» Marionette
An OOC battle arena EmptyDecember 2nd 2018, 2:31 pm by +/-

» suck on my magnum dong
An OOC battle arena EmptyOctober 18th 2018, 9:25 pm by Gemini

» It's my birthday.
An OOC battle arena EmptyOctober 4th 2018, 8:20 pm by Gemini

» EW
An OOC battle arena EmptySeptember 9th 2018, 3:53 am by Gemini

» What are Your Current Plans for Your Character?
An OOC battle arena EmptyFebruary 11th 2018, 7:33 pm by Chastelle

Statistics
We have 3557 registered users
The newest registered user is Shirou Seeker of Duckness

Our users have posted a total of 143994 messages in 12544 subjects

An OOC battle arena

Go down

An OOC battle arena Empty An OOC battle arena

Post by Naraca on October 1st 2010, 12:58 am

Hello Kingdom Hearts Forum. I am Naraca, someone who is new to this site but not to RPG forums. I have been Rping in places like these for around 3 to 4 years now. Rest assured, I won't act pompous or selfish about it. From what I have seen so far I love what you've done with the place.

Anyways enough of that. Time to get down to my suggestion. I propose that this site a Battle Arena that is not related to the RP. A place where characters like my self Naraca or others can fight each other and kill each other freely, and have it not effect there character in the actual game.

For example: In the battle arena I'm fighting some guy while at the same time I'm talking to someone in Hollow bastion. Lets say this guy kills me by chopping my head off. It won't effect the Naraca that is talking in Hollow bastion. Understand?

With something like this people would have tons more fun fighting each other and duking it out with no consequence at all. Unless you count the humiliation of loss a consequence. This would be great way to get to know others and to just have fun. Please consider this. If you have any questions I would be happy to answer.
Naraca
Naraca

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

An OOC battle arena Empty Re: An OOC battle arena

Post by The Cloaked One on October 1st 2010, 2:30 am

Honestly, I'd be in agreement with Smitty. While it might be fun, and may offer some entertainment while players wait for something interesting to occur, what he says does have some truth behind it. Certain members may simply use it as a test to see if they can actually kill someone they want out of the way in-game, and once that fact started to surface itself to the public, no one would ever wish to utilize the system out of fear of looking weak.

However, when I originally read your idea, I had another reason to disagree with it. Think of this site like an RPG video game, perhaps Fallout or Fable or Mass Effect, for those who know the games, and think of this idea as the concept of saving before doing something you'll potentially regret so you can go back and undo your choice if you don't like it, or to go back and screw around on purpose. If any of you have actually tried doing this, it's definitely fun the first few times you experience it, especially knowing none of it will have any consequence on the "real" file. That's just the thing, though, it's fun the first few times. After which point, it really just starts to become boring because of the same thing that made it interesting: the total lack of consequence. Nothing you do matters at all, since you'll just end up resetting to another save and go back to what you were actually doing, so why bother straying from it in the first place? What's the point? To waste time and effort when you can't think of anything better to do, and here, that's what we have come to call spam.
The Cloaked One
The Cloaked One

Back to top Go down

Post by Naraca on October 5th 2010, 4:53 pm

Well it's not like your forced to fight someone upon there challenge, and this Battle arena is not meant for serious battles. Just friendly bouts or spars. Also if people want to settle a score but don't want to do it in the RP they can do it on the Battle arena. Also, this will become far from boring. In the this Battle arena you will get to chose your own arena, your own environment and if you want, your own handicap. For example, lets say I want to fight The Cloaked One; however, I want to fight him while we are underwater with breathing apparatuses attached to our faces. Things like that.

There are many possibility's and outcomes with every turn being different. I can assure that this will not get boring, in fact this will become very popular. So what if people could possibly know a bit about how you fight, then either don't sign up for a fight or just hold back. Or, you could just give it your all. To utilize the things you know about the other guy in the RP would be meta gaming any way so you don't need to worry about that.

There are no limits to the battle arena other then the basic rules there are no limits. You wanna know what it's like to fight while using guns? You wanna fight as Godzilla monsters? How about you make your own char and play as someone else instead of your RP char. For example, instead of Naraca I could play and Bruce Lee, and you could be Chuck Norris.

There are no limits aside from the basic rules. I really don't think you should just throw this idea aside.
Naraca
Naraca

Back to top Go down

Post by Zihark on October 5th 2010, 5:30 pm

Cloaked, (new nickname for you) There are a lot of different senario's that could make it interesting, and to see if you could kill each other's player. You could have everyone's arena character be on the same "Level" to make it fair, and they could just rely on there RP abilities.

Naraca, I like the Idea of getting to fight as chuck norris, but if you want to spar make a topic with (Spar) in parentheisis. Or go scubba diving in Atlantic.

An OOC battle arena ZiSig
+100 posts
Zihark
Zihark

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cloaked One on October 5th 2010, 10:34 pm

Sure. Popular, fun, interesting. That doesn't change the fact that not only would it be spam due to it being a bunch of nonsensical, unexplainable fights that would confuse the living hell out of every person that randomly clicked on one of the topics, but it would lead to so much bad information, that it would completely undo any "good" or "benefit" it might accomplish. "Oh, I thought Zihark died three times already. My bad." or "The Cloaked One's character isn't actually Bruce Willis? Wtf?" or "Wow, they let someone play as the entire Fellowship of the Ring here?? Awesome!! I want to be Ash Ketchum!! :D". On top of that, the exact opposite of what we want, or need, is people posting more often in OOC areas. What would be the point of this being a Kingdom Hearts-based RPG site, if everyone spends their time here playing as Seto Kaiba, Panthro, Obi-Wan and Jigsaw, and ignores their actual characters? People would have no reason to even make real characters at that point, since they could just play in the "OOC Battle Arena" as whatever the hell they wanted, with no restrictions, however they wanted, with no wait or approval needed.
The Cloaked One
The Cloaked One

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Naraca on October 6th 2010, 5:15 pm

Well here, lets just take the idea of a topic where people can fight each other without having any damage done to there Char in the the RP, and lets develop it from there.

This Battle arena would just be one topic, it's not like it's in every single world. It would just be one topic in the OOC area. So what if people are confused? It's not your fight so why do you care? Also, if people make unfair rules like that then just don't join or accept the fight. This Battle arena would be entirely for fun. How about this, you can play in any area or as any person you want; however, it must follow the basic rules already displayed. Sure I'm playing as Chuck Norris or Bruce Lee but if you snap my neck I will still die.

This idea is not one to pass up, something like this could further interest others in playing in the actual RP. For example "Jeez fighting in this battle arena is a lot of fun. I wonder the actual RP is like" Or vice versa: "It's been a while since I' ve been here and this battle arena helped me remember how fun this place is. I should really come back in the RP"

Basiclly things like this and so many other things could happen. While putting (Spar) thing does work it still limits you on several levels. You can kill each other, you can't use your most powerful attacks and just overall the fight has less intenseity. A Battle Arena like this could solve those problems. Also, is it really so bad to finally have a topic that does not require approving or checking?
Naraca
Naraca

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down