» Marionette
Preparation (Daniel07) EmptyDecember 2nd 2018, 2:31 pm by +/-

» suck on my magnum dong
Preparation (Daniel07) EmptyOctober 18th 2018, 9:25 pm by Gemini

» It's my birthday.
Preparation (Daniel07) EmptyOctober 4th 2018, 8:20 pm by Gemini

» EW
Preparation (Daniel07) EmptySeptember 9th 2018, 3:53 am by Gemini

» What are Your Current Plans for Your Character?
Preparation (Daniel07) EmptyFebruary 11th 2018, 7:33 pm by Chastelle

Statistics
We have 3557 registered users
The newest registered user is Shirou Seeker of Duckness

Our users have posted a total of 143994 messages in 12544 subjects

Preparation (Daniel07)

Go down

Preparation (Daniel07) Empty Preparation (Daniel07)

Post by Azumi Cho on April 18th 2009, 2:47 pm

Azumi had heard an announcement that there was going to be a tournament soon. The girl had signed up for it and was paired with someone, apparently. She didn't catch who. Why did I come to a desert to train? The trees are right, it's awfully hot right now...and I'm just in a T-shirt and camo cargo pants! The girl thought bitterly, as she had consulted a shriveled up tree nearby. Her eyes went wide as she used Earth's Whisper. "Someone's a ways off..." Her body tensed as she looked around her. Sweat was dampening her face and clothes.

Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkFadHyM5UY&feature=related
Satsu's theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2sWWj9RjeQ
Azumi Cho
Azumi Cho

Back to top Go down

Preparation (Daniel07) Empty Re: Preparation (Daniel07)

Post by Daniel07 on April 18th 2009, 3:15 pm

Daniel had been walking about agrabah for about an hour, absolutely boiling in the heat. He was wearing quite casual clothes, an old white t-shirt, a pair of old denim jeans and some sandals. Over this ensemble he was wearing a white cloak he had bought when he arrived. It was supposed to keep you cool in the heat. Did it hell. Sweat was dripping down his face, and the only reason he kept the thing on was incase there was a sandstorm or something. That and the fact he was still in the town, and the shop where he had bought the cloak was still in eyesight. His sword was hanging on his belt under his cloak, and his glove was on his left hand. He had been told to come here because his partner in the upcoming tournament was supposed to be here. Well he couldnt see her. He sighed, before pushing down his hooded cloak. The stall was out of eyesight and he wouldnt care if ti weasnt, he couldnt spend another second in that bloody thing. He threw it in a bin, before going to the next stall and buying a white hooded cape. This was better, it wasnt as bulky and the cape was made of silk, which was suprisingly comfy. He looked at the stall again, before walking back towards it. A couple of seconds and a happy deal later and Danile had a new ensamble. A white cotton shirt, black cargo pants, a new belt and some better quality sandals. He mipped into a nearby cafe, getting changed in the toilet. He threw his old clothes in a bin, before buckling his sword to his new belt. He walked outside, feeling much better. He walked to the massive wooden gates of the city, exiting towards the nearest oasis. His partner was supposed to be there. He pulled on the hooded cape, checked his sword was still by his side and started to walk through the desert.

A good half hour of marching through the middle of nowhere later he noticed a lone girl standing by an oasis. Must be his partner. He made his way over, smiling slightly. It would be best to act kind while introducing himself, before acting like a complete ass in the middle of training like he knew he would. He wasnt really good at communicating with girls, last time he had done so he sat like a veggie for about half-an-hour, only doing anything after she had left. He wouldnt make a complete fool of himself this time. As he got closer Daniel noticed the girl didnt look that much older than him. So chances are he would act like a right tit. oh well it was worth a shot. He walked forwards, smiling slightly. " Hiya Im Daniel Drennan. And you must be....." He pulled a bit of paper from hjis back pocket, looking at it carefully. " .... Azumi Cho? Anyway nice to meet you. I'm supposed to be your partner for the upcoming tournament." He smiled at her, hoping she wasnt anti-social.

40 MP
Daniel07
Daniel07

Back to top Go down

Post by Azumi Cho on April 18th 2009, 3:47 pm

Won't hide...won't hide... Azumi was nervously twitching. She kept tapping her fingers on a tree. Looking at the water, Azumi sighed. It looks so...refreshing... She smiled a bit, thinking of jumping in the water just for the heck of it.

As she turned around, the hairs on her neck stood on end. Someone was coming toward her. She instinctively clutched the tree next to her. She swallowed many times as the person came closer. Heat came to her cheeks, if such a thing was possible in a desert, when she realized that it was a guy. Of course, I never can get paired with a girl! Nii-chan and now him...oi, oh, well, he's kinda cute... Her cheeks got redder at this thought.

As Daniel said "Hello", Azumi squeaked. "Um...hello...yes, that's right, but please just call me Azumi..." Her voice trembled a little. She bobbed her head and extended her hand a little shakily.

Azumi Cho
Azumi Cho

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel07 on April 18th 2009, 4:40 pm

Daniel noticed the girl was not only hugging a tree but she was terribly nervous. He smiled, hoping to show her that he wasnt evil, blood thirsty and completely mental. But then, mentaly insane people did intend to smile alot. "Ok, Azumi. We're supposed to get along, I guess, If we want to be able to stand a chance. Most of the people competing probably know their partener and since we know..... nothing about each other, except from names, we had better just sit and talk for a while, get to know the other person. Is that ok?[/b]" He didnt bother waiting for a reply, it was kind of a rhetorical question. He pulled off his cape, laying it on the floor and sitting down on it. He made a space for Azumi, before starting to speak again.

" Ill go first I guess. Well as I said im called Daniel Drennan. Im fourteen and suck at pretty much everything. I like to think of myself as.... myself. I couldnt really say what I act like, but ive been told im friendly and smile too much. I live in Traverse Town, which is awesome because its all purple and black. Thats my favourite colour by the way. Black, not purple. But then again, black isnt really a colour, its actually a shade. I guess I should say how I fight then.... Im kinda a close combat fighter, but I suck at that. My main forte's are mid-range fighting with my wire glove,", with this he lifted up his left hand, showing his glove, "and using spells. Im in the traverse town military but im a low rank so im kinda just a pawn. I'm not the best fighter in the universe, im quite possibly one of the worst. I'd probably put my power level beside that of a samurai nobody. Which is really weak compared to some people. Anyway..... I guess its your turn. If you want" He smiled at her, hoping she would talk about herself. She was very shy though, so if she didnt he would just have to make do with her name.

40 MP
Daniel07
Daniel07

Back to top Go down

Post by Azumi Cho on April 18th 2009, 6:17 pm

Azumi looked at the boy's smile, then at his eyes. They...shine... She watched as he took a seat on the desert floor. A few seconds later, the girl followed suit. Right, why did I not think of this? Lavender eyes looked at the boy as he told his tale.

When he finished, Azumi's heart began to pound. "Um...um...as I said, name's Azumi. I'm eighteen. I came from Twilight Town Woods. I can talk to trees and look at an herb and know what its use is. I worked as a nurse's aide in Twilight Town. Nurse was like a mother to me; mine died despite my efforts to save her. I never knew my father, but I have a feeling that he was a dryad. Um, a blacksmith made me my weapon, when I lived in Twilight Town he's the closet thing I've got to a father.

"As for fighting, I don't really like to, but now I guess I must. I hope we win. I use Earth and Ink magic. I can also use Curing magic, though I haven't tried yet. My defense is pitiful, so, if we do this, we need to watch each other's backs."

Azumi finished her speech and giggled. "Very well met, Daniel." she smiled. The sun made her brown hair glow with flecks of chestnut in it.

Azumi Cho
Azumi Cho

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel07 on April 21st 2009, 2:35 pm

Well met indeed. You can talk to trees? Really? Wow that’s bloody amazing!” Daniel was pretty much stoked at this. If Azumi could talk to trees it meant that she had abilities no human could match. She had said that she wasn’t fond of fighting, which usually meant bad at it, but if she could talk to trees she would be useful in a forest type area. If he had a beard he would have been stroking it, but lack of facial hair made it creepy for him to do so. Quite a shame really. He looked back at Azumi, smiling again “ Ok, well I use the Lightning and Fire elements, and I have a minor ability in the wind element. So between us we could create a hell of a lot of havoc on the area. But MP depletion is going to be a tough one. So besides watching each others back were going to need to fight tactically. Which is quite a challenge at the best of times.” He smiled, looking at the girl again. She was quite easy to talk to. He looked down at the sand, pulling his sword out of the sheath. Using the piece of leather as a pen he quickly drew a large circle. His tactics would have to be basic so that he could use them all around. So paper tactics weren’t cutting it. He slashed through the circle, before standing up. “ Azumi, if you wouldn’t mind, could we perhaps have a little spar? It would be beneficial to our winning the tournament. If we could work out some way to get a couple of good hits in we might just have a chance. We could currently only win if we somehow worked out each fighter, their partner and their fighting style. So if we use me, a swordsman, as a basic template we could work it out. Then our only problem would be ranged fighters and mages, which are usually weak in close combat. Or we get some crossbows made, in which case we would need some shooting practice. So, if you would please?” Another smile, before he turned around, picking up his short-sword. He held it in his basic stance, one hand tucked behind his back, the other gripping his sword. His feet were balanced fifty centimetres apart, and he was leaning forward slightly. He looked like an un-protected fencer, which he basically was. If Azumi was particularly strong he would drop into his berserker stance, even though he hated it with a passion. He smiled over at Azumi again. If he was any older he would probably get labelled a paedophile, but He was quite a smiley person. Deal with it.

ooc:sorry for the wait, i was busy :P

40 MP
Daniel07
Daniel07

Back to top Go down

Post by Azumi Cho on April 21st 2009, 3:23 pm

Azumi tried not to shrink back as Daniel said the word "Fire", even though she knew Fire wasn't one element of her major concern. She did grin at Daniel's amazement at her abilities, though. She listened carefully to Daniel. What he says makes sense...though I am something of a mage type...and crossbows somehow, I feel, would not fly...with the judges... For a while, the girl stared onward, only looking at nothing, deep in thought.

When asked to spar, Azumi nodded slightly. "Very well, you do make a valid enough point to fight." Something of a smirk graced the girl's lips, but vanished in an instant. "Tsuchi Seishin, I pray I guide you well," she said as she took out a scroll-sized, khaki colored object, which showed the kanji for "Earth" on it in a deep black color. Sliding her hands around the weapon, Azumi expanded her weapon into a triple nunchuck that was slightly taller than she.

Taking her battle stance, Azumi eyed her foe. Her legs were spread out and she gripped her weapon comfortably. Seeing Daniel's smile, she returned one of her own. "May the best of us win, and I'm sorry if I hurt you..." With that Azumi swung her nunchuck at Daniel, gripping it by the end nearest to her. She whipped the weapon upwards, trying to deal another attack to the boy's head. Azumi then swung Tsuchi Seishin back towards her and caught it, taking a defensive stance.

OoC: No problem :D

Azumi Cho
Azumi Cho

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel07 on April 21st 2009, 3:50 pm

Daniel let out a small bark of laughter. He wasnt planning on getting hit. That said, he probably would. Repeatedly. He lifted his sword, before rolling out of the way. The girls second attack narrowly missed his head, he would need to work on his reaction times. "Nice. So, I guess I would attack back now. Probably something like....... this" The boy flicked his sword, before swiftly dashing forward. He stuck his blade out, pretendin to balance a cup on top of it. Precise attacks were useful here, as the more precise he hit the less, or more, damage each swing would cause. He swung at Azumis arm, pulling his blade away, a sort of trick. He threw himself backwards again, Just incase there was a counter-attack. "Ok, so i guess I would of actually hit you there, but lets just say you blocked that. Taking the role of a professional swordsman I would have quickly Elbowed you, before smashing your face on my knee. if you stayed in that postion for a milli-second longer than needed I would stab your back. Quite Dirty fighting, but it is necessary. So, thats that done. To block..... you can figure that out. Dont stop the fake, instead attack yourself. Like a sort of double suicide. Except you would have it better off. So..... Here we go!" He relt kind of bad, telling a woman four years older than him how to do basic fighting techniques, she more than likely already knew this. But hey, any trainings better than none.

He threw his sword into the air, catching it in his other hand. He held the blade away from him, a truly deadly stance. He had learned this from a video game yes, but it was suprisingly effective in real combat. He punched at Azumi, making sure the blade would fly towards her alongside it. With his other hand he created a low level fire spell. It blazed from his fingers, completely engulfing his hand. He never got used to magic, its creepy feeling of bending nature to the users will. If he could stop the feelings of apprehension from using such deadly forces of nature he might be able to make himself into a worthwile mage. But his limited magic Tank and lack of powerful spells stopped him at this level. He sighed, before placing an even lower level thunder spell over his fist, creating a ball of sparking thunder. he wasnt going to throw his new attack this early, Instead he would wait for Azumis counter attack.He pulled his sword back, Hoping Azumi would block the sweeps. If not she would be left with one messy scar.

40 MP
Daniel07
Daniel07

Back to top Go down

Post by Azumi Cho on April 21st 2009, 4:10 pm

Azumi stiffened, preparing to block or dodge the boy's charge, right when he pulled back. She just listened and watched with still, calm lavender eyes. She nodded slightly, showing that she understood. The girl remained silent, thinking to herself.

It was then that Azumi saw another attack coming towards her. A fist and a blade. Bending down to the ground, the girl swung her nunchuck around her in a semi-circle as she did so. This knocked the blade out of the air. Standing to her feet, Azumi saw fire envelop Daniel's hand; she flinched but then saw it change to a ball of lightning. Nothing happened as of yet.

Azumi looked at Daniel. She spun around in a circle, attacking Daniel in a circle. She jabbed at the boy, following it up with slashes to his chest and shin. Her eyes were watching and waiting.

Azumi Cho
Azumi Cho

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum