» Marionette
New Roleplaying Option EmptyDecember 2nd 2018, 2:31 pm by +/-

» suck on my magnum dong
New Roleplaying Option EmptyOctober 18th 2018, 9:25 pm by Gemini

» It's my birthday.
New Roleplaying Option EmptyOctober 4th 2018, 8:20 pm by Gemini

» EW
New Roleplaying Option EmptySeptember 9th 2018, 3:53 am by Gemini

» What are Your Current Plans for Your Character?
New Roleplaying Option EmptyFebruary 11th 2018, 7:33 pm by Chastelle

Statistics
We have 3557 registered users
The newest registered user is Shirou Seeker of Duckness

Our users have posted a total of 143994 messages in 12544 subjects

New Roleplaying Option

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New Roleplaying Option Empty New Roleplaying Option

Post by MorpheusZero on June 29th 2010, 6:58 pm

So here me out and read the whole thing you other staff members before you start getting and pissy and throwing things at me.

I was thinking, we should add some a new option to how each of us can role play. Now, I'd like to think that we use THE JOURNAL to make up for this, but it doesn't really get the job done since not everyone really does it--yet some people do. So what I am proposing is we come up with a way for a user to be able to RP in a PRIVATE TOPIC, by themselves, or JUST their main character and their partner character present in the topic.

WAIT. LISTEN.

Now, of course this could bring about a lot of problems, I know--Trust me I've thought about it. I'm 20 years old and I'm not stupid. But think of all the possible Character Plot Developments you could fulfill. Now here is what I am proposing as a harsh basis for this system:

-You Must Have 1000 Posts To RP With Yourself (As Well As Administrative Approval Possibly?)
-Each Post Must Be 500 Words.
-You Can ONLY REPLY to the topic ONCE Per 24 Hour Period.
-You MAY NOT ATTACK A World, Nor Anything Affiliated With Another USER--Though You May Fight In ANY WORLD as long as it is with an NPC (Heartless, Nobody, Etc).
-THIS RP topic will count as one of your Max 3 or 4 Topics that you can participate in at One Time.
-You Can Only create ONE SELF-RP Topic per 2 months.

See, with restrictions like this--you can't go wrong. I think it's good like when you're character is going through a lot--maybe he/she needs time to reflect on the past in their life or going through an ALIGNMENT Change is at war with one's self. Or heck, maybe you and your partner character want to go to Twilight Hell and Kick some zombie ass and just have some fun with yourself and "train."

I think this is a great idea. Support? Input? Suggestions? Etc?

http://www.snsclan.com/

Back to top Go down

New Roleplaying Option Empty Re: New Roleplaying Option

Post by Renzenku on June 29th 2010, 11:11 pm

Uhm... I'm fine with all of that except the thousand word count to do it; that makes little sense (To Me ^^) as I don't understand the need to restrict the amount of people who can do it with all the other restrictions. ^^''

My Input ^^

The sudden plunge on the sullen swell, ten fathoms deep on the road to hell.
New Roleplaying Option Renzen10
Renzenku
Renzenku

http://www.destinywars.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Etzolix on June 29th 2010, 11:16 pm

MorpheusZero wrote:So here me out and read the whole thing you other staff members before you start getting and pissy and throwing things at me.

I was thinking, we should add some a new option to how each of us can role play. Now, I'd like to think that we use THE JOURNAL to make up for this, but it doesn't really get the job done since not everyone really does it--yet some people do. So what I am proposing is we come up with a way for a user to be able to RP in a PRIVATE TOPIC, by themselves, or JUST their main character and their partner character present in the topic.

WAIT. LISTEN.

Now, of course this could bring about a lot of problems, I know--Trust me I've thought about it. I'm 20 years old and I'm not stupid. But think of all the possible Character Plot Developments you could fulfill. Now here is what I am proposing as a harsh basis for this system:

-You Must Have 1000 Posts To RP With Yourself (As Well As Administrative Approval Possibly?)
-You MAY NOT ATTACK A World, Nor Anything Affiliated With Another USER--Though You May Fight In ANY WORLD as long as it is with an NPC (Heartless, Nobody, Etc).
-THIS RP topic will count as one of your Max 3 or 4 Topics that you can participate in at One Time.

See, with restrictions like this--you can't go wrong. I think it's good like when you're character is going through a lot--maybe he/she needs time to reflect on the past in their life or going through an ALIGNMENT Change is at war with one's self. Or heck, maybe you and your partner character want to go to Twilight Hell and Kick some zombie ass and just have some fun with yourself and "train."

We should have the staff(not administrative specific because of times where they may go inactive for vacation/issues/etc) give the approval of these topics in order the make sure everyone does the once per 2 month thing, so when people request one they give a link to their previous topic (if this thing gets rolling) to show that enough time has passed and it will allow easier monitoring.

Although, I believe it should be two months from when the Self RP was COMPLETED, opposed to the ability to make one every two months to ensure that people interact with each other IC.

Another thing that should be added for the topics, nothing big but just put ((SELF RP)) in the title that way the topics are easier to find and so that people know not to misinterpret the RPs for being open, along with the easier to monitor thing mentioned in the fisrt paragraph of my response.

EtzEdit: Ren, I think the post count is a good idea, that way newer members don't try to spam this idea and that the members that have gained 1,000 posts are at least somewhat loyal to the site and have experience so they know what they're doing and aren't just causing more problems which newer misinformed members would most likely cause problems since the majority have a habit of not reading the rules.

In this cold reality,
I made this selfish war machine.
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by MorpheusZero on June 29th 2010, 11:26 pm

Yes That Is EXACTLY the reason for my 1000+ Post count.

I also agree with what you said as far as waiting 2 months AFTER completion of previous topic.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinkerbrat on June 30th 2010, 8:56 am

Newbie input?

I really love this idea! O.O

Now even though I wouldn't be able to participate in quite a long while, I have a bit of roleplaying experience in other places where I'd love to take on a challenge like this ^^

The rules set up for this idea appear fair to me, and yes, for those at 1000 posts who have already established their character's 'roots', so to speak. This would be a fine opportunity for them to not only enhance their skills, but keep someone who's worked up to that point from feeling bored with their character, or 'if' their running out of options or ideas as to where else to go with them.

I like the word count set up as well. RP'ing with one self to me is quite a privilege!

See, at 1000 posts, one 'earns' the access to do so, but in all honesty, it's not all that difficult to reach that point in here with no restrictions to word count in RP'ing posts and having the chat section to comment in about things.

But the word count is what earns you to 'keep' the privilege, not go lazy crazy with it.... if I missed it somewhere in your list of rules, my apologies... but maybe an RP sample to be approved to do this?

So all in all, I like it ^^ Un-spammable, un-abusable, and it would truly benefit those who have worked hard to achieve the additional fun here! Just a newbie's perspective.... >.>

New Roleplaying Option Fairybanner2

... I didn't do it >.>
[11:24:41] Tinkerbrat : Leo... your character have a tail too?
[11:25:07] Leo : Yes , I'm half wolf.
[11:25:18] Leo : Wolf ears, fangs, and even a cute bushy tail lol.
[11:25:22] Leo : True doggy style.
[11:25:40] Tinkerbrat : O.O
[11:26:08] Tinkerbrat : fairies like ears >>
[11:26:21] Leo : they like them or they like to nibble on them?
[11:27:15] Leo : I think you would try and put the moves on me, buuuuuut lol
[11:28:04] Tinkerbrat : i may just move in your tail >>
[11:28:08] Tinkerbrat : build me a condo....
[11:28:30] Leo : Tink, you can do whatever you want to me....
Tinkerbrat
Tinkerbrat

Back to top Go down

Post by Etzolix on June 30th 2010, 12:55 pm

MorpheusZero wrote:So here me out and read the whole thing you other staff members before you start getting and pissy and throwing things at me.

WAIT. LISTEN.

Tinkerbrat, Word count thing is right there.

Though, you mean a roleplay example to see if they get access to the privilege in the first place?

In this cold reality,
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Yima on July 1st 2010, 11:33 pm

I am going to add that staff should have owner approval and think on this more.

"There is a fine line between genius and insanity; I use it as a jumping rope"

Feel free to send me any feedback you have about site and or ideas.  ^_^

If you have a topic that you want to discus at length to improve the site please do so in the suggestion section so we can all be a part and move forward from there together.

An Amv I Like
Yima
Yima

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinkerbrat on July 3rd 2010, 1:45 am

*facepalms and nods*

yep, Lix.... i missed that, thanks ^^

But yesh, along with the suggestion of Staff Approval, an RP sample required as well, for the approval with that stated amount as well.

New Roleplaying Option Fairybanner2

... I didn't do it >.>
[11:24:41] Tinkerbrat : Leo... your character have a tail too?
[11:25:07] Leo : Yes , I'm half wolf.
[11:25:18] Leo : Wolf ears, fangs, and even a cute bushy tail lol.
[11:25:22] Leo : True doggy style.
[11:25:40] Tinkerbrat : O.O
[11:26:08] Tinkerbrat : fairies like ears >>
[11:26:21] Leo : they like them or they like to nibble on them?
[11:27:15] Leo : I think you would try and put the moves on me, buuuuuut lol
[11:28:04] Tinkerbrat : i may just move in your tail >>
[11:28:08] Tinkerbrat : build me a condo....
[11:28:30] Leo : Tink, you can do whatever you want to me....
Tinkerbrat
Tinkerbrat

Back to top Go down

Post by MorpheusZero on July 11th 2010, 7:35 pm

Any new thoughts or input?

Back to top Go down

Post by Trent on July 11th 2010, 8:45 pm

well i love this idea, it provides a unique style. Also i like the post limits and such.

With this 100%

Mp: 60 (Darkness, Wind, Fire)
Theon's MP: 30 (Light, Cure, Earth)
Trent

Back to top Go down

Post by Jet Enduro on July 11th 2010, 8:49 pm

Hmmm Im game for this idea....you have one admins approval

Chicken: How do you Hear silence you dumb bitch?
Jet Enduro
Jet Enduro

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeji on July 11th 2010, 8:55 pm

i like this but gonna take forever to get to
Zeji
Zeji

Back to top Go down

Post by MorpheusZero on July 12th 2010, 12:40 pm

Biscuits and Alexa make two of the original members....I'd like Roxas to comment PLEASE! What do you think Yima? Not as far as EXACTLY how it's set up, but the idea? When I post up the actual rules for it, we will talk about it more and limits and such....but just the IDEA....

Back to top Go down

Post by Yima on July 12th 2010, 6:36 pm

I think that without enforcement of the rules that it is something that can be heavily abused rules or no rules and that is my largest concern and why I move for it if it were to be approved to be owner approved solely and without that responsibility ever being given to anyone else period.

If you have a topic that you want to discus at length to improve the site please do so in the suggestion section so we can all be a part and move forward from there together.

An Amv I Like
Yima
Yima

Back to top Go down

Post by MorpheusZero on July 12th 2010, 7:32 pm

Well here's the thing though Yima--name ONE thing on this site that hasn't been abused? There are rules against God Modding--people still do it. There are WIP rules--people still do it. There are rules against spamming--people still do it. There are double posting and BUMP rules---people STILL do it.

My point is, yeah rules are needed and yes we would accommodate the proper limitations; however, no matter where you go in life or what you try to restrict you will always have problems. There will always be someone somewhere who doesn't properly or doesn't think certain criteria applies to them. We don't need rule enforcement, 99% of everyone follows the rules--what we need is organization. By organization I mean, the rules are laid out clearly and effectively--you read them, and you can choose to follow them or not....By following the rules you get certain privileges--though some things may not be AS FUN as people would like it be because of the rules, so that's why rules are broken. Now most people break the rules and never get caught--this is where we fail as a site. Stop slapping people on the wrist and when you catch someone in the wrong and they KNOW they are in the wrong--make an example of them. This doesn't just go for something like this suggestion, but for in every area on this site.

Back to top Go down

Post by Yima on July 12th 2010, 7:42 pm

I agree with you there Morph but that still doesn't change my desire for owner approval. We have both been on here long enough to see enough if the crocked crap and I am not just thinking in the now but in the future years out.

An Amv I Like
Yima
Yima

Back to top Go down

Post by MorpheusZero on July 12th 2010, 7:47 pm

Well yeah of course I want Roxas to approve of it--I said that already.

Back to top Go down

Post by Yima on July 12th 2010, 7:52 pm

I mean for every rp to count after the topic idea is approved.

An Amv I Like
Yima
Yima

Back to top Go down

Post by MorpheusZero on July 12th 2010, 8:07 pm

Oh okay I got you...

Back to top Go down

Post by PaleoRoxas on July 12th 2010, 10:25 pm

Well, it seems like a good idea I guess. Questions though. Say you are in the middle of one of those things and feel like changing it up a bit and have someone join in.....do we then change that to just be a regular rp or what? Cause i know sometimes ideas run dry and you may feel like you want someone to join in to change things up a bit. Uhhh...i dunno about the 1000 post requirement though, we could lower that a tiny bit if you want...or maybe it depends more on the person. Because i can name a few people right now who I'd trust with doing something like this who have less then 1000, but we can keep it like that, it doesnt really matter. But yeah, if you have the rules for it set up and thought of everything then we can consider it.

Last edited by Roxas on July 13th 2010, 2:41 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Renzenku on July 12th 2010, 11:14 pm

The only issue I have is the post limit; I personally think it could be lowered to something more like 750 to be slightly more accomadating for others. I know I just sound like I'm whining but I really think the 1000 post count requirement is a little to large. Personally; I also know I already said this; but I'm going to have to agree with Roxas and maybe throw this in.

Perhaps people with less then 1000 Posts can do a self-RP with the permission of an Admin? Or Moderator? That would make it slightly more fair in my eyes; dependent on others I suppose. Just my opinion again.

The sudden plunge on the sullen swell, ten fathoms deep on the road to hell.
New Roleplaying Option Renzen10
Renzenku
Renzenku

http://www.destinywars.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jet Enduro on July 13th 2010, 12:09 am

Well it will probably have a Mod level + approval. The 750 sounds decent but 1000 thats when your character actually starts having stuff but 750 kinda sounds fair Its up to morph on this one though

Chicken: How do you Hear silence you dumb bitch?
Jet Enduro
Jet Enduro

Back to top Go down

Post by MorpheusZero on July 13th 2010, 10:49 pm

I personally made the post restriction so large because at this point, your characters have had the chance to go out and get some RP experience with other users. You have had the chance to see the other worlds, battle some, socialize some--the point of the self RP is Plot Development--in order to develop a plot, you need to HAVE a plot to develop. Though I strongly recommend keeping the 1000+ post restriction, I think with Admin approval, that users with less could be allowed to do it. So long as everyone who asks isn't automatically allowed to do it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeji on July 13th 2010, 10:52 pm

i would reccomend at least a 500 post requirement because by then you probabbly at least role played with every active member of the website.
Zeji
Zeji

Back to top Go down

Post by Etzolix on July 13th 2010, 11:01 pm

I am strongly against lowering it. That defeats the purpose of making it a privilege, and making more open to too many people. It shouldn't be handed to people, more like worked for.

In this cold reality,
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next