» Marionette
Let Me See Your Warface (Open) EmptyDecember 2nd 2018, 2:31 pm by +/-

» suck on my magnum dong
Let Me See Your Warface (Open) EmptyOctober 18th 2018, 9:25 pm by Gemini

» It's my birthday.
Let Me See Your Warface (Open) EmptyOctober 4th 2018, 8:20 pm by Gemini

» EW
Let Me See Your Warface (Open) EmptySeptember 9th 2018, 3:53 am by Gemini

» What are Your Current Plans for Your Character?
Let Me See Your Warface (Open) EmptyFebruary 11th 2018, 7:33 pm by Chastelle

Statistics
We have 3557 registered users
The newest registered user is Shirou Seeker of Duckness

Our users have posted a total of 143994 messages in 12544 subjects

Let Me See Your Warface (Open)

Go down

Let Me See Your Warface (Open) Empty Let Me See Your Warface (Open)

Post by Alexander Carvardukaras on September 5th 2014, 6:05 pm

Faked a lot of you out immediately.

Alright, so, at this point we're going to need to sack up as a community. We'll all need to become more active, but not necessarily in conventional ways. Believe it or not, participating in the OOC is a valid form of activity, so just palling around with us out here is a great first step. THE CHATBOX DOES NOT COUNT. Guests can't see you in there. Get out and introduce yourselves, dummies.

Since I can't run your lives for you (at least not until my evil plans are fully realized for global domination) I want to have this topic where we just kind of discuss things that we intend to do to help the community flourish. Small to large, just give it your all.

I have two things I want to do. The last time I was on site, when money was one of those silly ideas everybody had to make things more annoying rather than fluid and seamless, I opened a booth where I did reviews and stuff like that. I'll be making a similar topic later that basically works like this: you want to write something. You then write something. You want it reviewed, or you want a second opinion or you need help with general things such as overcoming writers block.

I'll provide help through prompts, rewrites, reviews, revisions, yadda yadda. Have a topic with your friends but you don't know how to post in it? Ask me for help, and I'll some ideas at you. Need input on how to conduct yourself in a fight? Hit me up, I got your back (and front, and jabs, and other assorted techniques) within reason based on what you can do IC and what your opponent can do.

I also want to start participating in more topics. However, I maintain a rule with my characters. One character may only be in one topic at a time. it gives me a sense of continuity, something else I am very, very passionate about. I like to have my timeline neatly organized. I also, while I have a lot of ideas for other characters (thirty+ not even kidding) I don't want to do that.

I'm going to take a more creative approach. I think it's time the KH environment becomes more... reactive.

I want to be the people in Twilight Town going about their day while you and your friends cavort about. I want to be the villagers in Destiny Island. I want to be the Hollow Bastion Restoration Committee come to rain on your parade if you try to fuck to the up Radiant Garden (yes, all of them, unless I have help. I understand I'd need to apply for these characters). I want to be the ambiance that so many topics lack. It's not necessarily out of skill, but one person of any skill level can only see so much.

Describe as you might, no character notices everything (okay, that's not entirely true because there are some very observant people here). I want to seize on those chances. You're freaking out in a public space, saying some insane shit about other worlds? Average Joe is going to have some concerns, and become much more wary of you. What does Joe do when he gets of the street? Have a drink from nerves and set his house on fire by accident? Call the authorities? Probably that last one, let's not get crazy her. Teenagers walking around in broad daylight and heavily armed-- or really, ANYBODY heavily armed in foriegn (or even familiar) places will draw stares.

But writers on site can't be charged with focusing on all of that just yet. Some can pull it off, but it's usually referenced as background and nothing more. But there is a life to the background, and I would very much enjoy being one of the ones to grant it that life. This would create topics with layers and make them have actual worlds, to just have a member act as essentially a Game Master for the people in that topic.

What about you guys?
Alexander Carvardukaras
Alexander Carvardukaras

Back to top Go down

Let Me See Your Warface (Open) Empty Re: Let Me See Your Warface (Open)

Post by Krystal on September 5th 2014, 6:26 pm

Alexander Carvardukaras wrote:Faked a lot of you out immediately.

Considering that this was in User Information, no, but nice try.

Anyways, my thoughts.  For the first thing, while that's a great idea, it just sounds like something anybody can PM anybody over or ask for help on various parts of the site, may it be the forums or the chatbox.  I'm not saying you shouldn't do it, though; people usually like people who volunteer for help.  I'm just saying it seemed like something kind of obvious that anyone who really needed help would be asking someone or somewhere here unless they were too nervous, and even then they wouldn't wander into your topic for help.  Of course, these are just assumptions; not saying it will turn out this way.

I'm a bit iffy on the idea of some sort of "Game Master" that wants to be the one to be all the people of somewhere.  First off, that person would probably have to be in every single open topic within reason as well as privates that ask for it - again, within reason due to the fact that, if it didn't happen, then what's the point?  Normal people would probably react to every strange occurrence if they were there, and considering you said that this GM would be every villager/townsfolk/etc, then that would mean you'd end up having to react to everything unless every person in the world is in a coma for some reason.  It wouldn't be a problem now, yes, but later on when the site flourishes once more.  Even if it's just a casual topic, there would still be people there.

I admit I may have gotten a bit silly, but I'm just pointing out what I see.
Krystal
Krystal

Back to top Go down

Post by Xess on September 5th 2014, 6:29 pm

Well I just want to help out and make more people feel welcome. Also I try to support every decision( which reminds me I got to give ales that check to help him conquer the world.) also I like trying to help the site. When we where discussing stuff on the site I made valid points(for once) on how either turned out the last few times, and how we can use them to help make this new version better. I hope I can help make the site better in the way of set up.

From you friendly neighborhood person.

Also I just got back into doing topic because no one joins mine.

Edit: none of my characters wear armor. At least not openly.
Xess
Xess

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Carvardukaras on September 5th 2014, 7:36 pm

You're very quick to offer criticism and stretch the obvious logical flaw to it's breaking point, but do you feel no obligation to offer an alternative in return?

Wasn't a direct reference to you Xess, just a general example, so don't feel defensive man. Even if they did, it's not an attack. Just an observation of how in general, a lot of background NPCs don't have typical reactions.

The point of that Krystal is that there should be more people willing to take up a mantle and call others out on the NPCs in a world reacting to a situation incorrectly, or worse yet not reacting at all. This was implemented somewhat when world leader topics were reviewed, but in general could have been done better.

I argue that even though I won't be able to do this for everybody, doing this for some members will offer them a unique experience that they may feel like carrying on to other members. Controlling NPCs happens in every topic, and there is currently no rule established that prevents members from roleplaying as purely NPCs, nor should they be.

And I don't really care about private topics, as I've stated in a previous topic elsewhere they may as well be non-canon because they usually only exist for private character development, and whatever happens in them usually has a negligible impact on the world. If it has a larger impact to the point of actively and aggressively causing destruction or change to the world, it shouldn't be a private topic. if a building falls down or is caught on fire, then it should be called into question. If you are in Olympus Coliseum, and everybody is at the big fight, then guess what?

Enough about my stance on private topics, I'm beating that horse to death. We also should consider Xess' post. So here's what Xess: link me your post. I'll be the NPCs and we'll see if this works out for you.
Alexander Carvardukaras
Alexander Carvardukaras

Back to top Go down

Post by Xess on September 5th 2014, 7:52 pm

https://kingdomhearts.forumotion.net/t12130-few-fell-fear-even-fewer-fell-sound-open

Where we go..........btw I wasn't being defensive just stating a fact.
Xess
Xess

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Carvardukaras on September 5th 2014, 7:57 pm

Sorry, didn't mean to assume. I wasn't sure if you were expressing pride or anger.

Just words on a screen, no faces or voices. Gets confusing a lot.
Alexander Carvardukaras
Alexander Carvardukaras

Back to top Go down

Post by Xess on September 5th 2014, 8:09 pm

It's k.
Xess
Xess

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Carvardukaras on September 5th 2014, 8:22 pm

Welp, go see if you approve. If you do, we'll continue
Alexander Carvardukaras
Alexander Carvardukaras

Back to top Go down

Post by Xess on September 5th 2014, 8:37 pm

It was awesome.
Xess
Xess

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Carvardukaras on September 5th 2014, 8:45 pm

If I could like it I would, but I have to reply. We shall continue.
Alexander Carvardukaras
Alexander Carvardukaras

Back to top Go down

Post by Xess on September 5th 2014, 9:20 pm

You make things fun, your ability is so awesome! This is such a fun topic!
Xess
Xess

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down