Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
suck on my magnum dongOctober 18th 2018, 9:25 pmGemini
It's my birthday.October 4th 2018, 8:20 pmGemini
EWSeptember 9th 2018, 3:53 amGemini
Statistics
We have 3557 registered usersThe newest registered user is Shirou Seeker of DucknessOur users have posted a total of 143985 messagesin 12543 subjects

Go down
Yima

KHRP Podcast 2

on April 16th 2016, 11:22 pm

Topics: System on system creation, world attrition, timeline, advertising, and groups.

"There is a fine line between genius and insanity; I use it as a jumping rope"

Feel free to send me any feedback you have about site and or ideas.  ^_^

If you have a topic that you want to discus at length to improve the site please do so in the suggestion section so we can all be a part and move forward from there together.

An Amv I Like
Etzolix

Re: KHRP Podcast 2

on April 17th 2016, 2:50 am
Concerning counter magic:

If someone has more of a resource and has a spell based on shutting down abilities, they're always going to remove options of those with less of said resource. That's the inherent effect of having more power.

One of the largest flaws of the older system was that, regardless of how proficient you were in magic, everyone shared the same cap, meaning someone with the lowest magical stat could negate a mage's largest resource.

Other than that, the drawback for using counter magic was limiting yourself to your own physical attributes, which means against a group, you're generally at a disadvantage. You also wouldn't carelessly negate against someone who was at your level, unless you were completely competent that your physical abilities could overtake theirs. And the only reason that was plausible was because of the aforementioned flaw in mp allocation.

While there is an argument for the old, autohitting nature of countermagic, it over all wasn't as powerful as people made it out to be. It was just extraordinarily effective in a 1v1 environment and shut down people hard. Otherwise, it was used exactly as intended, a last resort where you needed to use it, e.g. Ansemthegreat's and I's fight.

In this cold reality,
I made this selfish war machine.
Occam

on April 17th 2016, 11:23 pm
I've tried holding this back for so long because of my anger and revelations that are the accumulation of my time on KH.

This podcast fucking triggered me and the backwards thinking is trash.

on April 18th 2016, 8:40 am
Excuse me?
Occam

on April 18th 2016, 9:57 am
I don't need to explain myself.

This is fucking trash and the only reason why my time was not wasted here was because of the people I met.

on April 18th 2016, 10:05 am
Don't get rude.

What has this site done to you lmao? You're mad because it's doing better now or something? I don't see how a podcast could trigger you. You're like a grown man, and this is just an RP website where people can express their creativity. Chill dude. Keep acting sore and I'll have to delete your comments or take your actions up with the other staff. As a friend, I'm trying to ask you to calm down and respect the other people here who've been making efforts to clean up and work for the better futures. I.e. Some of your friends.
Etzolix

on April 18th 2016, 10:36 am
RIP counter magic discussion.

In this cold reality,
Lenneth
The La Vaeas of Darkness

on April 18th 2016, 9:07 pm
While I was never a fan of magic negation I do believe it has its own place for specific niche simply for the cause of undoing magic as a specificity and that the theme of erase is viable that shouldn't be taken away from people for past experiences. Abuse while troubling back then we know now how it deal with it and punish it if it gets out of hand. As for its auto hit issue I can see us then going around it by treating Erasing type abilities having the normal limits of magic, making the erasing ability have a range, method of transfer, speed, area of effect etc something viable to react to rather then instant like its been done before.

Other ways I would like to see is that magic is adjust better to fit the stats that are now layed out. Like for example a a person with a higher affinity for magic would have more mana and have stronger base spell effects vs someone who isn't as invested into it. For example a fireball hitting from someone with a 5 affinity in magic vs the same spell, same cost etc from a person with a 10 magic stat, having the higher level caster's spell beating out the apprentice's but still slowing the attack down and weakening it from the impact.

This then would fall in line the other traits of the other stats. For example with say a person with 3 strength being between in a arm wrestle with a person with a 7 in strength or a person with a higher speed stat winning a race against the slower once.

In the past the real issue was Mana=Mana regardless of investment into magic and everyone had the same amount of mana in the end regardless of affinity, which never made sense.

The example which one person was beating out a topic of newer players didn't really make sense to me cause He would have built himself up more so with other rps so I felt it made more sense he could in that incidence, it was likely a dick move and him being mean person killing the topic but in character wise i felt it was within his right to be able to do. Not that he or she should have though idealistically.

Also negation shouldn't count towards each person separately if someone uses it in a ground setting it should be the culmination of mana vs his attempted to erase stuff.

Another thing from that is that I feel a lot of mistrust from older higher level players abuses back then when i heard the examples we've all been through that but they are gone. The highest level characters for this now of the site in my opinion would be Tyler kia and Joseph if going by age or how long they've built up their characters now (Pending whatever changes are happening system wise) and i don't believe anyone from that generations would do anything like that knowing how it felt to be done on them. They would lead now to the example of how to treat our fellow writers as well being more experienced.

Combinations with magic I also don't agree with the point presented in the pod cast, throwing stuff together for very unorthodox attacks feels naturally in a creative environment where anything can and should happen and doesn't need to follow the linear codes of say a video game. So I don't think we should limit people able to think of different ways to use their creations.

Physical special attacks, sleights I am hoping for this have its own special effects that make it different from magic cause if we are using it directly from the games...i don't feel its going to make a lot of sense in this media. In the games they were more action commands of normal attacks infused with special powers cause of limited lines of code, sliding dash, Arc Acraum were mostly just physical attacks. In a video game we're limited to the actions programmed in, in rps we can write whatever physical attacks or motions we want so limiting that with slots I don't think will make them practically at all unless there are special properties going into our slotted physical abilities.

Sleights and spells could be able to interact and effect each other, just saying

Death has meaning-Agreed

Resurrection is hard and can have lasting negative effects if not enough effort is put back into the story-agreed

Yima loves his gummi ships-Normal

Dives of heart-agreed

Different accounts for different characters- agreed

Groups- Omg your were all my student...stop making feel old ><

on April 19th 2016, 3:51 am
I see Yima taking sleights on with an approach that will rival the use of negate magic. Sleights were definitely non-magical but dealt high damage, it could be that he's making them for those characters who find themseves in a hole and all they can turn to is their raw skill, in which case they could start whipping accelerated speed movements or even cracking the ground beneath them via their keyblades or etc. Though, I do see where you're going with that Len. This was the first I heard of him doing a sleight thing, so I'm interested in seeing the finalization as well.
Etzolix

on April 19th 2016, 1:05 pm
Negation magic was only broken because of the things I mentioned. And that completely undervalues that it was prominently used against people weaker than the user. Nothing wrong with being powerful.

Reiterating since my comment went ignored~

In this cold reality,
Paul:)

on April 19th 2016, 3:03 pm
I saw what you mentioned-- but that had nothing to do with what I assume sleights are for. It only makes sense that someone would turn to their raw skills, techniques and all, when they can't display magic abilities. Again, it's an assumption and I personally don't know what those might be for. It could just be something for non-magic users to patten down on. Idk.
Etzolix

on April 19th 2016, 6:12 pm
Everything would just be pseudo magic, to justify having something that cannot be negated, which doesn't necessarily make sense.

For example, Etzolix's serpent tongue? It makes sense why that can't be negated, it'd part of his body. That'd be a physical attribute. So, I can imagine physical abilities in that sense, but hard to stretch it further without proper justification.

To hopefully explain my position more clearly:

It's easier to balance one system, than it is to balance two. Between multiple systems, there will always be a better, more efficient one.

In this cold reality,
Ace Kageki

on April 19th 2016, 6:49 pm
I have to agree personally, but this is the first I heard of a technique thing and I was merely shooting ideas as to what Yima was getting at or is doing. ~

on April 19th 2016, 6:51 pm
S'all good, just tossing my opinion's around. ^^

In this cold reality,
Yima

on April 20th 2016, 6:28 pm
Opinions are tasty like the greenest of salads with lots of pickled beets. x3

If you have a topic that you want to discus at length to improve the site please do so in the suggestion section so we can all be a part and move forward from there together.

An Amv I Like
Etzolix

on April 20th 2016, 6:30 pm
Yeh, yeh. Obvs. do you, just wanted to help w/ discussion and differently developed perspectives.

In this cold reality,
Yima

on April 20th 2016, 6:31 pm
Mainly just excited to hear about them. ^^

A lot of valid points, concerns, and ideas have been made inside and outside this topic; they are appreciated and help the process.

An Amv I Like
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum