I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Marionette
[Requires everybody's opinion] New System. EmptyDecember 2nd 2018, 2:31 pm by +/-

» suck on my magnum dong
[Requires everybody's opinion] New System. EmptyOctober 18th 2018, 9:25 pm by Gemini

» It's my birthday.
[Requires everybody's opinion] New System. EmptyOctober 4th 2018, 8:20 pm by Gemini

» EW
[Requires everybody's opinion] New System. EmptySeptember 9th 2018, 3:53 am by Gemini

» What are Your Current Plans for Your Character?
[Requires everybody's opinion] New System. EmptyFebruary 11th 2018, 7:33 pm by Chastelle

Statistics
We have 3557 registered users
The newest registered user is Shirou Seeker of Duckness

Our users have posted a total of 143994 messages in 12544 subjects

[Requires everybody's opinion] New System.

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

[Requires everybody's opinion] New System. Empty [Requires everybody's opinion] New System.

Post by Shirou on July 15th 2011, 11:25 pm

Basically, if we want to get a new system and get away from the current, unchanging one we have, we have to all agree upon the new one. Here's what I have so far:

-An experience system is added, which counts each RP post as one experience point.
-Every 150 points, you get to +1 stat point, which you can add to any of your stats.
-There is a max to your stats, which is 10, which means that you reach a max level at 6750 experience points.
-Through this system, this means that there is a power difference between a newbie and an old member. It isn't as faulty as the post count one we had before, as it only counts posts in RPs. With this system, there is actually a limit, which makes more sense. (Sora has a max level of 100 in the games. Pokemon have a max level of 100 as well. And etc...) This means that while we are able to get stronger, there will be times where we will have to rely on our RP skills as well and so there is no god-like being on the site.

Obviously, if you want to change anything about the system, then post your opinions about it. We'll discuss it and eventually, we'll find a system that everybody can agree upon.

[23:25:24] Zihark joined the chat on 10/17/2011, 11:25 pm
[23:27:16] Zihark : I SUSCEDE SHIROU VELOX, YOUR IDEA WAS BETTER

[02:13:16] Etzolix : YOU WON'T
[02:13:18] Etzolix : I GOT YIMA ON A LEASH

[1:41:03 AM] "Ansem": I only have
[1:41:09 AM] "Ansem": 500 munny
[1:41:20 AM] "Ansem": ....IMA WELFARE PIMP

Shirou
Shirou

Back to top Go down

[Requires everybody's opinion] New System. Empty Re: [Requires everybody's opinion] New System.

Post by The Cloaked One on July 15th 2011, 11:34 pm

I honestly had something completely different in mind, but I'm still glad to see that you've taken the time to conjure up a version of your own.

As a matter of fact, it is demanded that you reply with your thoughts on this topic, as it affects every single one of you. Your opinions are not requested, they are required. If you read this, post something. Do it. Now. No, not the next time you open the thread. Now.
The Cloaked One
The Cloaked One

Back to top Go down

[Requires everybody's opinion] New System. Empty Re: [Requires everybody's opinion] New System.

Post by Hikari on July 15th 2011, 11:35 pm

I'm not sure what to say. I'm fine with either one.

I like the idea of this one though. But I think we should add something to tell apart the older members from the newer members. Like a special element or some kind of group so we wouldn't have to deal with n00bs who could just self PM themselves untill they reach the max number of XP.

Either that or we could mod it so that PM's don't count as apart of post counts.

"Playing hero gets you nowhere if you aren't ready to act."

Kingdom Hearts RPG Moderator
Resident Asshole
Hikari
Hikari

Back to top Go down

Post by Etzolix on July 15th 2011, 11:46 pm

Hm. What about those who had posts from the previous sites?

I personally am fine with the system and don't care if the previous site posts are discarded as it doesn't affect me as much. But say members such as Ikara, or Saixor who had more than just 500 posts on the old site are affected?

Also, I prefer this system to both due to this one showing no growth and the last one being easily abused by bias of the staff members (which we don't have now). Though that's already been mentioned.

tl;dr What happens to old post count not recorded on this site? Though, I'm all for this new system.

In this cold reality,
I made this selfish war machine.
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Zihark on July 15th 2011, 11:49 pm

There is no way to let the system Count Pm's as points.

I like the system. I think the number should be upped to 200. Mostly because some stats are ignored(mainly luck, and on occasion, accuracy) because RPing can get you around them.

The only problem is people spamming 1 liners, but that can easily be monitored or fixed.

Edit to etz: The system let's Admins mod the points. They could go in and add, say half of their old post count into their points.

[Requires everybody's opinion] New System. ZiSig
+100 posts
Zihark
Zihark

Back to top Go down

Post by Hikari on July 16th 2011, 12:03 am

I said nothing about counting PM's as points. Are you even trying to read my posts?

Sorry if I hurt any feelings. I meant to mod the site so pm's do NOT count as posts.

That way someone couldn't just gain 500 posts by just sending themselves one word messages.

Do you know what I'm saying? But anyway I also think the older members with high posts like Saxior or Leo should get something for being loyal to the site. Like an extra 1 point to start off the system.

Resident Asshole
Hikari
Hikari

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cloaked One on July 16th 2011, 12:08 am

Zihark was saying there is no way for PMs to count in the first place, Cool, not that they shouldn't be counted, as if he was disagreeing with something you said. There is no function that lets the site count PMs, even if we wanted it to.
The Cloaked One
The Cloaked One

Back to top Go down

Post by Etzolix on July 16th 2011, 12:11 am

1 point is equivalent to 150 stats points which is equivalent to 150 posts. They both have more than that on the old site though obviously not all of it is from RPing so we have nothing accurate to base how much to apply to this system.

No one should get anything extra, the older members would be getting what they deserve and worked for, though chatroom posts aren't something that count so how do we determine what they worked for (if at all)?

That's the only question I have pertaining to this system whether we count it or leave it behind for older members of the site. Though, I see it fair to give them something out of it obviously not their entire post count but a portion of it.

What portion would be fair though if it's given to them?

In this cold reality,
I made this selfish war machine.
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Yukihime on July 16th 2011, 1:06 am

I'm okay with this idea. Not against it. I feel like it could be improved a bit more but I don't know which parts should be.
I was going to say something else but I completely forgotten it.

https://kingdomhearts.forumotion.net/t4688-yukihime-marini-megurine#42592
Spells currently learning: Cure, light and water.
Mp:30
Yukihime
Yukihime

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Emerald on July 16th 2011, 9:09 am

I'd be fine with that. It actually sounds like quite a good idea. I'd like to hear The Cloaked One's Idea. It was well-thought, and well-planned and I think it's a great idea.

Emerald's Profile

Emerald

Emerald's Theme
Emerald
Emerald

Back to top Go down

Post by Demyx IX on July 16th 2011, 10:15 am

The only think that stands out to me that I don't like is the fact that the only choice you have is to max out all your stats. I think that it should be more customizable. What if someone wanted to devote all their points into a single, or a couple catagories? For example: While the system would be ideal for a character like Sora, who is well rounded, Donald, however, would most likely want to devote more points into magic than regular attack, as Goofy would have a higher defense than he would Magic Attack.

[Requires everybody's opinion] New System. Roy_Mustang_for_Fuhrer_by_Queen_of_the_Losers
Demyx IX
Demyx IX

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Shirou on July 16th 2011, 1:05 pm

The thing about having their stats in their sig is that they can easily change them without anybody noticing. We'd each have to have a specific topic that holds our stats and we have to inform a mod or admin that we added a stat.

Shirou
Shirou

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cloaked One on July 16th 2011, 3:24 pm

As Shirou said, that would be the only infallible way to run the stat points. A new forum could be made titled "Character Statistics", and every member would have their thread created by a staff member, who would then need to be contacted each time additional points were earned and added.

As a side note, since Smitty mentioned something along the lines of it, this system has not yet been said to replace our MP system. However, if we do find an acceptable way to work this out, and use an XP system aligned directly with RP post count, it will extend on to the MP system, and from there, it would extend on to the slot system, as well. That being said, everyone would most likely suffer serious hits on their characters, both in max MP and in, essentially, all their ability categories, which would mean we would have to go back and figure out how many slots every person would then have at that point, and remove any excess abilities they possessed.
The Cloaked One
The Cloaked One

Back to top Go down

Post by Hikari on July 16th 2011, 5:01 pm

I agree with Shi and Cloak. It seems pretty fair.

Resident Asshole
Hikari
Hikari

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirou on July 16th 2011, 9:12 pm

I personally think that the stat points in the magic area should depend on how much MP you have. Like, if you have 1 Magic Attack / 1 Magic Defense, you have 20 MP (1 point = 10 MP). This way, somebody with 1 Magic Attack can't use a 100 MP spell. But that's my opinion. Other than that, I think the slot systems would probably stay the same, except it'd rely on experience points rather than post count. I believe that the figuring out the slot systems won't be very hard.

As for Demyx, Donald and Goofy were never more powerful than Sora, they just excelled in different areas. Donald at his highest would equal Sora in his highest Magical level, while Goofy in his highest would equal Sora's highest defense. So, when you first choose your stats, that determines your over curve until you get up to, oh say, 4000 posts, where then you would have had enough time to master most of the fields.

Shirou
Shirou

Back to top Go down

Post by Demyx IX on July 16th 2011, 9:15 pm

I get it now... And I really like the magic attack-mp thing... I admit that it is because my character is a mage. So yea, I'm good with it all.

[Requires everybody's opinion] New System. Roy_Mustang_for_Fuhrer_by_Queen_of_the_Losers
Demyx IX
Demyx IX

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cloaked One on July 16th 2011, 9:21 pm

The problem with that is the fact that the entire game practically revolves around MP, whether you're a pure mage or a warrior-type who doesn't prefer to use it. The person with ten useful spells, three summons, two forms and two enchantments is always going to win against someone who likes to swing his sword around a lot.

On top of that, it would remove the legitimate, individual significance of both of those stats, but, at the same time, give them an inappropriate amount of significance in comparison to every other stat available, and would be the only values effecting other values, thus making them the most critical to stuff full of points as soon as possible.
The Cloaked One
The Cloaked One

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirou on July 16th 2011, 9:23 pm

Understandable. I knew there were flaws, it was just something I thought of. Nothing I think is substantial enough.

Shirou
Shirou

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cloaked One on July 16th 2011, 9:43 pm

The path to change is paved with obstacles, Shirou. That's why we have topics like this one.

Continue putting input, everyone. Perhaps I'll toss my idea into the pot soon.
The Cloaked One
The Cloaked One

Back to top Go down

Post by Saixor on July 16th 2011, 10:12 pm

Shirou you bastard.

(He made me look at this topic.)

I have no strong opinions any way about it. Regardless of stats, characters who we know are strong are still going to be stronger than noobs, and they'll RP as such.

Stats suck though. We should remove them entirely.

[/unpopular opinion]

Sultan of Agrabah
Saixor
Saixor

Back to top Go down

Post by Trent on July 16th 2011, 11:13 pm

Like Saixor I have not too strong an opinion to say but the main idea is that I agree with this suggestion. It has kinks of course but managable ones which can be worked out. A stat topic for each user sounds good, when a user creates theirs a staff member could lock it so it cant be changed and stuff. I don't want to say that much tonight so that's it.

Mp: 60 (Darkness, Wind, Fire)
Theon's MP: 30 (Light, Cure, Earth)
Trent

Back to top Go down

Post by Renzenku on July 16th 2011, 11:46 pm

I've gotta stick with what Moni and Saix said, I've don't particularly have a strong opinion on this. However, I can see this working, so I'll put in a positive vote for what Shi said.

As for posts from the previous site, Smits proffered 90% of the previous posts would be suitable, I rebute that with a solid 70%. From what I've seen on this site a large chunk of posts are approvals, and random stuff. Not to count OOC posts and the like.

In the end, I've got a positive vote on what Shi said.

The sudden plunge on the sullen swell, ten fathoms deep on the road to hell.
[Requires everybody's opinion] New System. Renzen10
Renzenku
Renzenku

http://www.destinywars.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo on July 17th 2011, 8:14 am

I've gotta say, I would actually like this system. We used it on another RP site that I was a Moderator on and it seemed to work rather well. I see no reason why it wouldn't do well here.

Date Joined: September 3, 2007  https://kingdomhearts.forumotion.net/t6153-leo-s-post-count#55808

140 Max Magic

Founder of the Guardians of Restoration
The Ruthless Guardian of Storms
Leo
Leo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum