Log in

I forgot my password

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Marionette
I'll Be Leaving Now EmptyDecember 2nd 2018, 2:31 pm by +/-

» suck on my magnum dong
I'll Be Leaving Now EmptyOctober 18th 2018, 9:25 pm by Gemini

» It's my birthday.
I'll Be Leaving Now EmptyOctober 4th 2018, 8:20 pm by Gemini

» EW
I'll Be Leaving Now EmptySeptember 9th 2018, 3:53 am by Gemini

» What are Your Current Plans for Your Character?
I'll Be Leaving Now EmptyFebruary 11th 2018, 7:33 pm by Chastelle

Statistics
We have 3557 registered users
The newest registered user is Shirou Seeker of Duckness

Our users have posted a total of 143994 messages in 12544 subjects

I'll Be Leaving Now

Go down

I'll Be Leaving Now Empty I'll Be Leaving Now

Post by Alexander on October 3rd 2014, 2:33 am

Look, it's not you. It's me. Well, that really is a lie. It's not you the reader, it's "you" Kingdom Hearts RPG. We've had a good run.

As for why I'm leaving, you may skim this topic: https://kingdomhearts.forumotion.net/t11210-a-study-of-toxicity

Why is that relevant? It's old. But it's still largely relevant to a lot of my concerns in regards to how Kingdom Hearts largely operates. Sort of by accident did I wind up reading this whole thing and sinking deeper and deeper into a gut-wrenching depression and ultimately, I've decided that Kingdom Hearts isn't really that good for me. Let's face it: not to toot my own horn and come off as too much of an asshole, but I'm literally too smart for this.

I unfortunately need to concede that I can not help Kingdom Hearts get better, and I'm not in the habit of smashing my head against the wall when not much has changed. It's a new month, a new day, but the same problems from then still exist now. I'm borderline convinced that there's a cut-off date for people to just have to leave but we all just keep staying past our expiration dates. We go from good apples to bad, and we spoil everything around us. I'd rather turn this rot into fertile earth elsewhere, since my efforts seem to be going to waste here.

I worry because the one person who needs to truly take this post to heart will not, but I must accept that whatever happens here is not my fault, and was never my fault, and trying to take responsibility for the mistakes of another or rather, others, is a corruption upon myself unfairly levied. I'm sure some of you will take great delight in my absence, and I do hope that you do so with full consideration of all events.

This will hopefully be my final goodbye, and it is my first honest and official departure. One where I did not simply leave in the night to the sound of calamity following the next morning, or one where I caused a ruckus to see the chaos that followed. If I am to have my final leaving let it be something elegant and dramatic, something that the members read. But most importantly, it must not be a bang. It must be a sensual and enticing whisper.

Just know that while I have left given Kingdom Hearts over to it's own future, I have not given up on my community. It will rise again and be better, and our stories will be beautiful and the members creative. If I am to rot, then let my decay feed the imaginations of the people I care most for: the family of my dearest project.

I bid you all farewell! May we meet again on another site.

Alexander, The Dissident King of Dreams

___________________
The future is not fair to the past because by definition it has already surpassed it.
"There was a sickness."
Alexander
Alexander

Post Count : 2710

Back to top Go down

I'll Be Leaving Now Empty Re: I'll Be Leaving Now

Post by Dataloid on October 3rd 2014, 4:37 am

No. You aren't too smart for the site, you know why? You don't realize what you do wrong, or you do and you don't realize you haven't fixed that...like the condescending tone you always take. On multiple occasions you said you are better than everyone else practically. But it isn't just that, you aren't smart enough to make any character other than Alex, and if it isn't Alex it is still someone made with concepts of just "Oh I'll just do this" and if you respond with "I wouldn't really do that" Bullshit. You've done worse, and even when you say you learned from your mistakes, we still get the same Alex who wants to be all-powerful in a way that just annoys some people.

It's good that you want to be powerful, but it is not good that you have a god complex. Yes, I'm accusing you of one, because you literally have a site made from something that...I don't know...involved numerous gods from the lore you originally created. Sure, it became more than that and that's good, but still. At one point, you really wanted to play straight-up gods, and you made it known "I am the biggest bad there ever was, and everything I do is alright" but at least you realized it wasn't alright. But what irks me is your insistence that you are Mr. Do Good. Sure, you may say "I know I have flaws" but the flaws you have are ones you don't agree with or don't realize. If you were too smart for the site, in terms of community, you would know that cutting out a tumor does not involve pushing Tyler away from the site, as you have told me. You think you know what plagues the site, but you don't. Have you noticed the rise in activity? It isn't much, but it's still something. We all know it wasn't Tyler being gone who brought it back.

Also, you are stubborn, and in some ways that's a beneficial trait, but when it comes down to completely rejecting the opinions and ideas of others even after consideration, just says "I'm right" is your mentality and it can't be swayed. So, to conclude my rude post, it's not us, KH. It's you. Well, that really is a lie, it's ALL the Elitists like you.
Dataloid
Dataloid

Post Count : 166

Back to top Go down

I'll Be Leaving Now Empty Re: I'll Be Leaving Now

Post by zdynasty on October 3rd 2014, 8:56 am

well I can't stop you Sooooo.... bye hope you have a good one :D don't forget us

___________________
:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P zdynasty :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
I like rainbows :3




the most useless signature in the world I belive
zdynasty
zdynasty

Post Count : 403

Back to top Go down

I'll Be Leaving Now Empty Re: I'll Be Leaving Now

Post by Leo on October 3rd 2014, 1:44 pm

Alexander, you are a talented writer as well as a dear friend. I hate to see you leave, but glad to know we are still on another site together. I understand there is a season for everything, a season to stay, a season to grow, and even at times a season to go. Best wishes and may your endeavors pay off. See you on genesis.

___________________
2,201 posts before the site hack
Date Joined: September 3, 2007  https://kingdomhearts.forumotion.net/t6153-leo-s-post-count#55808

140 Max Magic

Founder of the Guardians of Restoration
The Ruthless Guardian of Storms
Leo
Leo

Post Count : 1072

Back to top Go down

I'll Be Leaving Now Empty Re: I'll Be Leaving Now

Post by Jeremi on October 3rd 2014, 2:07 pm

Elitism's always been a problem on this site.

I didn't play with you, much at all, but, the whole "dissident" thing seemed more like...

...Well, it reminds me of the Guardians of Restoration, in a way.

But, hey, whatevs, see you around.

___________________
The Profile

After saying how stealth is a viable component of assassinations...
[04:49:40] Serenae Spate : Fuck stealth. Shoot bitches.

Drakar wrote:We are blades of grass basking in light, our melody of justice shining hard on the darkness. Any shadow we cast we will overwhelm. Any darkness we fuel we will blind. We shall set our path with blood and honor, but not in evil, in justice. Our keys unlock the way of justice.

Zihark wrote:Shriou's Korean? I thought he was Asian.
avatar
Jeremi

Post Count : 523

Back to top Go down

I'll Be Leaving Now Empty Re: I'll Be Leaving Now

Post by Kia on October 3rd 2014, 2:42 pm

...You know, you were actually making progress on the site and now you want to leave? What about the other members too? Alex, all you think about is yourself. You're manipulative and too cocky, and I actually agree with what Drakar said. I don't like how you made my boyfriend leave the site and you called him a tumor.. really!?! I think the real tumor is you. Good riddance.
Kia
Kia

Post Count : 64

Back to top Go down

I'll Be Leaving Now Empty Re: I'll Be Leaving Now

Post by Belysa on October 3rd 2014, 4:25 pm

I really love these "waaa waa, elitism" posts.

See that waa waa waa elitism attitude? This is part of why we have problems. I could get into a looooooong dissertation about why this is all happening and actually give you the beginnings of the problem--but every time I do a history lesson, Krystal whines and moans.

