» Marionette
Words of Wisdom: Zexion EmptyDecember 2nd 2018, 2:31 pm by +/-

» suck on my magnum dong
Words of Wisdom: Zexion EmptyOctober 18th 2018, 9:25 pm by Gemini

» It's my birthday.
Words of Wisdom: Zexion EmptyOctober 4th 2018, 8:20 pm by Gemini

» EW
Words of Wisdom: Zexion EmptySeptember 9th 2018, 3:53 am by Gemini

» What are Your Current Plans for Your Character?
Words of Wisdom: Zexion EmptyFebruary 11th 2018, 7:33 pm by Chastelle

Statistics
We have 3557 registered users
The newest registered user is Shirou Seeker of Duckness

Our users have posted a total of 143994 messages in 12544 subjects

Words of Wisdom: Zexion

Go down

Words of Wisdom: Zexion Empty Words of Wisdom: Zexion

Post by Zihark on December 23rd 2010, 2:52 am

"Alright, well, i just checked a few statistics sites, and according to the graphs and numbers there, it seems, since April, the activity on this site has plummeted by more than 75%, meaning, compared to the activity we had in April, we have less than 25% of the activity we had then. For all your sakes, i hope you see the overly abundant problem. If i remember correctly, that was around the time our chaos-monger, Trickster, left us.

This fact tells me one thing: Youre all boring.

I can see that, without Trickster around to cause trouble for the "good guys" on the site, the "bad guys" we have on the site dont seem to want to actually get out and cause any trouble, mostly because they are in such disarray and are so uncoordinated in their attempts to be "evil".

Trickster, although he left in an unnecessary huff, always was and always will be, at this rate anyway, one of the most influential characters on this site due to the power and fear he held over so many of your heads. He was always scheming something, despite how little the schemes mightve been different in the long run, he was always planning, always ready to get out and do something else the second he was done with what he was focused on at that time. Even if his schemes normally ended with him retreating, though willingly and readily retreating and i would bet anything he planned to fall back in the first place, he was always ready to cause more trouble, give another strike, send another metaphorical missle, always keeping his enemies on their toes, and never once allowing himself to get caught in a corner to an extent he couldnt control the situation.

However, since his departure, the "evil doers" on the site have become lazy and sloppy and downright insults to the original chaos-monger. To be honest, i think he would agree in a millisecond. Ill grant that most of the "bad guys" still here always followed in his footsteps, always took orders from him and always did as he led to do, but thats no excuse for what his leftover legacy has become.

This entire situation reminds me of a quote that happens to be one i most heavily appreciate.

"Lead, follow, or get the fuck out of the way."

For those of you too slow to catch on directly to how it pertains to our situation, let me explain it in a bit more detail.

Lead - A very simple concept for some, yet near impossible for others. Showing the leadership, bravery and confidence that it takes to have others follow behind you and believe in your decisions is sometimes rarer than we would like it to be, but it lies in everyone. Look at Trickster, he started off as weak and insignifigant and noobish as any of you have, though since the day i met him i always knew he would prefer the path of dark, a shady aura seemed to surround him even in his younger days on the site. Originally, he was mostly neutral and took orders from yours truly, he lived in Castle Oblivion under the rule of The Cloaked Schemer, along with two other lemmings that appeared around the same time: Master_Of_Darkness and Biscuits of Heart, who were also young and noobish, though they bolstered dark auras of their own even then. Many know the story of MoD's fate as he dissapeared from the site forever. Though Biscuits and Trickster grew, coming into ownership of worlds and their own armies, they gained power and respect, they became moderators, and even more importantly, leaders. "Even the smallest cell can multiply to form a massive elephant.", and even the weakest of commoners can become mightly dictators.

Follow - For those of you who wish not to lead, but to be led, there is the seemingly lesser, but infinitely important, path of the follower. These masses are those who find leaders they deem suitable for their needs, and blindly follow their judgement to the letter. As the great bringer of chaos once was, Trickster willingly became a follower of The Sixth Numeral, because, at the time, it seemed the best decision for his situation. He was young, weak, and by all means, powerless. So he took a leader and followed him until he learned what he needed to learn. Most great leaders were dedicated followers at one point, and Trickster is an ideal example. He knew he had to follow me so he could gain the strength he needed to become something he wanted to be. He followed the path he felt would best meet his needs, and as he left this place, he held fear, respect, power and confidence in his palm, and he held those over all the younger members heads. Thats why they followed him, because he was once a follower, and he followed well. "An empire cannot grow without its armies."

Get the fuck out of the way - If you refuse to lead those who would follow you, and you refuse to follow those who wish to lead you, then you have very little reason to be involved in many social activities on the site, and as such, should stay out of the way of the leaders and followers of the site. If you refuse to pick a side on a conflict, then you shouldnt be involved in the conflict in the first place. "A wallflower leaves no scars."

As for those who knew Trickster, i am becoming disappointed in what youve all let grow on this place. Its truly upsetting, the chaos-monger himself would be appauled at what has, or really, has not transpired, and im beginning to understand why he was bored with his work here. It seems as though some you have let your lazinesses get the better of yourselves. For your sakes, i hope you know who you are when i say that. I hope those of you who took the time to read this have taken something from it. I hope you now understand the ultimate outcomes available to you here. Dont make my breath have been wasted."
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So, Nobody Trickster showed me this rant today, which was a big brain buster for me. I realized how much this site has actually gone into the shitter. Not that it's a secret, everyone knows, and I mean everyone, but no one has ever done anything to stop it, well we could start now?

Words of Wisdom: Zexion ZiSig
+100 posts
Zihark
Zihark

Back to top Go down

Words of Wisdom: Zexion Empty Re: Words of Wisdom: Zexion

Post by Etzolix on December 23rd 2010, 2:24 pm

Then do things. It's the members of the site that determine what happens really, seeing as they're the ones RPing so just start doing stuff for the fun of it.

I remember this rant though I was freshnub at the time.

In this cold reality,
I made this selfish war machine.
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Reina_W on December 23rd 2010, 4:43 pm

There aren't many truly ambitous evil aligned members who are high enough level to be a challenge, or be weak enough to be fair to most people here. I'm sure that's part of the problem, one I may have to remedy if I become strong enough.
At least.... I haven't seen any truly evil characters yet...

Max MP: 60
Rahzz MP: 40

Self-proclaimed healer, romanticist, and diaper toter.... And yet I can still do more damage than you.
....Also the spawner of most chatbox shenani jokes, but that's just bad luck..... >_>

[00:53:29] Zihark : He's not he's just there, im sure there are boobs that would

[00:54:06] Zihark : Help you
Reina_W
Reina_W

Back to top Go down

Post by Zihark on December 23rd 2010, 4:46 pm

Yes, Etz you are correct, another way to fix it would be to stop making everything private and let others join in

I think I might start, I just need an idea for a character change.

Words of Wisdom: Zexion ZiSig
+100 posts
Zihark
Zihark

Back to top Go down

Post by Etzolix on December 23rd 2010, 6:52 pm

You don't have to be evil to do shit.. I hate how people get that impression. Don't waste your time with a character change if your person isn't fond of someone just make a topic attacking them seeing as that's the path you wanna take. You don't need something drastic to happen to incline yourself into doing things.

In this cold reality,
I made this selfish war machine.
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum