» Marionette
For heck's sake... (Advice, please~) EmptyDecember 2nd 2018, 2:31 pm by +/-

» suck on my magnum dong
For heck's sake... (Advice, please~) EmptyOctober 18th 2018, 9:25 pm by Gemini

» It's my birthday.
For heck's sake... (Advice, please~) EmptyOctober 4th 2018, 8:20 pm by Gemini

» EW
For heck's sake... (Advice, please~) EmptySeptember 9th 2018, 3:53 am by Gemini

» What are Your Current Plans for Your Character?
For heck's sake... (Advice, please~) EmptyFebruary 11th 2018, 7:33 pm by Chastelle

Statistics
We have 3557 registered users
The newest registered user is Shirou Seeker of Duckness

Our users have posted a total of 143994 messages in 12544 subjects

For heck's sake... (Advice, please~)

Go down

For heck's sake... (Advice, please~) Empty For heck's sake... (Advice, please~)

Post by Ryuu on September 4th 2009, 7:38 am

Yeah... Let's see here... We're not doing so hot. My family, I mean. It's been one thing after another, and now we're pretty much avoiding going broke (though my mom was already overdrawn yesterday...). This is a big problem because my mom gets paid very well, so for us to have no money... It's a big deal.

My problem is that I really want to help out with bringing in some money, but I have no means of transportation to get to and from a job. I need to ask you guys for some advice here, because the only thing I can think of to do it take commissions on my deviantART account to try and bring in some money. I can't take a job during the week, and doing one on the weekends would rob me of precious time with my family, which I do not want to give up...

I'll make it clear, however, that I am not asking for money, because several people already apparently want to help out personally. I just really want some advice or directions of what to do to help. We really need the money, and dA commissions is all I can think of to help.

(Also, in relation to this, I'll be gone for the weekend, probably. We're going on a trip, and with so little money, we'll be searching for cheap hotels as opposed to ones with WIFI...so there's no knowing if I'll be able to get on. Sorry~)

Thanks in advance, to anyone who at least attempts to help~

<3

--------------
~And now I wonder, if you were angry, and I were to die, would you stop for a moment to show you care...?~
Ryuu
Ryuu

Back to top Go down

For heck's sake... (Advice, please~) Empty Re: For heck's sake... (Advice, please~)

Post by Etzolix on September 4th 2009, 8:09 am

Well sometimes you have to sacrifice time with your family in order to help them out, I mean, if you can ensure that your family stays afloat, or attempt to add on besides the deviantart account Idea. Which you should do along with getting a job, I mean, if things end up for the worst, you'll all be spending a lot of time in poverty, which I doubt you'd want so, in my opinion, you should sacrifice time with your family, in order to help them out financially, that would be understandable and I doubt they would mind at all, you're helping them pay things off after all...

And for the working on the week, you should attempt to get a job that you can walk to without much time being wasted. If that isn't convenient then I don't know how you can work during the week...

In this cold reality,
I made this selfish war machine.
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

For heck's sake... (Advice, please~) Empty Re: For heck's sake... (Advice, please~)

Post by MorpheusZero on September 4th 2009, 3:27 pm

Sui--baby girl. I know of some work you can get into. Just one night a week and you'll be bringing in more than your mom....and it's fun.

http://www.snsclan.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryuu on September 4th 2009, 3:34 pm

Any places I could get a job are too far of a walk to get to quickly and efficiently. There's a good reason that I scratched out working during the week. My mom and I discussed this, and we ended up scratching out a lot of ideas we'd had, such as getting a job during the week and on the weekends (there's more stuff going on with that which I haven't mentioned, because I tried to type this up briefly). I'm looking for advice outside getting a job I have to travel to. (And if anyone says prostitution, I will kidnap my best friend's pet monkey and make him dry-rape you...)

Morph...there is NO WAY I could top my mom's salary... Trust me. Haha~ But tell me, please~ I'm curious to know, and thankful that you apparently want to help.

Thanks for the advice either way, guys~ It means a lot.