People felt like people who had been in charge before treated other people like dirt, so it was *okay* to do it back. Because eye for an eye is TOTALLY a good idea. It's such a good idea that we're still doing it, and look where it's getting us!

And that STUPID little attitude still lingers here, POISONING everything. Some people feel like they can't even be here anymore because there's some sort of idea that there's an elitist vibe going around; that if you don't do certain things or write a certain way, you're just not as cool as everybody else. If you don't do things a specific way, you're just lame and you should hate yourself.

That's fucking retarded.

There isn't. There never really was. It's idiotic, and 90% of the time is all in people's heads. That thing everybody considered elitist this whole time, was actually a thing called a "STANDARD."
You know, that thing where you have a basic minimum of the shit you're willing to put up with? Everybody has one. Everything has one. Even being a hobo has a standard. So complaining about having one....is stupid. Either live up to it, or expect to feel mediocre. That's how life works. There's a reason why living in your mother's basement at 40 is a joke--it's under the standard of life.

So if you feel like your writing isn't up to par, it's YOU who should be learning by watching other people and taking in things--not them lowering themselves so that you feel better about yourself. That's not how it fucking works. Get over it.

God--it's always considered cocky when someone else says they have the answers. Quite honestly, his infant website with almost no real theme to it whatsoever other than creativity has more intelligence, sense, and activity, than this eight year old JOKE.
And it's a joke. I dislike saying that the place I spent most of my young life is a joke, but I'm being honest. Merely mentioning this place (even on your AFFILIATES, which is absolutely sad,) in another forum generates either laughter or disgusted pity.

It's pathetic. We, are pathetic. I don't like it, do you?

But you know what? He really is too smart for here. Here has turned into a disaster area. This isn't a place for people to grow and become better writers, because nobody here (and I do mean fucking NOBODY) can take a single shred of criticism without acting like a child! This isn't a place to have fun with other people, because people continue to believe there's some sort of underlying elitist bullshit that ISN'T EVEN THERE.
Axel said it best: Everybody thinks they're right.

This place was constructed with the hopes that people could continue all the fun and learning we'd had when it was first around--and right now it is BEING RUINED because of shit like this.
Because people can't take criticism!
Because people refuse to LISTEN.
Because people are BIASED.
Because people think there's different 'sides'.

So really, is it smarter to stay here in all this sickeningly pathetic chaos, or is it smarter to leave?
That question was rhetorical.

I can't help but draw parallels to things happening here that happened to the baby sister site this place USED to have--because a lot of the same shit is going down.
A change of command that most people were heavily split on...
A change in the system that nobody could really agree on...
Bickering amongst the older members and that new command that led to most people leaving...
Witch-hunting people pointing out the OBVIOUS flaws...
A community heavily split between two unspecified groups...
A refusal to let go and let more qualified or ambitious people take charge...
OOC bias heavily afflicting on choices made on the website...
Hilariously laughable bursts of activity that only prolonged the slow and painful death...


You know, those sorts of things. Learn from history, or history repeats itself.

If you don't like someone, IGNORE them. You don't HAVE to talk to them, you don't HAVE to be around them!
You deal with bullshit in life because that's the bulk of what life is--you have to shift through all the crap and find all the little nuggets of happy that you can. This place is more important to me than Azmot throwing a bitch fit every thirty seconds, or Yima being a dunce, or Krystal whining about everything, or the sheer acidic corrosiveness of the community as a general whole. I'd rather tolerate all that shit than see this place go under.

So if your boyfriend couldn't handle filtering out one person, I'm sorry, but that's just weak. I'm sure he was a perfectly nice individual, but that was his choice to decide not to toughen up.


As for this sendoff; the people in particular who gave Alex the middle finger? That was fucking rude and you're part of the problem. You talk about the community being bad or toxic, and then you pull shit like that--it's PAINFULLY two-faced.

___________________
I do impressions:
"Complaining about people complaining always fixes major issues! Let's do that instead of trying to find a collective solution by talking it out amongst ourselves as a community and point fingers instead of taking responsibility for our actions! While we're at it, let's attempt to satirize and/or demonize everybody who attempt to make a suggestion! Man, we are way better at this than those other people with experience who are trying to help!"


All RP's with Belysa in them are SUSPENDED for activity until further notice.
[Clickable]
Belysa
Belysa

Post Count : 162

Back to top Go down

I'll Be Leaving Now Empty Re: I'll Be Leaving Now

Post by Ander on October 3rd 2014, 4:43 pm

I had so much respect for you mate, but you started going way to far. I still love your company, but only when it has to be fake. Cause your real personality was one of the rudest I've ever seen. I know I'm a dick, but atleast I draw the line when I claim I'm better than other people... Just cause you write better does not define what kind of person you actually are. Sorry dude, but man... You actually told me you faked how you acted on Genesis like WTF? That actually proves you didn't like half of the people around here that thought you were friends with them. Even if that isn't the case, you should treat others the way YOU want to be treated.

The forum was actually picking itself up off its feet, but that wasnt because of Tyler leaving, nor your claims a fixing us. For a split second we stopped complaining and just rolled, it was actually fun. But guess what? I had fun without you, in fact I happen to find writing short sweet rps with level headed characters. Instead of rping with cocky ass god-complexes. Which even OOC, you have exhibited in some ways. I am disgusted with the person you have shown me, I liked the fake you better. Cause atleast he showed people ways of getting better without using them as lab rats and humiliating them in front of the site. I agree with what Kia and Drakar have said, you just need to know when to chill out.

And wait, I don't love your company now that I think of it. Oh well... Anyways, I wish you the best of luck in your future events. But I am sad to say that I, unfortunately, will not be looking into anymore. Consider me an old friend or at this point, a complete douche. I could give zero fucks anymore, sorry you couldn't save what was already saving itself. Kudos! Also I know this sounds more like a personal rant, mostly cause it is. >.> You get what you give right? Lol.

Pinky I'd like to point out, that at this point were coming back from the ashes, your the one who bitches and moans in every disscussion post. Like for real, unless your gonna offer up some actual ideas, that don't involve the bullshit you know isn't gonna happen. Then please shut up, your really starting to act like an annoying child . Your smart; we know that, but your messages keeps talking stupid. Please quit attacking staff, it's just plain ridiculous. <_<


Last edited by Ander on October 3rd 2014, 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

___________________
I'll Be Leaving Now Tumblr_ohinjkED1L1s307p6o1_500
Ander
Ander

Post Count : 230

Back to top Go down

I'll Be Leaving Now Empty Re: I'll Be Leaving Now

Post by Etzolix on October 3rd 2014, 4:44 pm

Despite Bel's lucidity, her points and opinions will likely be dismissed because of past interactions and biases projected onto her, which is a testament to the site's condition.

More importantly...

Farewell, Alex. I understand why you've left, as we've had numerous discussions. Keep in touch. You have my Skype.
Etzolix
Etzolix

Post Count : 10136

Back to top Go down

I'll Be Leaving Now Empty Re: I'll Be Leaving Now

Post by Dataloid on October 3rd 2014, 4:57 pm

I don't give a fuck about what I say now.

You are a cunt and you need to leave this site. You are the cancer that plagues us, you are what drove members away, and Alex supported you in some ways. Both of you don't understand it isn't you guys saying you know the answers, it is you guys saying you are better than everyone else. I don't feel like I'm not up to par, I just feel you and your type are just pretentious assholes who feel the need to demoralize others, so now it's wrong to harass and demoralize you. It is, but at least it shows that you only think we're wrong, you have no humility. You never had. That's why I hate you. That's why I can't stand you. THat's why you need to go, and it isn't just for me. The time you were gone people have turned. The time that you "visited your brother" there has been an uprise in topics. While it's small, it's still something. You people never take no for an answer, BEYOND reason and not just strong argumentative structure. You and Alex both considered hacking the site, why are you even here? You two are detrimental to this site.

Waaa. Waaa. Yeah I'm fucking crying, crying so hard that you people, in all of your intelligence and all of your ability, are some of the most ignorant members on site. Ignorant to others' opinions. You harass the staff (Pinky) and you support her staying (Alex). I am sick of this shit. I don't know why you haven't been banned, Pinky, for all the shit you've done to harass the staff. BUT OF COURSE YOU HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING. That's what you've told me, and you have snapped the last string by your rant on how I'm a crybaby. You can't realize that it's your "I'm the best" attitude that goes beyond annoying the shit out of me, it just pushes me away. I resigned because of you, and even if that is my incapbility, it is still due to not being able to handle YOU. You should be glad Yima is as merciful as he is, you would have been banned on most sites already. But even then, you'd just pursue them like that psycho ex who just can't get enough of the hate from the one running.

Also, maybe if we didn't have people like you two demoralizing members, they would have progressed in a much better way than they did. Also, I'd love to see what examples you have of sites that laugh at us. Also, how can such an ignorant (no matter the intelligence) cunt like you can speak about something being toxic or wrong. I shouldn't care anymore. In fact? I'm fucking done until you are gone. I can't be here, I resent you. I hate you. You are the only member in my history of RP i've ever acted this way to. I've only ever had this much resent for you, Pinky. Fucking tumor.

Although immature, I guess this is deuces. Fuck Alex and Pinky for reasons stated above, Fuck Onyx for ruining shit in the story system and your partner in crime, fuck Jet and Morph for being straight-up bullies on the progression system in unnecessary, just annoying and bland ways, and fuck everyone else I haven't included. I'm not even staying in touch with anyone, you won't even be able to contact me via skype. But of course, who gives a fuck?
Dataloid
Dataloid

Post Count : 166

Back to top Go down

I'll Be Leaving Now Empty Re: I'll Be Leaving Now

Post by Jeremi on October 3rd 2014, 5:08 pm

TL;DR? Everybody just stop paying attention to the drama and bullshit, and write. If you don't wanna write, you know where the door is.

(Actual post begins now)
Don't take the above for malice, or anything. I've not been active enough of late to really know what's been going on?

The way Alexander's post seemed phrased, it kinda looked like he was looking for people to do exactly this. Slam him, deride him, for no real reason.

...I don't really have the sort of malice for that? I just picked something I actually knew about him. And, as for what I said, that's not even that bad. A person's writing kinda tends to be self-centralized. Shows up too often to not be the case. So, my... ...Whatever you wanna call that post, was kinda half-hearted.

It takes way too much energy to be spiteful toward someone for any length of time.


...As for the elitism, I do think it's still here, Pinky. The weird thing is, nobody actually IS?

Elite, I mean. It's just been a part of this environment so long, everybody assumes SOMEBODY is doing it, so, it all just comes back around to the target of the day, and ends up being a whole cyclical mess of venom and sludge that benefits nobody, but, nobody seems to know how to, or even WANT TO, change it.

I really can understand why Alex chose to leave. And, I don't doubt more will follow after, for much the same reasons.

This is just how Kingdom Hearts works now. The Old Guard slowly leaves, and the newbies come in. The newbies get poisoned by those Old Guard who are still here, and, when they do finally leave, the poisoned newbies become the Old Guard.



Short of divinely-inspired mass amnesia, I'm not just real sure anything is gonna change that? People will only change on the individual level, and the only thing any of us can really change, is ourselves.

So, the best each of us can do is act how we'd like to see the community act, and hope it catches on.







Does it suck?

Yes.

Welcome to the human condition. Population: Us


Edit: *reads the post above his*

Huh. ...Well. This topic isn't going to exist for much longer. Was that much venom REALLY necessary?

___________________
The Profile

After saying how stealth is a viable component of assassinations...
[04:49:40] Serenae Spate : Fuck stealth. Shoot bitches.

Drakar wrote:We are blades of grass basking in light, our melody of justice shining hard on the darkness. Any shadow we cast we will overwhelm. Any darkness we fuel we will blind. We shall set our path with blood and honor, but not in evil, in justice. Our keys unlock the way of justice.

Zihark wrote:Shriou's Korean? I thought he was Asian.
avatar
Jeremi

Post Count : 523

Back to top Go down

I'll Be Leaving Now Empty Re: I'll Be Leaving Now

Post by Lynette Elise on October 3rd 2014, 5:45 pm

There is the soft sound of a very deep sigh breaking through the darkness as a woman walks into a circle of light. She is old, by the standards of this community, old enough that there is grey in her blonde hair and in her arms a white dragon has draped herself, sucking absentmindedly on a colorful spiral lollipop as she looks around curiously.

Damnit all to the hells of eternal torment, I didn't want to get involved in this insanity, but I guess I have to speak up once again. So much to unpack, so much to point out. I have been attempting, in one form or another, to maintain some sort of activity in this site for years, mostly out of concern for and a desire to interact with a few chosen friends of mine.

Y'all should know me by now. I'm the one who brought cookies to the Dark Side.

I do my best not to make enemies and have been honored to add to my list of those with whom I'd willingly associate because of this place. However, there is a very good reason why I finally ended up forever leaving that "baby sister site" that Belysa mentioned, and I feel that reason is pertinent to the discussion at hand.

Quite simply, I was very nearly put in the hospital because of intentional cruelty, cruelty that was masked as "friendship", masked as "concern", masked as me "being unnecessarily sensitive and overdramatic". For the record, that's not Friendship speaking. That's a form of emotional and mental abuse known as "Gaslighting".

I've been on something of a quest in the past year, I think. I've been consciously examining a lot of things in my life and y'all, what I have to say ain't pretty. There are days when I wonder if my marriage is healthier than this site and for those who know about my husband and his outlaws, that's saying quite a bit.

It's a fairly apt comparison, ya know? A long time ago, I entered into a relationship that was fun and helped me grow as a person in a lot of ways, but as time went on things changed, and they changed for the worse. It was okay for a long time, livable, in fact, until a "system crash" of sorts and then things just went all kinds of crazy. They've been all kinds of crazy, in fact, for about five years now.

Why am I still married to him? Well, lemme ask you guys. Why are y'all still HERE when you know that this environment is all kinds of poisonous and abusive to you, both personally and creatively? When you know, somehow, that it's turning you into someone you don't want to be just to survive on a day to day basis?

You're still here because you want what used to be. You want the fun that you had before the "system crash", before the death of the Site-that-Was. You're still here because you've got so many years sunk into this place that you just can't give up on it. You feel responsible for the state it's in. You want to help the site "get better", because somehow you believe that you deserve the abuse, that if you suffer enough, if you submit in just the right way that you will be able to make things work out the way you want them to work out.

For the record, things don't work like that and they never have. You cannot control another person's behavior with your own. And anyone who says that you can? Has a vested interest in keeping you chained by your own abuse.

I'm still married and y'all are still here because leaving an abusive relationship is never as easy as it might seem to those on the outside. It takes help and it takes real friends, not the fake ones who are actually enablers in disguise.

I've been doing a lot of research into patterns of abuse, and not just physical, as a way of helping myself detox from where I am now so that I don't carry it forward when I finally am able to leave. Did you know that people now understand that any relationship can become abusive? Seriously, like Spiritual and Financial Abuse are now known to be actual Things.

Abuse is a pattern of control. Abuse is keeping one side powerless and the other side powerful. Abusers always need someone to abuse, someone to take all the blame for everything that goes wrong. You didn't do enough. You didn't work hard enough. It's your fault everything is messed up. If you stopped complaining and just did what you were supposed to, they wouldn't have to hit you so hard…

Yes, it is that bad.

The way I read Alexander's post, he's trying to make a final break from the site, for his own emotional and psychological health, and he's trying to push as many of you as he can into leaving; those who are still able to leave of your own accord, because he knows that he can't change the site. He can't fix everything and he can't make it better.

And the only way to end abuse is to leave.

So yeah, I'm not active and I likely will never be as active as I once wanted to be. I'll always be present, though, for my friends. No matter where they are or where they go, I'll be there for them. Because they've been there for me. Because they never blame me for what's going wrong around me. Because they understand when it's not easy to pull the plug on a relationship that's lasted for years and has had some legitimately good days now and then.

For the record, I'm not saying that any one person here is our communal abuser, in case you missed that. I'm saying that it's the site itself that's abusing us. And that's all of us. We don't deserve this. No one does.

With another deep sigh, to the sound of a confused trill from the dragonling in her arms, the woman turns and walks away into the darkness again, the tiny dragon reaching over her shoulder to wave "bye-bye" until the darkness swallows both of them again.

___________________
Characters: Kibble, the Fairy Dragon

* If you add me on a chat medium such as Yahoo, let me know who you are, because I don't accept connections to those I don't know.
Lynette Elise
Lynette Elise

Post Count : 967

http://thegrizzleyden.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

I'll Be Leaving Now Empty Re: I'll Be Leaving Now

Post by Belysa on October 3rd 2014, 6:12 pm

I'm sorry you feel that way Azmot Allrage. (Oh dear, that was Hollrage. Same difference I guess...)
I did offer to talk to you about this privately in an adult manner, but I guess you just get off on the attention. I won't judge you; everybody has their something.

I once believed Ander was the biggest child on here--but unlike you, he had one mistake and learned from it. He showed a bigger sense of maturity by accepting that we both screwed up, and actually talked through the issues we both had to come to a mutual understanding of where both of us were coming from. He's really grown more mature and intelligent, and it really makes me very proud. It actually gives me a lot of hope for this place if we can get it off its ass.

Despite all the "whining" I'm doing, I actually do find several people who show a great deal of promise through their action. There actually is some hope, and it's extremely uplifting. I've been getting a treat out of reading people's character developments in other topics and just smiling quietly to myself as I watch people learn. It's one of the things that keeps me here.

I stay because some people here give me hope.

You on the other hand, Azmot, seem to be composed of nothing but pure adolescent rage and fueled by Kardashian hormones. The fact that I have seen you around here several years, and you have still retained the devolved form of a child who throws a tantrum when they don't get their way actually makes me feel both amused and very sorry for you. You, I am pained to admit, are potentially incapable of learning from your mistakes. You continue to make the same bad choice, over and over and over again, instead of figuring out that maybe throwing am unwarranted hissy fit in public is a bad way to make your point.

I already discussed this with you privately in a PM while I was twenty-five thousand feet in the air, but I will reiterate. Instead of discussing things calmly and maturely, you decided to scream and yell in hopes people will pay attention to you, and you'll get what you want.
Nobody is going to take that seriously, and it is going to get you into trouble, in the same way it got you into trouble in the past and hurt several hundred people in the process. I tried to warn you politely that you were taking things too far.

So I can only hope the next time you decide to return, it's with more maturity and less venom.

From Ander To Belysa, September 16th 2014, 6:31 am wrote:
I agree Yima shouldn't be in power, he is my friend; but its a little overdue. I stand with my previous opinion.

Ander, please either say what you mean, or mean what you say.


Although....to be quite honest, Ander? You're not the only person who does that. This is why we have a problem. If you don't speak up, things won't change. That goes for all the OTHER people who I talked to who admit to the same feeling and do the same thing--you know who you are.


Jere.
You know how this works. You've been around. You know what has to be done as a person who leads, and those things are not being done.
There never was elitism--never intentional elitism. The system rewarded the active. It was the fault of people who weren't if they weren't as powerful. It made sense, at the time, to reward people who had stayed longer. It still does. But we didn't regulate it. That was our fault. But we didn't understand at the time. That's where all of this started from. We both know that.
You and I and everybody else wrote what we wrote because it was what we wanted, not because we were trying to impress people, not because we cared about what other people thought. We learned from doing, over and over again. We picked up from things we believed were mistakes, both in life and in our writing...that's just how humanity works.

And now people have this idea in their heads that if they don't do certain things, they're inadequate. They feel like people look down on them. That's not the way things were ever meant to be when we made this place again, and you know it--but it was the way they turned out.
That was our fault, but we were too young to understand what we were doing. We weren't mature enough to realize the consequences, and everybody is paying for it.

But continuing it like this is no good for anybody. This needs to change. This idea needs to be eradicated. There is a wall between people and it has to be demolished. It's not healthy. It shouldn't work that way. There should never be any poison at all.
When we rebuilt this place, it was intended to remove all the things in the past we believed were harmful. What we didn't realize, was that we hadn't. This is why we have the problems we do. We weren't mature enough to understand what was a problem, and what wasn't.

Now we are, or at least are more than we were before. I agree with you that this cycle is just continuing, over and over again. The people who have the power to change things need control. The people who have the power to control need the power to change. Nobody is willing to compromise. It's Kenny all over again, in the most agonizingly painful way, and we both know how that ends.

Everybody else who has ever led this website, has always compromised. It can't be disputed.
But not now. That's a problem. Until more people speak up and tell him to wake up, that's not going to change. Nothing will change--not the toxicity, not the activity on a permanent basis, not our user levels, and not our reputation.

Sticking your head in the sand is not going to change anything. Ignoring a problem has never, EVER worked. Everybody knows that. We have problems. Instead of talking about them maturely, people decide to ignore them, and wonder why there are still problems.
You solve the problems, then you move on. This is how things work. You can't ignore your bills. You can't ignore the fact that this place makes a nuclear waste facility look like a picnic ground.


After reading Lynette's post, I'm inclined to agree with her. Heavily. She is correct on a massive bulk of accounts she just stated.  There is no single person who is responsible for anything--but there are singular people who have the ability to CHANGE it, who aren't.

It's been said before that if we all talk about things together, that we may have a chance to change things. Unfortunately, nothing can be massively tweaked without that one guy deciding to go along with it...compromising.

It is impossible to make everybody happy. I tried. It didn't work. But it is possible to make MOST people happy, and right now, MOST people are not. That's a problem, and we need to work together and find some solution for it--COMPROMISE.

I am actually glad this is happening, despite that anvil of drama looming precariously over our heads. We really do need to talk about these things calmly and politely instead of Azmoting around all the time, and I do feel like discussing the issues we're feeling might allow for us to get to the root of the problem.
...of course this has been done several times, but something always comes along and blows down the steam, or it just gets completely ignored by people who could do something about it.

But you know, if we give up trying to find a solution, the problem's just going to swallow us whole. It's not fair to the people who put time in here, and it won't be fair to all the people who could potentially use this place just as we once did.

___________________
I do impressions:
"Complaining about people complaining always fixes major issues! Let's do that instead of trying to find a collective solution by talking it out amongst ourselves as a community and point fingers instead of taking responsibility for our actions! While we're at it, let's attempt to satirize and/or demonize everybody who attempt to make a suggestion! Man, we are way better at this than those other people with experience who are trying to help!"


All RP's with Belysa in them are SUSPENDED for activity until further notice.
[Clickable]
Belysa
Belysa

Post Count : 162

Back to top Go down

I'll Be Leaving Now Empty Re: I'll Be Leaving Now

Post by Hikari on October 3rd 2014, 6:20 pm

This topic has been locked. While constructive criticism is always welcome it seems that people have also been including flat-out insults and bashing in their posts -- which isn't.

___________________
I'll Be Leaving Now Elsword___add_kim_by_maryah99-d7bpa7s

"Playing hero gets you nowhere if you aren't ready to act."

Kingdom Hearts RPG Moderator
Resident Asshole
Hikari
Hikari

Post Count : 3071

Back to top Go down

I'll Be Leaving Now Empty Re: I'll Be Leaving Now

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum