Mage's Lunch (Open)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mage's Lunch (Open)

Post by Oriel on September 4th 2014, 9:06 pm

It was a fine sunny day as per usual on Destiny Islands. People went about their busy... or not-so-busy lives accordingly, a lot of them heading to cafe's or beaches for lunch as it was about that time of the day. It was a great day for it too, not a cloud in the sky and only the slightest refreshing breeze. Above the sound of people  there was the ever so relaxing sound of waves crashing into the white sands. As the main beach was always quite crowded, Oriel found herself on another isle not too far from the main island.

Here she sat with content, in her backpack there were a few items of food which she would dig into soon enough but for the meanwhile she just wanted to soak in the peace. It wasn't that Destiny Islands wasn't like this all of the time, because for the most of it, it was. The mage had traveled to other worlds, learning that this calm and relaxing environment wasn't the way of most of the places she'd been to. Some were plagued by darkness.. and some just plagued by horrible people, either way it made her appreciate what she had here.

The mage's attire for the day was casual, which was normal when she was home. She wore the usual white, long-sleeved shirt and a pair of denim shorts, her shoes were off and next to her. Oriel enjoyed feeling the sand on her skin. Without further ado the girl reached into her bag, grabbing out a sandwich and a paopu fruit. To start off with she unwrapped her sandwich and began to eat it, taking in the view before her with glee.

Oriel

Character Age : 17
Home World : Destiny Islands
RP Posts : 65

Back to top Go down

Re: Mage's Lunch (Open)

Post by Xess on September 5th 2014, 2:15 am

Cress walked along the shore of a island near the main island of the world, he didn't like the hustle and bustle of tourist, asking where the nearest gift shop was, or asking if he could spare some change( that was a fun afternoon) but for now he could walk in peace.

As he walked he noticed a figure sitting on the shore, dressed unlike most people he saw here, most wearing swim wear or weird button up shirts. The figure seemed to be eating something, and this made cress realize that he forgot his lunch sack at the house he was living in for the time being. As he walked farther his stomach ached and he laughs lightly to him self, how could he have been so forgetful.

As he neared the figure, a girl it seemed who was around his age, was eating a sandwich as the water would come and brush against her feet. Her shoes and her body were far enough away to not get touched but the sea foam reached just enough. He watched as she ate, trying to seem like he was watching the horizon, in-till his stomach growled at him.

Xess

RP Posts : 85

Back to top Go down

Post by Oriel on September 5th 2014, 2:36 am

It was surprising that Oriel would notice the presence of someone else while completely enthralled in eating her lunch. Though, it was pretty secluded here so she couldn't help just feeling someone watching her, also there was the sound of this person's belly grumbling. Someone must have forgotten their lunch. The girl stopped eating and turned to the stranger, a smile on her face. "Hello there stranger, its a bit rude to stare don't you think?" Said Oriel with quite a cheeky tone in her voice. "I've still got half a sandwich here if you'd like some?I heard your belly rumbling" She offered the stranger.

The girl was quite accustomed to coming across hungry people, a lot of her time was spent helping out at the orphanage or homeless shelter. The stranger didn't seem homeless, just hungry. Oriel being the overly kind being she was just had to offer up her food. The mage didn't bother to move, however invited the man to sit next to her by beckoning her hand towards her.

Oriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Xess on September 5th 2014, 2:45 am

Cress gave the girl a sheepish smile."Yeah, sorry about that and I would love to have some. Kinda forgot my lunch home." he said, his hand behind his head. As he walks towards her, he puts the head phones he was wearing down to where the speaker part was out wards and the music coming form his headphones could be heard slightly.

When he finally got to the girl he noticed that he didn't introduce himself or apologize for starring."Oh, I am sorry for my rudeness, I am Cress" he says as he gives her a quick bow, the common Japanese, I am sorry bow. He then sits next to her, and sighs. The meal he made was probably going to go bad as he was out. Though this girl was extremely kind of offering the rest of her sandwich.

Xess

Back to top Go down

Post by Oriel on September 5th 2014, 2:56 am

As the boy explained that he left his lunch at home the girl smiled, showing that it wasn't a worry for her to give up some of her food. Oriel was pleasurably surprised when Cress gave an apologetic bow, it wasn't something she was use to but she had seen people do it in the Land of Dragons. As he sat down the girl held her sandwich out to him to take. "It's fine Cress. I'm Oriel, its nice to meet you." Oriel replied with a grin on her face. The girl gave Cress her attention, one to not be rude and two to get to know his features a bit better, she liked to be able to remember a name to a face.

His white hair was a little different but then again so was her turquoise hair. His skin was a bit darker too, which could have hinted that he was from around here or simply just spent a lot of time in the sun. The music playing from his collar was interesting, also not too obnoxious it would take away from the serenity of waves crashing, something Oriel liked. With that done the girl looked out to sea again with a calm smile on her face. "So, are you from around here?" She asked after giving him time to finish the sandwich.

Oriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Xess on September 5th 2014, 3:15 am

"Ehh, more or less. I am liveing on the main Island, trying to learn more about the culture of this place, other than tourism." Cress said, as he takes a bite out of the half offered to him. He examined her for a quick second taking in a lot of detail. The eyes and hair where perfect with each other, matching and everything, like the colors where made for each other.

He quickly looked off to the ocean and stood, being quite bored already, he decided to mess around with his powers. He put on to he gloves which looked like regular gloves, and with a moment he sent a wave of sound across the water, making a wave crash backwards. He smiled as he started fooling around making the sounds into thing he found funny, like a baby's laugh, or a penguin. He then realized he was being rude again and quickly turned back to her and apologized, doing the same bow he did before.

Xess

Back to top Go down

Post by Oriel on September 5th 2014, 5:00 am

Oriel nodded as she listened to Cress' reason for being here, to her surprise he had been living here too. Normally Oriel would have met someone living on the islands as soon as they moved here, however now to meet Cress was good enough. By now he would have learned that the culture here was quite relaxed.. People generally did as they pleased as long as they weren't hurting others. "Oh really? Its surprising we've only just met. I also live on the mainland however I've traveled a lot recently so that could explain it.." The girl said, bringing her index finger to her bottom lip near the end of her sentence.

Looking forward whilst in thought about how they hadn't met before the girl watched as Cress performed his sound magic, an element she hadn't seen much of before. It was interesting to see how the sound waves affected the sea around them, also the different sounds he could make was cool. As he finished with another apologetic bow the girl smiled. "Interesting, I've never seen someone use sound magic before. Coming from Destiny Islands my magic is more wind and water based." She said extending her arm out to which a small blast of wind projected into a wave, splashing water higher in the air.

With that she retracted her arm, about a jug's worth of water came back to her in a ball, with that she made an example by freezing the water then turning it back into liquid again. After that she put her hand down, using mind power alone to move the water back to the ocean. "My preferred element is cure though, I like helping people more than hurting them.. if its possible to stay out of fighting." She said, the tone of her voice was quite stern when it came to the topic of fighting.

Oriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Xess on September 5th 2014, 8:51 am

When the topic of combat came up, he watched as Oriel went from happy to a stern face. This made cress want to change the subject and fast. " So you live on the island as well, what side of it?" Cress asked, his head tilted to the side.

(Sorry for the short post.)

Xess

Back to top Go down

Post by Oriel on September 5th 2014, 10:05 am

As it turned out, Oriel's disliking of the topic of fighting was well apparent, so much so that Cress was smart and quick enough to change the subject. When asked of which side of the island she lived on the mage had to think for a moment, she knew where she lived of course, it was just that she had recently moved out of her parents home which was on the southwest side of the island, near the orphanage. "Oh, I just recently moved to the east side of the island. My place gets a decent amount of sunlight in the morning so I don't sleep in as much." She said with a grin, revealing one of her bad habits.

"How about you?" She asked, tilting her head to the side. She looked down to the paopu fruit, she hadn't actually eaten one before... Mostly because she didn't know how, did one peel it? It was rather large to not be cut up like a pineapple. If anything she just liked to look at the star shaped fruit as it was quite cute.. Who knew what it tasted like... She preferred sea salt ice creams anyway.

OOC: Its cool dude (:

Oriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Xess on September 5th 2014, 4:52 pm

Cress smiled as she said that she slept in, as that was the reason he lived where he is."I live on the west side, so I can see the sun set, and so I can sleep in more." he says a hand once again behind his head. This is when he noticed the star shaped fruit.

"Whats that?" Cress asks as he point to the fruit. It was weirdly shaped for a food, but he didn't understand much about spathe food here so he didn't questions it to much.

Xess

Back to top Go down

Post by Oriel on September 6th 2014, 7:28 pm

Oriel grinned as Cress stated that he slept in and didn't seem to care too much about it. The mage herself was just trying to kick the habit as it seemed adulthood would soon be just around the corner. When Cress asked what the paopu fruit was the girl picked it up and turned around as if to examine the fruit intensely. "I'm surprised you haven't seen it around or heard of it yet. Its a paopu fruit!"

She paused, putting it back down, a calm tone pulled it's way into her voice. "There's a legend that says, if you share the paopu fruit with someone, your souls are intertwined together forever. Who knows if its true though, I've never even eaten one and I've lived here most of my life." Oriel ended with a laugh.

Oriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Xess on September 8th 2014, 6:11 pm

"Well, it's definitely interesting." Cress said, looking at it, still curious. As cress finished the sandwich, he started to think, was the fruit actually that kinda mystical food?

(Sorry internet is down at my house for intill, the end of the week.)

Last edited by Xess on September 14th 2014, 7:43 pm; edited 2 times in total

Xess

Back to top Go down

Post by Oriel on September 8th 2014, 8:17 pm

"Agreed, not sure if I'm just meant to bite into it or cut it up or..." Oriel paused, giggling a little. "It's such an awkward shape for food." With that the girl put it in her bag, she wasn't sure if the legends were even true or not, but she wasn't sharing it with someone she had just met.

With that the girl stood up, looking down to Cress with a smile. "So what brings you to this small island? Wanna do something?"

[[It's cool, kinda busy today.]]

Oriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Xess on December 31st 2014, 1:57 am

"Well to be perfectly honest, I came this island to explore, also to try to find something new. Wel at least something I never saw before. That fruit is one that is quite interesting, I will have to write something in my journal to well, record it." Cress said as his head faced towards the sky, the clouds moveing by, one looking abit like a anime character. As he looked up a breeze hit him, and it sent him straight on his back, a small cloud of sand coming off the ground around him.

"Whoa!" he said, his head phones flying off his neck as he landed. The breeze was quite strong, and it was comeing from nother island. The normal slight breeze was comeing from there backs, but the one strong gust was going towards them. So this was clearly unatural.

Xess

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:49 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top