Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
suck on my magnum dongOctober 18th 2018, 9:25 pmGemini
It's my birthday.October 4th 2018, 8:20 pmGemini
EWSeptember 9th 2018, 3:53 amGemini
Statistics
We have 3557 registered usersThe newest registered user is Shirou Seeker of DucknessOur users have posted a total of 143985 messagesin 12543 subjects

Go down
Leo

Activity Boost (Need input)

on August 28th 2016, 8:34 am
Hello everyone. I was looking through some old messages, some with members that registered way back in the day, over 8 years ago! Wow, that's a long time for a site to be up. This is the place where I fell in love with writing all over again, and the first place where I began to RP in this form. So, with that being said, let's see some life surge back through these old bones. What are your ideas to boost activity? I may be speaking out of turn, but I would love to see this place up and running again like it once was. With a little bit of work and some time dedicated from the awesome members here, we can make that happen! Whadya say? Who's with me?

.....*awkward silence*

Date Joined: September 3, 2007  https://kingdomhearts.forumotion.net/t6153-leo-s-post-count#55808

140 Max Magic

Founder of the Guardians of Restoration
The Ruthless Guardian of Storms
Paul:)

Re: Activity Boost (Need input)

on August 29th 2016, 6:27 am
I'd like to see activity here too, but the site doesn't have the community nor the current effort from it's owner/staff to really stand up. Not to say Yima  doesn't want the place to succeed, it's just that without him constantly working on it-- this site will never properly run. And I don't have the experience to build it up alone. Hence why previous efforts keep diminishing and/or failing. Not only that, but KHRPG has been out of commission for a very long time at this point and it'll be that much harder even if he and a group of people did come together to fix it again.
Felonix

on August 29th 2016, 10:29 am
I don't know if we still have the capability, but about 4 or 5 years ago I had fallen inactive for a while and received an email in an email blast that brought me back.. Any chance we could try that again?

Yima

on August 29th 2016, 8:39 pm
For this place to become an active website again a few things have to happen in my mind.

~A framework for standards and expectations roleplaying on this site that is easy to access, and fair while being conscious of the history this place has accumulated, which looking back was not a overall pretty or kind history above, or below the surface.  That system has to be dynamic as well as consistent enough to be a stable set of standards people can rely on as opposed to the revolutionary style that has taken precedence in more recent history.  Without this there isn't something to come back to and readily engage in.

~Concise history of the universe unique to this website that allows users to become and remain well informed which will allow them to immerse themselves much more readily.  

~Staff that follow the rules, are consistent, communicate often, and operate with a common vision of what the collective goals of the staff are as opposed to prioritizing personal ones.

To accomplish a rekindling those involved would also need a few things so their desire to see a good outcome is achievable.

~Time that they want to consistently spend working on the website; I have moved into a low action mode for a variety of personal reasons seeing the scope of what would need to be done long term for this website to have a chance at strategically keeping future generations of users the tools they need to move forward.  

~The people who would work on it would all need a common vision for the outcome otherwise they are going to work against each other and in that it'll most likely fail; the devil is in the details as it were.

~Being willing to deal with all the baggage that goes with this place in a healthy manner; based on prior attempts it is also likely that we would meet opposition there are people that don't wanna see this place up and running again outside of their visions of it if they even still care I couldn't know.

~Know that the likelihood of an old member coming back to rp in any serious way for any extent of time is unrealistic and that a new user base would have to be brought in and raised up; I came to this conclusion over time talking to a fair number of down to earth members past so it's how I see it.

That vision I just mentioned is key because what we do here is a form of expression and what tools/parameters given to users will in part dictate what the most likely outcomes are.  

example: The word choice to explain rules will set a tone for how they will be interpreted etc.

Those are just tools, what themes will we put out there for other people to experience, what values, and lessons will be built into the system that would be in place as well as site plots.  In the case of world leaders, how will they interact, what devices will be there for them to use readily, war is a given with kingdom hearts because of the violent world it is when you get down to it.  

In the case that we do get it just the way we want there would be changes down the road, people move on, and power eventually changes hands in a dynamic system so what tools do we leave behind for people to make changes that aren't inherently upending to the in character aspect of the site; are the rules living or dead.

"There is a fine line between genius and insanity; I use it as a jumping rope"

Feel free to send me any feedback you have about site and or ideas.  ^_^

If you have a topic that you want to discus at length to improve the site please do so in the suggestion section so we can all be a part and move forward from there together.

An Amv I Like

on August 30th 2016, 6:28 am
If we are aiming for a new member-base and starting from the ground up, should we really incorporate old history? I think one of the more substantial problems we face everytime we try and get this place running is that we're attempting to hold onto a history that has long since been abandoned. The history could be there in the characters that remain, but overall, we could easily do the canon history fresh and promote whatever we wanted.

Mass emailing would be an interesting idea, but if we're aiming to enlist a new generation it might not have positive effects. I'd still be down for it though.
Felonix

on August 30th 2016, 8:43 am
Honestly (and not to pull the whole "my idea rox" crap, just being honest), I think if we aim for a new user base, then what I've done with Felonix is about the extent of what needs to be done with the Old Universe. (For those unfamiliar, basically "The Old Universe was being destroyed, came through a portal, now I'm in the New Universe" deal.) Not saying there aren't other ways to incorporate it, but if new members are the goal, it can't be the focus.

Yima

on August 30th 2016, 6:02 pm
The current past aside without keeping track of what happens forward that will not be readily available for future generations; my plan personally is to have the new system when it would be finished take hold at the end of this dream time we are in (our dream drop as it were).

As for drawing back old members at large, I don't see it happening in a sustainable way.

If you have a topic that you want to discus at length to improve the site please do so in the suggestion section so we can all be a part and move forward from there together.

An Amv I Like

on August 31st 2016, 7:48 pm
Sadly, this is the case Fel, they don't want to be here. If we do aim for a new generation, your 5k+ WC post can be placed in the history of your character and you'll gladly be able to continue your story onward. As a vet, new people will flock to read it regardless of what happens. But yeah, I understand the distaste-- however, steering towards a more beautiful future is all we really have right now.
Leo

on September 2nd 2016, 3:45 pm
I believe that we all have to be on the same page and bring what we can to the table. That being said, we need our leader to lead us to what he feels is the appropriate vision and we will fall in line and do whatever we can to help and to assist in the reviving of this old place.

I would suggest scrapping the main history of the site and starting over with a clean sleight. I think 8 years of Leo's shenanigans is long enough and it's time he retired to some beach some where.

If we want to focus on new members, we need to make this a new site. We need fresh faces, and that extends even to us. We could retire our old accounts and start over. Out with the old, in with the new.

Yima, I know that you have your personal reasons as to why you have slowed your activity, but if this place is going to survive or have a fighting chance of coming back to life, the staff, especially you being the head admin , needs to decide that you're on board.

I'm in if y'all are. This place use to be a blast to RP on and I fully believe it could be that same way once again. I'm willing to do whatever I can to help you guys out.

Date Joined: September 3, 2007  https://kingdomhearts.forumotion.net/t6153-leo-s-post-count#55808

140 Max Magic

on September 3rd 2016, 7:57 am
Agreed.

As for our site's traffic, it doesn't really do as much as you might think. I'm down to work on whatever you guys want me too. So ultimately, it's just up to Yima on where to go with this.
Yima

on September 3rd 2016, 9:07 pm
Last I checked was perhaps three months ago and we got about 10 none bots a day but that varies so I see a potential there, well even if it was just 5 there still is a chance to invite some good people in to start enjoying the shared experience.

Whether or not we utilize the site history in any fashion we will need a good system for the new users to utilize and since you both seem interested perhaps it would be good to make you staff and start sharing that work load.  I would like this place to be something good for people.  

My thoughts on dropping the old history align at the moment with using it as a long gone dark age leaving behind ruins that can help to enrich the world as it would be after a grand awakening and we can have well established characters be long gone legends and unknowns that will no longer see play.  

There is the option to start anew in one fashion or another though I would rather mill that one over a bit longer before assigning it my vote.  Priority in a functioning website should come first I believe.

An Amv I Like

on September 4th 2016, 12:49 pm
A bigger staff would actually do wonders, since Xern doesn't do anything even when he is around. On the upside to retaining history, it could be done. But I think a cleaned up forum is more refreshing than one with topics dating back over a year ago or etc.
Yima

on September 4th 2016, 6:40 pm
It would, if you guys are up for it post here, and it will be done.

An Amv I Like
Felonix

on September 5th 2016, 3:22 am
I definitely don't mind helping out around the site, but I'm not sure what I would be able to do outside it. I don't have the web presence I once did lol.

As for the history, I still (personally) like the alternate universe theory, but that would close it off. Making it "long ago" does allow us to keep and utilize it. Either way, Felonix is "in charge" of Castle Oblivion, so I don't mind sharing the lore in a Zexion-but-not-Zexion's-Power sort of way lol. (I.e. The fallen from grace war hero with stories of the past/alternate reality)

Leo

on September 5th 2016, 10:41 am
Again, I'm down to help in any way possible. :)

140 Max Magic

Yima

on September 5th 2016, 6:50 pm
I like the idea of it being closed off for characters that have been established in play.

Good to hear, I am gonna start getting things together tonight.

An Amv I Like

on September 5th 2016, 10:21 pm
Just lay down a list of what you need me doing, and I'll work it into my schedule, I'm busy but I should be able to contribute quite a bit if I get things in a habit of not slowing down for myself lol.
Leo

on September 7th 2016, 11:00 am
Yima, or Olek, contact me and let me know what yall need me to do.

I haven't been on in a couple days because me and my wife and baby have been on our first family vacation to the beach about an hour away, I'm back at work for the day and then I'll be back at the beach until Friday. But shoot me a message or let me know on here and I'll jump on it :)

140 Max Magic

Yima

on September 7th 2016, 11:12 am
You'll see stuff pop up in the staff section so feel free to nab a project when you are up for it.

An Amv I Like
Leo

on September 7th 2016, 4:27 pm
Yessir will do :)

140 Max Magic

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum