» Marionette
I Can Kill All of You EmptyDecember 2nd 2018, 2:31 pm by +/-

» suck on my magnum dong
I Can Kill All of You EmptyOctober 18th 2018, 9:25 pm by Gemini

» It's my birthday.
I Can Kill All of You EmptyOctober 4th 2018, 8:20 pm by Gemini

» EW
I Can Kill All of You EmptySeptember 9th 2018, 3:53 am by Gemini

» What are Your Current Plans for Your Character?
I Can Kill All of You EmptyFebruary 11th 2018, 7:33 pm by Chastelle

Statistics
We have 3557 registered users
The newest registered user is Shirou Seeker of Duckness

Our users have posted a total of 143994 messages in 12544 subjects

I Can Kill All of You

Go down

I Can Kill All of You Empty I Can Kill All of You

Post by Alexander on September 25th 2014, 9:01 am

No, seriously, and you should be more mortified than I am. Also, it happened on total accident.

Alexander by conception I realized, was a jack. He was good at basically everything. Not a master, but hella close. So, I gave him straight sixes across the board. Pretty standard fair I think, except one tiny problem.

So, history time about Alexander. When I first came to KH, I wanted a unique race. Something uniquely me. Something humanoid, but something frightening in its implications. I invented a race called Dissintientibus. Call them The Dissident because it's much shorter of a name. Anyway, these creatures were initially soulless creatures animated by precarious balance between light and dark, but as they evolved off-site into their own story which directly affected how I portrayed Alexander her, they became much more threatening.

Picture a super predator. They are designed to kill. They are designed to survive horrific things visited upon their bodies. They are immune to magic (something I didn't carry over to KH for fairly obvious reasons) and even the powers of Gods because they possess Freedom, the ability to determine their own fate. They exist outside of Death and outside of Destiny, and aside from Alexander they are all vaguely sentient killing machines that are nigh impossible to kill and extremely strong and twisted versions of whatever race they happen to be born from. Think Dead Space meets Mass Effect and add a helping of cosmic horror because the creatures were born to absorb enough negative energy to become powerful enough to kill Gods. Literally kill immortal creatures that could shatter worlds and dimensions in a single bound.

Obviously, they aren't that powerful here.

But, ignoring most of the above we need to focus on the second to last line. Negative Energy Absorption. It works in two stages, and old Alexander rocks highly advanced versions of both abilities. The first is Judgement Sin Eater. Basically, I hulk the fuck out. The longer you fight me, the stronger I get. So, this is why I accidentally got overpowered. Being straight sixes, the highest I can go in terms of increasing my power is 50% of my stats. Nines. I can have straight nines and be almost perfect. I can just naturally maintain these so long as my opponents are aggressive or my environment is full of darkness. THAT is why I hate fighting people. Because A.) It's not fair and B.) everybody agrees with (A) once they stand on the wrong side of it. Weird that they're all okay with it until it's something they have to deal with it IC. It takes my enjoyment out of it too, knowing that I am so much better than all of you.

The second stage is largely irrelevant. It simply restores stamina, but combined with the first I never get tired. I have massive stamina stores of stamina just from fighting you, but now I'm getting even more. Especially considering Alexander has a very lazy fighting style where he just uses magic to push you away and run interference while he stands there and occasionally dodges. That is why my stamina is an issue.

And the thing is, I need to nerf these. I want to nerf these. I've spent my whole morning lamenting this to Etzolix.

"So why don't you?"

Excellent question, straw man. Let me answer your question with another question. "What am I nerfing?"

"The abilities, obviously."

Yes and no. I am going to nerf the shit out of this because while I do somewhat love the idea of crushing all of you beneath my heel while I drink delicious tea, it means that unfortunately the only thing that makes my character interesting are his internal struggles, deep conflict with himself, being a fish out of water exploring an alternate reality, a mission to locate the other half of his power, and the desire to learn why this universe was created wrapped up in the inability to comprehend whether or not this place is truly real or an illusion that he has inadvertently become a part of. Nothing about his character is interesting at all, you see. Only strength matters in a character, and characters that defy these conditions of power can not exist in the universe.

So I have to nerf him and make him struggle and make him fair and make him more interesting. Obviously, since he isn't any other way. But, I want to keep the stat boosts, though they'll be more reasonable when I am done. I'll probably do something interesting with Sin Engine's relationship to Sin Eater- maybe the new universe makes it go haywire and actually reduces his stamina a lot, idk- but I still need one question answered.

Exactly what is the difference between a six, and a nine? Well at old Alexander's tier it's more like a 30 and 45. Alright, so numbers.

What does that mean? I have been asking that question forever, and the only concrete person I have to compare my stats against is Lenny, and that is really frustrating. All we have is this:

Character Rules wrote:As a character, there is an innate limit to power you can have which must remain within the scope of the Kingdom Hearts franchise.  For example, with a great deal of effort and no opposition, someone might be able to ruin a town or small city, as long as they're on top of of their game and RPed the event out fairly.
So... okay? That is literally the vaguest power cap. "I can't total cities except that I can but not really I just have to write well enough to make everything have a fighting chance... okay." Which does't establish a magic limitation, or a strength limitation, and considering the greatest feat of strength we say in KH was the protagonist cut through buildings with little effort in both KHII and DDD and that we can actually never reach that cap, we can cut through building with a little more effort? I digress.

The point being I don't drive my car when I am drunk or blind. To me, nerfing a character is a lot like driving a car. It's just as important to balance when nerfing when it is when constructing, and you only need to truly nerf if you had no idea what you were doing when you built it. Which honestly, despite my experience I didn't because there is nothing solid to compare against. That's a really bad precedent in a system that relies on numbers as a determinator. They aren't being treated as a supplement any more. They are the new system, so that means they have much more weight. However, in a system where numbers are the new currency we still have no idea how to value them. So, we guesstimate. We created a concrete monolith in a fluid environment, but it's closer to a liquid state in and of itself because nobody gets it. Yeah, sure, "Who has the better number? I do!" That's primarily why I can kill all of you. I have better numbers. All of your characters' struggles and develop are worthless because my numbers are higher.

Even more startling, I need to nerf because some people use these undefined numbers as absolute markers and modifiers, turning this "supplementary" system into a system full of absolutes. "This number is higher than yours, so it's guaranteed to hit/affect you". More naive members will buy into that. That's not fair to them, because the numbers are supposed to be a suggestion. But they aren't. They're real, so those people with absolute abilities now have grounds to use them and abuse the number system in a similar fashion to the story system. So much has changed. So very much.

Back to me: I want to nerf. I really do. I mean, it would probably be easier to just not use Alexander but since I have a severe psychological attachment to him born from times of horrific physical and mental abuse it probably won't happen, ha ha. That's also why it's so hard to nerf on my own, and why I reached out for help on doing so before creating the profile and got advice to make my army less powerful. Then I realized that before I'd even done anything I was already not trusted, and decided that, "Wow, that's pretty horrible that nobody trusts one another to use their abilities in a fair and interesting manner," and immediately un-nerfed it.

The only reason KH needed to have the number system is the same reason all of my abilities are ultimately unacceptable. The community is not able to handle freedom when given it without succumbing to the temptation to make powerful and abusive characters to live out their strength fantasy's caused by being oppressed by their parents, stressful work life, or being general social outcasts. And who can blame them? It's not anyone really tried to temper them into a better community. We changed their world and left them to their own devices. Of course the first thing they'd do is become strong. They've always wanted to be strong, because they were tired of being weak. They wanted to be heroes. They wanted to be villains. They wanted to matter because media conditions them to believe that the most important character is the guy who saves the day, not the old man that taught him how or the people that fixed his heroic BSOD.

Back to my point. I think before I'm comfortable nerfing, I want to know what I'm doing. I think either staff or plot team should devise character statistics and use them to make solid comparisons to the currently existing statistic system. It would ultimately benefit the community to be able to compare to people like Sora, Riku, Roxas, or other main protagonists since that's where the majority of their focus seems to lie, though I would probably default to secondary characters instead such as Cloud or Hercules. Knowing which canon character has the highest constitution will also help me nerf my regenration abilities on both of my characters. Alexander Carvarduakaras' isn't actually bad in his current state, but as he ascends it gets worse.

Thanks for your time.
Alexander

Alexander

Back to top Go down

I Can Kill All of You Empty Re: I Can Kill All of You

Post by zdynasty on September 25th 2014, 6:25 pm

Alexander wrote: "All I see here is emptyness" ~zdynasty Alexander

the most useless signature in the world I belive
zdynasty
zdynasty

Back to top Go down

Post by Yima on September 25th 2014, 6:38 pm

A spoiler with peak performance examples in each area added to that disclaimer might do it.

"There is a fine line between genius and insanity; I use it as a jumping rope"

Feel free to send me any feedback you have about site and or ideas.  ^_^

If you have a topic that you want to discus at length to improve the site please do so in the suggestion section so we can all be a part and move forward from there together.

An Amv I Like
Yima
Yima

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander on September 25th 2014, 7:20 pm

I concur with the above.

Alexander

Back to top Go down

Post by zdynasty on September 26th 2014, 5:55 pm

*zelda music plays*

I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it mkay

zdynasty
zdynasty

Back to top Go down

Post by Etzolix on September 26th 2014, 5:56 pm

So, is there any reason you like to spam in topics where discussion are meant to take place?
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by zdynasty on September 26th 2014, 7:13 pm

Nope just did it

zdynasty
zdynasty

Back to top Go down

Post by Etzolix on September 26th 2014, 7:21 pm

Doing this in lighthearted topics is fine, but, otherwise, don't spam.
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum