Aching For Adventure! (Open)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Aching For Adventure! (Open)

Post by Kia on January 12th 2016, 11:08 pm

Kia walked out of the Miyamoto household with her three brothers right beside her. "Are you really going to carry that staff around? I mean this is the first time you got it out of the closet!" Her brother Hidenori asked her, shaking his head. He was the one that gave her the staff and yet she feels bad about putting it in her closet. Kia shrugged adjusting her backpack strap not wanting to look into her brother's eyes; Her younger brother Makoto smiled trying to brighten up the mood, "You know what? Kotaro and I are going to prank my teacher today! Even thought Kotaro is in your grade, Kia." The nine year old said. Kia had three brothers: Hidenori, the eldest age seventeen, Naoki, the sort of middle child and the silent one age 15, and then there is Makoto. Kia also had a little sister too named Ayako but she was a baby and was still teething. Naoki muttered something that Kia didn't here, The girl sighed and looked at all of her brothers. "Well it's for show and tell, I needed something but since Ayako tore up my gingerbread house I had to bring it." She said.

They finally made it to the school and suddenly, Kia looked out to the island. She suddenly remembered on her eleventh birthday when her and her family were having a campfire there and when Makoto challenged her to find a papou fruit. Kia accepted the challenge and went to the cove to find it but she sees a strange man standing there asking her if she wanted to see other worlds. Kia looked back at her brothers, they were socializing with their friends and not paying any attention to her, Clutching her staff she sneaked away from them and ran to the island.

It took at least 20 or 10 minutes to get there, Kia's knees felt weak and she collapsed on the sand. Breathing really hard she started to smile, She had never skipped school before. Kia stood up and looked at the ocean, Well I don't have any friends, but even if I did they would never care if I was gone.. She thought with a sigh. Kia had her long light brown hair in low pigtails with white ribbons holding them up, She had on the uniform every girl at school had to wear. Kia was a loner at school and only hung around her brothers friends, but they didn't like her. Kia heard footsteps behind her, she picked up her staff and didn't face the stranger. "I know I'm not suppose to be here, but you aren't gonna tell on me, are you?"

Kia

RP Words : 0
Munny : 103

Back to top Go down

Re: Aching For Adventure! (Open)

Post by Ander on January 13th 2016, 9:48 am

"Why would I do that? You came here for a reason, so did I. We should attend to those reasons, right?"

A tall man said to the girl from behind her, on his back was a bat-like object. Though, he was more of a hand-to-hand type of fighter nowadays. The man was Ander, a warrior beginning to exit his teenaged years, an explorer of worlds. He was nothing like his older incarnations, but then again. Everything gets better with age.

The guy stood at six foot, one inch. With a rounded jaw-line and well kept orangish-brown hair. His outfit was decorated with leather and cloth. His decor definitely wasn't each-boy material; as most's was.

"I like to see the beach, I find it relaxing. . . What's your name?"

said the warrior, as the words left his lips. He walked up and past her, to examine the ocean. His head tilting to hear her comment. He was curious about her. Intrigued, her staff didn't seem to phase him. As if he'd seen them everyday of his life. And that was partially true. But something about this kid just clicked. She was like a distant memory. Had they met somewhere?

Ander

Munny : 381

Back to top Go down

Post by Kia on January 16th 2016, 8:55 pm

((I'm so sorry this took so long! It's been a bad couple of days!!!))

...What? Kia slowly turned around and thought the voice belonged to one of Naoki's friends who followed right after her, but this sounded more like an old stranger than a secondary school student. In her view stood a tall young man with orange and a hint of brown color in his hair. The Island girl had never seen anyone look like him, or even dress like him since most of the villagers walked around in shorts and sandals, due to humid weather of course. Why would someone wear leather on a hot day? This man was definitely not a villager, maybe a tourist? Why was he talking to her? Kia paid these questions no mind, seeing that he was much older than she, she lowered her head and bowed. It was disrespectful to ask too many questions to a young adult, children must be 'seen and not heard' and respect elders when present. But this man was no elder, but even older strangers were suppose to be respected. "Uh-Um, yes sir," Kia stuttered, no older person would ever ask her a question regarding her well-being (Other than her parents) so it was strange that this stranger wasn't taking her back to the school and reporting her to the officials."Um, thank you for not reporting me..."

The man inquired her about her name, even commenting on the state of the beach as he walked past her. Kia studied him, other than not looking like the average Islander, this man was built (She's seen built men before, but they were bulky and took steroids to enhance their muscles) but it was a different kind of built... Built in a way that, he's seen and been through everything... "Kia Miyamoto!" Kia piped up, turning back around to walk toward him with her staff in her hands. She wanted to know more about this mysterious stranger, hopefully, he wasn't like the cloaked man she encountered on her 11th birthday. "7th grade, not that you would care hehe... What is your name? Are you from here?? I've never seen anyone wear leather on the Islands, not on hot days anyway! What are you doing on Seashore? Are you a Tourist-? Not that I would care or anything!!! Why is your hair brown and orange? Did your hair products go wrong??? AND HOW DID YOU GET SO BUILT!? Do you live on papou fruits and coconut water!?" Kia gasped when she realized that her questions were inappropriate, she quickly bowed. "I apologize for the inappropriate questions sir," The tanned blonde apologized, her head lowering to show more respect. "I hope these questions don't ruin your stay in Destiny Islands!" She tilted her head up and slowly started straightening up. "I've never seen anyone like you before, Destiny Islands isn't that big of a place, so I know about every face..."

Kia

Back to top Go down

Post by Ander on January 17th 2016, 7:18 am

Ander watched the waves splash up to his shoes, it would slide past hin just barely, wetting his boots. The sun was beaming, the girl had made fair points about the warm weather. This place was scorching, but when you trained in even more hellish climates than this, adapting to beaches became sweet icing, on a much deserved cake. Or something like that.~

"Kia-- sweet name. I'm Ander Dezden, I came from... a port town a long time ago. But I can hardly call that my home anymore. I travel a lot you see. And--"

The boy turned to meet her gaze with a funny smile. Realizing they both had started to ramble. Good laughs were always welcome, this girl had a flamboyant aura to her, that shyness he'd caught wind of at first dissipated with the first winds of the seashore.

"Ah, don't worry about it. Kids will be kids, am I right? Anyways, I wear lots of leather because outside the protection of these islands. Monsters are always ready to pounce, and with no one to stop them-- a few people, typically those who seek adventure. Rise up to meet the call; some even gain the power to eradicate them and send them back to their own realm. But I haven't gotten that, truth is. You have to be extra good to get that kind of power. They call the monsters heartless, and those who vanquish them-- Keyblade Masters."

The boy said as he studied the girl's eye movements, attempting to read how she took this information. Certainly a tale of monsters and heroes would seem like poppycock. Ander wouldn't blame her if she ran for the hills screaming pedophile now that he really thought about his meddling. People were supoosed to be ignorant to the worlds afterall.

"... Oh built? As in my physique? To be fair, there are others out there-- way bigger than me. Stronger too. But I did get this way from training, if you'd like I could give you a few pointers or something? It's no problem of mine to help ya out."

Ander said as he inspected himself. He then rubbed his head. And chimed up rather collectedly. "Oh right, my hair. Honestly I'm not sure. It used to be darker when I was your age, but it bleached in the sun I guess. I've kept it clean, but it's definitely turning oranger by the days."

The tall warrior then brought a finger to his lips. "Why does this all seem so familiar. Have we met? I can swear we haven't, but... Hmmm."

Ander

Back to top Go down

Post by Kia on January 20th 2016, 7:27 pm

Ander Dedzen... It was an odd name, but odd and unique perked the naive Island girl's interests. Everything odd and unusual was sometimes looked down upon, but Kia always liked the odd and unusual. The man explained that he came from a port town which he could hardly call home because he traveled a lot, The dark blonde was confused. Why would someone need to travel around a lot? Destiny Islands was a relatively small place, there needn't be any further travel... The man turned to her, and she felt her face glowing hot so she turned away to look at the waves once more to distract herself. He's just trying to be polite, just try to smile? She thought, clutching onto her silver staff. The dark blonde islander turned to Ander and attempted a small smile, which fell flat.

Kia was relieved when he spoke again, he had so many interesting things to say. Such as why he needed protection from the- "Monsters?" The thirteen year old asked, widening her eyes in alarm. "And kids will be kids, but I'm no kid-- I'M THIRTEEN YEARS OLD!" She exclaimed, childishly stomping her feet in the sand, doing her best to prove that she wasn't a child. Everything he was saying just didn't add up, monsters and keyblade masters? What was all this he was talking about. "Heartless? Keyblade Masters? You've turned from really cool to crazy..." The dark blonde took a few steps from the adventurer and held Hamako close to her as if she were trying to fend for herself. "Even if what  you're saying about adventurers and keyblades is true, it's hard to believe you... Wearing leather in hot weather because of  'monsters' is silly, you can get a heatstroke!" Kia was more worried than afraid of Ander.

"Well, maybe..." Kia replied, eyeing him warily. "Even though you know my name, I'm not sure if I should get lessons from a stranger..." The Islander uncomfortably bit her lip, this situation was becoming more and more awkward.  "No, we don't know each other, I've never seen you before and Ah well look at the time! I should be in class, bye!!!" Quickly gathering her bookbag from the sand, she lowered her head and ran past Ander towards the village.

Kia

Back to top Go down

Post by St. Elmo on January 20th 2016, 7:47 pm

Aching? No, the feeling when you suddenly realize the object you're clutching is extremely hot. So hot that it starts to feel cold. Freezing. Not a shivering freezing but a stagnant one. The shivering is not from the cold, but trembling from the anxiety. Hyper-aware. Everything twitches. Everything buzzes. Movement like an ant, but more unnatural. There is nothing natural about silence. So quiet that it's screaming. Blood-curdling. The wails of legions of Hell. Hell has fire. Hell would be brighter.

Seeing and not seeing at the same time. Immersed completely in black, but still looking upon the shore. The sun shone above and the wave crashed around, but the only light was two faint glows that pierced the obsidian. The only sound was the rhythmic thumping that could barely be noticed beneath the piercing white noise of silence.

The NovaShadow rose.

[14:48:36] Cool : Sorry for being a bitch earlier guys

St. Elmo

Munny : 555

Back to top Go down

Post by Ander on January 20th 2016, 8:59 pm

Ander had hoped he wouldn't come off as aweirdo, but obviously, he'd failed. He could read emotions fairly well, and Kia sounded off plenty of negatives for him to think about. Perhaps he should be more weary when giving out information to commoners. Honestly, for once he was in the wrong and he'd have to accept that the girl would probably know him as a creep for the rest of her life... Damn, but at the very least he'd killed some time and that was good. It was nearly his scheduled leave from this planet-- and it would've been lame of he didn't start up 'some' type of conversation... After a deep sigh, Ander walked down the shoreline towards the village that the blonde had taken off in.

"Well... I guess that could've been better, but eh. If it's outta my hands, then it's outta my hands.~"

The young man's head would raise up as he redirected his attention onto something more mundane. He began to to recount the things he'd done and events he'd experienced prior to tgis evening.  The sun Illuminated his face as he did so, where he then pulled up a cloth mask to his lower face, not for any particular reason. His head lowered again. The ocean and sky seemed to be so pure, intangible to touch. But real all in the same, there were times when Ander wished his existence could be intangible like that. Forever alive. But untouchable. Fame and reknown were always eye-candy for the warrior. Speaking of which, he really wanted a lolipop right about now, too bad he ran out earlier... Oh well-- with a shrug the male started his final expedition of the beach.

He'd be leaving soon, might as well explore on the way to his ship.~

Ander

Back to top Go down

Post by Kia on January 20th 2016, 9:17 pm

Walking towards the school, the young dark blonde stopped and looked right behind her. Seeing that Ander was out of earshot, she hopped down the stairs and walked towards the center of the village. The thirteen year old had encountered a weirdo like Ander before, on her eleventh birthday a cloaked man mentioned things such as 'keyblades' and heartless'. Why were nutters attracted to her? It was an arrogant and cocky thing to think, but thankfully she was away. Kia turned around and saw that the school gates were still open, but none of the students were in sight. Kia never arrived to class late, the consequences for tardiness were moderately severe. The thought of these consequences made Kia turn back around and run towards the village.

Panting, the Island girl hunched over and dropped her staff, placing her hands on her knees to take a breath. As she lifted her head, she saw a dark silhouette. It wasn't unusual seeing anyone of another mythical race since Destiny Islands were a mixed haven, she decided to smile and approach the silhouette. Picking up Hamako, she walked towards the person as they begun to rose... "Um, excuse me?" She started, still walking towards the... wait a second... Before they could do anything else, Kia took her phone out of her bag and put it in camera mode. The Islander has never seen anything like this before, a dark creature with bright eyes and horns!? The ignorance in this young teenager was astounding as the bright light flashed out of the small mobile electronic. A loud shutter echoed throughout the empty village square as Kia snapped the photo...

Kia

Back to top Go down

Post by St. Elmo on January 20th 2016, 9:47 pm

Both unaware of any ground below and feeling the sharp needle of each grain of sand. Hearing nothing and reeling from the voice of a little girl exploding inside. The NovaShadow looked through the human before it, twisting its head to the side in a twitch. Tremors shook through its entire body, vibrating its clawed hands.

An open mouth... Perhaps somewhere deep down, a cry wanted to surface. A feral wail. A vicious growl. A whimper for help. The warmth of the heart before the Heartless was almost enough to cause any sort of sensation beside agony. Desire rocked the creature on its heels as it shook once more. Then, in the blink of an eye, it leaped forward, reaching, attempting to claw its way into the child's chest.

[14:48:36] Cool : Sorry for being a bitch earlier guys

St. Elmo

Munny : 555

Back to top Go down

Post by Ander on January 21st 2016, 6:30 am

Just in the knick of time, Ander fell from the air, both feet attempting to land on the monster's suspended arm. Which, judging by the fact this was a surprise attack, and that the Nova was in the process of a lunge-- the interruption had a high chance of succeeding.

If successful the weight of the warrior would plunge The Heartless into the ground. (Before it could reach Kia Miyamoto.) Pinning it for a few short moments...

If the monster was forced onto the ground the way Andy had wanted; he'd take his Kanabo and slap the NovaShadow roughly across it's face. All before jumping away to stand in front of Kia-- in a stance that read defense, it was obvious he was sending her a message that running would do no good. He was lucky that he'd stayed in the area awhile longer or this beast would've surely eaten her up.

"This what I was telling you about, It's a heartless!"

Edited: Sorry I was rushing this morning when I posted, I fixed my spelling errors. Apologies guys, I hadn't noticed at first glance.

Ander

Back to top Go down

Post by Kia on March 7th 2016, 5:55 pm

((2 months later, I'm so sorry! I've been coping with mental health and I moved! I'll be more active this time, I promise! I haven't rped in a long time, so this will be bad.))

After taking the picture on her cellphone, she lowered the mobile device and examined the creature. It was as if it were examining her as well, the small beast tipped it's head to the side. The Islander expected for the creature to come closer, but it's hands started to vibrate. Before the young girl can put her phone away, the creature lunged at her, the lunge was supposedly stopped by the guy she met at the Seashore. Ander Dedzen, it was an 'I told you so!' moment when he recalled their conversation about heartless.

Kia hesitated, before running over to pick up the staff that she dropped. After picking it up, she ran back to Ander and the heartless, "Well, thanks for saving me," She replied and she stepped forward and swung Hamako at the heartless.

((Yeah, terrible, I'm sorry))

Kia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top