Laughing Clowns [Etzolix, Open]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Laughing Clowns [Etzolix, Open]

Post by Oriel on September 17th 2014, 8:10 am

It was a fine summer evening in Prankster's Paradise as Oriel landed her gummi ship ever so carefully in a field not so far from the amusement park. Easy weather catered her for an easy landing, just like that the ship gently touched down on the long grass. The white mage hadn't visited this world before but by what she had heard it seemed like a nice enough world to visit. Oriel stepped out of her gummi ship to feel a warm breeze flow through her long blue hair. Through the long grass the young girl walked towards the amusement park entrance. The rides made loud noises as they went around tracks with addition to screams here and there, the place was full of life and movement, something Oriel was about to get in on.

Paying her entry fee at the gate she was greeted with an overly warm welcome. Once through the gate the girl paused for a moment, took in a deep breath and looked around at all the things she could go and do. Her crimson eyes glared with excitement as they laid upon the roller coaster. However that was short lived, with her torso slightly stretched with this breath the girl felt her stomach rumble, her eyes darting to a caravan selling hot food. With that the girl exhaled and walked over to the caravan. On her way over she passed another stall, in it there were a set of five clowns that each rotated from side to side as children stuck balls in their mouths... it was pretty weird, also rather creepy Oriel thought. Arriving at the food stall Oriel already had an idea on what she'd order which was some fries and a hotdog. After receiving her food she walked around, eating her hotdog as her fries were in a cup in her free hand, ready to be dug into right after the hotdog.

Oriel

RP Words : 0
Munny : 65

Back to top Go down

Re: Laughing Clowns [Etzolix, Open]

Post by Etzolix on September 17th 2014, 8:50 am

Nobody goes to an amusement park alone. Whatever Etzolix was thinking, as he stood near the entrance, leaning on a nearby wall waiting for someone to arrive, he realized his mistake. He chose an amusement park of all places. To be fair, this was the only place he could manage this feat, but that didn't make it any easier to endure. The vigilante just wanted to get along with it, especially now that there was an entire world to impress. How could he resist the temptation?

Eventually, his patience would prove fruitful. A sole female, with peculiar hair an eyes entered the amusement park. There was no one to accompany her, but that didn't mean she was here alone. Not yet, anyway. She could be meeting up with someone, or she could be early for a group event. He needed to ensure that she was alone, or at least alone enough.

"Peculiar, isn't she?" He commented, only to be met with a deadpan retort. "Pots and kettles."

Sighing, he watched her a bit, but made sure not to watch her too closely. He didn't want to come off as a creep. At least, not anyone who may be watching him. As she wandered a bit and retrieved some food, he figured he'd seen enough to know that if she wasn't meeting someone while she ate, then she was here alone. Or that she'd be here alone long enough for him to do what he needed. Perfect.

Walking towards her, he would exude confidence, not caring to hide his interest. The white haired, young adult would step before her. He dressed exceptionally well for someone going to an amusement park, but none of that mattered. "Not to bother, but I noticed you were by yourself. I'm trying to go on the ferris wheel, but they won't let me use an entire cart myself. Mind joining?" He asked, flashing both of the tickets he had. He wasn't entirely truthful about the situation. Actually, one could argue the only truth was that there was a ferris wheel involved in the story. "I mean, I know it's weird and all, but..." He continued, using the unfinished sentence as a point for her to reply.

Etzolix

Munny : 2126

Back to top Go down

Post by Oriel on September 17th 2014, 9:48 am

As Oriel finished off her meal by eating the last few chips she continued to look around, her attention being brought to the massive ferris wheel. From there it was without a doubt that that ride was to be her second option. She was completely oblivious to the person walking towards her until she was actually spoken to, which gave her a small fright resulting in her taking a step back and doing a double take of whether he was talking to her or not. After a brief moment the girl accepted that it was indeed her that he was talking to so she listened, while doing so she examined the young male and his different features.

Her demeanor was obviously shy as he spoke to her, her thought process instantly thinking of how she should respond to this random offer. She did want to go on the ferris wheel and going alone seemed to not be an option, plus he had already bought tickets. But on the other hand she had no idea who he was and whether it would be safe to go with him or not. In these instances the mage could usually handle herself so she reached a decision.

There was a bit of a pause after the male left her with a "but" to respond with but finally the girl spoke, her voice a little nervous and shy as she responded. "Sure, I'll come with you." Her words were followed by a shaky laugh, something she couldn't help. It was strange how she could easily talk with people in her home world but not anywhere else, not to complete strangers like this man. With that the girl ate her last chip and crunched up the cup that held her chips as her eyes searched for a bin.

Oriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Etzolix on September 17th 2014, 11:38 am

"Sweet." He continued, confidently. His stride showed no hesitation or caution, as he threw all worries to the wind. As he expected her to follow him to the ferris wheel, he would begin some conversation, considering her shy demeanor. No wonder she was here alone, it was going to be difficult to coax her to talk, but he supposed he didn't need her particularly comfortable.

"So, what brings you to an amusement park all by yourself? No one wanted to tag along?" He asked, wondering if he could pry something out of her to help time pass more quickly. He was focused on other things, but he didn't let it show. His attention would seemingly be on getting to the ferris wheel and whatever she had to say. Unfortunately for her, he would be listening well enough to remember anything she said. He was hoping she wasn't the clingy quiet type that latched onto anyone who gave attention. Those were always the most difficult to break away from. Etzolix wasn't particularly moral, but it was kind of cold to do that to someone. Then again, I am a hypocrite, so.

Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Oriel on September 26th 2014, 2:20 am

The white mage nodded before running to a bin to dump her cup then back to the stranger. Alongside him she walked as they went towards the ferris wheel. In the amount of silence Oriel looked around awkwardly as it was obvious she wasn't going to be the first to make conversation. There were a lot of things to look at anyway, lights everywhere and different stalls with games for toys, none of which peaked much interest other than the overly large stuffed animals but they looked difficult to win... without magic that was but Oriel wasn't one to cheat like that. Lost in thought for a moment the silence had been broken by the man asking why she was here alone, it was an amusement park after all, a place to have fun with friends and family.

"Uh, I guess I didn't know this was here before I arrived so I decided I'd check it out.. What about you?" She ended with a small chuckle. She wasn't sure if she was meant to let people know that she wasn't from this world or not but she hoped that she hadn't given it away too much. The only way he'd know was if he too was an inter-worldly traveler like herself. Oriel shrugged it off, it wasn't something she should worry about too much. She turned to face the man, taking in his facial features and indie as hell face tattoo before realizing she didn't even know his name. After giving him time to respond to her first question she asked, "So who are you?" Everything she said was in a nice tone however her lack of good social skills and way of speaking probably made her seem weird, something she worried about but couldn't help.

Oriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Etzolix on September 26th 2014, 7:14 am

"What do you mean, 'you didn't know this was here'?" He asked, not particularly interested in what she meant, but pretending to be so. There were other things on his mind, such as the long line for the ferris wheel. He was lucky to have grabbed tickets earlier, but they would still have to wait in line, which was rather lengthy. So, he might as well continue with the small talk, eh? It wasn't as if silence would help the time pass. Glancing at his watch, he answered, "I am vengeance. I am the night. I. Am. Batman."

He wasn't being serious in the slightest, but he figured being stupid would be more appealing than succinct. "Nah, the name's Etzolix. Strange, I know. I didn't choose it." He clarified, tired of getting complaints about his name. It's not like he came from a typical town. Is this was black people had to deal with? Is this what women had to deal with? Oh my god. Poor black women. "What about you?" He responded, out of courtesy. This was how society danced around, after all.

Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Oriel on September 26th 2014, 9:45 am

"Dunno, I just never really noticed it here before." That wasn't a complete lie whether it mattered or not. She just wasn't exactly giving a straight answer. Either way it didn't really matter so long as he didn't ask too much more about it. He didn't exactly seem as though he was from around here just by appearances but Oriel wouldn't ask about it. Approaching the cue the girl's lips scrunched up to one side of her face for a second before returning to normal. Usually she'd be patient but with so much happening around her as she'd have to wait made the time go much slower, her general uselessness at conversation probably added to that too.

Oriel's eyes squinted as she watched the gentleman stare down at his watch and say some pretty strange shit she ain't eva heard of before, probably something from a movie. For a moment she paused. That was pretty weird. What? Is this guy crazy? What does he want with me? Her thoughts were somewhat quietened by Etzolix further introducing himself, his personality and name giving off that indeed he was a strange one but maybe not completely crazy? Oriel wasn't too sure at this point but at least if things got nasty she could handle herself. She did tend to worry about things too much after all. After a short breath Oriel was to respond.

"I'm Oriel, suppose I got a weird name too." She laughed nervously at the end looking forward. Her fingers raised to her forehead as she thought 'ohhh god it's not even funny.' As her arm quickly fell back down the girl looked over to Etzolix then forward again. It definitely was a weird name for him to have, more weird than Oriel, she didn't really think they got weirder than that.

Oriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Etzolix on September 26th 2014, 1:33 pm

She wasn't observant. Either that, or she was just evasive about her experiences in the world. It didn't particularly matter. She said her name and that was about it. She laughed about how weird it was, despite the joke not being funny, and Etzolix couldn't help but lightly laugh along. Contrary to popular belief, he wasn't laughing with her, but at her. Luckily, he knew how to make it seem as if he was giving a polite, courtesy chuckle so she wouldn't feel uncomfortable.

"Listen," He said, breaking whatever tension would be there afterwards. "I'm not patient enough to wait, so just follow my lead." As he began cutting the line, he waved his hand at anyone who voiced any opposition. Obviously, some would complain, but with enough illusion magic, this was exactly what they wanted. As he approached the worker, he waved his hand in front of him and said, "We're next."

Eagerly, he allowed them to pass. As Etzolix led them to an empty compartment, he opened the door and allowed Oriel to go in first, giving her the choice of whichever side she preferred. It made no difference to him. The vigilante was just waiting to make his move. It was all a matter of patience, which was only circumstantially short. Waiting in line was an unnecessarily long step, especially when he was so close to the endgame.

Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top