

[Requires everybody's opinion] New System. - Page 3 Empty Re: [Requires everybody's opinion] New System.

Post by Azmot on July 18th 2011, 9:11 pm

I am casting the first vote. I vote for the cloaked one's slot exchange system, though taking it to literally with Hp should not be done. By that, I mean we should have a definition, not a number, for Hp.
Azmot
Azmot

Back to top Go down

[Requires everybody's opinion] New System. - Page 3 Empty Re: [Requires everybody's opinion] New System.

Post by Zihark on July 18th 2011, 9:17 pm

Azmut, the slot idea is a different category entirely.

We're talking about stats as it relates to RP, I don't think it'll be a trial. He'll either start it, or he won't.

[Requires everybody's opinion] New System. - Page 3 ZiSig
+100 posts
Zihark
Zihark

Back to top Go down

Post by Ikara Yukinko on July 18th 2011, 9:28 pm

Bleh, screw the numbers. USE YOUR WORDSS :D

That's what an rp forum is for anyway. Your words. ^^

Cure|Ice|Water|Earth|Wind
Previous Post Count: 2900
Queen of the Pridelands
Ikara's Profile
[Requires everybody's opinion] New System. - Page 3 Banner10
Ikara Yukinko
Ikara Yukinko

Back to top Go down

Post by Demyx IX on July 18th 2011, 9:57 pm

Yea, math would drain alot of the fun out of it... I think we should drop stats entirely, and just use RP experience... Someone who has been in 75 brawls will be stronger than someone like Demyx, who specialized in recon, but Demyx would be stronger magic wise, as he is a mage, keeping the reputation aspect of this site. Also, I do like the slot exchange, and am against an HP system 100%.

Furthermore, don't listen to Ikara, who is currently drunk.

[Requires everybody's opinion] New System. - Page 3 Roy_Mustang_for_Fuhrer_by_Queen_of_the_Losers
Demyx IX
Demyx IX

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirou on July 19th 2011, 12:02 am

Test running the way the system was before, when it relied only on post count with no stats, is kind of pointless. I mean, that's how the site RPed for two-three years. We already know how that worked out. We basically told strength by post count, and there was occasional godmodding in a sense where people thought they were stronger than the opposing side, to the point of being god-like.

But, I do like the idea of test running a system, and it would be more practical to do so with a new system rather than the old one. Considering that we're basically debating on my system vs. Zexion's, I believe we should test run both. While it is good to discuss everything hypothetically, it's still hypothetically. It's best to see if a system works by actually giving it a go.

However, the problem is that my system relies on time and post count, which means that it would probably take a while for it to show results, so maybe by test running it, we simply plan out fights. Everybody gets into a fight, or several fights, using each system. We decided on which system is better by how comfortable each person is using the systems. This also means that we don't have to change anything drastic in the actual RPs going on now more than once.

[23:25:24] Zihark joined the chat on 10/17/2011, 11:25 pm
[23:27:16] Zihark : I SUSCEDE SHIROU VELOX, YOUR IDEA WAS BETTER

[02:13:16] Etzolix : YOU WON'T
[02:13:18] Etzolix : I GOT YIMA ON A LEASH

[1:41:03 AM] "Ansem": I only have
[1:41:09 AM] "Ansem": 500 munny
[1:41:20 AM] "Ansem": ....IMA WELFARE PIMP

Shirou
Shirou

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cloaked One on July 19th 2011, 12:06 am

The problem with giving both system styles a trial basis, however, is the fact that we may end up realizing that both suck, and prefer the way it is now, meaning weeks of effort, planning, fine-tuning, testing, and even RPing, would ultimately be wasted.
The Cloaked One
The Cloaked One

Back to top Go down

Post by Renzenku on July 19th 2011, 12:10 am

But a lesson would have ultimately been learned. For example, a very long approval process which ends with someone not wanting the ability.

'Tis true it sucks, but you learn something from it. Trialing the systems will be much better, even if both sucks, than simply picking one and running with it, or even not picking either and maybe losing out on a better system.

The sudden plunge on the sullen swell, ten fathoms deep on the road to hell.
[Requires everybody's opinion] New System. - Page 3 Renzen10
Renzenku
Renzenku

http://www.destinywars.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirou on July 19th 2011, 12:14 am

What Renz said. Later down the road, we don't want to go pick a system and find out it works. Then everybody would be complaining and you'd be like, "Piss off, you got what you wanted, now deal with it." Then nobody would be happy. This would solve that problem, and it'd be worth it too.

[23:25:24] Zihark joined the chat on 10/17/2011, 11:25 pm
[23:27:16] Zihark : I SUSCEDE SHIROU VELOX, YOUR IDEA WAS BETTER

[02:13:16] Etzolix : YOU WON'T
[02:13:18] Etzolix : I GOT YIMA ON A LEASH

[1:41:03 AM] "Ansem": I only have
[1:41:09 AM] "Ansem": 500 munny
[1:41:20 AM] "Ansem": ....IMA WELFARE PIMP

Shirou
Shirou

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cloaked One on July 19th 2011, 12:20 am

I'm not saying it wouldn't have any benefit, because it most certainly would. I'm simply saying I'm unsure about how willing our members would be to devote multiple weeks of their time towards testing these potentially worthless and soon-to-be-erased systems, because they're the ones who would genuinely suffer from it, no matter what the outcome. It's easy for two or three people to banter back and forth about how useful a trial period would be, but it's difficult for two dozen people to find the time to come up with hundreds of RP posts over the course of a few weeks, or a month.
The Cloaked One
The Cloaked One

Back to top Go down

Post by Etzolix on July 19th 2011, 12:25 am

Well let's see who's willing. Is anyone opposed to it? If so, what are you reasons (if you care to share which you should)?

I'm all for the trial period, personally.

In this cold reality,
I made this selfish war machine.
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Zihark on July 19th 2011, 12:33 am

Exactly like Ren said. Even if we realize this is the best way to do it, we'll have nothing to complain about. A few major RPers left over this, they'll have a reason to return if the realize this system is better. It'll also show the new users who don't like the way, that this way works best. It's like you said Zex, the road to change is paved with obstacles.

Either way, if we want to eliminate stats entirely, I still think we should add the point system. That way off topic posts arent considered for the strength of a user.

[Requires everybody's opinion] New System. - Page 3 ZiSig
+100 posts
Zihark
Zihark

Back to top Go down

Post by Azumi Cho on July 19th 2011, 2:12 pm

*Sigh* I'm having a hard time with this one, everyone. I'll be upfront and honest. I disliked the idea of stats since they first appeared. I'd rather be able to use my words as a weapon completely and totally. So, most of me is saying "Screw the stats". I say this because everyone is different and if there are too many numbers in the way, characters won't be so personal anymore.

On the other hand, I realize that the site does need growth, and the idea of leveling sounds very interesting. My only problem with all of that would be the limited feeling it might have once we start throwing numbers together. To me, the stats are rather constricting. I miss the feeling of freedom that used to be here. Stats also make it a little more difficult for those of us who play more passive roles. The same problem comes along with the leveling. I'm not bashing the dedication idea. I love being dedicated to this site whenever I have the chance, but school is more important. There are days where I can't afford to be on here, or weeks when I am too darn busy to do anything on here. Stats and leveling make it so that someone could misconceive ideas about busy people, saying that they are just noobs because their level is low. Stats actually take away from the newcomer's creativity because they are forced into a working system. I realize that leveling would help in some ways to rectify this, but I think it would be too little too late.

Words can make people realize for themselves just how good we are at what we say we can do. They also give the newer players more of a chance to explore their creativity and be themselves.

As for the slot exchange store, I do like that idea. It gets rid of the stat idea and lets the user choose ultimately what his/her character will be. This opens up a path for extreme creativity and allows players to customize with fewer limits. For example, a warrior type could gain more weapon/armor slots. A mage could have more spell slots, and an enchanter/enchantress could have more enchantment slots. Summoners/Transformers could have more summons/forms. This also leads the way to becoming more unified, as an enchanter could say, enchant items or weapons for the warriors and whatnot. We could place posting restrictions and a cap on the slots and use this as our leveling system instead of using points.

As for trial and error, I'm for it, and I would love to participate, but I may find myself just too busy with school, and I don't like the idea of not having a say in what works well and what doesn't work at all.

Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkFadHyM5UY&feature=related
Satsu's theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2sWWj9RjeQ
Azumi Cho
Azumi Cho

Back to top Go down

Post by Solomon Black on July 19th 2011, 2:18 pm

I am all for a trial run, but I still stick with what I said.

Solomon Max magic: 100
Spells: - Boo  - Death's Reach
- Darkness Will Take Over
- Dark Wight  - Dark Cannon
- Singularity: Class 1 - Paradoxical Action

[00:07:48] Solomon Black : Gimme a sex [00:07:50] Felonix : Omg yes
Renzenku : Solomon, Threat Level: Medium: Reason- Badass.
Solomon Black
Solomon Black

http://destinywars.canadian-forum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Demyx IX on July 20th 2011, 12:25 pm

I, also, would like to erase stats completely, agreeing with Azumi, but if they are absolutely necessary I would be more than willing to partake in the trial for both systems.

[Requires everybody's opinion] New System. - Page 3 Roy_Mustang_for_Fuhrer_by_Queen_of_the_Losers
Demyx IX
Demyx IX

Back to top Go down

Post by Reina_W on August 1st 2011, 9:45 am

Saw the topic.... skimmed it over.... I know it's kind of an old topic now but still... my 2 cents. If this was mentioned before, sorry, didn't thoroughly read every post.
Character growth could be a lot simpler than all of that, while still allowing for endless customization. Basing on the slot exchange system which seems so popular here, we could have it so that every 100 or something posts, you simply "Buy" what you want. To clarify, you can choose to gain a stat point, or a spell slot, or a weapon, or a form etc.... every time you reach a certain number of posts. This shows character growth in power, but it's not constrictive of personal creativity.
If we leave the stats system itself how it is described now, where we can use those numbers as guidelines, rather than actual set in stone numbers, you can still RP effectively. No one is going to argue that the guy with 1 more attack is going to hit harder, even if that stat point is, to a degree, cosmetic. You could cap out anywhere you wanted to set it at, and it wouldn't be as hard to keep track of as some of the previously mentioned systems.
Just an idea, if you don't want to try it I won't be offended.

Max MP: 60
Rahzz MP: 40

Self-proclaimed healer, romanticist, and diaper toter.... And yet I can still do more damage than you.
....Also the spawner of most chatbox shenani jokes, but that's just bad luck..... >_>

[00:53:29] Zihark : He's not he's just there, im sure there are boobs that would

[00:54:06] Zihark : Help you
Reina_W
Reina_W

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3