» Marionette
Seven Deadly Sins? EmptyDecember 2nd 2018, 2:31 pm by +/-

» suck on my magnum dong
Seven Deadly Sins? EmptyOctober 18th 2018, 9:25 pm by Gemini

» It's my birthday.
Seven Deadly Sins? EmptyOctober 4th 2018, 8:20 pm by Gemini

» EW
Seven Deadly Sins? EmptySeptember 9th 2018, 3:53 am by Gemini

» What are Your Current Plans for Your Character?
Seven Deadly Sins? EmptyFebruary 11th 2018, 7:33 pm by Chastelle

Statistics
We have 3557 registered users
The newest registered user is Shirou Seeker of Duckness

Our users have posted a total of 143994 messages in 12544 subjects

Seven Deadly Sins?

Go down

Seven Deadly Sins? Empty Seven Deadly Sins?

Post by Inus on November 24th 2014, 6:22 pm

I was think i could make a group of seven characters that revolve around the seven deadly sins. If you don't know what the seven deadly sins are they are
Pride is excessive belief in one's own abilities, that interferes with the individual's recognition of the grace of God. It has been called the sin from which all others arise. Pride is also known as Vanity.

Envy is the desire for others' traits, status, abilities, or situation.

Gluttony is an inordinate desire to consume more than that which one requires.

Lust is an inordinate craving for the pleasures of the body.

Anger is manifested in the individual who spurns love and opts instead for fury. It is also known as Wrath.

Greed is the desire for material wealth or gain, ignoring the realm of the spiritual. It is also called Avarice or Covetousness.

Sloth is the avoidance of physical or spiritual work.
Taken from http://www.deadlysins.com/sins/
You guys think I should I have a few Ideas but...
Inus
Inus

Back to top Go down

Seven Deadly Sins? Empty Re: Seven Deadly Sins?

Post by Etzolix on November 24th 2014, 7:19 pm

Are you looking to make specific characters that fit into these archetypes, or are you looking to recruit other, preexisting characters whose most defining trait would be expressed through their respective sin (and not have them defined by the one trait)?
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Etzolix on November 24th 2014, 7:20 pm

Also, making a thematic group will only be successful if they have long term goals worth pursuing.
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Inus on November 24th 2014, 10:43 pm

Well I plan on making the characters my self by I haven't worked out there goal yet I was thinking something like They want to put ever world in a state of chaos where almost one resident knows what's the good thing to do is
The only thing I'm gonna say is Pride will be the leader
Inus
Inus

Back to top Go down

Post by Etzolix on November 24th 2014, 10:59 pm

So, you're going to make all of the characters then? Also, what do they have to gain from putting the worlds in chaos? That doesn't necessarily benefit all of them. It can justify some of them, if you're going with the primal definition that they are their archetype...but, otherwise, chaos won't help most of them reach an end to their desires.
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Inus on November 25th 2014, 12:01 pm

Well you see I still need to come up with ideas I haven't came up with everything but I will soon
Inus
Inus

Back to top Go down

Post by Etzolix on November 25th 2014, 12:29 pm

Okay, once you do, post them here so I (and whoever else wants to) can give constructive feedback and help you elaborate and clearly define your idea. Good luck, man.
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Inus on November 28th 2014, 2:40 pm

The sins goal is to put all the worlds in chaos. Do this they will find the most chaotic world and rule there turn all the worlds chaotic one by one till all the worlds are chaotic. After they finish this they will rule over all the worlds.
I know its Cliche i know XD

Pride is the strongest of the seven. Being the strongest he is the leader. He never backs down from a fight and can't turn one down.

Envy has the ability to copy her foes moves for a short time. She has no weapon skills but if she take some ones abilities she can use there weapons for a short time.

Gluttony dose not need much explaining. Being large he can take lots of attacks his fat is practically  made of steel. To boost this affect he uses quite heavy armor.

Lust is the strangest she has the ability to heal herself and uses attacks/spells that take away her foes heath and also heal her

Anger has the most physical strength. He uses extremely heavy weapons. He can make his anger stronger and do more damage.

Greed is the one who wants to achieve there goals the most. She has to have everything she wants. Even if it means she has to forcefully get it.

Sloth is the one who never really fights and is one of the smartest but never really fights. He is consider the weakest but can use support magic.

I'm sorry that was shit but i needed to post this because my computer needs fixing soon so i need to get this out as fast as i could
Inus
Inus

Back to top Go down

Post by Etzolix on November 28th 2014, 3:02 pm

So, they want to destroy the establishment and make the worlds chaotic so they could then implement their own order? Is this a political tactic on their end to offer a solution after discreetly causing it? Or are they just trying to use brute force to rule? If it's the latter, then creating chaos makes it exceedingly difficult to rule, as chaos directly opposes order. You can't have both without one of them being a tool to reach the other. It's contradictory.

Being the most powerful does not make you a good leader. Sloth seems to fit that role most, with Greed being the ambition that helps push his plans forward. Then again, it's hard to tell as they don't have their personalities as developed.

What I'm most concerned about, aside their method of operation, is why they're named after the sins? Are they the embodiment of the sin? Or are these just self proclaimed monikers / codenames?
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Inus on November 28th 2014, 6:13 pm

Well I haven't came up with there names and appearances yet but no they will have there own names but yes they are embodyment of that sin. The reason I picked Pride as the leader because of Pride is the sin in which other arises. That kind of the point they want to rule the chaotic worlds its in the nature. But I'm sorry I suck at this character creation idea
Inus
Inus

Back to top Go down

Post by Etzolix on November 28th 2014, 6:46 pm

They're the embodiment, but are they humans that just happen to represent it, or are they physical incarnations of that sin?

How do the other sins come from Pride?
Pride, Lust, and Wrath are an excess of emotion.
Greed, Gluttony, and Envy are about desire (which Lust can also fit into).
And Sloth is the lack thereof. Lack of ambition and emotion. Or an excess of lethargy, I suppose, but having an excess of nothing doesn't necessarily work unless you're using it as a literary point to constantly reference.

Unless you can find a way to explain it in a way where it makes sense, I'm going to have to disagree that the other sins are based in Pride.

You can't rule chaos without implementing order, unless they're trying to enforce the chaos, which ends up not being about ruling the worlds but about keeping them chaotic, which is fundamentally different in terms of goals.

And it's fine, we all start somewhere. I'm just trying to help your idea have some internal consistency, otherwise, it likely won't take off because of its inherent cliche nature. But, we all base things in the cliche, therefore, execution is prioritized.
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Etzolix on November 28th 2014, 6:47 pm

Sidenote: Developing the character origin and behavior is more important than powers or appearances for now, as those can be defined afterwards.
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum