» Marionette
World Events EmptyDecember 2nd 2018, 2:31 pm by +/-

» suck on my magnum dong
World Events EmptyOctober 18th 2018, 9:25 pm by Gemini

» It's my birthday.
World Events EmptyOctober 4th 2018, 8:20 pm by Gemini

» EW
World Events EmptySeptember 9th 2018, 3:53 am by Gemini

» What are Your Current Plans for Your Character?
World Events EmptyFebruary 11th 2018, 7:33 pm by Chastelle

Statistics
We have 3557 registered users
The newest registered user is Shirou Seeker of Duckness

Our users have posted a total of 143994 messages in 12544 subjects

World Events

Go down

World Events Empty World Events

Post by Chan Gama on December 23rd 2010, 8:59 pm

Alright the Mission thing was a good start to getting people active, but I think we should have individual World Events that greatly influence a plot for this site and get a lot of people involved. For example we would have a section were people could recommend a event that would happen in a world. But for starters we would need to be able to make the cannon characters who don't have someone rping as them in there world a npc to make this work otherwise this would be extremely repetitive. For the event an very skilled rper would make a NPC account that would read like Halloween Town NPC and be oogie, jack, etc for the event.

For example I could request a world event in Halloween Town where Oogie Boogie is causing chaos in the world. Jack would be missing and there would be several events in the world event that would lead to oogie's defeat or capture.

Like in the first topic you would enter Halloween town and save the citizens from the heartless and then the mayor would explain what was happening and point to you to find zero since he could find jack.

In the second topic the party would go to the graveyard and save zero from some heartless and then he would lead you to sally at the hill were you had to save her in the third topic.

Then sally would explain that a few days ago she had been captured, but jack rescued her, but he couldn't escape in time and was captured.

Then in a fourth topic you would go to oogie's rebuilt manor and go through heartless and death traps to find jack at the mercy of oogie's torture room. You would have to disable the security system, save jack, and escape the manor all in that topic.

Then in the fifth and final topic you would confront Oogie Boogie in a fight that would last at least three pages since he is the major threat of this event. Afterwards you would claim a reward and thats the jist of it. Some can be different, longer, or shorter depending on what you feel like.

RULES:
1. Must have at least three active members in the event
2. All topics except for the boss fight thread in some cases must last at least two whole pages worth of posting and each post must be at least two full paragraphs so it has meaning.
3. Anyone can join at anytime, but you will have to start in the first topic and post in each topic until you caught up to the current event so no one gets left out or detail is skipped.
4. You must have at least 100 Posts to join a event.
5. Only World Leaders may suggest a event and they must be approved by an admin or mod to be officially started
6. Reward will generally be a weapon or armor.
7. If a world event fails meaning the objective of it was not accomplished or it ended because of inactivity the world will go through a change in which enemies appear more often and there is even more difficulty if the event is tried again later.
8. A boss will normally pull out all the stops to defeat you and sometimes they will call upon a set heartless boss for that world to aid them like Oogie Could call the Prision Keeper or Lock, Shock and Barrel
Chan Gama
Chan Gama

Back to top Go down

World Events Empty Re: World Events

Post by Zihark on December 23rd 2010, 9:09 pm

I like the idea of a world event, but te direction your taking it closely resembles Missions, except with a narrowed concept and plot.

World Events ZiSig
+100 posts
Zihark
Zihark

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cloaked One on December 23rd 2010, 9:15 pm

These already happen at the discretion of the staff. Since the "staff" is currently myself and Etzolix, with Roxas so far out of activity, that doesn't exactly leave much time for us to go and create dozens of NPC characters that we would then have to play in order to meet every unintelligible idea from our members, while also being forced to keep up with RPs of our own characters, on top of the NPC characters we would then be forced to keep up with as well.

On top of that, if canon characters are being killed off for all these random, senseless events on the whims of whoever feels like making a "world event", then there would eventually be no canon characters for members to play as, and eventually there would be no canon characters to further use in said "world events", making the entire system obsolete and worthless.
The Cloaked One
The Cloaked One

Back to top Go down

Post by Chan Gama on December 23rd 2010, 9:25 pm

Well when i say defeat i mean defeat not kill meaning there alive but you have saved the day if someone was going to be killed it would be non canon and I understand about the staff shortage, but you only have to make one account like Halloween Town NPC that satisfy's all the needs for npcs for any halloween town world event making it slightly easier
Chan Gama
Chan Gama

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cloaked One on December 23rd 2010, 9:44 pm

.. Not everyone shares your definition of "defeat", I'm afraid. Defeat, in many instances, means kill. Sora didn't exactly handcuff Oogie Boogie when he beat him.

And, even if Staff members did what you mention, we'd still be playing half a dozen characters, and would have to keep track of all six of them on a single account, which would only lead to confusion and disorganization. "Why is Sally spewing fire from her mouth?" "I didn't know Lock, Shock and Barrel were made of bugs!" "Jack has breasts?"
The Cloaked One
The Cloaked One

Back to top Go down

Post by Chan Gama on December 23rd 2010, 9:46 pm

well something that could be done is that when they first post they list the npcs for that topic so it doesn't get confused
Chan Gama
Chan Gama

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down