<3

--------------
~And now I wonder, if you were angry, and I were to die, would you stop for a moment to show you care...?~
Ryuu
Ryuu

Back to top Go down

Post by MorpheusZero on September 4th 2009, 4:12 pm

I was just joking--

But if your mom makes decent money that why is she over drawing? What are you guys spending so much money on?

http://www.snsclan.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jet Enduro on September 4th 2009, 9:26 pm

Yea im in the same spot my dad makes 180+ a year on average..

and yet we cant hold on to more than 100 dollars at a pay day...

Chicken: How do you Hear silence you dumb bitch?
Jet Enduro
Jet Enduro

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryuu on September 5th 2009, 9:48 pm

Well, Morph...my mom's been pretty sick lately, so a lot of money is going on on doctor's bills and medication. What's more, my mom had a lot of auto-withdrawals, and our internet/phone/TV company screwed us over by charging us for four months when we haven't even been in the new house one month, and they were about to do it again. Mom's looking at switching companies. And, in addition to that, my classes are demanding I buy several things. More small things here and there like groceries and eating out (my mom didn't realize she was low on money until the day before she was overdrawn) helped, too...

And because of it, she can't afford to take me to the doctor, and I need it, too. And the cats to the vet. They both need to go, badly. But we don't have the money... My mom's boyfriend has been paying for the gas on this trip, though my mom got her pay. She's trying not to touch it because she has more payments going out, still.

--------------
Ryuu
Ryuu

Back to top Go down

Post by PaleoKairi on September 6th 2009, 3:54 pm

well, something good that you might be able to do, at least to preserve some money during the week is to cut down on some things that are more luxury than necessity. some things that you like to have but really dont need can take quite a bite out of salaries. maybe try limiting these things down.

my other suggestion in order to look at your assets is to make a list of how much you're spending in each place. so write down how much you have at the top, then make three columns. Here, i'll give you an example of how my sister's works. I have a job at a chain retail store, and i make $9.50 an hour. i have a paid 15 minute break, and an unpaid half hour lunch if i work more than 5 and a half hours.

Hours worked: 18
Amount paid: $9.50 x 18 hours = $171.00

So that's how much I will get paid this week, with my schedule intact. So here would be an idea of the breakdown chart, with the example of when my mom went to boston for five days, and i was on my own.

Item Estimated Amount Actual Spent
Gas 0.00 0.00
Groceries 30.00 26.45
Clothes 30.00 16.87
Take-out 15.00 11.96
Extras 10.00 4.65

Total: 85.00 59.93
Remainder: 86.00 111.07

See how that works? Now with your mom, you can get her to put things like the internet and cable and telephone on there as well, and total everything up. My sister just bought a house and a car and thats how she and her husband are doing everything.

My other suggestion is get out of the shitty contract with the bad telephone and internet people. we're on ALL Rogers now, and they bundle the phone, internet, and digital cable all together. Don't worry. You'll make it.

~314 posts before site hack~
~100 max magic~

Morph wrote:*nude nudge*... NUDEG***...  NUDEZ**... NUDEG** DAMMIT**... NUDGE**... FUCK... *nudge nudge* there! ^^

Ansem: Fine, what was the last sound you heard?
Biccie: it was "blah ragha blargha"
Ansem: No, it was "ragha blarghara", but you were really close.
PaleoKairi
PaleoKairi

Back to top Go down

Post by Ikara Yukinko on September 6th 2009, 5:46 pm

Well I know for school and such, they have plans if you talk to the teacher that can help you get that stuff for smaller amounts of money. My friend is really poor, and she gets a lot of free stuff from school, like calculators, lunch, books, etc. The school is willing to help if you talk to like....the principal, etc.

Good luck though. And almost everyone here has good ideas on helping. ^^

Cure|Ice|Water|Earth|Wind
Previous Post Count: 2900
Queen of the Pridelands
Ikara's Profile
For heck's sake... (Advice, please~) Banner10
Ikara Yukinko
Ikara Yukinko

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down