Lumen en Deserto (Open)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lumen en Deserto (Open)

Post by Wisdom on January 6th 2015, 4:13 pm

"Well...I'm back." Wisdom muttered.

A few miles from the large city, he stood alone in the sand. He stood alone with his shoes pressing against the soft, desert sand. His black jacket absorbed the nasty heat of the world, making him feel uncomfortable in his own clothes. He already felt uncomfortable in his own skin. He simply sat there, watching the city from a sandy hill, unsure on whether or not to approach. He was nervous around people, especially ones he called friends.

But it seemed, the young man didn't have any friends. It was only him. Him, his thoughts, and the Keyblade resting in his heart, until needed. But it wasn't needed at the moment. There were no monsters of any sort nearby, as far as he was concerned. Alone. Did it have to be so?

Wisdom sighed, having made up his mind. Slowly, he began to walk down the sandy hill, being careful to mind his step. It was very risky, walking down a steep slope made of sand. If he was careless, he could very well just slide down, and tumble in a very unfortunate accident. He looks upon the city, not precisely near it quite yet. But even from here, he could hear the loudness. The humans, the activities, the music...Or maybe it was just the heat tricking him, and burning down on his neck. Oh gods, his neck. His neck. His ne-

"WAAAAH!" The young man slipped, and fell straight forward. He quickly shielded his face with his arms and hands, before meeting with the sand below. He landed with a thump, smacking his face against his arms rather harshly. He tumbled down the sand hill, skin smacking against sand, bones rattling, muscles aching. It seemed so endless. The worst part being, he couldn't see where he was going. He was moving too fast. Panic filled his thrashed mind. Was he going to hit something? Was he going to tumble down into a bad area? He clenched his eyes shut, bracing for impact against anything that came...

Finally, he found himself faceplanting ungracefully on the sand, getting minerals all over his bangs, in his eyes, in his nose and in his mouth. He slowly looked up, and rubbed the sand from his eyes. He hurt all over his body. Did he break something? Was there anything or anyone here to help him?

No. Don't be silly.

He's alone.

Tears welled up in his eyes, as he resisted the urge to cry in pain and child-like despair. His face went beet-red, fluid streamed down his cheeks, his eyes went red from the sand...He looked like a baby withdrawn from his mother.

Theme: Archangel

Wisdom

Character Age : 23
Home World : ???
RP Posts : 718

Back to top Go down

Re: Lumen en Deserto (Open)

Post by Charity on January 6th 2015, 5:16 pm

“Oh my lanta!” Charity, not enjoying this lovely desert heat, let her head slump backward as she shouted at the sky.

It was hot. She was sticky with sweat. Sand was in her sneakers and her shirt and her pants. There was just endless sand, no matter which way she turned. This seemed like a wild goose chase, and she was beginning to feel like a fool for believing there was a “secret musical cult” hidden away in one of the ruins of Agrabah's vast desert. She was such a gullible little sister...

Just as she was about to turn around and head back for town, a rather loud yell echoed across the sands. The sound startled her, being that she thought she was alone there. After all, who would be out in an endless desert unless they were looking for something? Bandits? A survey of her surroundings provided no significant detail. Grave-robbers? Climbing to the top of the closest dune, she spotted the possible cause of the scream. Tumbling down a sandy hill not too far away was some unlucky guy. Charity flinched each and every time his body made contact with the sand. She felt guilty for the grin that crept up on her, but found that she couldn't help it. When he finally came to a stop, she skid her way down the dune in a far more graceful manner that the poor lad.

She almost biffed it towards the end, but managed to keep her balance as she hopped a few times on a single leg. “H-Hey. You okay, there?” she called out to him. “All in one piece and everything?” Charity crouched down before him, hugging her knees as she attempted to give him a once over for any severe injury. As far as she could tell there wasn't anything serious. Then again, she was, by far, no professional.

In this universe, there is still much to be understood. There is still much to be found, explored, challenged and overcome. There are still secrets and stories and events that hide themselves in the shadows of history. But there is without a doubt some things better left unknown, left unsaid, and left forgotten.

Charity/Trinity
Level I: 0/0EXP
Level II: 10,046/15,000EXP
Level III: 0/40,000EXP
Level IV: 0/75,000EXP
Level V: 0/120,000EXP

Charity

Character Age : 16
RP Posts : 25798

Back to top Go down

Post by Wisdom on January 6th 2015, 9:55 pm

Wisdom winces, not eyeing the girl tending to her. In fact, the moment he heard her approaching him, he tried to stand up, to protect himself from whatever and whoever she was. That didn't work out. He was too sore to make a movement. He couldn't see her, since his eyes were too watery and bugged by the sand. With a big grimace, he turned his eyes toward Charity defensively, thinking this girl had bad intent.

"I'm...I'm fine." He sniffed. "Just...l-look, I'm not in a good mood, alright?"

But his negativity began to lower, when he realized that maybe this girl wasn't what he thought he was. The young man didn't appear broken. Mostly a bunch of scratches, scrapes, and bruises, including one big one on his forehead, slowly growing in size, and making a knot. He winces in slight pain, not looking to be in one little bit of comfort.

"Ffff...agh...I-I think I'm fine...It hurts to move, though." He explains slowly. His heart began to warm up, not due to the terrible heat, but due to the sympathy coming from the girl. It made him a little happier, to know that maybe there just might be a person or two to help out.

Slowly, he begins to stand, wincing and groaning out in torture with each tiny movement of his limbs and joints. He staggers a couple of times in the process, and even almost falls over again. He manages to right himself, before planting his shoes on the sandy ground, now standing upright and normal, even though he looked to be in pretty good amounts of pain. He slowly cracks a smile, and looks aside, a tad nervous of this stranger who just decided to up and help him out of his little bout of painful misery. "Uh...thanks for helping me, m'am. My name's Wisdom...weird name, I know. Uh, I could pay you. Just let me get out my munny bag..." He reaches down to his pocket, to pull out his pocket munny...only to find that it's gone. His eyes widen, and he starts to panic, looking around desperately for it...His eyes lay upon a small blue bag resting on the slope of the sand hill. He grimaces, and tries making a few steps for it, but he stopped to gasp sharply, a sudden snap of pain rippling on his leg muscles. "Ow..."

Wisdom

Back to top Go down

Post by Charity on January 7th 2015, 7:48 am

The look he initially gave her, boy did her look mad. Or perhaps he was just in a lot of pain. Or both, understandably. Charity thought to herself how she definitely wouldn't be in a good mood if she fell down a dune like this guy did. But where her kindness at first felt shunned, he was slowly starting to calm down. Watching as he started to stand, Charity noted every look and wince. With her arms out as to assist him in standing and keep his balance, any time it seemed as though the poor lad was going to fall over again, she move to make sure he didn't. But it seemed as though her help wasn't all that necessary.

Her expression changed from one of concern to a small smile as he spoke. "It's no problem, really. And it's not all that weird a name, I guess. Mine's Chari..ty..." her voice drifted off as he mentioned giving her munny and immediately her hands flew up to decline the gesture. But when he wasn't even looking at her, looking around as though in search of something, her hands stopped. And then she seen it. The small blue pouch laying some way up the hill. Keeping in the chuckle that threatened to escape her at seeing his sad attempt at moving, she inwardly sighed.

Stopping beside him and almost making the gesture of putting her hand on his shoulder, she said, "Hold on a sec. I'll go get it." After all, she didn't want to cause him any more pain than what he was already feeling. Charity took a few steps up the hill before stopping and looking at him with a stern expression. "But I don't want any of your munny, got it?" Without even waiting for a response, the musician, with an instrument case weighing on her back, began ascending the slope. Today was not the day to bring her harp, even if it were small. On second thought, any one of her instruments would have felt heavy in this heat...

The sand was hot on her hands, as she was practically crawling up the dune. Once, she even started sliding back down after loosing her footing. But after quickly regaining it, she was well on her way. When the blue munny pouch lay in her grasp, she help it up for him to see with a victorious smile and slid her way back down the hill.

"Here ya go, Wisdom." she said, holding out the bag to him. "Didn't drop anything else, did you?" The question was one of casual kindness, but she was dreading the idea of having to scale anymore sand hills.

In this universe, there is still much to be understood. There is still much to be found, explored, challenged and overcome. There are still secrets and stories and events that hide themselves in the shadows of history. But there is without a doubt some things better left unknown, left unsaid, and left forgotten.

Charity/Trinity

Charity

Back to top Go down

Post by Wisdom on January 7th 2015, 8:26 pm

He did feel a sense of warmth on his shoulder, even though it wasn't touched by the nice lady. Wisdom made a protesting groan as she started to make her way back up to the dune. He didn't look pleased at all. Once again, this girl was helping him out, and if she didn't want his munny, then how was it that he was going to repay her? It was absurd...but awful nice.

The young man continued to watch her, wincing and panting in pain, but he couldn't help but notice what sort of trouble she was getting herself into just for the sake of him. He felt so low, and weak compared to her. But at the same time, he felt truly grateful to have her assist.

Slowly, he takes the bag from her grasp, putting up a pained smile. "Charity...heh, that's a really fitting name! Unlike mine. I'm not really...well, wise." He chuckles with childlike warmth. "But come on...You can't just do that and not receive award! It's not right. Especially for a...well...lady." He blushes a bit, trying to straighten himself up. In the Coliseum, some strapping young fellow with black spiky hair, a blue outfit, and an unnecessary big sword once told him that the best way to repay a girl for services, was to take her out on a date. Now, this was not on Wisdom's mind, but it might just be a funny little thing to mention, along with making some witty reference and filling post space.

4th wall broken. Make what you will of it.

"I'm heading over to the city. You can come along if you'd like." He offers. "I think I'm alright to walk on my own, now. But...I'll have to be a little slow..."

Wisdom

Back to top Go down

Post by Charity on January 8th 2015, 1:02 pm

"Thanks,"she said in response to his compliment of her name. But her smile flipped when he dissed his own."Oh, come on. It may not seem like it now, but I'm sure it'll fit you someday." Maybe... She looked off to the endless sand, embarrassed to admit that she was so... positive ...for a moment. That trait was't usually hers...

"And I don't want your munny!" she pointed a huffy finger at him, placing her free and on her hip as she leaned forward. The childlike stubbornness played her face well, being framed by her long pigtails. "And what does my being a lady have to do with anything..?" The musician leaded back and crossed her arms, noting the small tint of red in his cheeks? Was he...? No, it must just be the heat, er something. Was a silent sigh, Charity nodded, accepting his offer.

"Slow's better than not at all," she flashed him a playful smile before striding off in front of him. Little did she know, she was going the absolute wrong way.

Charity/Trinity

Charity

Back to top Go down

Post by Wisdom on January 8th 2015, 8:10 pm

"Nothing." He says bluntly. "Uh...right. Let's get going." He smiles brightly, and walks onward, toward the city, with a bit of a limp...

[Unfortunately due to things going on in life, I am unable to continue without taking way too long to respond. Would you like to end the topic?]

Wisdom

Back to top Go down

Post by Charity on January 8th 2015, 8:19 pm

"Kay," she said with a small giggle. It was gonna be a long walk, but all the better to get to know the strange boy.

(That's fine with me. Good luck with RL things.)

[Topic End]

Charity/Trinity

Charity

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:48 pm