Tranquil Memories (Invite Only)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tranquil Memories (Invite Only)

Post by Eno on August 11th 2014, 1:04 am

Twilight Town, a place unlike many in existence. One of the few that suffers in a way unique to the world's surrounding it, a planet stuck in a perpetual stalemate between the light and the darkness. Those sensitive to those sensations might find the constant struggle to be more of a balance than anything else. It's not as though the denizens of the dark try to overrun this place, nor do those who wield the light as their weapon seek to purge the abysmal creatures. Despite it sitting upon the precipice of disaster, and the fact that both alignments seek this world both as a new home, or as a bastion, it is quite a peaceful place. The wind carried an airy sense of calmness, serenity. None seem to seek to do harm to one another. Hearts do not fall prey easily here.

Be that as it may, the activity on this world would make it anything but tranquil. People by the dozens always seem to be in a constant state of activity. Even now they move about in tightly packed bunches, going from place to place as they see fit. Most go about their day without a care in the world, looking to tackle their day with a smile, or with determination dictating their strides. But with each individual moving about in a peaceful manner, there are those rare little blips moving against the wave of civilians.

Adults frantically trying to get to their jobs, or whatever sales may be happening in the various buildings around them. Some look at their watches and either grimace from how late they are, or if they're cutting it close. Either way, manners have left these people, opting them to shove their way through the crowds. Those new to the world would think that the sun's position in the sky would be the reason behind their cause for alarm. Yet, it does little to deter any of them, in fact most don't even bother looking its way. They've grown up here with the star being in that state. Never knowing what true night nor day was. So why stress over something natives would view as trivial?

Like ants frantically searching for a purpose all of them move about. None the wiser to the disabled man making his way through Market Street, to stop on a nearby bench. Those that would be willing to spend more than a second to look his way would find him to be something out of the ordinary, or at least, his choice of clothing and blindfold would be something to take notice of. After all, it may be in a state of perpetual sunset, but it is still rather warm outside at this time. There would be no need for a long coat, let alone black gloves or carpenter jeans.

However, hot and cold are terms that mean little to Eno, what with being nothing more than a shell, the only thing providing him a means to be among the living on this world. An incomplete body for a broken soul, a fitting combination for an undead spirit. No organs to regulate the body, no glands to make him sweat. Even the deep, relaxed breathing is manual to keep up appearances. But with things as they are, it'd be little wonder if he stopped entirely and was never noticed. Eno prefers it this way though, to be kept out of the public eye, to go about unnoticed, it made things so much easier on him. No questions, no awkward stares or comments, at least none that he could hear or answer to.

It would be nice to be able to see though, well, at least like the average person. Being blind, but having something that could barely pass for site is a headache for the husk. White outlines seemingly assault his vision. The borders of buildings that rise far above his head, the individual bricks laid out in perfect little rows on the streets, and even the silhouettes of the crowds, all of them the same color. Yet, despite being able to see the shapes of objects, limbs, and even their hair styles they sport, not a single face could be seen, nor did he have any variation of color to look upon. Every single space was filled in with darkness.  He isn't able to see the light cascading over the tan, grey, or lightly red tinted buildings, giving the are a homely glow, offering comfort to the weary looking for a place to rest. The ex-hand would never enjoy the brilliant hues the sky could reveal at this point of the day. The oranges, yellows, along with the reds and purples mixing together in a breathtaking combination of color will forever remain invisible.... though it would be a lie to say that all color was taken from him.

In fact, it wouldn't be fair to say that he didn't have a few advantages to come with it. He is still perfectly capable of fighting. Blades shared the same outlines as everything else, and even though he has no eyes to view it, his body remembers perfectly how to react when put into violent situations. He can still defend himself just as well as one with vision could. And, if anyone were capable of embedding magics into their weapons, or should they wish to use it at all, that would be caught by his sight as well. Perhaps the most important aspect of it all, would have to be his ability to look at living things. Not in the way one would view another with eyes, oh no, something on a much deeper level.

Within the outlines of each living thing, the flames of life roared beneath. So, in a way, being in this town at this very moment allowed him to view all the colors and hues he could ever wish to see. One of the few ways to truly bring light to the darkness, at least in his mind. A rare instance indeed given the dark, dreary caverns he calls home. The spirits within the bodies of the living had their own unique appearance, all concentrated around their hearts. The hues would change depending on their mood, alignment, and of course should they try to hide or suppress their true feelings and emotions. Unless one could hide their very essence from the husk, they would find it to be hard to keep the truth from him. Without the masked expression to distract the eyes, finding what is real is made much easier...

After adjusting the blindfold covering the upper portion of his face, he reclines on the bench, allowing himself to smile peacefully. His reason for being here may not be that way, but that doesn't mean he couldn't take the time to enjoy himself. After all, it'd been many months since he's been anywhere else other than that damned desert and desolate cavern. He could use this time to relax before he would have to do what his master brought him here for...

Speed of Light

Eno Vale
Level I: 0/0EXP
Level II: 15,000/15,000EXP
Level III: 19,739/40,000EXP
Level IV: 0/75,000EXP
Level V: 0/120,000EXP

Eno

RP Words : 0
Munny : 1123

Back to top Go down

Re: Tranquil Memories (Invite Only)

Post by Belysa on August 12th 2014, 9:18 pm

Strangely enough, she wasn't here for a rally today...but the thought wasn't far from her mind, of course.  Today she'd decided that work was getting to her nerves. It had been far, far too long since she'd walked around without attendants, adoring followers, and frenzied civilians...True while the woman had time to think to herself, there was so little time to...BE herself. It had been too long since she'd been Maria L'Blanc, instead of Belysa the Holy Knight.

Belysa had dismissed her duties for the day, claiming she was ill and needed especially great amounts of space and quiet from her attendants--(Rosse had nearly went into a panic attack when she found out)--Truth be told, the false prophet was quite bored with the current events going on in...what had once simply intended to be a part-time hobby of sorts...suddenly turning into her alternate life. Maria L'Blanc had become more of a memory than who she was, and in a way, it frightened her. After all...what was she if not a woman seeking revenge for the cruelties that had befallen her friends, her family, her world...and all worlds with innocent lives resting upon them? If she focused entirely on being Belysa, being something she wasn't...eventually when it was all over, what would she have left?

So Belysa had vanished for a while, leaving the trainees to their grueling conquest, the paperpushers to their tedious work, and her attendants fretting outside of her quarters. All of the armor was off now, and Maria could see her face--her real face--staring back at her through the reflection of her Gummi Ship, Garuda. There were lines along her skin filled with worry and stress...it had been decades since she'd legitimately felt peace. The last of the L'Blancs smiled wanly. She was getting old.

Maria's hazel eyes scanned the abysmal blackness of the void, searching for a place to land. The alter-ego of this mysterious woman often traveled this expanse, seeking out worlds to preach her words to. But today...was special. Today she would take the time to give a moment to Maria L'Blanc....and the life that had been so unjustly swept from her.
Finally, she spotted a homely little world with an enormous, looming clocktower perched on the highest pinnacle. It was a massive thing, but beautifully detailed and strangely ominous to the female, and so it was decided there that she would bring her vessel to land upon its grassy knolls.

As the Garuda's engines halted in the windswept fields, Maria took a deep breath and the corners of her mouth moved slightly with a feeling of nostalgia. Fresh air tickled her skin, whispering through her dandelion hair, smelling of wildflowers, pine wood, moss, and a very faint scent of something sweet she couldn't quite put her finger on. Before her loomed a wood lurking with shadows cast by the massive trees, the ground littered with podzol and pine needles as the wild ferns grew in abundance...beyond it, Maria could make out the beginnings of tiled roofs casting themselves along a slope--a town built on a mountainside, moving with the ebb and flow of the natural land--it was a sight that made her pause with wonder.
Quietly, the would-be Keyblader made her way through the cool dampness of the forest, with nothing but the crunching of discarded pinecones and the sad, sweet lilt of a passing songbird to keep her company. The path she walked led one way to the main town, and another towards a clearing she was too uninterested to bother with for today. Maria was aching to return back to some sense of normality, longing to go back to a life where people lived peacefully and well.

The interior of the town was as lovely as it had appeared from the distance she'd been admiring it. The sleek, trim brick buildings tickled the rosy clouds above them, as flocks of pigeons fluttered from roof to roof. Her ears caught the faint clanging of a tram bell, as her eyes noticed a pair of slim tracks, clashing with the firm bricked walkways below her feet. People bustled about, going from building to building, vendor to vendor, all chattering and living their lives in quiet content. Nobody noticed her presence here, it seemed. But how could they? Maria questioned. After all, I am dressed like one of them, aren't I? Today, I'm just like everybody else.
Nothing could have pleased her more.

This world seemed to be constantly trapped in a state of dusk--not too unlike Traverse Town, which was stuck in an eternal night--Maria thought. It was a lovely sight to behold...She had never seen a sunset so beautiful in her life. The brightest of reds, the calmest of yellows, meshing and mixing together with an arrangement of hues and colors that made her feel strangely at ease.
Saul would have loved it here, she thought to herself quietly. Without a word, she leaned her body against the railing, admiring the view.

A few children passed by her with a rather exhausted-looking parent, the father appearing as though he'd had quite enough of the day he'd just had. The little family sat on one of the benches overlooking an empty expanse, where more children played with a ball.
"Can we go play with the others for a little while?" One of the youngest boys questioned, tugging on his father's jacket eagerly. The older man nodded, smiling with pleased weariness. Screaming and laughing with delight, all but one of the children scattered to meet up with their companions upon the sandlot.
"Daddy," the daughter asked, sitting on his knees. "Can you tell me the story of the cliff again?"
Her father laughed at the request, raising an eyebrow. "Again? I've told you a hundred thousand times already. Haven't you gotten tired of it?"
"No!" She replied, grinning ear to ear in a way that made Maria chuckle to herself. "Can I hear it again, just one more time, please? I promise I won't ask again for the whole rest of the day!"
"Alright, alright," the other resigned, smiling.

"Once, there was a very lovely woman, and a very kindhearted man. They had both lived very troubled lives, and were very, very lonely. Each of them wanted to find someone who could love them for who they truly were. One day, they met in the marketplace, and became very good friends--"
"Like you and mommy."
"Yes, like me and mommy," her father agreed, nodding. "But the woman became engaged to someone else. The man wrote a letter to her, telling her how much he loved her, but she ignored his pleas. Heartbroken, the man decided to find someone else who would love him.
"The man and the woman loved the people they were with...but eventually, they both found themselves alone again, and both of their hearts were worn and torn. The woman came back to the man and told him that she truly loved him, and was sorry she had ever ignored him. But the man said nothing, despite how much love she gave to him. Slowly, the woman was driven mad, and decided her heart was finally broken--"
"And she threw herself off the cliff?"
He nodded, sadly. "Yes she did. She jumped off the cliff, crying for her lost love. People say if you go to the hill at sunset and listen very carefully, you can still hear the lady's voice, crying out for the man she could never have."
His daughter perked up. "Can we go visit there tomorrow? I want to make the lady feel better."
"Perhaps later on," her father replied with a gentle smile. "And then we can visit your mother, too."

Maria shook her head in sadness. So many people had lost in this war against Light and Darkness.
"Still," she muttered to herself. "It's good to see a world with some normality in it."
Perhaps she, too, would visit this mysterious weeping woman today. After all, they seemed to have much in common. It was rare for one to live in this realm and not have lost something...a home, a loved one, a family, a precious treasure...memories...even their own lives. The Darkness sunk all into chaos, or into eternal sleep, with nobody to guard what was still so innocent and pure.

Nobody that was, save the House of Light.

It was then that her eyes caught a glimpse of a gentleman sitting on a bench not far from where she now stood. Having lived as a civilian for most of her life, Maria knew a stranger when she saw one, and it was plain that he was of their number. If the wrapping around his eyes didn't give it away, it was his gaunt, scruffy appearance...something about it didn't quite fit with the calm, relaxed nature of everything else going on around in this world.
It may be that this is a member of the Darkness, Maria thought to herself. Immediately, her nerves went on edge. She'd left her armor and her weapon back at the Headquarters in Traverse Town...Even if she were to engage in combat, it would hardly be helpful--Maria could enchant items with Moogle Magic, but it would be impractical if there were a supporter of the Dark not but thirty steps away.

Maria turned away from the gentleman, her thoughts turning back to the combat that, ironically, she had tried to escape for just this one day. Was it possible that this was simply her life now? An ever-increasing spiral of battle and bloodshed that would end only when the Darkness was banished for all time?
...One day, when this is over...I'll go back to the Garden, and back to the manor...and things will be well again...I'll open the shop, help the Moogles move back in...rebuild my family's empire...maybe one day I'll forget about the horrible shadows and the creeping dark...But not today, it seems...

Her guard was up now, the woman's peripheral vision still keeping tabs on the ominous man not far from her. But why should she be so timid as to face him? After all...he didn't know who she was, did he? Even if he did...She could take him.
Carefully, she went to approach him, keeping her demeanor calm and unbiased.
"Excuse me, would you mind if I kept here a while? I'm waiting for someone...I'm not keen on sitting here on my own....it's quite lonely, wouldn't you agree?"
Maria kept her tone neutral, but her muscles poised for any sort of danger...With a soul who looked like that, there was no telling what kind of person they were, or where their allegiance lay.

"Complaining about people complaining always fixes major issues! Let's do that instead of trying to find a collective solution by talking it out amongst ourselves as a community and point fingers instead of taking responsibility for our actions! While we're at it, let's attempt to satirize and/or demonize everybody who attempt to make a suggestion! Man, we are way better at this than those other people with experience who are trying to help!"

All RP's with Belysa in them are SUSPENDED for activity until further notice.
[Clickable]

Belysa

Munny : 276

Back to top Go down

Post by Eno on August 13th 2014, 10:53 am

Contentment, such an emotion was something Eno thought he would never feel again. In a way, it felt foreign to him, what with the normalcy being paranoia, believing that what lay before him was nothing more than an illusion, something to further ebb away at what sanity he had left. Fear of the unknown, believing another abomination would rise, one like Arden, to try and claim his life, to pull him under the sands never to see the sky again. Anger at himself for his past, the way he treated those innocent people, undeserving in the tortures they were forced to endure, to later die by. Regret for how he himself would treat those taken in by the Tyrant's Soldiers would serve only to fuel the previous feelings of rage.

And the loneliness he felt, being the only soul around for hundred's perhaps thousands of miles. It was excruciating to shoulder such a burden. Sure, the weeks, months even spent trekking along his path allowed him a short meeting here and there. Colorful characters to say the least, each one carrying their own story, own reasons for being in the hellish landscape they were in. But a single soul every few months is nothing. So many hours, too many to count, would drag by slowly, agonizingly slow, without anything but his own thoughts to keep him company, and each thought revolved around either his sins, or the friends he hoped to meet again one day, a foolish venture that turned out to be.

“Your world has fallen to the darkness, and your friends along with it.” His master's voice came, Hades' voice, solemn in Eno's mind. “I'm sorry, but the thing that kept you going for so long is impossible, even for me. But don't worry, Eno.” He can still feel those long, slender fingers wrap gently over his shoulder, as comforting as someone trying to console their friend during their hardships, “You've been given an amazing opportunity! A way to make new friends, to start a new life! You'll be able to see things others could only dream about, with what I can give you, you'll experience all life has to offer, and since you can't age you have all the time you'll ever need! All you, my friend, have to do is sign this little contract, and shake my hand...”

To those who knew, they would say he earned each and every bit of punishment he received, and by God did Eno believe that and more. Not that he was a glutton for pain oh no. It's just that monsters like him were not worthy to walk among the living, to be allowed to crawl from the deepest pits of anguish, to feel the soft, cooling breeze glide along his scarred cheeks and chin. No, spirits of the dead didn't bask in the warmth of the sun on such a peaceful day, or listen to the blissful sounds of children at play.

That was a privilege reserved for those who now walk around him, and yet, here he is. A second chance, something far beyond what the ex-hand thinks he should be able to get. But, he got it anyway, in the eyes of his master he earned his right to sit here now, even if his presence here was against his will. Funny, here he is doing what billions of others would do anything for, and all he can think about is that there were far more deserving individuals than him that need to be here now. But, how many could say they overcame the trials and tribulations that tore through his body, breaking him down, bringing him to the very precipice of despair? The husk himself believed that was to be his eternal life, and that the only purpose he would serve would be to fight against that unyielding current.

In spite of all that, here Eno sits, stronger than he ever was when he was alive and in his true body. His hands now resting on his partially spread legs, empty sockets on the multitudes of folks that move on by. Who would have known that everything that happened to him thus far would lead him to this point in his un-life? Just the thought alone is enough to fill his shell with joy. Sadly, it was not meant to last.

“Eno,” Hades says, guiding the ex-hand along, his arm around his shoulders. “There's something I need for you to do for me.”

“What do you require of me, Master?” Eno kept his eyes in front of him, though doing so did no good, what with his eyes being the way they are now.

“There's a bit of a problem in one of the worlds. Twilight Town I believe's the name.”

“Such an odd name,” Eno remembers his remark, and how it elicits a chuckle from Hades.

“Oh boy, you have no idea. Anyway, the issue I got is that there are these, these 'things' out there. Very small in number, and there isn't much to say about 'em. Not even I know what they are, but what I do know is that they're in the same family as those little things that took to your old pal Arden. Now, what I need for you, my friend, to do is-”

“Excuse me,” comes the gentle, modulated tone of the woman approaching him. It took every ounce of willpower not to jump from her suddenly interrupting his thoughts. When did she make her way over? Why did he have to start daydreaming? Has she been standing there long? Oh god what's she saying listen you fool! He tilts his head her way giving her a curt nod, letting her know that she's been heard, “would you mind if I kept here a while? I'm waiting for someone,” she pauses for a moment, -perhaps she's simply trying to find the right words to say, who knows, “I'm not keen on sitting here on my own, it's quite lonely, wouldn't you agree?” It's now, Eno moves his upper half her way, and turns his chin up. Granted, it's nothing more than a slight tilt, even sitting down his height allowed him to make eye contact with those standing around him, well, as close to eye contact as one like him could get. Eno is sure to offer her a small smile.

“No, of course I don't mind,” he chuckles his gloves now patting both sides of the bench. Given his position, there's no way anyone could sit next to him, he should have been paying more attention. Of course there'll be people looking to use this thing other than him, it'd be selfish to hog the comfort all to himself, and in all honesty, he could use the company. “You'll have to forgive me. I didn't realize I took up so much room.” Eno scoots over a bit, hopefully giving this person the space needed.

From what he could perceive, she wouldn't need much, she is rather slender. It's unfortunate he had little else other than her silhouette to view. Was she wearing a dress perhaps, or could she be wearing casual attire? The former seems more likely due to her waiting for someone, might be her husband, could be a date or an old friend, any of the three would prompt her to want to look her best. Maybe she'd have her hair up, to accentuate the features her face may have, or possibly she let her hair hang down, letting it flow in soft, long strands? For all Eno knows she probably has a more tomboyish appearance. Such an annoyance this is, seeing a slender form before him, but no discernible features other than what her body... or soul would give off...

That's.. peculiar. Of all the souls he's viewed passing by his gaze, hers only reflects a small portion of those moving about. Like theirs, the flames filling her outline moved about in violent bursts, her tense posture didn't help what he was “seeing.” Judging by them looking to their wrists, he would assume that they were scared, paranoid even. Late for work, or late to wherever it was they needed to go, fearing punishment, or even a parental or spousal scolding. Could this woman perhaps be nervous? She might be on a blind date, worried about who could possibly be taking her out today. Or maybe she's looking to meet a contact for a certain something that requires a bit of payment? Eno is familiar to the secrecy some would keep to on his world, regardless it's not his place to pry, unless it's the spirit himself she's feeling that way about.

He probably should have thought about his choice of attire. He knows what he's wearing, and to a normal person, something such as this might come off as a bit intimidating. With his height being where it is that would only enhance the terror. There's also the chance that all he's doing is over-thinking things as well. His senses may be sharp, but he's still new to this type of sight. The ex-hand is just as likely to be wrong in his assumptions as he could be right. Either way, he may find what he's looking for soon enough. All he has to do is be patient.

Besides, It's not like casual conversation ever hurt anyone right?

Speed of Light

Eno Vale

Eno

Back to top Go down

Post by Belysa on August 13th 2014, 11:31 pm

Belysa felt her teeth go on edge. This man was quite trusting for someone who seemed so particularly suspicious. Perhaps she'd miscalculated on appearances alone--after all one too many of her own members of the House of Light were peculiar at first glance. Gingerly, she sat down beside the other, careful not to allow her gaze to linger on his figure too long.

His manners were quite fresh. Maria L'Blanc took note of that, but who was to tell that agents of the Darkness couldn't take the form of people? After all, there was that annoying child from the Radiant Garden rally who had sworn revenge against her...She would almost pity that poor little girl if the foul pestilence hadn't already twisted her thoughts against the Light. Polite and well mannered as he might have seemed, she was still not entirely convinced.

Might as well get to the point, Maria thought to herself, with a shrug. She didn't dare to procure a weapon right now, but was more than able to, at the very least, call her automatron Goliath if things got ugly. Mustering up her courage, the woman spoke directly to the other on the bench. Her eyes were glued on the beauty of the setting sun before them, but her words and tone were hard, and cold.
"Do you fear the Light, stranger?"

It was a simple question, and a rather cryptic one...but it was one she had asked both friends and foes alike with just as diverse of responses.

"Why are you really here?" She seriously doubted it was to watch sunsets and sit on benches.

((I got a little uninspired, I apologize.))

"Complaining about people complaining always fixes major issues! Let's do that instead of trying to find a collective solution by talking it out amongst ourselves as a community and point fingers instead of taking responsibility for our actions! While we're at it, let's attempt to satirize and/or demonize everybody who attempt to make a suggestion! Man, we are way better at this than those other people with experience who are trying to help!"

[Clickable]

Belysa

Back to top Go down

Post by Eno on August 17th 2014, 10:14 am

((It's fine, I'm sorry this post took three days :( ))

Such a random thing to ask, unexpected to say the least. That, and the chilling voice that came with it nearly eclipsed the polite young lass that so happened to approach him. Almost as though her initial introduction was nothing more than honeyed words. Could she have just made something up on the fly just to get close to him? If so, what was her purpose of seeking him out? There's no way an average person would come at him in such an aggressive manor.

It's then it hits him, the words of Hades again fill his consciousness. The final back and forth shared between Master and Servant before the portal to the worlds...

“Oh, and before you go, there's uh, something I should warn ya about. Ya see, there are these people of light out there that don't appreciate things like you.”

“You mean undead? I can understand, necromancy was frowned upon where I was-”

“Nononono, nothing like that. I'm referring to your alignment, you're well aware the darkness is the reason you're able to walk among the living right? This husk of yours is held together with it like industrial strength glue. Won't break apart easy, but given enough abuse and, well, there are things not even adhesives can keep together.”

“So, what seems to be the problem? Are you telling me they don't like the darkness?”

“Don't like? Ha, that's an understatement! They hate it, wish it was gone for good, there are plenty out there that actively fight against the darkness, and should they realize you're literally made of it, they'll seek to destroy you as well.”

“What, why? I haven't done anything to them! You're not even sending me out after them. They don't have a reason to attack me!”

“Oh but they do, my friend, they do. If not for what others who wield the dark can do, then it'd be for the potential you have with the darkness aiding you. Another way to put it would be that they might see what you're capable of rather than what you've done, and will use that as their reason to destroy you.”

“Bullshit.”

“I know right? Anyway off ya go, and if you see any of those light loving pests using giant keys for weapons, steer clear. Your body is weak against light magic and light weapons. If you're not careful we might end up seeing each other a lot sooner than either of us would like.”

“Noted, I'll do as you ask, my master...”

A warrior of the light, his bane, sitting right next to Eno, on a park bench. Shit. Well, the ex-hand managed to make it about an hour before running into a problem. It's not bad, but it's not too good either, he'll just have to try for a better time on his next mission. But, there might be a chance yet, if she's asking this question, then maybe she can't sense his alignment. That might give him the opportunity to stop this potential fight before it can begin. To think two simple questions and already he's having an internal struggle, trying desperately to find a means to keep things from becoming violent. Eno has more reasons for attempting to stop this, more than just for his own sake.

There are people nearby, innocents who have absolutely nothing to do with either of them. Should they engage one another now they're sure to cause a bit of panic among the populace. Eno would like to avoid potential deaths my trampling on his conscience. He'd rather not have to go back to his home world and explain to Hades why a fresh intake of souls came with him from Twilight Town. A rather awkward moment that should be avoided as well. Besides, the thought of spouses, friends, even long-time rivals potentially losing those close to them, it's a thought the ex-hand wishes to never see come to fruition. Having to deal with the things he's been sent here to kill puts them in enough danger as it is, he didn't need something akin to a bar fight to be piled in on top of that. Perhaps this woman feels the same way?

Another “search” of her soul would find that the fire within is seemingly spasming wildly. It is a definite that she's nervous, it might even be fair to say she's frightened. But by the way she spoke, she is definitely more than capable of relying on her courage, along with whatever else she has at her disposal, to see her through any engagement. While it is something the undead spirit can respect, he can also see that it's a rather dangerous thing to deal with. Even if they factored out the civilians, it'd still be a fight he couldn't afford. Win or lose Eno wonders if he'd be in any condition to continue his orders...

To test the raging waters, the spirit does something even he didn't expect. He laughs. His spirited, baritone voice seems to reverberate throughout the immediate area, those close enough to hear turn for a few moments, most believing that the one sitting beside him must have told him something funny, or rather he found something amusing she didn't approve of. Either way, none seem to acknowledge it by anything other than glances.

“Fear the light?” Eno asks, turning her way with a grin, “why would I fear a necessity?” While his master may have given him a reason be scared of, and even resent the light, it's not as though he could just cast aside what it had done for him, and that while there are those who believe to carry out the will the element seemingly has, he has his own reasonings, his own interpretations, and none of them bring him to the point of hating it. He can't believe he's about to do this, pour his heart out to a stranger who might be trying to find a reason to end his life, but stranger things have happened.

“Not only that, it's done so much for me.” Looking back to the sunset he continues, “where I was, what I was forced to endure day in and day out, when everything was at its darkest, all I had to guide me was a single solitary point of light. It was my beacon, my hope, it gave me a purpose, a goal to reach, a means to fight against what weighed me down. With it I felt I had the strength to overcome anything.”

As Eno speaks, the memories come flooding back, and he finds himself reaching out to the point of warmth, to the very sunset way out of his reach. Through the times he trekked through the desert, those horrid days when he was up to his calves in plague-ridden muck, and of course through the time he struggled to break the surface to the manifestation of rage. All he ever had was his star, his hope made of light.

“I couldn't tell you how long I spent just looking at it when I had eyes in my head, believing that if I reached where it shined, that if I could just grasp it,” he closes his hand into a tight fist, “that I'd be free. That I'd be able to see my friends again, that I'd get my second chance to tell them everything I kept to myself, and make up for what I'd done. So again I say no, I don't fear it, I can't be afraid of something I needed for months on end.” With a sigh he reclines, “But as for why I'm here, I'm afraid that's my business and I hope you respect that.”

Not even bothering to look her way, as though he were locked deep in thought, he keeps his attention to the sunset he cannot see.

Speed of Light

Eno Vale

Eno

Back to top Go down

Post by Belysa on August 24th 2014, 11:30 pm

((I am so sorry for the delay...my muse dropped through the floorboards and I've been attempting to fish it out again.))

Maria was straining to contain her breathing. She had every right to be nervous, being so close to a potential threat. Truthfully, the fake knight always perceived anybody who seemed a touch out of the ordinary to be some manner of danger to her, unless proven otherwise...but this young man stuck out so painfully from the other people passing them by, that there was little that kept her mind from believing he was some manner of threat.

Patiently, the last of the L'Blanc family listened to his words. He seemed close enough with the Light not to be an agent of the enemy, though a gut feeling tore at her better judgment. The way he brushed off the inquiry of what he was doing here brought little to her confidence that he wasn't concealing something...

No, Maria decided, she was certainly going to keep close to him now. The woman had left her weapon and her armor, but she was far from powerless...though not by much of a difference. She could enchant something, though it would take some while, and it would hardly be effective....And her Mana Drive was gone. She'd have no way to cast spells that weren't directly related to synthesis.
Better to play the card of the civilian, then.

"This is a town that lingers in between night and day," she told him, gently. "Here, Light still shines, even though it's still fragile. I like to think one day people might wake up to a world where everything is safe. It keeps me going on days like today." Dryly, the female smiled, though it seemed worn and out of gusto. "It keeps me going every day, really. Hope is an everyday miracle, as my father said."

Quietly, she watched the people passing by them, as the hues of the sunset danced along the buildings around them, casting shadows across the cobblestones. The breeze, pleasant and warm, tickled at the hairs along her arm, brushing gently against the bench, throwing tumbleweed-like trash across the scape. Nobody paid much mind to it. To them, these were only things they took for granted...If only they knew of all the agony that went on beyond their feeble boarders.

There was so much destruction and loss, and yet it never seemed to have touched this place. Maria wondered to herself how many people had died here, how many Heartless had appeared in this world, and if the citizens even believed they existed...So much like her own home, fractured from reality, suspended in unobservant disconnection...
It was her hope that this place, this world, as lovely as it was, didn't come to the same horrible fate. Too much had been lost from the Realm of Light as it was already.

"I lost someone I cared about today," the L'Blanc said quietly, shrugging her shoulders. It was unlike her to tell such a thing to a complete stranger, but she had spent so many long years, mourning alone, that perhaps it was well for her to share the burden. "My husband."
Shaking her head, Maria smiled, wryly. "I've tried to forget he's gone of course. I like to think he's away on a vacation, somewhere pleasant....but of course, that's not really true. Today especially, I really can't help but feel like something is missing from my life. I didn't see him go, and I'm glad I didn't...I can only hope he went peacefully."
Her hazel eyes glanced over in his direction, lips curled into a tight frown. "Have you lost someone to the shadows? Almost everybody has. It's hard to find someone today who hasn't been effected by them in some way or another...the more of them there are, the harder and harder it gets to avoiding them. Pretty soon, there's going to be more of them, than there are of us..."

It would be a cold day in Tartarus before she allowed that to come to pass. Maria perhaps, could do with fading away, if it meant that the Darkness were gone eternally.

[Clickable]

Belysa

Back to top Go down

Post by Eno on September 6th 2014, 7:36 am

(Trudging along, the motivation coming and going. Sorry for the wait, hopefully things can start picking up again.)

Given the fact that she allowed him to speak without interruption, Eno decides to give her the same treatment. Listening to her words, turning his head to her as she speaks, and giving the illusion that the undead's full attention is on her. The spirit can hear her speaking, he can understand and retain what she's saying, but Eno isn't giving her his full attention. To say ex-hand was seeing through her is a bit more than just a simple turn of phrase. Then again, it also wouldn't be a true phrase given the situation.

The husk is looking in her, not through her.

The inferno within still held the same consistency for the most part, yet the violent spasms have started to subside. However, it's such a minute change that it's barely noticeable, but at least her inflection has softened somewhat. Still, the longer he looks, the smaller the relief that knowledge brings to the servant.

The color definitely put Eno off. In fact the pit forming in the ex-hand's stomach only grew. Perhaps her nervousness isn't what he needs to worry about. After all, its his right hand that's tightening around the wooden edge, feeling the hard consistency press into the palm of his gloves. And the stronger his grip becomes, the more tense his entire arm appears. Such a rigid hold that stretches all the way to his shoulder...

That white light, with each passing moment it appears to spread throughout his very vision, like a gaping maw of brightness looking to consume him, giving him nothing but a field of white to view. If only he could turn away for a few moments to collect himself then there would be no problems, but if he does he'll certainly come off as rude towards the one he's sitting with. Worse still it might seem suspicious given the subject of the conversation. Just who is this girl and why is she capable of doing this even when she's doing nothing but talking? Could she be trying to subjugate the spirit with her presence alone, or is Eno's new sight just hypersensitive?

Just focus on her words, listen to her voice, ignore the light. Words Eno keeps repeating to himself in an attempt to offset the gluttonous blinding fire. It's in this moment he's grateful he isn't able to sweat, else he'd probably give off a very obvious sign of his discomfort. Thankfully, his little mantra appears to have some effect, as the light begins to back away, retreating into the shell in which it resides. Soon enough the sickly feeling within begins to dissipate as well. From there he's able to loosen the grip upon the bench.

Focusing fully on her, it seems that his explanation was able to give her a little bit of ease, then again this woman could just be forcing herself into a calmer state of being. After all, he hasn't told her his mission. Not being forthcoming with information could prove to be a reason for mistrust. But, she just met him only a few minutes ago, it wasn't any of her business anyway. Who was she to pry into affairs that didn't concern her? Sure he might stand out with his clothes and height, but that doesn't necessarily mean his reasons for being here are a bad thing. Well, they are for a certain group of creatures but that's beside the point. Is she just paranoid or what?

“That,” Eno trails off, finding the right words to say, “that's a nice thought to have,” turning to look back to the sunset he crosses his arms, “even if such a thing is a far way off. Some would even say impossible,” the husk grins as he speaks, “but hey, it is something worth fighting for isn't it? Just because something seems impossible for you doesn't mean you can't lay down the path for someone to follow, right? There's always someone stronger that can bring you further to your goals than you ever thought possible, someone more capable.”

Like the man, no, the demi-god his master expects him to defeat...

“But as far as Hope goes,” it's now the smile drops from his face, “I'd have to disagree with your father. I can't say that it's a miracle, I feel it's human nature to hope for the better, to hope that one day they can live in peace. However, the true miracle lies in those with the willingness to fight for it. You can't just expect things to come to you, you have to bite, claw, and drag yourself to what it is you desire, by any means necessary.” The best example, is first hand experience, and it wouldn't be a lie to say that the ex-hand has intimate knowledge of such a thing. After all, if he didn't have the drive to obtain his goals he would still be there, clawing through sand.

So many people cling to such a thing, desperate, ignorant individuals who didn't know what it meant to truly give it your all for what it is you want or need. Even this world isn't immune. The area the light and dark wielder are in would be one of the cleaner kept parts of this world, despite the trash moving along with the calm breeze casually blowing by. Not a single man or woman wearing rags, their gnarled, bony hands outstretched, believing that there'll be one soul kind enough to bestow upon them the means to eat for the day.

Children and adults alike look to the skies, stars glistening within their eyes, dreaming of grandeur, not knowing that if they don't properly prepare then their little fantasies would crack and shatter like oh so thin glass around them. Sadly, adulthood wouldn't teach the oldest ones that hope was nothing more than poison should they not act to make what it was they want a reality. Pitiful really, but, not all is lost to them, there will be those among them that'll try to show the others the way, whether that will succeed or not depends on the words of this individual...

Hearing her speak of her husband though, a part of him did wish to console her, despite the apparent threat she could very well present. If his suspicions of her are correct, then there should be no need for him to feel this way towards her. The suspicion is still incredibly apparent, yet, there is this sense of pity? Or could it be his own sorrow dictating his emotions? This woman isn't alone when it comes to loss, the ex-hand has experienced the same.

The only ones he could ever consider family, the ones he wanted so desperately to reconcile with after escaping that hellish domain, are gone. Lost to the darkness like so many others. Just how many have suffered the same fate as the husk's world? There may be too many to count. In spite of that, here he is, serving a man who works alongside a woman who controls that very element. It would be infuriating, where that God not the one who freed him from his eternal torment.

Eno wishes to tell her that her husband will be taken care of. That if he was truly a good person in life then paradise eternal would what he experienced for the rest of his immortal years. But, he did not know these people, and he lacks the knowledge to make such a brash statement. To do so would only bring anger to the person he sat alongside, if she's being honest that is.

The two sit in a rather comfortable silence for a few moments, the only sounds being the pitter patter of the many citizens, along with the occasional laughter of children at play. A sweet melody for a world such as this, something to greatly eclipse the horrid works behind the scenes. If only they knew just what their carefree attitude could potentially be opening them up to...

Eno takes a long, drawn out sigh before answering, “I have, actually, I've lost many. The woman I loved being among them,” the ex-hand offers his companion a sad smile, “well, it wouldn't be fair to say that we loved one another, she died before we could really figure out whether it was love, or words said from a moment of desperation. However, I had lost her long before we confessed our love to one another.” Taking a moment to get to his feet he continues, “I lost her because of my own decision. I had the opportunity to live out my days with her and my friends in peace. Instead, I chose to stay in the darkness.”

Before he can continue, something caught his sight, something unique. The disturbing reason being the way this stranger's soul appeared. The woman next to him had a bright, pure light, with small traces showing her emotional state, but this one, this one was vastly different. An obvious error in the sea of radiance that moved about him. It held the same white silhouette of course, but just beneath the surface of that outline, lies something steel grey and solid. Where there should be life, is only this, this thing.

It's almost as if its wearing the silhouette, as though it's trying to hide its appearance from the others it moves with. From the actions of the people around it, nothing seems to be off. It's as if they can't see what it is the husk sees. A wolf in sheep's clothing...

When it breaks away from the crowd, Eno finds it hard to keep himself still. Hades did mention that these beings were out of the ordinary, but to what extent the servant didn't know. As far as he knew, that creature was a parasite, taking over the body of an unsuspecting civilian. The same as Arden, yet these weren't orbs of light, no, this was a singular being, not a swarm of latent memories.

Believing that he has spent enough time dwelling here on the past, and with his mission having come to him rather than having the spirit seek it out, the husk starts to follow after the parasite towards what he believes to be a lengthy back alley. Something out of the public eye that may possibly contain something more than just a few trashcans and shadows. Could it be meeting with others there perhaps? Either way he will be sure to get some answers, be it through verbal means or at the end of a blade. But before leaving earshot he's sure to turn and give one last look to the silhouette of light that has kept him company.

“I apologize, but I'm afraid I must cut this conversation short. My condolences to you and both families. Good day, stranger.”

Speed of Light

Eno Vale

Eno

Back to top Go down