» Marionette
I will admit...I can't handle it. EmptyDecember 2nd 2018, 2:31 pm by +/-

» suck on my magnum dong
I will admit...I can't handle it. EmptyOctober 18th 2018, 9:25 pm by Gemini

» It's my birthday.
I will admit...I can't handle it. EmptyOctober 4th 2018, 8:20 pm by Gemini

» EW
I will admit...I can't handle it. EmptySeptember 9th 2018, 3:53 am by Gemini

» What are Your Current Plans for Your Character?
I will admit...I can't handle it. EmptyFebruary 11th 2018, 7:33 pm by Chastelle

Statistics
We have 3557 registered users
The newest registered user is Shirou Seeker of Duckness

Our users have posted a total of 143994 messages in 12544 subjects

I will admit...I can't handle it.

Go down

I will admit...I can't handle it. Empty I will admit...I can't handle it.

Post by Occam on September 9th 2014, 3:44 pm

I am a staff member who is passionate. I try hard, and I may be unorthodox or may react badly to an argument. I might break down, but that's because I can't handle it. I single-handedly failed at stopping Pinky from her insults that happen occasionally. I could not convince her or Alex otherwise of their beliefs, something more experience staff have learned to do to a higher degree. Staff need to be persuasive, they need to connect to the community...I tried. But I was demoralized, and I ended up basking in sadness and I feel like part of the site's activity is my fault, although I am told otherwise. I blame myself for a lot of things, but I still try. However, I do admit our staff isn't what it should be. Yima has done more, I will vouch for him. Krystal does what he should, and is handling an approval...but Icarus should be doing it, although Vermilion wanted Krystal to do it.

I should have taken initiative, but that's just me beating myself up for another's mistakes. Though I am not blaming Vermilion, I am saying we all could have done more. Also, I apologize for all the misunderstandings or bouts I or the staff have had with any of you. The ordeal with Astral, that was a hiccup. We messed up. The staff messed up in our attempts to warn her, there was a lack of communication and it led to what has transpired. But as I review these memories, I only find that I am not happy and that either my sorrow or my anger will make me bitter, and I'll end up like staff from before who, although they have their perks and qualities that bring respect, fall because of things that they developed because of their lack of happiness and communal divides they've had. I'd rather be a respected member who collaborates to make a story than the staff who has to play bad guy, I'd rather create magnificence. I'd rather talk to others without having the restrictions of being a staff member. I'd rather be calm, active, happy.

As for Yima's activity, it has to do with site changes, we haven't only considered auto-save scripts, as forumotion provides a plethora of neat tricks in a full guide. But rather than live in discord, we should try to look past the political differences and for once. JUST. ROLEPLAY. That is what we are hear for, and I know some can't because they want a canon, but if it's truly about the story you can learn to do more. All I've wanted is story collaboration, people to take risks and try, that's all I ask. But I no longer ask as staff, I no longer choose to do that inspirational speech thing like when I got more people to make memories. I speak as a member, and I know you can reject my request and you probably have good reason to. But I have decided that I'm not cut out for staff as of right now, and I realized I tried playing Admin. I didn't talk about how I acted like it in my mind, because I knew I was a mod with admin panel privileges. I considered myself one, and I was wrong. I saw myself as higher on the food chain as Cool, but he was supposed to be my equal. But none of that matters now, I just want there to be community again. Even when someone believes we don't have one anymore, I still believe. All I need is the support of the members and we don't need a plot mod or plot team, we don't need the staff to do things we are already enabled to do. We can create a wondrous story without waiting for the staff, we just have to try.

As for casual players, you don't need to wait to continue doing what makes you happy. We all should just spend at least some time doing what we are here for.

Back to top Go down

I will admit...I can't handle it. Empty Re: I will admit...I can't handle it.

Post by Etzolix on September 9th 2014, 4:04 pm

Do what's best for your mental health.
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Carvardukaras on September 9th 2014, 4:28 pm

Ziekke wrote: I could not convince her or Alex otherwise of their beliefs, something more experience staff have learned to do to a higher degree.

Uh, no, they don't. Yima can't handle Pinky and I to the point that he'd ban us before talking to us because it's easier. So, don't feel bad for trying. At least you gave us that much effort. Really, only Joe knows how to leash us.

You are blaming yourself for a lot of things that you shouldn't, and I get it. Just don't do it to the point that it's all you become.
Alexander Carvardukaras
Alexander Carvardukaras

Back to top Go down

Post by Etzolix on September 9th 2014, 4:28 pm

I don't leash people, I speak to them. Whatever happens, happens.
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Occam on September 9th 2014, 4:40 pm

I have the tendency to beat myself up for it.

I know what you mean, I shouldn't, but I do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Astral2000 on September 9th 2014, 4:56 pm

Considering? I thought Alex already gave away my auto save to the staff.

Yea being an admin isn't easy. There is a certain allure to it that make peeps want to be it want to be important or something. It doesn't take them long to realize that all it really is is work and a community service of a sorts. Sometimes you have to play the bad guy in order to do whats right for the site. Its really not as great as peeps first think. Know though that there are peeps our there who appreciate the work you've done. Anywho nothing wrong with being a moderator or one with admin panel privileges. For many thats actually a better position to be in.

Also totally agree with the members making their own plots thing. I'm actually having trouble with that at another site I admin at. I keep telling them if you put effort into your own plot your prolly going to like it better. As well as like your character better. It would also be easier to RP your character. You'll find you'll be making larger posts. Their starting to get it slowly.

Anywho I can tell you cared about the sites well being. Going to miss you as one of the staff. Guess I get to get to know you as a member now. Sorry for the rant. Just seen this kinda situation so many times.
Astral2000
Astral2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Belysa on September 9th 2014, 9:41 pm

Well there goes the one and only staff member that wasn't useless and/or horrendously biased.

I've said it before...Zeikke is the only one who does things. He goes out and accomplishes the task he's given in addition to carrying a lot of the weight the other members of staff SHOULD be helping with, quickly and efficiently. The kid's dealt with a lot of shit, and it's not fair to him that he should suffer for it, tbh. The guy would honestly already be an admin if it were up to me. He puts in more dedication than the other members of staff COMBINED.
There's no excuse for that. Absolutely no excuse for the rest of you.

But I guess with Zeikke no longer a member of staff, that means we can kiss goodbye any form of anything getting accomplished here. Do not hold your breath for anybody else to do anything ladies and gentlemen...because you will be dead.

So...you retiring next Yima?
I will admit...I can't handle it. Tangled-Eyebrows

"Complaining about people complaining always fixes major issues! Let's do that instead of trying to find a collective solution by talking it out amongst ourselves as a community and point fingers instead of taking responsibility for our actions! While we're at it, let's attempt to satirize and/or demonize everybody who attempt to make a suggestion! Man, we are way better at this than those other people with experience who are trying to help!"

All RP's with Belysa in them are SUSPENDED for activity until further notice.
[Clickable]
Belysa
Belysa

Back to top Go down

Post by Krystal on September 9th 2014, 9:43 pm

i think Bel is trying to tell us something

Krystal

Back to top Go down

Post by Hikari on September 9th 2014, 10:05 pm

It's sad to see you go Zei but you should do what's best for you and your mental health.

"Playing hero gets you nowhere if you aren't ready to act."

Kingdom Hearts RPG Moderator
Resident Asshole
Hikari
Hikari

Back to top Go down

Post by Arae Kanay on September 9th 2014, 11:15 pm

Gotta say the Idea of you lot should just shut up and stop acting like you are political majors and just do what the site is here for and RP and half a bit of fun. Enough of this nonsense of you all keep trying to become the next Che you aren't revolutionaries just have some fun god damn it.
Arae Kanay
Arae Kanay

Back to top Go down

Post by Oriel on September 10th 2014, 7:47 am

As others have said, do whatever is best for your mental health dude.

Have to say, I'll miss you as a staff member as you seemed like the only active staff around. It was your dedication that made me not give up on this site so for that I thank you :)

Hopefully we can RP together sometime in the future and I can get to know you as a member!

Also Arae don't be so rude yo, dunno if you're trying to or not but maybe choose your wording a bit differently. I agree we should all just RP and have fun but OOC discussion doesn't hurt that much does it? Not everyone is always up for RPing I guess.

I will admit...I can't handle it. Untitled-4
Oriel
Oriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Arae Kanay on September 10th 2014, 1:42 pm

Im vulgar and I word things how I word them yo its what I do.
Arae Kanay
Arae Kanay

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo on September 10th 2014, 2:06 pm

Ezekeil, you were good staff.  I'm glad you're sticking around to be a member, but sad to see you step down from a position that you did fit well in.  Nevertheless, do what's best for you.  We are all obviously here to support you no matter what path you choose to take

Date Joined: September 3, 2007  https://kingdomhearts.forumotion.net/t6153-leo-s-post-count#55808

140 Max Magic

Founder of the Guardians of Restoration
The Ruthless Guardian of Storms
Leo
Leo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum