» Marionette
Creating a T1 Area EmptyDecember 2nd 2018, 2:31 pm by +/-

» suck on my magnum dong
Creating a T1 Area EmptyOctober 18th 2018, 9:25 pm by Gemini

» It's my birthday.
Creating a T1 Area EmptyOctober 4th 2018, 8:20 pm by Gemini

» EW
Creating a T1 Area EmptySeptember 9th 2018, 3:53 am by Gemini

» What are Your Current Plans for Your Character?
Creating a T1 Area EmptyFebruary 11th 2018, 7:33 pm by Chastelle

Statistics
We have 3557 registered users
The newest registered user is Shirou Seeker of Duckness

Our users have posted a total of 143994 messages in 12544 subjects

Creating a T1 Area

Go down

Creating a T1 Area Empty Creating a T1 Area

Post by Alexander Carvardukaras on September 11th 2014, 1:48 pm

From the title, a few of you will immediately ask the question, "What is a T1 Area?"

The Competitive Side of Kingdom Hearts

Now, a few members aren't happy with the story system as it is. Be that because there is a statistic system, or because it's not rife with enough conflict to keep them happy, I can only discern on an individual basis. Were I to name names, I would call upon three individuals whom I know for a fact want something more competitive but, at the same time, these same people must concede that it's not a grand idea to have another site wide change in system. It simply isn't feasible.

But, additions to the existing system are another matter entirely. Imagine a small area of Kingdom Hearts entirely devoted to competition and competitive story telling, without affecting the rest of the site or members unless they chose to venture into it. An isolated area, if you will, that functioned as the KHRPG equivalent of a Special Economic Zone that changed the system for players only in that place.

I present you with the concept of T(Tier)1 Competitive Roleplaying. Many story sites cater to members who enjoy telling stories, but also equally enjoy having the thrill of competition. Rather than separate the two by forcing them to venture into different sites, they create an area with sole focus on the thrill of succeeding and the desperation of combat.

Kingdom Hearts RPG can lend a unique spin to this system, making Munny matter like it was meant to when first implemented some months ago. It also has a vast amount of weapons, accessories, armor, and magic to lend to the system itself, making it a highly varied and interesting method of growth and power acquisition where one mistake means you have to start over. In fact, combat is much more intensive here. Because there are no inherently vast power differences, fights are primarily determined by the cleverness and creativity of the combatants, as well as their selected load out.

A sample version of this system is easy to create and display. I must insist that the system remain simple initially, as I have described it. As it ages it can be modified to be fresh, but attempting to add extras in such as custom abilities and weapons in the beginning will disable a concept of balance that could otherwise be developed from observing the natural "KH version" of the system. The system and area itself would be uniquely ours, and alarmingly easily to implement. Most other members may know it is there, but may not ever need to deal with it.
Alexander Carvardukaras
Alexander Carvardukaras

Back to top Go down

Creating a T1 Area Empty Re: Creating a T1 Area

Post by Ander on September 11th 2014, 3:13 pm

I like it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ander on September 11th 2014, 3:13 pm

The idea I mean, it sounds Interesting.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hikari on September 11th 2014, 6:07 pm

Why not? It seems like some people here desire a competitive fix and it's not like it'd have to take up too much space. Hell, we could probably make it rather interesting too.

Why not have it so that the competitive area is in fact the prison Sora and Co. were thrown into. Players could create (a) separate character(s) there and make it mainly PVP focused. It could be like a neverending tournament with constantly changing environments that require adaptive strategy. We could also have it so that the Kupo Mall instead becomes the Digital Bazaar -- where combatants/prisoners can purchase a new slot for spells, equipment, and other things of the sort to create as well as various other products and services of interest: such as the ability to redesign one's attributes or temporary bonuses that can be executed in the next battle or provide a passive effect. None of the bonuses would be OP of course, it'd still have to abide by rules, and the alteration of one's attributes would still have to work the way as it did before: meaning it'd just be reassigning them.

Users themselves would of course be free to arrange battles and spars between each other at any point in time but there'd also be contests regularly posted in which a combatant could sign up for battles with special conditions against all sorts of different opponents. If the contest didn't get the required amount of combatants it'd be canceled but otherwise things would play out like a tournament -- with special rewards for the winners and all starting out on equal ground via having to choose a limited number of equipment to bring into battle and not being able to bring in any temporary bonuses bought into the contest.

It's just an outline but I think it has potential if it's decided to implement this.

"Playing hero gets you nowhere if you aren't ready to act."

Kingdom Hearts RPG Moderator
Resident Asshole
Hikari
Hikari

Back to top Go down

Post by Yima on September 11th 2014, 6:08 pm

This is like what you had talked to me about earlier with locked in none custom abilities bringing a rise to being clever and utilizing everything at your disposal; that is what i got outta that part at least.

Digital Bazaar sounds good xD; sounds like the tough part of town.

"There is a fine line between genius and insanity; I use it as a jumping rope"

Feel free to send me any feedback you have about site and or ideas.  ^_^

If you have a topic that you want to discus at length to improve the site please do so in the suggestion section so we can all be a part and move forward from there together.

