Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
suck on my magnum dongOctober 18th 2018, 9:25 pmGemini
It's my birthday.October 4th 2018, 8:20 pmGemini
EWSeptember 9th 2018, 3:53 amGemini
Statistics
We have 3557 registered usersThe newest registered user is Shirou Seeker of DucknessOur users have posted a total of 143985 messagesin 12543 subjects

Go down
Ander

You know what would be cool~

on January 14th 2016, 3:29 pm
If we had one of those VIP systems, that allowed us to move up in reputation and gave us cool little banner things under our name.

Also if we had a basic clan structure set up, so that our OCs could have relations if they so chose.

Re: You know what would be cool~

on January 14th 2016, 6:30 pm
Aside generic communist banners, what would  reputation provide?

In this cold reality,
I made this selfish war machine.
Yima

on January 14th 2016, 11:46 pm
Would you explain a bit more about the desire behind the clan structure suggestion, the core target I mean.

"There is a fine line between genius and insanity; I use it as a jumping rope"

Feel free to send me any feedback you have about site and or ideas.  ^_^

If you have a topic that you want to discus at length to improve the site please do so in the suggestion section so we can all be a part and move forward from there together.

An Amv I Like
Ander

on January 15th 2016, 10:13 am
@Etzolix
Reputation points could establish fame among the worlds, gaining a real reputation might be more fun than just saying people have heard of you. Etc, etc.

@Yima
It could link people's backstories and give them faster connections which would lead to rping quests, getting to know each other, and establishing "real" love or friendship among the member's characters. Besides, they wouldn't be required to do any of it, but it might be there to help them or others who are starting out and want to know people instead of making threads that get no activity and stuff.

on January 15th 2016, 9:30 pm
What would you see as the best measure of rep?

When you talk about a structure are we talking power structure or hierarchy?

If you have a topic that you want to discus at length to improve the site please do so in the suggestion section so we can all be a part and move forward from there together.

An Amv I Like
Ander

on January 16th 2016, 7:01 am
Honestly haven't thought that through, but I guess it could go hand in hand with RP posts, giving out a small nunber. Or in times of crisis, we could label a world attack as an event or something and let people get much more reps in that way-- same for tournaments or just public sparring between members.
As far as ranking up goes, we could give out letter ranks, and let them choose their own title for the banners they receive or etc.

Definitely a heirarchy, but I guess over time if it got strong enough the clan or organizations would have both their own heirarchy and power structure.

on January 16th 2016, 8:44 am
The reputation would be for npc attentions from what i have read which isn't a bad idea, do you think some worlds would award more than others if it were by post count?

I have been looking into bringing forth a representative position(s) for pcs in worlds similar to world leaders but with moderately different pretenses, the void your seeking to fill, would that be what has caused the void?

An Amv I Like
Etzolix

on January 16th 2016, 8:58 am
Just woke up, excuse my typos / bad writing pls thx.
=========

Not particularly fond of either idea, since they seem like a superficial way to add depth, when it's really about validation.
Anyway, I don't oppose it enough to actively fight against it, but I'd rather an automated system, than a manual one. Manual systems have proven to never succeed once there is a large enough user base.

I don't think clans make sense. It seems like you'd just put your clan in the organization forum, or whatever it's called now. Shared abilities and relations can be part of it. Having a completely dedicated forum to something that specific seems like it'd be taking up space.

Otherwise, I don't see how you can't already make clans and etc. etc.

In this cold reality,
Ander

on January 16th 2016, 10:31 am
Yee, I feel like the clan thing could go with normal organizations too, after thinking about it.

I still think a reputation system could be cool though, regardless. The user base isn't that large and if it was the system can always be dropped; ttebds chabge and sites get rid of old stuff all the time. We'd just be trying out something new for a bit. Like a beta version or something.

The site currently has no judicial systems intact anyways, it could work to appeal a little if it had some backbone put into place.

on January 16th 2016, 1:41 pm
Are you talking ic, occ, or both for the judicial system?

An Amv I Like
Ander

on January 16th 2016, 5:39 pm
Both

on January 16th 2016, 6:25 pm
For the ooc are we talking like approvals, revealing of the tos, and stuff liek that?

An Amv I Like
Ander

on January 16th 2016, 7:47 pm
Yee, but I understand that the site doesn't have the memberbase just yet. But I was speaking in generally, that it doesn't have any systems in place. Except for the unofficial stat thing Etz made.

on January 16th 2016, 9:00 pm
I might be misunderstanding, but are you using the reputation system to be synonymous with a more structured competitive system from before?

I'm just trying to understand the concept you're suggesting, so I can contribute to the conversation in a productive way. My original interpretation of your proposition was just a, "I join I get the Novice title, I get 100 posts I get the Adept title" and the like.

In this cold reality,
Ander

on January 17th 2016, 6:39 am
No, no, no.

That is not what I'm saying. I mean the site lacks any systems whatsoever, so adding a reputation system would put more flavor in. No where did I mean for it to come off as a battle system. More so a fame thing. Mostly because I like making my characters famous, always have. But if it were intact for everyone that would be REALLY cool. The reputation system would be more for social benefits and help with world politics if the website ever went back to that.

I was just suggesting it for the social aspects, apologies if I came off the other way.

on January 17th 2016, 11:15 am
The idea is interesting though perhaps I should talk about what I have been working on on and off.  

A system for helping people manage the growth of their characters specifically.  As people post in rps the receive growth points that they can decide to use in increasing statistics, gain abilities, or items of great worth.  This serves to put a mindset of earning what one has as opposed to being owed what one doesn't have.  This also allows people to grow at a rate more in their control for what makes sense for their character (with exception to people that wanna grow faster than the projected growth would allow).  Still working on some of the finer details but that is the sum of it's parts.

An Amv I Like
Ander

on January 17th 2016, 12:23 pm
You have my attention, can you tell us more? Does everyone move at the same pace, or their own? :o

Would this mean that abilities and items would be scaled and approved? Because I'm interested in earning and going through approval processes, but then that would mean people would be under some form of ability guidelines as well right?

on January 18th 2016, 9:14 pm
Abilities are broken up into familiar families, sources of energy are slightly more varied, and what i meant earlier by at their own pace is when you get these growth points you decide when it is appropriate to utilize them of that character's story. A year of consistent role play would mean an end game character and approvals are something I am looking toward; this aspect would mean it couldn't be an automated system entirely though which comes with it's weaknesses as does the other way around.

An Amv I Like
Ander

on January 19th 2016, 6:00 am
Sounds interesting, can't wait to see the official thing.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum