The Sad Luck of a God (Open)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sad Luck of a God (Open)

Post by Mireya on September 22nd 2014, 7:31 pm

A foreign land; a foreign world. The feeling of stepping into an unknown realm, one that had no connection with oneself, was strange. However, it was different for the cloaked woman that stood in one corner of the busy commercial district, looking at the myriads of people that walked from one side to the other through the shadow of her hood. The fact of being in a different world made her uneasy, and even a little bit sick. For her homeworld had been one with herself, and touching a floor that wasn’t part of her own spirit was a new experience for her.

But she needed to endure: not only for her own self, but for the children that now lived different and distant worlds. The woman needed to remain calm, so that she’d be able to help them if they were in the need.

Nevertheless, this was a strange town indeed: there were too many lights, too many buildings, and people dressed in a very different way than she was used to. Different cultures grew in different ways, but it was her first time seeing such a thing. Not that she cared much about it: she just felt strange for not being able to understand them.

The woman decided to step into the sea of people and look around the city. Men, women and children alike turned their heads to her as she passed by; they didn’t seem to be very used to the sight of her clothing. However, as if taking her as a simple traveler, they quickly turned their gaze to their own matters. Not knowing that there was a fallen goddess amongst them, people continued their everyday lives, and the woman observed, silently, for no particular reason other than to observe.

She didn’t have anything to do: no goals, no dreams and no purpose. Her entire life had been one of servitude to the people that had given life to her, but now that most of them were gone and the few surviving ones were far away from her reach, she literally had nothing to give value to her existence. Should she return to being the goddess she was? Should she make people start believing in her? Or maybe she should switch to another type of ‘profession’?

The woman didn’t know, and she wasn’t sure how to feel about it. At least spending time looking at her new surroundings didn’t sound like a bad idea.

Mireya

RP Words : 0
Munny : 165

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sad Luck of a God (Open)

Post by Krystal on September 22nd 2014, 7:41 pm

Just another normal day in town!

Krystal merrily wandered the streets, oblivious to those townsfolk that actually tried to avoid her.  She was in a good mood today!  Why?  Well, she wasn't quite sure.  The girl thought today would be an exciting day!  Hopefully one without incidents; but if the incidents happened again, then oh well.  That wouldn't be a damper at all!  The young lady understood that things like this happened all the time, so Krystal just learned to brush off odd occurrences that didn't hurt her.

She was pretty sure she heard someone yelling about stubbing his toe a few seconds ago.

Krystal took care of herself to make sure she wouldn't trip like some others had done while carrying heavy objects before at various times of her life, all while glancing around town to see what was going on.  People were kindly purchasing objects at the shops again, and ooh, there seemed to be some sort of special going on at a nearby cafe!  Krystal never actually went to a cafe before.  Maybe today would be her day?

As she walked, she almost brushed a woman in a cloak.  She didn't say anything, but instead stepped around, passing a carefree smile the woman's way.  However, Krystal wasn't done with her.  She seemed really interesting and new - she didn't quite recall this person!  The citizen turned around and began walking backwards with her hands behind her head, curiously examining the woman as she walked.

Krystal

Munny : 225

Back to top Go down

Post by Mireya on September 23rd 2014, 7:07 pm

Though the cloaked woman understood that her current appearance made people look her way, she was certain that no one would try to approach her unless she caused trouble for the community of that world. However, after a few minutes of wandering, someone had appeared before her sight and refused to move away. A green-haired, young girl, one that walked backwards in front of the hooded woman, simply looking at her with a smile on her face.

The fallen goddess thought it wasn't necessary to react in any way and kept moving forwards, believing that she'd get tired after a while. But as the girl refused to leave, the woman finally stopped on her tracks, and she too began to examine the new encounter. Yes, she looked like a normal girl... but something about her was "off". She couldn't point out exactly what it was, but something felt strange, and even a little bit dangerous, about that seemingly-carefree girl.

There was no need to initiate interaction. However, probably because there was nothing else to do with her time, the hooded woman thought it wouldn't be a bad idea to exchange some words with her. It'd be the first words she'd speak to a human after years of silence:

"What is it, little girl?" Her voice was clear, as if she had been talking with someone else just a minute ago. "You've followed me, yet I don't understand the reason. Is something the matter?"

Mireya

Back to top Go down

Post by Krystal on September 23rd 2014, 7:28 pm

Krystal tilted her head as she continued to walk backwards.  Was she being watched back?  Huh...was she that interesting?  Or wait, did the other person find it rude to stare?  Oh, Krystal didn't mean to be rude!  Maybe she should stop?  As much as she wanted to, her pace just slowed down instead, her gaze veering slightly away.

It only turned back when the woman spoke.  Krystal's head remained tilted, confused about why someone so confusing would ask something like that.  Perhaps she just acted strange and didn't understand things.  That was okay too!  Krystal didn't understand things either, such as why people tended to not want her help as of recent.  Krystal was pretty certain that was just because they didn't need the help was all!  Then again, they did tend to stumble afterwards...

Oh, right, the person.  "Sorry, ma'am," Krystal apologized hastily when she snapped out of her thoughts, "You were just...different.  I've never seen you around here before, and it's so weird seeing someone different than normal hanging around here."  Truthfully, Krystal never kept track of the townsfolk, but the girl could tell who looked like they belonged and who didn't look like they belonged.  And this lady was certainly a mystery.

Krystal

Back to top Go down

Post by Mireya on September 23rd 2014, 8:17 pm

Different, is it? Yes, the hooded woman was certainly different from the rest of the citizens, but for someone to come and tell her that... she didn't know if she just really stood out, or if the young girl in front of her simply acted differently than the rest of her fellow humans. Even though she was a goddess, she still understood human society rather well, so it puzzled her that someone would approach her like that.

But the girl had piqued her curiosity, at the very least: both because she had been the first to approach her and because of that strange essence the cloaked woman could feel from her heart.

"You hadn't seen me before, because I just arrived to this world." The woman said in a rather monotone tone of voice, like that of an automated machine. "I am a being from above this realm, but circumstances have forced me to wander about this town. Nowhere to go. No objective or goal."

"A good time it is to ask: young girl, what is the name of this place? And just what are you? For you're also rather odd in my eyes."

Mireya

Back to top Go down

Post by Krystal on September 23rd 2014, 9:05 pm

Krystal listened calmly. She would probably be kicking her legs if she was sitting down but that wasn't the case right now. It was so weird hearing her talk about beings from above realms or something. It took awhile, but Krystal was eventually able to put two and two together. Was she...was this lady talking about being a god? Er, Goddess. Right. But spelling was irrelevant; if she was a Goddess, that would be really cool! Krystal could say she met a Goddess before!

But right now she seemed lost. Krystal smiled and turned around finally. Not leaving, though, she instead responded, "This place is called Radiant Garden. It's a pretty nice place, really." The girl probably only thought that because she never really left town. Occasionally she visited the canyons nearby but other than that she stayed in town. Why were there blue rocks, actually? Was that normal?

Now for the other question. "What am I?" Krystal mimicked before responding, "Well, my name is Krystal Kaleido! I'm just a normal citizen here in town!" There was a pause before she added, "...well, one that is able to fight creatures and such." That wasn't really normal, was it?

Krystal

Back to top Go down

Post by Mireya on September 24th 2014, 5:50 pm

Radiant Garden. The name, at least, had a pleasant ring to it. It sounded by a place that was always under the warmth of light, much like the world the woman used to live in. The girl's name, Krystal, was pleasant as well: she seemed to be one that let her inner light show with ease, just like a transparent crystal. However, her last few words left the goddess a bit perplexed.

"Creatures?" She repeated. "I wouldn't imagine a place like this having fiends to fight against." She'd understand wild animals, but not beings that could be considered "creatures". Maybe Krystal had just mixed her words.

"But I see: so not even a world like this is free of dangers." The woman released a sigh, closed her eyes for a few seconds, and then faced the cheerful girl again. "Little girl, would you happen to know if there is a temple in this town? I need a place to rest. Temples are my best option."

It didn't seem like a society that relied on religion... then again, maybe she was wrong. She decided to bet against her initial thoughts.

Mireya

Back to top Go down

Post by Krystal on September 24th 2014, 6:13 pm

Krystal didn't say anymore about the creatures she was referring to. She pretty much understood what she meant, and anyone who stuck around here found out exactly what Krystal would be talking about. Some questioned if the girl was the cause of the problem, but she just brushed it off - that was silly! Krystal would never do anything to hurt anyone! She didn't quite understand people.

"A...temple?" Krystal mimicked, like she had never heard of one before. They might've had one, but she wasn't quite sure. It wasn't like she had a reason to visit. Maybe she went to visit a few times only to get distracted by someone else. Ugh, curse her extremely odd memory.

"We...might have one," Krystal said, her enthusiasm wavering as if she had no clue what she was talking about, "But, uh, I'm not sure exactly what I'm looking for. In short, I, er, don't remember. Sorry."

Krystal

Back to top Go down

Post by Mireya on September 24th 2014, 6:58 pm

"...I see."

A temple was a place where the prayers and deepest thoughts of people were heard by deities. If these higher beings existed or not, it didn't matter; the fact that the wishes of people filled the air of such places was enough for Mireya, a goddess that lived because she existed in her believers' minds. If a citizen of this town wasn't sure if a templed existed or not, chances were it didn't.

"I'll have to see if I can find one on my own."

The goddess considered leaving at that same moment, ignoring the girl standing in the middle of the road. However, something caught her attention. It was something that she could only feel and see when it was already up close. In the darkest corner of an alley covered by the shadow of a tall building, a pair of yellow eyes looked in their direction. The owner of those eyes was a small creature, similar to an ant, but lacking the same number of legs and other features. It just stared at them, as if studying the two girls.

"Is that one of the creatures you were talking about?" The woman pointed her finger at the Heartless. "It looks like a being made out of pure darkness... and I don't think I've ever seen anything like-"

No, she had. Back at her world. It wasn't exactly the same... but the darkness that had attacked her back then 'felt' more or less the same.

"I can tell that it's dangerous."
She'd interrupt her own words to say that. "You said you could exterminate it?"

Mireya

Back to top Go down

Post by Krystal on September 24th 2014, 7:06 pm

Ooh, ooh, maybe Krystal could help find the temple! Krystal hadn't been able to help much recently, so the girl was really excited that someone might need her help! If not, then that was okay, too. Krystal was pretty sure she could find something else to do to help someone else. And if not that, then she could entertain herself. Maybe someone would play with her!

But then the woman pointed out something. Krystal's gaze followed the hooded woman's tot he creature in the alleyway. "Uh oh, a Heartless," Krystal breathed before turning, her gauntlets accidentally reflecting sunlight into someone else's eyes. The girl, without saying much, rushed into the alleyway, jumped int he air, and delivered a heavy smash of her right fist into the skull of the creature. It hit the ground hard, and Krystal continued smashing it until it vanished. She had to restrict herself to stop smashing the ground; sometimes she got carried away.

"I did it!" Krystal merrily responded, waving back to the other woman.

Krystal

Back to top Go down

Post by Mireya on September 24th 2014, 7:45 pm

The woman just observed as the girl rushed towards the creature of darkness and began battling against it. Part of her attention was put into the person whose eyes had been forced to close by the reflected light of Krystal's gauntlets. The person, surprisingly, tripped when that happened, and a few other people that were close behind stumbled with his body. Somehow, that Krystal girl seemed to be surrounded by misfortune. That was both interesting and extremely strange.

When the girl shouted "I did it!", the goddess looked at her with expressionless eyes.

"Being so rash... not a good idea." Her finger pointed deeper into the alley. "You called for more."

Around 10-or-so copies of the same creature crawled from the darkness towards the girl. After seeing her exterminate the first creature so easily just a few seconds ago, the goddess didn't doubt she'd be able to survive the following battle against them. However, the rest of the citizens didn't know that, as they began to flee the scene as soon as they noticed that a large number of Heartless was swarming into that same street.

"Young girl, capture one for me." The goddess suddenly asked... but maybe 'demanded' is a better word. "I may reward you if you do."

Mireya

Back to top Go down

Post by Krystal on September 24th 2014, 8:14 pm

Krystal looked to her side and was surprised by the sudden Heartless attack. There were quite a few of them, but those were just the weak ones, so it was fine. Krystal was pretty sure she could handle this! For now, she needed room to fight. Being in an alley's corner wasn't the best idea in her book! The girl leapt back, dodging some of their really sharp-looking claws, and landed a bit outside the alleyway. Alright, this would do.

The girl rushed back forwards, delivering a swift uppercut to one before giving a swift kick to another one. The girl landed the fastest she could and delivered another heavy punch to one, knocking it into another. The girl, even though not worn out, delivered a swift Counter Burst to knock away those around her. A couple of them were destroyed, and Krystal was just adding to their numbers after the magic burst.

The girl only then remembered what the lady had asked. Right! A capture! That sounded weird, but she could do it! Krystal rushed forwards and punched one of the nearby ones and immediately rushed over to sock another one. With one left in sight, Krystal rushed at it and pinned it down by its arms. It's strength didn't match the fighter's, so it was stuck.

The girl merrily carried it back while holding its stubby little arms. "Got it!" Krystal proudly announced.

Krystal

Back to top Go down

Post by Mireya on September 24th 2014, 9:11 pm

Most of the creatures had been destroyed, and the surviving one was pinned down to the ground by Krystal's hands. The girl didn't look like much, but she most certainly was stronger than the common mortal.

"Well done." The goddess felt she needed to give recognition where it was due, so she briefly congratulated the girl before moving towards the captured foe. It resisted violently against Krystal's strength, but the girl seemed to be strong enough to keep holding it down without much effort. The goddess, thus, kneeled before the beast, and stared at it in silence for more than a minute. Her eyes looked at everything that could be seen, and when that wasn't enough, she even looked at what was inside. However, it was a simple creature, which is why it didn't take her long to stand up again.

"I understand a little what this is now." She said, but then added: "But I can't comprehend how such a thing can exist."

It wouldn't have been a surprise for her if it had been only one... but there appeared to be far more of those dark creatures than she could imagine.

"Little girl, guide me through those streets." The goddess pointed at the very same alley from where the Heartless had come from. "The creatures acted like animals. They possibly have a nest. It is necessary to check."

She didn't add anything else. Of course, her intention wasn't to investigate for the sake of the citizens: they could easily take care of themselves, and she had no obligation to help humans that didn't know of her. However, she was interested in the creatures, and if they had a nest, then there probably was a clue about their origins or, at least, their means of transport.

For the goddess couldn't believe that they were monsters from this world.

Mireya

Back to top Go down

Post by Krystal on September 24th 2014, 9:24 pm

Now that Krystal looked at it, it was kind of adorable. Even if it was struggling and wanted to kill her, she still wanted to keep one as a pet. Sadly, she wouldn't be able to - again, it would try and kill her. The girl calmly held it with a positive smile on her face until the lady was done. She said she understood and really, Krystal understood how easy the Heartless were to comprehend. After all, they were just darkness in killy, murdery beast form. And adorable - can't forget that part.

"Their 'nest?'" Krystal responded curiously. She wanted to help hunt the creatures? Krystal had a few ideas about this. "Okay!" Krystal cheered, accidentally crushing the Heartless' arms in the process. She stared at the Heartless as it poofed into dark smoke before adding, "...Oopsie."

The young girl just went back to grinning at her new companion, continuing where she left off, "The Heartless tend to be in larger, more civilized areas, I've noticed. Maybe because they can hunt hearts better there?" The question was rhetorical, but Krystal wouldn't have minded a response either. After all, the Heartless still left the girl with questions.

"Um..." Krystal began, looking around, "Let's try this way!" Krystal happily began to walk down a random street she just decided to pick out. As she did, people cautiously moved out of her way. A cart's backdoor opened and released all the vegetables inside to stumble onto the ground, some people almost tripping over said vegetables. Huh, that seemed kind of dangerous. Those doors should be shut more tightly.

Krystal

Back to top Go down

Post by Mireya on September 24th 2014, 9:36 pm

Calamities happened all around them as they walked. First the thing with the vegetables, then a person getting bit by a dog that got released from its chain the same moment Krystal walked by, a window breaking, a flower pot almost killing a man... the list went on, and the goddess probably even noticed half of what really happened. Not only the Heartless, but the girl was also bizarre in a way. It could be agued that she was more of a threat than the heart-hunting beasts.

...and talking about them, they hadn't crossed paths with more enemies ever since. Those 12 that had gone after them before appeared to be the only ones in that specific area, but no matter which dark passage they crossed, there was no sign of more.

"It is possible that the curse you carry is drawing them away." The goddess would say at some point. "Though, in reality, they should be drawn to you instead..."

As she spoke, she saw a certain something in the ground. It wasn't anything special, so she would have ignored it if she hadn't been searching for something similar. It was a lid of sorts, in the middle of the street, one that seemed to open a hole that went underground.

"Where does that lead to?"
The woman asked Krystal, pointing her finger at the manhole cover right up ahead.

Mireya

Back to top Go down

Post by Krystal on September 24th 2014, 9:46 pm

Krystal hummed as she walked, slightly oblivious to all the things around her that were happening. She was used to seeing catastrophic things going on around town, though she wished she could find the source. And that people stopped blaming her. She didn't do anything! She was just an ordinary person last she checked. It wasn't her fault that someone's house caught on fire. She didn't touch the oven!

"Curse?" Krystal questioned, not turning around so she could see where she was going, "I'm not quite sure what you're talking about." She probably would've questioned it more if she didn't notice what the other woman noticed. "Oh, the manhole!" Krystal informed, "It leads to the sewage system underground. Y'know, where all the sewage from houses go. I think they filter it or something, but it's probably a really big maze too."

Something clicked in her head. "We should check it out!" Krystal cheered, "The Heartless might be down there!" Without a thought, Krystal rushed over, picked up the manhole cover, and threw it behind her, accidentally knocking someone else out in the process. Then she proceeded to attempt to hop in, only deciding the ladder was a safer way down and using that instead.

Krystal

Back to top Go down

Post by Mireya on September 25th 2014, 6:27 pm

The goddess followed Krystal down the stairs. She, too, considered jumping down instead of doing it the normal way, but she needed to take care of her body, now that her existence was more fragile. The darkness was thicker than she imagined down there: even though there were rays of light here and there to guide those who traversed the sewers, it still looked like a good hiding spot for the creatures of darkness.

Without waiting for confirmation, she began to walk down the first path she saw. The place really was like a maze: there was a new path to take every 20 steps or so, and because she lacked the same type of "omnipresent eyes" as she did years ago, the goddess didn't know which one to follow, and ended up leaving it to luck.

After a while, though, their fortune (or misfortune), smiled on them: a large numbers of Heartless were loitering around in an open area, a few feet away from their position. It wasn't a nest, but considering the number of them, it was probably a few more areas up ahead.

"It's not necessary to fight them here." She said. "We can just find another route to continue... however, on the long run, exterminating them could be useful. You decide, little girl."

Mireya

Back to top Go down

Post by Krystal on September 25th 2014, 11:22 pm

Krystal examined the sewers for her first time. She simply never dove into the sewers before because, well, she never needed to hop into the sewers before. After all, they were slimy and icky. She paid good money for this dress and didn't feel like falling in to someone's crap! Literally! She could smell it from where she was standing...oh, there went her friend!

The girl tagged along happily behind the hooded woman before noticing the Heartless horde. She tilted her head to examine them. It seemed they didn't notice the women yet. They did have the upper hand here, however, Krystal didn't feel like wasting more unwanted energy. It was a bad thing to be lazy, yes, but for now she felt like saving her energy for the big boss at the end! That's how these adventures worked, right?

"Maybe we should find another way," Krystal suggested, "I'm pretty sure we'll need more energy for the leader if we bump into it. Or whatever else lurks in a sewer." She wasn't quite sure what did, but it was probably slimy and scaly and icky. No thank you!

Krystal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top