An Amv I Like
Yima
Yima

Back to top Go down

Post by Beta Genesis on September 11th 2014, 6:32 pm

So... KHRPG PVP? That's what I'm getting from this.
This site is slowly turning into a writing MMO then?
Beta Genesis
Beta Genesis

Back to top Go down

Post by Etzolix on September 11th 2014, 6:56 pm

That's all it's been really. A mix between MMO and fanfiction.

But this suggestion sections off the MMO in its own sub-pocket-universe-thing.
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Carvardukaras on September 11th 2014, 6:56 pm

Icarus wrote:Players could create (a) separate character(s) there and make it mainly PVP focused. It could be like a neverending tournament with constantly changing environments that require adaptive strategy. We could also have it so that the Kupo Mall instead becomes the Digital Bazaar -- where combatants/prisoners can purchase a new slot for spells, equipment, and other things of the sort to create as well as various other products and services of interest

This, but no creation right now. The KH series itself provides a massive amount of premade spells and items that require no approval aside from a simple exchange of currency. Ideally, the system remains simple.

Yima wrote:This is like what you had talked to me about earlier with locked in none custom abilities bringing a rise to being clever and utilizing everything at your disposal; that is what i got outta that part at least.

Digital Bazaar sounds good xD; sounds like the tough part of town.

Indeed, I personally like the way it sounds. "Digital Bazaar" has a ring to it. Personally, versus a prison, I always saw it as being in a variety of locations ranging from the now defunct Light Cycle Arena from Space Paranoids to the Mirage Arena. Either one allows for a full reconstruction of a variety of environments and even enemies as special Fighters Vs. Challenges.

Needless to say, I prefer the premade spells and weapons, and I see members getting even fourth level spells through consistant survival and dedication.

Die, and you start over with a new character. No excuses. Lose a match, you suffer a penalty of Munny. If not munny, equipment. There would be cause for staff that specialized in mediating matches, overseeing transactions, and deciding outcomes of other matches that simply are unable to be decided for one reason or another IC.

Beta Genesis wrote:So... KHRPG PVP? That's what I'm getting from this.
This site is slowly turning into a writing MMO then?
...is that not why the site exists? We aren't here to write with only ourselves, usually, ha ha.
Alexander Carvardukaras
Alexander Carvardukaras

Back to top Go down

Post by Beta Genesis on September 11th 2014, 7:22 pm

Alexander Carvardukaras wrote:...is that not why the site exists? We aren't here to write with only ourselves, usually, ha ha.

Well yes.

I mean more so along the lines of system integration. When I read this I literally picture every MMO game I've played. Trying to decide between the American -FULL- PVP Server and the American "do whatever the hell it is you do" Server. I guess what I'm getting at is. Your explanation isn't entirely clear to me. My head is picturing your thoughts in various ways. I'm wanting to see how it'll affect the layout and abilities of writing here on site.

Basically I want to see it in action as it is hard to narrow down and picture appropriately. As headlong rush-tastic as that sounds.

Sorry. Just not really sure on how to word my thoughts properly on this.
Beta Genesis
Beta Genesis

Back to top Go down

Post by Belysa on September 11th 2014, 8:51 pm

There is nothing wrong with the system we have currently. We're simply at a transition phase right now that we just have to pass through.

Do we need to make munny important again? Yes. But this is not the best way to both get action and competition going again while making it relevant. I'm with Beta on this one...I honestly can't see this working out and it sounds like an MMO.

"Complaining about people complaining always fixes major issues! Let's do that instead of trying to find a collective solution by talking it out amongst ourselves as a community and point fingers instead of taking responsibility for our actions! While we're at it, let's attempt to satirize and/or demonize everybody who attempt to make a suggestion! Man, we are way better at this than those other people with experience who are trying to help!"

All RP's with Belysa in them are SUSPENDED for activity until further notice.
[Clickable]
Belysa
Belysa

Back to top Go down

Post by Etzolix on September 11th 2014, 8:54 pm

This isn't a change in the system. This is a completely different area meant for something else. This has no relevance to the worlds themselves.
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Etzolix on September 11th 2014, 8:54 pm

also pancake ass nickel lmao
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Beta Genesis on September 11th 2014, 9:10 pm

Geronimo wrote:This isn't a change in the system. This is a completely different area meant for something else. This has no relevance to the worlds themselves.

I figured as much. Doesn't make it any less harder to picture how it'll work.
Beta Genesis
Beta Genesis

Back to top Go down

Post by Etzolix on September 11th 2014, 9:12 pm

I was speaking to Bel, who seemed to apply that this was going to affect the site as a whole, which I would be adamantly against.
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander on September 20th 2014, 1:55 pm

While I'm in the mood, I'll revisit this as it seems like a constructive outlet for related frustrations.

Now, in terms of this area it would need to be it's own category. I don't imagine it being very large. It could potentially replace the tournament section, but for sake of convenience I would suggest placing directly below the OOC area. The categoery would be named something, preferably for the area it takes place in. Because it's what I most easily picture, we'll just call it the Mirage Arena.

So, the Mirage Arena. It has _ forums. The first is a rules forum. It is a separate section, so it needs its own rules.  These can be derived from past the current statistic system and actually doesn't require to list any forbidden abilities, since they are all pre-made by this point. If at a later date custom abilities are introduced, then this section will be updated to include various forbidden talents I'm sure. It should also include rules of combat, which would be relatively simple to determine. I will say these rules need to be strictly enforced. Not with punishment but corrective action. Punishment is reserved for wanton rule breakers.

The second is the Character Forum. This is, of course, the forum where we would submit characters. Characters would all be the same tier. They do not advanced from this tier. Their starting stats are uniform. These stats do not change. Stamina is not a statistic. For comparison, every starting is Sora, minus a Keyblade. Characters will then choose their load out. These are beginner level spells chosen of the Digital Bazaar. They include two spells/abilities, a weapon, an armor, and an accessory. The chosen effects affect the character's base statistics accordingly, which effectively alters their stats. This same area is where the combat profiles are posted. These are profiles that pertain only to load outs, and change based on gaining new weapons and items. If they have limits or not is to be determined.

The third is the Digital Bazaar. This is the hardest to organize, but it includes weapons, items, armors, accessories, spells/abilities, and for combatants with a win streaks they gain access to Limits, Keyblades, and Keyblade Armor. The more effective the item, the more expensive it is. Having a win-streak thus doesn't guarantee a limit or a Keyblade, as you must have the munny. Spells/Abilities are all canon. If there are variations of these spells between the games, all variations are available as separate, purchasable spells. If the spell in the most recent game is largely the same but improved in terms of statistics, replace the main spell. Spells do not have mana costs or cool downs. They have limited use. You can use each spell a limited number of times. When that runs out, you must purchase a new spell. This way, there is a motivation to constantly upkeep your inventory and use it cleverly.

Limits are also all from the canon, meaning that you can purchase the limit of your favorite character. Weapons, Armor, and accessories must also all be canon. Keyblades and Keyblade armor are the only weapons that are unbreakable, but to retain them you must keep winning. All Keyblades and Keyblade Armors are from the canon. Losing means you forfeit these items. Posts take place over a limited amount of time. Each post is roughly five seconds in length. Players begin fifteen seconds away from one another. Unless otherwise noted, abilities and spells are cast instantly, but do take the entire post to perform. They can be interrupted.

Limit breaks, while a thing, are not available through the store. They have to be won in tournaments.

Then, we have the actual arena area. It is simple enough. The mirage arena takes on the characteristics of whatever the first person who enters within it wills, meaning the first poster defines the area. They may use this to play to their advantages, to give themselves a deliberate handicap, or create a simple field of play. Who goes first is decided by who issues the challenge. The person challenged gets to decide the field of play. In tournament settings, a Game Master sets the field to ensure that it is always fair, but not balanced. This is because random area selection is a valid way of generating the settings of fights, and may have vast affects on the outcome.

The environment plays a roll in this. Metal and water conduct electricity, rock does not. Wood burns but it also makes smoke. Fire can melt sand into glass. Standard fair common sense. In some cases, spells are a sudden KO if they hit do to their extreme nature. Fantasy is applicable sometimes, but the spells relative strength and composition affects how many times it can be used before being replaced. More damaging and potent spells can be used less often and exert a drain and member's munny. The arena is very key to a battle.

Limits are instant wins if they connect. Limits require heavy damage to be used. They take a full action to cast and can not be interrupted, though they can be avoided (if it is difficult to do so). Attempting to attack an individual during a limit may be useless depending on the limit itself. Limits are only lethal to foes who are severely damaged themselves. Limit-breaks are instant win, and can not be evaded. However, they can be countered with a Limit. They take a full action and can not be interrupted. They can only be used if the user is heavily damaged. Countering a Limit-break with a Limit not only cancels it out, but renders the fight a draw since both parties were heavily damaged to use them. Neither party dies under normal circumstance, but in the case of two limit-breaks being used against one another both parties die.

If items that grant passive stat boosts are broken in battle, the boosts are revoked and the character depowered. Spells operate on an elemental counter chart still to be completely determined. Water may cancel fire, but fire will melt ice, and so on. In terms of munny, it is gained through RPing in the main site (albiet very slowly compared to the arena) and being victorious in arena fights. When you win in an arena match, you gain the foe's money.

NPCs can also be fought in the arena, and must be controlled by a game master. NPCs can not kill player characters. NPCs can be randomly developed or can be data-versions of canon characters. NPCs have load-outs to be determined based on the person they are being used against.

That's what I have so far.

Alexander

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace Kageki on September 20th 2014, 3:10 pm

I really like this, and all of things Alex have mentioned are freakin' awesome. So lets just implement this already lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Etzolix on September 21st 2014, 5:09 am

We need more people to post opinions and need any parties that want this to happen to take initiative in helping this happen.

Personally, I'm indifferent either way, but people would need to contribute to have this happen. Not just with their opinions, but with helping develop the T1 Area, its rules, and etc.
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum