» Marionette
Apologies EmptyDecember 2nd 2018, 2:31 pm by +/-

» suck on my magnum dong
Apologies EmptyOctober 18th 2018, 9:25 pm by Gemini

» It's my birthday.
Apologies EmptyOctober 4th 2018, 8:20 pm by Gemini

» EW
Apologies EmptySeptember 9th 2018, 3:53 am by Gemini

» What are Your Current Plans for Your Character?
Apologies EmptyFebruary 11th 2018, 7:33 pm by Chastelle

Statistics
We have 3557 registered users
The newest registered user is Shirou Seeker of Duckness

Our users have posted a total of 143994 messages in 12544 subjects

Apologies

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Apologies Empty Apologies

Post by Shirou on August 6th 2014, 6:57 pm

I'm leaving the site until there is a change in leadership. The owner of the site is not a good leader and I'm done with his inability to put his ego aside. I've talked to him multiple times before about his activity and involvement, and he has failed to keep his promises of being better.

I've said this before, but Yima should have stepped down a while ago. He is much too busy to be an active part of the community and this is extremely apparent. He hasn't even made a character and all he does is post in topics of people leaving or coming back and the occasional site discussion topic. There are several reasons for the site not prospering, and one of those is the owner. How can we possibly prosper if the owner doesn't even enjoy his own site?

And yet, even though he has a blatant disconnect from the site, he must be involved with every staff decision and action on the site. A staff member cannot make a decision without having to consult him first. He refuses to relinquish more responsibility and authority upon them, yet claims to trust them all. He requires communication, but is the hardest one to get in touch with and have a conversation with. I can't count how many site-related conversations I've had with him where he just stops replying.

But he will probably skim over the issue. Claim that he's been working behind the scenes, which further shows how disconnected he is. He expects staff to communicate with him, yet never communicates with them. Probably ultimately ignore this topic and pretend that nothing ever happened. Or maybe he'll change his mind and will do whatever the issue is now to save face, to prove that I'm just talking out of my ass. Because that's Yima. Our owner. And honestly, I'm disappointed in him.

[23:25:24] Zihark joined the chat on 10/17/2011, 11:25 pm
[23:27:16] Zihark : I SUSCEDE SHIROU VELOX, YOUR IDEA WAS BETTER

[02:13:16] Etzolix : YOU WON'T
[02:13:18] Etzolix : I GOT YIMA ON A LEASH

[1:41:03 AM] "Ansem": I only have
[1:41:09 AM] "Ansem": 500 munny
[1:41:20 AM] "Ansem": ....IMA WELFARE PIMP

Shirou
Shirou

Back to top Go down

Apologies Empty Re: Apologies

Post by Etzolix on August 6th 2014, 6:59 pm

Well, then. This is dramatic. And unexpected. hmu?
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuro on August 6th 2014, 7:11 pm

^

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirou on August 6th 2014, 7:19 pm

Skype wrote:Shirou: Drakar told me that he thought admins/staff members in general should be able to make decisions without contacting Yima first
Shirou: Like banning a member
Shirou: There was a discussion in staff chat
Shirou: which Yima basically interpreted as "So you want to be able to ignore me?"
Shirou: and sick of Yima's bullshit

Shirou
Shirou

Back to top Go down

Post by Belysa on August 6th 2014, 7:29 pm

Okay. Milo and Kuro? Stop doing that shit. I know for a fact both of you have similar if not the same feelings on this issue as Shirou does. But as usual, you will BOTH stick your heads in the sand and DO NOTHING, because you feel it's not your problem or you "don't care".
Which is bullshit. Because I know you both do! I so fucking hate when you do that!

We had a discussion about this exact same issue. OPENLY. In the CHATBOX. People...are *TIRED* of feeling like shit is suspended in mid air. It has been that way LONG before the reset. It will CONTINUE to be that way. Something NEEDS to be done.

A website is as active and energized as its leadership, and it isn't right now. With a good reason. People are busy. I know someone's going to bring that up. Shut up. We know. I know. You know.

But this busy status...LITERALLY APPLIES TO 90% of the staff, 90% of the time! That is ridiculous! How do you expect people to have ANY confidence in that sort of thing?

People have already, EXTREMELY OPENLY, complained about Storm being a jackass/asshole!
People have already complained staff is almost NEVER online!
People have already complained that nothing is really done around here!

There NEEDS to be a change of leadership. We NEED someone who is direct and active and has the ability to LEAD instead of just existing. Nothing is going to change UNTIL that happens. You can reboot and resystemize all you want--no energy from STAFF means no energy from your USERS. I learned that the HARD WAY.

Yima, I respect you as a leader and as an RPer. You know I have for a long while. But this is getting ridiculous. Your active staff members feel like what they are doing is more of a job than fun, and that's...not how that's suppose to work. Shirou is RIGHT. You are BARELY ever around. You are BARELY involved in discussions.
Your TECHNICIANS do MORE WORK THAN THE REST OF YOUR STAFF COMBINED. I have seen more activity from them than the ENTIRETY of the rest of your staff COMBINED.

Have you been busy? Sure. Has it been summer? Yeah. But I am talking....in GENERAL.

You need to step down. We need to figure something out, because this is NOT working.

"Complaining about people complaining always fixes major issues! Let's do that instead of trying to find a collective solution by talking it out amongst ourselves as a community and point fingers instead of taking responsibility for our actions! While we're at it, let's attempt to satirize and/or demonize everybody who attempt to make a suggestion! Man, we are way better at this than those other people with experience who are trying to help!"

All RP's with Belysa in them are SUSPENDED for activity until further notice.
[Clickable]
Belysa
Belysa

Back to top Go down

Post by Etzolix on August 6th 2014, 7:29 pm

To be fair, Mods aren't doing much either. You've done what you're alotted, as well as Drakar.

I'm not even sure what more there is to do aside general moderation, which is obviously not happening. Is that something you'd want to be done or? Or are the 'background projects' not enough, considering the only things that need to be handled and...I'm not sure what else, right now.

Or is it the general want for someone to actively be here for appearances? Right now, there really isn't enough activity to warrant anything because there isn't enough RPing.

Edit: Didn't see Bel's post, reading now.

re:Edit: Read it. Maybe the lack of RPing can be attributed to a lack of staff activity. Maybe there is a direct correlation. Sure, I'd love to see the place more active. I've actually been in a call with Yima, soooo. There's only so much you can do when nothing is happening. A lot of the failures of staff and members has happened during transitional periods, which is a cause of lot of failure. Not a transitional period, not a lot of room for failure. And we can't really worry about fixing the past, but working on what we have now.

Honestly, he should just turn into Zex/TCO. I know that's what I'd do. Fuck a democracy, fuck member entitlement. Dictatorship b!tchezzz, wattup.
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Occam on August 6th 2014, 7:36 pm

If he does that, I'm leaving.

Back to top Go down

Post by Etzolix on August 6th 2014, 7:38 pm

Better to be a dick than to try to be nice and have everyone bitch at everything and anything that happens.

So, I'll hold the door.
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirou on August 6th 2014, 7:47 pm

Zex was, in all honesty, better than Yima. Sure he wasn't chatty with people, but he actually made efforts to better the site, even if his ideals were a bit outdated. Yima doesn't start anything. He doesn't want to improve the site, he doesn't want to change anything. He's stagnant and stubborn.

And yeah, the staff as a whole hasn't been very active, but there isn't much room to move. Shouldn't it be the owner's duty to find duties to keep the staff busy and useful? The site would be the exact same if Yima was the only staff member because that's how it basically is now. Every staff member's purpose is to talk to Yima, inform him of the problem, and force discussion out of him to solve it.

There are several ideas I've proposed in staff chat that Yima has ignored. I've had to badger him about them to get a response, and after a year or two of that happen, it just sucks the motivation out of you. The staff members are directionless because Yima doesn't give them direction yet only allows direction to come from him.

Shirou
Shirou

Back to top Go down

Post by Occam on August 6th 2014, 7:50 pm

To add on to what Shirou said at the end, Yima. We need to grow so we can finally accomplish what the older staff has hoped for: the next generation being ready to lead themselves. That's why Ownership isn't forever, eventually we meet the horizon. This is that horizon, possibly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Etzolix on August 6th 2014, 8:00 pm

Even if he wanted to give the site up, he's pressured to keep it to not reward this behavior. However, that would be detrimental to his psyche and the site as a whole.

However, if he didn't want to give it away, but did, then this actually does reinforce the behavior, which is something I don't support.

However...

So, if he does end up giving up the site, I hope it's because it's what he thinks is best for HIM and the SITE, not because the demands of a bunch of users. Never negotiate with terrorists. Also, if he doesn't, then we do need more active moderators who do things, because just one person being active obviously isn't enough. It requires a group of active people, but Shirou's made a lengthy comment on that correlation, so.

It's probably not best to make a decision under a lot of pressure anyway, so. It'd be best for this to made when the dust has settled. At least, for him it would be.
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Belysa on August 6th 2014, 8:05 pm

Do I think it's okay to reward people throwing a tantrum? Nope.
Do I think something needs to happen? Yup.

"Complaining about people complaining always fixes major issues! Let's do that instead of trying to find a collective solution by talking it out amongst ourselves as a community and point fingers instead of taking responsibility for our actions! While we're at it, let's attempt to satirize and/or demonize everybody who attempt to make a suggestion! Man, we are way better at this than those other people with experience who are trying to help!"

[Clickable]
Belysa
Belysa

Back to top Go down

Post by Etzolix on August 6th 2014, 8:12 pm

Yeah, at least that's acknowledge, otherwise, people might think throwing tantrums is the only way to get what they want.

No matter what he does, because people want what they want, they're going to frame him in a negative light. Hahaha. Sux.
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirou on August 6th 2014, 8:20 pm

It's not like Yima's 100% innocent in this situation.

Shirou
Shirou

Back to top Go down

Post by Etzolix on August 6th 2014, 8:21 pm

Nah, never saying that. We are all accountable for our own mistakes, after all.
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirou on August 6th 2014, 8:27 pm

I'll continue painting him in a negative light until he proves me wrong. I feel as though he lied to me, so I feel justified in that respect. I might not be, but that's how I feel.

You could say that all of the things I've pointed out is just Yima being himself. He isn't intentionally doing those thing and there is no malicious intent. It's just how Yima is. Those are just the flaws that he has, like anybody has. Human flaws. You can't blame a guy for having him. But you can hold him accountable for not attempting to rectify or acknowledge them. You can hold him accountable for refusing to attempt to change them for the better.

But, of course, you could say, "Why should he have to change?"

He doesn't have to change. He doesn't have to do anything. But he can't go on, acting like he's doing everything right and that nothing's wrong.

Shirou
Shirou

Back to top Go down

Post by Etzolix on August 6th 2014, 9:37 pm

No matter what he says or does, he's going to be look bad.
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Hikari on August 6th 2014, 9:38 pm

:(

It's sad to see you leave Shi but it's your right. I can perfectly understand why you're upset and I'm not going to type up a post trying to justify Yima's actions when I don't support his course of actions at all. I'm personally not going to take actions such as this -- or at least I'm not planning on it -- but that's just me.

Best of luck Shi.

"Playing hero gets you nowhere if you aren't ready to act."

Kingdom Hearts RPG Moderator
Resident Asshole
Hikari
Hikari

Back to top Go down

Post by Hikari on August 6th 2014, 9:40 pm

Milo wrote:No matter what he says or does, he's going to be look bad.

Yima's goal as site admin isn't to make people look at him positively. It's to run the site, be active, listen to the other staff members when they bring something up, and etcetera. It's not about looking good or bad -- it's about performing your duties as owner.

Resident Asshole
Hikari
Hikari

Back to top Go down

Post by Etzolix on August 6th 2014, 9:48 pm

My point is that no matter what he does, people are going to say he isn't active, listening to staff, members, and etc. Not unless he gets Zex active or as active as I was when I briefly had the site.
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Hikari on August 6th 2014, 9:59 pm

That's a generalization and relates to the majority of the memberbase. If it was meant to be a response to Shi stating he'd continue painting him in a negative light then it really doesn't have relevance. He's upset about the events -- it isn't that he decided to jump on the bandwagon of saying Yima's inactive just because the majority state that and could continue to do so regardless of what is done.

Resident Asshole
Hikari
Hikari

Back to top Go down

Post by Belysa on August 6th 2014, 10:38 pm

Icarus wrote:
Milo wrote:No matter what he says or does, he's going to be look bad.

Yima's goal as site admin isn't to make people look at him positively. It's to run the site, be active, listen to the other staff members when they bring something up, and etcetera. It's not about looking good or bad -- it's about performing your duties as owner.

Psssssst.....the reason we're complaining is because HE ISN'T DOING ANY OF THOSE THINGS RIGHT NOW.
He's not active. He's not listening to other staff members. It IS making him look bad. He is not performing his duties as an owner.

Milo is RIGHT. No matter what happens after this, it's too late--the seed of malcontent has already been planted. People are no aware that this is a problem, and it is going to continue to fester until you either fix it, or run this website right into the ground.

Look at what you wrote! You YOURSELF stated there was no way you could defend Yima's actions. Why should anybody have ANY form of confidence in him when more than HALF OF HIS STAFF can't even back him up? How do you think it makes us as users feel?

Users get their energy from other users with gumption, and the staff. If the staff feels worn down, the members feel worn down, and nobody wants to contribute time and effort into a website that feels like its been teetering on the edge of fucking oblivion for the last three years.

He needs to step down. Frankly the only legitimately active users on the whole STAFF are the TECHNICIANS and you are about to lose BOTH of them. Hell you might be losing most of your active members if they go. Because if Shirou and Zeikke leave? I'm leaving too.

[Clickable]
Belysa
Belysa

Back to top Go down

Post by Yima on August 6th 2014, 11:44 pm

Looks like we have been down a similar road before, well I wish you the best dude; I know your gonna do what you think is best for you and site and I respect that aspect.  Oh same to you drakar.

As for my actions and trains of thought allow me to go more in depth in that direction given that seems to be the mysteriousness of it all.  Since reference was made the the staff topic I believe I should make that conversation a bit more public for the sake of reference so I will post each post and my thoughts in relation to words stated.
-Drakar
I don't need to detail it much, but since Yima is busy and Mohon just stepped down, we should have an acting admin since Shirou does not have the authority. If we don't have anyone with that authority on site, we can't respond to things getting to the point where an admin needs to step in. I'm sorry Yima, but Shirou (currently the only option) needs to have authority. In light of recent events, we have had members flaming, which can reach levels where it NEEDS to be punished. I would like to add that I am referring to the ability to make decisions while the Owner is not here. Meaning bans if necessary, meaning response to the community's wishes when the owner has an extended absence. Meaning if say Yima isn't here for more than a few weeks, the acting admin NEEDS to be able to make decisions otherwise the community will grow restless.

This would follow a hierarchy similar to POTUS, going from Owner down to any admins down to any staff member who has admin powers, but it would stop there.
-
Okay well I am already looking for another admin and was thinking about drakar but knowing he is a good technician also looking for other options; I had the same thoughts when considering shirou for admin so still considering other options.  

Admins can already ban and so can technicians without admin present which I made doubly apparent in the position descriptions which I had discovered had been altered without my permission but decided to hold onto that issue until later on.  We don't give moderators ban responsibilities due to how moderator status is widely used for other things such as plot team etc.  So if that isn't actually an issue then are they simply not reading their position descriptions or is there something more to this?  
-Yima
You don't have to worry about me disappearing for weeks unless I tell you and I am looking into another admin.

In the case we don't have someone here that can ban as has been the case for some time when I am not on site (not doing 8 hour shifts on here), ban the person from the chatbox, send me a pm, and or contact me or someone that can contact me: Shirou, Etzolix, Frank (old ansem), azmot, or contact me directly by cell phone if you have my number.  There will be times when there isn't an admin on and in the rare case the site is in danger the technicians who do have access to the admin panel may utilize that power with permission of the owner to neutralize x threat(s) (all the technicians can contact me by cell phone) which they do have when there are no admin about.

I trust all you guys.

-
Explained at length with contingencies but that could make it confusing in hindsight.
-Shirou
Not that I'm agree or disagreeing, but why should we have to jump through so many hoops, especially if you trust us? Seems contradictory in nature to me.
-
Okay so shi didn't get it lemme try again, hoping opening the doors to my personal time in an emergency that much more welcoming would help darn.
-Drakar
I would like to know - are you referring to us still having to get permission from you? If I can't contact you through Skype, are you always available via phone?

The issue I believe is that what if we can't contact you? We need to be able to act without you, and that is where we need your trust. Of course it would be one person, we don't just need a new admin we also need the ability for an acting admin. I know you would like to say you won't be gone, but honestly you are not here most of the time. If we have a new admin, they also need to be able to act without you.

Yima, I don't mean to offend you but regardless of the attempts to be active you are not active and that's a harsh truth. This means we need more than one person with the authority to ban or discipline members. If there is anything that requires you, that means things will be slowed down. What are we to tell members when they come to us and discuss a member doing something that would constitute banning? "Hold on, I have to ask Yima first". It's an issue that needs to be fixed.
-
I already empowered the staff to make decissions like banning and admins to move things along until they effect major aspects of the site like how the rules operate; I am ultimately responsible after all.

I'm on here almost everyday (can't call myself perfect after all) though there is a three hour difference so I am 3 hours behind everyone on the east coast and I get home around 3-5 pm my time if I am working so that is 6-8pm east coast, ahh I do have a job, but so does most staff members so that really isn't an issue... maybe they are worried it is shrugs.  Oh maybe it's because I haven't been rping yet (working on getting Yima ready to emerge here ha so many things to update little by little), I do complete my staff responsibilities though I am also really patient so I do like waiting 2-3 days encase anyone has anything else to add to important topics before calling it done so that could be seen badly but I'm not gonna rush something important; I didn't rush the transfer to the new universe and did 93+% of that myself as people complained I was doing nothing but my job is to make the place run so that is what I need to do.  Better put some soup together really quick so I can have that later I have a reminiscent feeling about all this.  
-Yima
I just said shi could ban <.<
-Drakar
Yes, but how you worded it was that he still needed permission, at least that's how I read it.
-
That is a legitimate point, it could be read a few different ways looking back.
-Shirou
What I interpreted it as is, "If you cannot possibly come into contact with me and have exhausted every source of communication, than yes." Which, like I said, is jumping through a lot of hoops. Not to mention that if you are contacted, that would lead to a discussion which could lead to a "wait until I can evaluate it myself" which could lead to so much downtime that it wouldn't be right to execute a punishment so they get off scott free.
-
Well that has been solved and was already in place before this was brought up so I guess I am glad you guy are now informed... o.o
-Yima
Lemme say this: technicians who have trust of the owner to be in the positions they are in may ban in the case there is no admin present until further notice.
-Shirou
I don't think you're getting the point of this discussion. It isn't exclusively about being able to ban.
-
Well we already talked about acting without me and up to major alterations I don't see the issue present unless we are worried I will dissapear for an extended period from something like death or sickness.... which I could have a plan for btu I don't feel like discussing that here like we are.

Oh, an acting admin, well I'm looking but maybe that is it.
-Yima
IS it about making you an acting admin in all regards?
-
Oh lol caps the s in IS opps.
-Drakar
It's not just about technicians, it should be any admin that requires going through hoops to get things done. And it isn't just about banning, it's in general admin-level decision making that should require discussion but not require the owner if he isn't active. Our discussions lead to trying to convince a yes or no out of you, and I understand you are owner, but this is my solution to when you aren't here. Well, since there isn't another admin we need an acting admin while you are gone. Which would mean Shirou since he has admin panel powers.
-
Like when I am not on during the day... well that's why I am looking for another admin though we went over that... k so that isn't what we are talking about okay.  If this is about giving away owner jurisdiction and subverting decision making from the owner than I can't be behind that and that has been attempted three times now... okay maybe that is the creeping feeling in the back of my head, let's see how this plays out.
-Shirou
I would like to mention that I want Technicians to stay as they are. Powerless janitors.
-
Okay that kinda sounds hostile but shirou can talk angry without actually being angry which has caused us to fight before on account of communication mistakes on both sides so just go with it.
-Yima
You would rather no require my input to operate?
-Drakar
Only if it stops us from operating at all. I.e. if we can't do anything, of course any DRASTIC changes may require you, i.e. major aesthetic changes (the layout) or the imposing of a major rule because that would require EVERYONE on the site and the allocation of a majority opinion. I hope I'm conveying my thoughts correctly, by the way.
-
Well the position descriptions already have that all laid out and I am glad we are starting to understand each other here.
-Shirou
Not every action needs immediate discussion, or the presence of the owner to execute (in my opinion). Certain actions should be executed when the issues/need arises. If there is a delay, it can create ill-feelings by members involved and can effect the ultimate outcome. In addition, things previously discussed with the owner and other staff members should not need the confirmation by the owner before the execution. Discussion is still important, but there should be more independence and authority to the other staff members, so they can act without being restrained by the absence of the owner.
-
Well if it is a decision that has a major impact on the site I need to be a part of it since I am the owner and this place is my responsibility, every post is something I will be held responsible for in the court of law so that I'd be concerned about too but hey I worry and I know I do sometimes.  Any case it wouldn't matter who the owner was that is how the site operates for good reason, I'm also on skype consistently so even if I am not on site I can be easily contacted there, I was even talking to you shi two nights ago about what I was writing up for the formal rules and bouncing thoughts with you so this feels kinda strange.
-Yima
So this is less a encase your not online and more your not active enough?
-
lol I meant to say me
-Icarus
I honestly don't have much of an opinion on this but I'm down with getting another admin. If we plan on promoting Shirou to an admin though like suggested in the original post we need to keep in mind his feelings towards such a promotion as well as the fact that it means we're going to need to recruit a new technician to take up the now empty role.

I'm fine with either decision ultimately.
-
Well that is a project in motion either way glad your on board.
-Shirou
Examples:

Person A is flaming. There are no admins on or cannot get on. The only thing they can do is lock the topic, but that doesn't actually solve the problem. They should be able to ban the person for three days and then it can be discussed when the proper admins get on.

The canon poll has been finished. The discussion for the new system has already been discussed and agreed upon. An admin should be able to declare the poll as being finished and integrate the new system without the confirmation of the site owner.

Also, I agree to being an admin if a. Yima asks me and if b. I am able to make decisions without his confirmation.
-
Okay now I have the feeling that the belief if something is said enough times it is true is in play and that is really disheartening considering it wasn't an actual issue to begin with.

I don't like to rush things encase someone has something to say and I saw guardians of the galaxy last night and it was awesome so waited till tonight; maybe I should posted asking if anyone has more to say and wait a day as a policy in the future.  

Oh.... well it is a third time then, no I am not gonna turn the site over to someone operating in this method.  This was tried before and I rejected it then too, the first time was under the guise of having all admins have equal say to get around the owner at the time and he said no to that then (he was me o.o), the guise was democracy but it was just a work around.  I like democracy but on this site there is a limit to where the owner needs to take the reins given they are solely responsible for it legally and given I make purchases to keep adds off site they have my payment info so yah as good as bagged.
-Yima
Currently we have me for admin, we don't have other admins, I have no intention of giving someone the permission to disregard communicating with the site owner on matters that effect the sites systems. I had no intention of making Shirou an admin earlier because he does so well as a technician much less allow anyone on site to alter the system without consulting me first.

If the issue is you think you have to consult me to do your positions as outlined in the staff section you don't unless stated, if you want the right to ignore the owner to implement projects beyond that based on perceived activity then I am going to turn you down.
-
Time to just be blunt about it.
-Shirou
Yima, for once could you not take this personally? Let's face it. You're not active enough to be truly involved with the site. You post exclusively in topics of people either leaving or coming back, or the occasional site discussion topic. I've talked to you about your activity twice before, and each time you said you'd be more active. But you haven't. So that makes you either a liar or you're secretly being active behind my back.

Anyways, I'm done with this. This site is clearly on it's last leg and the owner won't do anything to help it because he cares too much about his ego and gets offended whenever somebody suggests that he isn't doing enough (because let's face it, you aren't and it's apparent to every person on the site). Believe whatever you want to believe, Yima, but know that it's at the cost of quality in the site and the staff.
-
I feel like this discussion is a heated one at this point and it seems that grudge that you claimed not to have is still going strong, I'm not gonna be zexion in your business or Etzolix host of the heavenly lizard choir and said I would be more stand offish than them which got me in trouble before but I improved and still do so this reversion feels painful on a personal level but that has to be put aside for now.  Especially after you came back saw everything was ready to transfer into the public eye and offered to help out move the forums and categories over which was nice while I finished up the necessary topics now we are back to this train of though which is kinda depressing... I should spend some more time in the chatbox... >.< feel bad cause when I enter it dies or no one is there o.<.
-Drakar
I hate to say this, but in a chain reaction I can't eventually do what we've been trying to do: train the next generation to be the next generation of leaders. We are supposed to replace you so you aren't burdened forever, so when you can't be here we are here to take your place since you won't always be able to do this, it isn't personal it is just about the health of the site. I will be stuck as some janitor who waits for orders, instead of renovation or making decisions to handle things smoothly. I'm not being taught how to handle big situations, I'm being taught how to wait for you to handle them and this site needs more than that. Shirou kept me busy, but eventually I was going to push to not just be some janitor, to be an actual mod and eventually in the future, an admin. But what is the point if you decide we need you for the biggest of decisions when you are hardly here?

I will bring this discussion to the members if that's what it takes to fix things around here. I wanted this resolved quietly, because regardless of how much respect I have for you, I have to take a stand because there is no faith from the members for the staff.
-
Well hmm alright public discussion it is but I'm gonna finish what I have planned first with the cannon character implementation since that is my responsibility and this is the last day I'm willing to wait.  Oh gosh to pas this place down to someone ready for the job, looking forward to that day when the time is right of course.  The hardly here part well I did say I was on a ten day stretch week or so ago and that is long over but I was still on though it was late on account of the 68 hour week though I could come on earlier when I get home yeah... kinda get tired of this though especially when I am about to finish something... even talking to someone on site right now as I do it too, oh gosh this is gonna a long night, gonna have to cancel what I had planned for later darn oh well.

Wait... so shirou has been giving him extra work and the technician position guidelines changed without me being talked to.. okay we are back to simply not bothering to speak to me about changes that I should be talked to about so now I need to worry about what has gone on when I haven't been on site physically well last time that happened onyx was allowed to roam free with admin approval I didn't know about and I had to prevent dictatorship like actions but hopefully it hasn't gotten to that point yet.

I suppose this will end up as a good feedback topic when I get to it, if I don't do the cannons first I'll get to distracted with all the drama that might happen... darn I do not enjoy drama o.o  though the chatbox always get's active from it lol.

reads topic

Well about the same as last time though I did hold my tongue more last time better just say what I feel and think without making it to politically correct

As for changes in the past I didn't agree with we didn't implement those as we also didn't implement some of mine, we did what was thought to be best for the site and these sorts of topics that occur suck the motivation out of me too but I have a responsibility.  As for staff duties those are outlined and when staff ask for extra work (rare but it does happen) I give them what I have and if I don't then I don't that tends to fall with activity and I tend to focus more on the system and implementing other peoples ideas in a manner that benefits everyone if it is doable and beneficial to the greater whole.  Moderators will have more work now with the cannon character update and so will admin in that regard so that has to be looked to along with the active topics and character stuff.  I am also not supposed to do everything on site and let the staff do their duties and help where necessary while working on my duties primarily.

Oh here are the complete guidelines considering I keep referencing them an have yet to post them so they are at the bottom so less searching required; not all positions are active.  Need to do more on teaching other staff it looks like and more time in the chatbox; I wonder what the site wants to see most out of me behavioral wise... hope it isn't to live here o.o I like it but.... life... and stuff

Staff Behavioral Guidelines

• OOC Topics are places where you can go and talk to other users casually. You don't have to be overly polite and professional, but you need to remain aware that you are always staff, and that is a label that you cannot simply take on and off.
  • Moderate OOC discussion. People can discuss a topic or issue, only so long as they are being civil about it. Arguments and debates are also okay. However, if flaming starts, end the discussion by locking the topic or giving a warning.
  • Keep unbiased opinions about OOC controversies, issues, suggestions, and etc... At the very least, keep your opinion polite and respectful. Your opinions represent and reflect on the staff as a whole, even if you don't intend them to.  We are meant to provide an environment that allow for the discussion of the above.
  • This is a given, but be polite and respective to other members. You can joke around with them, but keep the jabs light. Treat members with respect. This also applies to any member in general even if they are acting terribly.
  • Feel free to call out other staff members about their behavior if they are being rude, whether they are Intern, Mod, or Admin. Simply tell them to knock it off, though don't make a big deal out of it.  Try to avoid adding more fuel to the fire.
  • Be aware of your public image. Your IC and OOC actions no longer reflect only you; they also reflect off of the staff as a whole. If you mess up or if you throw a fit, that badly represents the staff.
  • Keep a tab on topics. This doesn't mean you have to read every single topic, but be mindful of what is going on.
  • Be very mindful of the rules and if you are unsure ask another staff member who is knowledgeable on the subject and review for your own personal knowledge; it is important that members can ask and expect a correct answer.
  • Be fair, both IC and OOC. Try to be as objective as you can, and if you feel as though you are too biased, pass it over to another staff member.

Staff Position Specific Responsibilities:

• Owner: Oversees all aspects of the website, fills in where necessary, teaches/instructs administrators, and makes the final call on decisions with regard to the website.
  • Admin: Oversees the admin panel, munny transactions, disciplinary action, site plot and events, webpage design, site project/alteration implementation, teaches other staff their responsibilities, moderates for both staff as well as general members, ensures rules are followed, and fills in where necessary.
  • Moderators:  Oversees disciplinary action, site events, site project/alteration implementation, teaches other staff their responsibilities, moderates for both staff as well as general members, ensures rules are followed, and fills in where necessary.  At the end of each month each moderator will complete a evaluation of each cannon in use for activity here.
  • Historia Mod: Oversees all site historia, updating when applicable, and ensuring that each historia is accurate by reviewing each submission as well as all associated topics in full.
  • Technical Mod: Oversees functions and maintenance of forum modules and widgets. Keeps informational topics up to date whenever there is a change. Checks staff-related topics for typos or errors.
  • Chatbox Mod: Oversees chatbox disciplinary actions, maintains a healthy environment within the chatbox, and teaches other chatbox staff their duties; also responsible for other ooc sections and maintaining a healthy environment there as well.
  • Interns: [Currently not in use]  Members that have an interest in becoming staff but do not have the experience yet necessary to perform the required duties; duties are taught by those listed for moderators.

*Additional responsibilities maybe assigned as the need arrives.

~For the time being technicians may ban when an admin is not present.

"There is a fine line between genius and insanity; I use it as a jumping rope"

Feel free to send me any feedback you have about site and or ideas.  ^_^

If you have a topic that you want to discus at length to improve the site please do so in the suggestion section so we can all be a part and move forward from there together.

An Amv I Like
Yima
Yima

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirou on August 7th 2014, 6:33 am

"Okay that kinda sounds hostile but shirou can talk angry without actually being angry which has caused us to fight before on account of communication mistakes on both sides so just go with it."

I was being completely serious. I enjoy not having to be that middle man who runs back and forth between member and you when an issue happens.

"Okay now I have the feeling that the belief if something is said enough times it is true is in play and that is really disheartening considering it wasn't an actual issue to begin with.

I don't like to rush things encase someone has something to say and I saw guardians of the galaxy last night and it was awesome so waited till tonight; maybe I should posted asking if anyone has more to say and wait a day as a policy in the future."

The examples were just that. Examples. And this is an example of how you always try to read between the lines, thinking everybody has an ulterior motive. It wasn't me trying to tell you that it was taking too long with the canons. It was a situation I could think of that seemed applicable to what I talked about earlier. Not to mention the fact that the discussion that was already happening about was never completed, because people stopped responded, including you.

"Oh.... well it is a third time then, no I am not gonna turn the site over to someone operating in this method.  This was tried before and I rejected it then too, the first time was under the guise of having all admins have equal say to get around the owner at the time and he said no to that then (he was me o.o), the guise was democracy but it was just a work around.  I like democracy but on this site there is a limit to where the owner needs to take the reins given they are solely responsible for it legally and given I make purchases to keep adds off site they have my payment info so yah as good as bagged."

Is that how you interpreted that discussion as? Is that what you interpreted this discussion as? Are you really that paranoid? Is that what you thought I was trying to do? So while we were talking about that, you were thinking, "Wow, that Shi guy is really trying to worm his way past me and get his way." It was a three-way co-ownership. I even said I didn't have to be included in that. God forbid I suggest that you get less power. I should also mention that you were convinced that you would always be overruled by the other co-owners, which says two things about you: 1. clearly the way you do things is different than how other people think and 2. you seem to be arrogant enough to believe that you'll always have the right judgement.

"I feel like this discussion is a heated one at this point and it seems that grudge that you claimed not to have is still going strong, I'm not gonna be zexion in your business or Etzolix host of the heavenly lizard choir and said I would be more stand offish than them which got me in trouble before but I improved and still do so this reversion feels painful on a personal level but that has to be put aside for now.  Especially after you came back saw everything was ready to transfer into the public eye and offered to help out move the forums and categories over which was nice while I finished up the necessary topics now we are back to this train of though which is kinda depressing... I should spend some more time in the chatbox... >.< feel bad cause when I enter it dies or no one is there o.<."

You mean that grudge that you keep bringing up? There you go again, trying to read between the lines. I already said why I was angry, so take it at face value. This isn't some diabolical scheme to usurp you or me just holding a petty grudge. Stop trying to justify it as such. Think that maybe, just maybe, that you are at fault? That what you think is a good owner isn't right? Why bother having a staff when you don't involve them? They don't do anything anyways, so at least the members will know that it's not their fault. Why expect them to communicate with you if you make it so hard?

Now let's translate the bullshit: "Oh yes, I'm going to stand in the shadows and watch the site grow. I desire absolute control over the site, yet will only be involved with it when somebody specifically comes to me and asks me, and even then I won't have to actually be on site half of the time. I'll say that I'm on the site every day and act like that's a big deal, even if I don't do anything at all. I could spend that time RPing or working on a site plot or something, but why bother? Eh. And then whenever somebody calls me out on not being active enough (because let's be honest, I'm not), I'll claim that they're going for a power grab and for some reason bring up the fact that my payment information is on the account even though it can be removed if anything happens."

Shirou
Shirou

Back to top Go down

Post by Belysa on August 7th 2014, 11:45 am

Remember a about a year ago when I told you this stand-offish type bullshit wasn't going to do anything except give people the impression that you don't care?
...it's giving people the impression you don't care.

Let's be honest.
You ain't doing shit.
You being the leader here and then not really doing anything to inspire energy and confidence with this "stand off approach?" It's like having a fucking Ferrari, and having it sit outside in the rain.

"But I have a Ferrari!"
Yeah, a Ferrari you almost never fucking drive, you don't wash, you do bare minimum maintenance on, and you don't even bother putting in a coconut-scented air-freshener to make people not gag when they try sitting in the passenger seat.

A WEBSITE GETS MOTIVATION FROM:

1:) Motivated, Determined, and Inventive members
...we're running low on that shit. Morale in general...is LOW. Nobody has confidence in a website that has felt like it's teetering over the edge of oblivion for the last three years Even AFTER this reset, people still sort of feel like we're on the edge of falling down.

THAT'S A PROBLEM.

2:) Staff at the VERY least...ACTING like they give a fuck.
Out of the six people that were your staff? Two of the six--TWO--were around. TWO of them are RPing. TWO! And I'm not even talking about right now either! IN GENERAL, you have NO ACTIVE STAFF.

You have NEITHER of those things! If a website has no motivation, it has nothing that will attract new members! If you have nothing to attract new members, you will lose activity! You will lose activity because RPing with the same people for a year gets TEDIOUS, ESPECIALLY when nothing gets done!
And if you have no activity, you SLOWLY RUN YOUR WEBSITE INTO THE GROUND.

....so exactly at WHAT POINT OF THE BOTTOMLESS PIT that you keep driving us into....are you going to wake up and realize that what you are currently doing IS NOT WORKING?

How is ANYBODY supposed to have ANY form of confidence in that?! Really!
Your staff complains that their work is tedious and draining. The fuck kind of shit is that? Is being a member of staff intended to have work? Sure. But it's not supposed to eat your fucking SOUL. You're supposed to be able to have FUN while you do that and THIS IS NOT FUN.
It's not fun for staff.
It's not fun for regular users.
It's not attractive to potential members.

You can tweak this system 104397650913745017309571034570913745096734095698156.5 times, but you are still not going to be able to save this thing by being a weenie and standing off in the sidelines, wringing your little hands while birds take a shit on your Ferrari. There's no leadership, there's no energy, there's no website.

You mentioned this has been brought up several times before.
.....Ever think that there's a REASON why it keeps being brought up?

We are asking you very reasonably...
Either PULL YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE SAND AND LEAD or STEP DOWN.

[Clickable]
Belysa
Belysa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum