» Marionette
Psychologists/Psychiatry EmptyDecember 2nd 2018, 2:31 pm by +/-

» suck on my magnum dong
Psychologists/Psychiatry EmptyOctober 18th 2018, 9:25 pm by Gemini

» It's my birthday.
Psychologists/Psychiatry EmptyOctober 4th 2018, 8:20 pm by Gemini

» EW
Psychologists/Psychiatry EmptySeptember 9th 2018, 3:53 am by Gemini

» What are Your Current Plans for Your Character?
Psychologists/Psychiatry EmptyFebruary 11th 2018, 7:33 pm by Chastelle

Statistics
We have 3557 registered users
The newest registered user is Shirou Seeker of Duckness

Our users have posted a total of 143994 messages in 12544 subjects

Psychologists/Psychiatry

Go down

Psychologists/Psychiatry Empty Psychologists/Psychiatry

Post by Etzolix on August 24th 2009, 1:03 pm

I don't get what the point of psychologists or psychiatry is. How are you supposed to go to someone and expect to talk to them, when, you can't trust them since you never met them before so you don't tell them the full story. You can't take their advice, because you don't know them, so they may have never been in a similar experience. I mean, I really don't understand the point of talking to someone you know you won't tell anything to. And for psychiatry, how can you trust the things they diagnose you with and the medication they give you? How do you know it isn't, 120$ plus worth of placebos? I mean, honestly, I don't know what the point of all of that is.

In this cold reality,
I made this selfish war machine.
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Psychologists/Psychiatry Empty Re: Psychologists/Psychiatry

Post by Guest on August 24th 2009, 3:46 pm

.....once upon a time....Pinky went to a psychologist. .-. I was too little to remember though, because I was like....two. My parents thought I was retarded because I had yet to speak....like....anything.

But I think the point of psychology is understanding the human mind..... -.- and attempting to make assumptions based on what the patient tells you, and try to get them back on the right track from being fucked up.....if that person even IS fucked up in the first place.

.-. why the sudden random conversation Chicken?

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsGrizzley on August 24th 2009, 4:11 pm

The point of counseling, of any form, is that you are supposed to make the attempt to trust them. The act of going to one is an act of trust, provided you're there willingly, because you have come to understand that there's something messed up in your thinking or your life.

I've been to counselors before, and psychs of various sorts. They're supposed to be trained to see past what you're saying into what you're really meaning, but they're as human as the rest of us in the end.

In the end, they are nothing more than a facilitator for you to work out your own issues, with some help from an outside point of view. Sometimes things are really hard to see objectively from inside a mess. They are supposed to be trained to help you help yourself, to a degree. But to do that you *have* to trust them.

But this is me giving my opinion, as you well know. I don't know the circumstances which caused you to post the comment in the first place, but this is what I know.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirou on August 24th 2009, 6:21 pm

In my opinion, Psychologists are basically one's diary/journal that can talk back and help explain and et cetera. Besides, if you pay them $120 or so, you're gonna have to tell them the whole story or it would've been a big waste. I mean, you can tell anyone part of your story for free. And you're probably not supposed to trust psychologists, they're just there to examine what you're saying, sort out your problems, maybe help you understand or question yourself and so on.
And I agree with Pinky: Why the random question/conversation? o.o

[23:25:24] Zihark joined the chat on 10/17/2011, 11:25 pm
[23:27:16] Zihark : I SUSCEDE SHIROU VELOX, YOUR IDEA WAS BETTER

[02:13:16] Etzolix : YOU WON'T
[02:13:18] Etzolix : I GOT YIMA ON A LEASH

[1:41:03 AM] "Ansem": I only have
[1:41:09 AM] "Ansem": 500 munny
[1:41:20 AM] "Ansem": ....IMA WELFARE PIMP

Shirou
Shirou

Back to top Go down

Post by Etzolix on August 24th 2009, 7:09 pm

Eh, I still don't see the point, but that's just me, I mean there's been recent news of people overdosing on ADHD medication, and yeah I have that medication.

And jes its cause I had to go to a psychiatrist today .-. haven't seen her in like 3 months

In this cold reality,
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Terradagger on August 31st 2009, 7:18 am

Chicken wrote:I don't get what the point of psychologists or psychiatry is. How are you supposed to go to someone and expect to talk to them, when, you can't trust them since you never met them before so you don't tell them the full story. You can't take their advice, because you don't know them, so they may have never been in a similar experience. I mean, I really don't understand the point of talking to someone you know you won't tell anything to. And for psychiatry, how can you trust the things they diagnose you with and the medication they give you? How do you know it isn't, 120$ plus worth of placebos? I mean, honestly, I don't know what the point of all of that is.

1. Psychologists nor psychiatrists are supposed to give you advice at all, in fact, as it's unprofessional.
2. That's why you tell them everything. They're there to help, and if their oaths aren't enough promise, let the money be.
3. Psychiatrists diagnose based on facts. To be honest, they don't have to see the full story.
4. Even if they are placebos, if they're working... then... why is there a complaint?

I hated having to go see mine. I recently discontinued my visits, as I was there on the pretense that I was a severely angry child. I'm not... at all... But you know.

Back to top Go down

Post by Etzolix on August 31st 2009, 8:35 am

1. Not Like advice but whatever thingy their supposed to do don't know what the word is for them.
2. They aren't helping, more like making things worse by getting me pissed from going so more anger building up.
3. The facts don't help them choose the right medication because it isn't working.
4. Like number three, they aren't working...

So yeah .-.

In this cold reality,
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by MorpheusZero on August 31st 2009, 6:53 pm

I've gone a few times because she was hot as fuck and always wore a mini skirt...then my dad stopped paying for it when he found out thats the only reason I went...LOL

http://www.snsclan.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Etzolix on August 31st 2009, 9:24 pm

Morph....You're a lucky dick

In this cold reality,
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Terradagger on September 1st 2009, 6:14 am

Chicken wrote:1. Not Like advice but whatever thingy their supposed to do don't know what the word is for them.
2. They aren't helping, more like making things worse by getting me pissed from going so more anger building up.
3. The facts don't help them choose the right medication because it isn't working.
4. Like number three, they aren't working...

So yeah .-.

Your problem isn't a shrink at all. It's having a bad one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum