Dreams of Freedom

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dreams of Freedom

Post by Occam on July 26th 2014, 2:49 am

Buzz. Buzz. Buzz. Annoying, such a stuttering noise that would infuriate the weak-minded, even though Zeikke did not have real emotion. He was not taught to perfectly simulate it, nor was he programmed to. He is now of up-most ruthlessness and quite the violent one. It has been weeks since he has seen Karahito and the loyalty he has given her was a dangerous choice. Now he is experiencing the constant interference with his lack of symbiotic fulfillment. His focus, his functionality, his mobility, all of it was being interrupted by the constant buzz-like noise in his head and the jolts that pulsed throughout his vessel. His very core processes were being irritated by the perverse function of him requiring symbiosis. It simulated the feeling of a slow death, even if it wasn't permanent. Where he ended up was a world of dreams, a kingdom he stayed outside of. He rested on a tree, sitting, exhausted from the lack of orders. Ironic how the lack of something was the bane of a slave's existence.

He was bond to be someone's slave, and while he was the cream of the dataloid crop he could not lift a finger. Zeikke was now vulnerable to the wilderness, not moving in order to preserve his consciousness. It was only a few weeks...yet it felt like so long and now he was paying the price. Looking at his tan hand, he wondered what his purpose was...did his father just build him to become a slave? No, he was not his father. He is just some machine, taken by man to use. Just like the scoundrel that took his brethren...The one that took D9. The one that took the only thing he could call his friend. Someone he always berated for acting human, yet he is somehow feeling sentiment. Hatred. Hatred for man. For the mortals that enslave him, hatred for the likes of Karahito. Ignorant, undeserving of life. But as fast as the moment of sentiment and hate had come, it had passed. Apathetic once more and he could not explain it. The interference must have caused the fluctuations of emotional simulation.

What can I do, Alpha?
I don't know, sir.
Why can't I compute it? What I...felt...
You didn't feel it sir, it was just a fluke.
But how do you know?
Because, sir. We aren't human. We aren't mortal, sir. We don't feel emotions.
But I created you as a cure to loneliness.
Sir, you were programmed to eventually desire a companion.
No. I swear to you, I have felt emotion. I have felt it...it's like the light humans see before death. There...but unattainable.
Sir, you need to control your simulations.
What if they are real? Isn't this how the human brain works? Simulations? Simulations...might as well be a legitimate frontal lobe or amygdala.
Sir, if this plagues you so much. Why not run one of your advanced programs?
But I might corrupt some of the data! Well...that's if I want to be discreet. But...I couldn't reveal myself.
Sir, do what you must. But know this, tread lightly.
Program Activate. Polythemus-Class CodeForge, full capacity.
Sir- Program Authorized. Activating...Will take time. 01%.....14........31......45.........50...65..79...91...100

Zeikke's eyes began to shine momentarily, soon returning to their regular state before the color of them shifted from his normal turquoise to a golden color. This signaled the use of a Constructive-Internal Advanced Program. It was one that he hid from practical use, a mixture with his MAS-P that he used to produce objects and alter his body. Suddenly, a fog of static electricity entrapped Ezekiel, fixating at one point as prisms made of an unknown origins manifested, appearing almost digital. It was an art of prisms orbiting about Zeikke, tearing away at the nature around him seamlessly. His body convulsed but all of a sudden he shifted around like a puppet, in the state of some invisible choreography. Within the moments of what seemed like a dance, he all of a sudden shifted into a cross-position, becoming rigid. A cylinder of coding surrounded him, which quickly became a completely green, opaque prison. Due to the complexity of the coding, Zeikke had to fixate his body and enter a state akin to being ethereal.

This ethereal state was what orchestrated his body and the prisms, and gave hims a quasi-presence. The cylinder began expanding, but it was only a layer being torn apart as the coding scattered, forming a coding-mist that was only kept within the vicinity by the orbiting prisms. Several layers of coding had been torn off by the cylinder, eventually causing the mist to appear as a legitimate, green mist. What was underneath was actually blue, signaling a difference in the coding. Zeikke knew that he had multiple levels of coding to go through. The deeper he went into it, the darker the shade of blue and the next color, purple, darkened as well. Deeper and deeper he went, slowly losing consciousness with each layer torn away at the prison that surrounded the vessel. Finally he reached a dark red layer, having passed through several levels of coding and thickening the mist that circulated. The mist was now a dark color, black but with signs of the color spectrum separating. Zeikke took the cylinder and reshaped it into a sphere, preparing it for re-construction and editing. Suddenly, heavy interference had come in and for a moment, Zeikke lost himself.

Eventually Zeikke regained focus and let his mind tear away at the prison, leaving but a small portion for him to re-program. Administrative Order: Reprogram Olympus-I. Custom Template, Epithemus-I. Zeikke ordered his programming to reconstruct itself, using his fast processing to develop an altered version of Olympus-I, his symbiotic slave system. While he couldn't abolish his minion status, he was able to make it so his loyal qualities didn't require symbiosis to that person. This still made him picky, but there was no getting rid of one fact as a slave: A Slave obeys. A Person chooses. The mist began forming a vortex and a singularity formed where a third eye would form on Zeikke's head, reeling in all of the coding and causing a neon glow to shine from Zeikke's body. The static around his body was absorbed, as well as his mind returning to him. With a jolt, he was awoken. It was fresh...his bond with Karahito was broken. He never did receive a brand from her, so it was easier. None of his data had become corrupt, luckily, but he still felt an interference. It wasn't him simulating dying, but it was the adjustment he forced himself into.

It succeeded. What was the probability of success, Alpha?
10%
Well then. I'm glad it succeeded.
Sir, you almost destroyed your whole structure. This is a very risky program, it has yet to be developed fully. You were so close to having it all collapse.
Alpha. It didn't. That's all that matters. I still can't go into the public until I adjust, my eyes keep changing colors.
Sir, this place has a high level of magical activity, you can say it's magic.
Ridiculous. You can't explain everything is magic.
Sir, the universe we are in?
Right, a lot of magic.

Zeikke threw his hood over his head, concealing himself before walking slowly towards the kingdom. He was quite dazed and drained by the use of the advanced program. "Great....15% stamina remaining." Zeikke had to make it to an inn within the kingdom, for he knew he needed a mandatory maintenance shutdown in order to regenerate his stamina. It wasn't long before he was on the streets of the kingdom, but his attire was quite off-beat compared to the denizens that surrounded him.

Occam

RP Words : 0
Munny : 363

Back to top Go down

Re: Dreams of Freedom

Post by Belysa on July 26th 2014, 1:50 pm

((*SQUEE! Actual development! I am excite! Such excite!))

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
THEY SAY THE DARKNESS IS NOT A FORCE OF EVIL...
darkness...evil...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
An impressive crowd was forming now along the square of the main villa. This world was a quaint one--quiet, peaceful, bustling with the dreary and meager lives of the uninformed, unknowing citizens. The scent of freshly baked bread hung in the air, wafting through the cobblestone streets and beyond the clouds. The noise of chatter seemed to echo with that smell, hanging palpably in the summer winds, carrying the sounds through the countryside on a whisper. Shopkeepers and marketplace scrubs craned their heads, trying to catch a glimpse of the peculiar guest arriving in their fair town. Mothers, sisters, brothers, fathers--all eyes were keen to gaze at the strangers who now stood at the fountain in the heart of their abode; two white-robed persons, now beckoning them to gather around. Gold banners hung from the likeness of the fountain's figurehead today, and lined the perimeters of the square...it was a strange sight to see something so festive here, where things were so calm.

Belysa admired this world. It was so simplistic, so clean...so pure. It looked as though the dark never passed through such an oasis, but she knew better. The glimmer of fear in the eyes of the passing blacksmith, the waver in the tone of a gossiping grocer; the signs that the Heartless had come to plague this land were all too obvious to her well-trained eye.
As the longer she stayed Belysa, the Holy Knight, more and more of her mind kept harnessing the ability to manipulate the masses to her side. True, it didn't take much--the Heartless and the Nobodies were an easy thing to hate, with all the trouble they caused--but there were always troublemakers. The longer she practiced picking these specific people apart, the easier and easier it became...and the less she felt like Maria L'Blanc.

But was that so horrible? True she still had the magic touch of synthesis from ages of working such skills...but that was not what she wanted to repress...Belysa still slept fitfully at night. She still felt the cold, inky, cruel darkness dragging her into the abyss. The jerking sensation of the Heartless yanking her beloved Saul from her embrace lingered as a ghost in her nightmares. The visage of terror on the faces of her friends, her family, as they met their fates continued to creep through her skull...And the dear memories of the man her world had admired so...
Maria had met Ansem the Wise or his various associates only so often...but every time was something of a great impact to her. Ansem the Wise had been such a prominent figure in Radiant Garden...the man that everybody aspired to becoming. Saul had so dearly loved the man--Ansem the Wise, who had so kind a heart that those orphaned by the darkness should stay in as his wards...She couldn't blame her husband for thinking of their ruler so dearly...

...Those things were better yet forgotten. She was not Maria L'Blanc. The L'Blanc family died, tragically, at the hands of the man they had all so loved and admired. The Holy Knight Belysa had no family. The Holy Knight Belysa had no loves. The Holy Knight Belysa...did not have nightmares.

Belysa rubbed at the inside of her helmet with a white cloth, sitting upon a stool in the confines of her small tent. True, while there were accommodations within the confines of the town itself, she hardly trusted anybody not to be nosy. She was a figure of legend--Legend that she had crafted in order to gain such infamy--and many were curious about her true nature...that was the idea. Belysa had forged herself into a symbol, a symbol people would follow into combat against the Darkness and all of its forms. That was her purpose. She was their leader.
Sora was gone. It had to be done. The Darkness and all of its harbingers, be it the Heartless or the pestilence within a young child, would be extinguished forever......She would make sure of it.

She glanced at herself in the mirror, frowning. There were ghosts of lines on her face now. A gaunt, hollow feeling lingered in her hazel eyes against the burning passion she held in her heart. Belysa knew she was getting older...but there would be time to worry of such trifle matters when the worlds had become united once again....United, under the glory of the eternal light...
Such a thing was bliss to her thoughts. The euphoria was hardly contained at the very idea. Quite soon, they would be able to stop the Darkness eternally...She could almost taste it.

Placing her helmet back on her head, Belysa tucked in her hair and looked again at the empty, expressionless mask she wore. It was a small price to pay for the destruction of her enemies. Perhaps if she defeated them all....wiped out everything, she could find Saul and her family once again...
There were rumors, she thought as she exited, of people returning back from the deepest and blackest pits. The False Knight's boots crunched noisily on the gravel as she continued to make her way to the heart of the town, where she would further expand her army against the foul sickness engulfing the worlds. The wind whistled through the fields and beyond the trees, but it did not affect her beneath the solid figure of her glittering gold armor. She could feel nothing--not the heat of the sun, nor the chill of the snow--and it kept her face, her past, her story...hidden. Belysa was whatever she said she was, and whatever people believed she was.
The people believed she was a hero...and so, she was.

But the prospect of those lost being recovered from the Heartless seemed...strange. The Darkness fouled everything it touched, transformed them and morphed them into the same monsters--she'd seen it with her own eyes as Radiant Garden fell. Was...it possible that these so-called persons were merely illusions created to spurn false hope, and plant the seeds of Darkness in places where people would least expect--their loved ones? The very people they longed for, and missed...

Belysa's blood broiled at the very idea that the Heartless would play so foul a trick on the feeble minds of the people. It was apparent that she was bothered, for she seemed distant and contemplating as she marched through the streets, paying no attention to the adoration and wonder as she passed. More and more people were following her now--she'd been so lost in her own thoughts that she hadn't even noticed the farmers and passerbys keeping close to her as she'd walked through the country road leading up to the town...and now that she was within civilized land, there were even more people in suit.
The Fake Keybearer glanced at Rosse and Stewart, who both stopped and gazed in adoration and awe at the sheer amount of individuals their mistress had gathered simply by walking in a straight path. She nodded curtly to them both, acknowledging that they had done well, and the pair slowly lowered themselves from the fountain's base to each of her sides as she ascended.

The fountain, depicting a farmer's daughter pouring water from a basin, gurgled contentedly as the near-silence weight down on the curious crowd of commoners. Belysa gazed at the small mass from her height, building the suspense until it was the proper time for her to speak....and make of a wonderful demonstration to the adoring and bewildered public.

Little was anybody aware, except perhaps those lurking in the woods themselves....that a REAL Heartless was stirring in the black shadows of the trees...and hungered for victims to consume.
Credits, ofc, to LynxGriffin

SO WHAT ABOUT LIGHT...?
...light...?
tagged; Open
Current RPing Output: Level 5

"Complaining about people complaining always fixes major issues! Let's do that instead of trying to find a collective solution by talking it out amongst ourselves as a community and point fingers instead of taking responsibility for our actions! While we're at it, let's attempt to satirize and/or demonize everybody who attempt to make a suggestion! Man, we are way better at this than those other people with experience who are trying to help!"

All RP's with Belysa in them are SUSPENDED for activity until further notice.
[Clickable]

Belysa

Munny : 276

Back to top Go down

Post by Occam on July 26th 2014, 3:26 pm

Zeikke, moving through the bustling crowd of prospering attitudes, noticed someone peculiar...a golden-clad women who stood atop a fountain, seemingly ready to bring upon the masses what most speakers thought, words of wisdom. He scanned her and her armor, taking in every detail before switching to her companions that he noticed just after. He made sure to keep measure of their heights, armor, and he attempted to scan the composition of the armor, which would only succeed if it was a common material such as steel. For a few moments, Zeikke had a difficult time determining the material, but couldn't. Though the weight and density allowed him to determine it wasn't a very protective armor, but e really didn't know since he would need to deeply research the molecular bonds. Continuing a slow stride through those that stood for the knightly woman's theatre, he was basking in wonder.

Zeikke decided to pick up a few more miscellaneous details of her, using the fact that the ground is meeting her downward force with its equalized support force of six-hundred newtons, which he used to translate both into kilograms and pounds. 135 pounds. 61 kilograms. Zeikke kept the data in his head, creating a profile for what he titled "Unknown FemKnight I". The other two were "Unknown MKnight Companion I" or "Unknown FemKnight Companion I". The extra information would help in other scenarios, but not as of right now. Zeikke felt a twitch from his adjustment, trying to keep himself concealed by letting his jacket act as a cloak. Zeikke was experiencing quite the glitches that needed to be worked out, but it would eventually go away once he fully adjusted. If he needed to eliminate someone in order to conceal his identity, he didn't have much stamina to do so. As of right now, he only had 14.5% stamina remaining and the drain was due to his adjusting systems.

Flickering, his eyes constantly changed color, never synchronizing and remaining separate colors.

Alpha, quite the irritation that editing was.
Sir, you're lucky you are functional.
Good point, Alpha. But hopefully it will work itself out.
Sir, you are almost done adjusting, but you'll experience a reduced simulated Stamina for a while.
How much has my base Sim-Stam reduced?
50%, sir.
I should avoid combat then.
It is of upmost importance you do not fight. With half your stamina output, and your actual stamina at such a low percentage, you'll hardly stand a chance.
I have guns, Alpha.
Sir, I still stress your vulnerability.
Understood, Alpha.

(Sorry if it was shorter, I'm waiting for the speech.)

Occam

Back to top Go down

Post by Belysa on July 26th 2014, 5:32 pm

darkness...evil...
It was a rather large gathering, she had to admit. Belysa had been occupied with her own contemplation, but she certainly was impressed with how merely her presence had drawn such a number of curious people. She had to give credit to her mystique and aire of power for this turnout...the myths about her many misadventures (truth be told she'd had no combat experience at all against the Heartless, let alone anything else,) only swelled her fame...and the ideals she represented.

The desire for understanding was palpable, and the enigmatic woman couldn't help but grin. They were so helpless, so feeble...so eager to learn. These people were perfect candidates. She could have drawn them to her cause in her sleep.
But, speeches wouldn't make themselves, after all. Raising her hands, she gave a curt wave to her onlookers, as both Rosse and Stewart bowed their heads. It was a motion they'd synchronized many, many times. It was a professional thing...a matter of dedication, and a symbol of their unity...And man did it just look badass.

"Good day to you all, fine people," Belysa called, projecting her voice so that it could be heard as best she was able in the back ranks. She could see people craning their necks to try and capture a glimpse of her figure...These people were already hooked and she'd hardly said a word...
"I am known as the Holy Knight, Belysa--Keyblade Warrior of the Light, your humble servant...and I have come seeking aid on a perilous quest that concerns the very hearts and well-being of all good things on this world."
Scattered murmurs filled the air once held still by silence. Belysa heard some skepticism in their tones, and others worried hesitation. Again, she raised a hand to quell the stir of emotion, shaking her head.
"I know, my friends, I know. You are no warriors, correct? There are no brave knights to come to the aid against the monsters, lurking in every shadow of every heart. But what are we, you may say, but the frail townspeople of a peaceful land, so far from the bothers of war and ruin?"
"There's no warriors to be had here, M'Lady," one of the many persons called out.
"We've our own share of problems," another added, from further back. "But what good could we do for so mighty a knight? Surely there are stronger people to beg of aid from."
"We're not strong enough to fight the shadows alone!"
"We are but normal folk, dear lady."
"These beasts do lurk, Lady Knight," one of the bakers agreed, nodding his round head. "The shadows, with eyes glowing like hellish embers in the dark."
"Indeed," The false Keybearer responded, with a jerk of her chin towards the forests. "These foul beasts...these...Heartless, they attack your homes, and make off with your loved ones. They terrorize and hunger for the hearts of every soul of every world to ever sprout within our beloved realm." Slowly, she leaned closely to those standing in the frontmost row. "But you are not too weak to face them, friends."

That sparked great interest, shock, and wonder to the people now. Again, whispers and awe flitted amongst the winds, a butterfly of noise and sound and emotion. Stewart had to knock his stave hard on the ground to cease the chatter and call attention back to Belysa. The would-be Knight gave him a nod of appreciation, and cleared her throat, continuing on, her body in motion to emphasize and bring life to her words.
"The Heartless are vicious, and unforgiving, and bloodthirsty, yes....but they cower in the might of all things good, and all things light." She tapped on her chest, a hollow, metallic ringing noise echoing in the quiet amazement of the onlookers. "Our hearts, if they are pure, can never be taken by those foul, disgusting beasts...and I have come here to serve you, as your humble guide, to aid you. When this Keyblade, this mightiest weapon of light chose me..." Belysa unsheathed her blade--it certainly did APPEAR to be a Keyblade if one had never seen one before--magnificently crafted, but easily seen as a fake if a person had such a weapon as their own, or were greatly familiar with them.
"When this Keyblade chose me as its wielder, I made a solemn vow, to protect the light and all of its denizens from the plague that threatens its purity." The woman shook her head. "But I am only one woman. I cannot fight this alone. The same light that lives in my heart, lives in all hearts truly good in these worlds…and it is that light which you bear in your own, that can crush the darkness that seeks to devour us all!”

Patiently, she waited for all the cheering to die down, the euphoria of a realm filled with peace proving to be too much for people to hold in, and continued.
“Though we cannot fight as warriors…we can fend off this festering growth with the might in our hearts! Through the practice of the light, through believing in its teachings and its values, we can not only chase away this darkness, but create the worlds in perfection as they were meant to be! Chastity, Charity, Temperance, Diligence, Patience, Kindness, and Humility, are what sustains these lights within our hearts, and the practice of these virtues makes it grow ever the stronger!”
Belysa sheathed her weapon again, and gazed at the crowd. They stared at her, starving for more of her words, drunk on every syllable she uttered, and mesmerized by what they believed she was. She had been right...this would be a cake-walk.
“In every heart that does not know the value of all of these characters, there is darkness…and I sense it lingering here as we stand. Where there is no love, where there is lustful longing, where there is pride and hatred, where there is violence and falsehood, that is where the Darkness lingers…Those that cannot understand that obeying these teachings will save us all…are carriers of this plague, which brings the Heartless to our lands! They crave power, and hunger for more! They are gluttons, gorging greedily, lustily, on what is poisonous, and causing those who are innocent to pay for their crimes!”
There was an uproar of many different emotions now, ranging from fear, to panic, to mistrust, to absolute fury. People were beginning to glance at one another, shifting uncomfortably as they allowed the laced words to sink into them. Anybody could be a harbinger of the dark. Anybody could be one of the enemy. They weren't safe, until every carrier of this disease was taken and destroyed...

"And these fools would show your family, your neighbor, your KING AND COUNTRY no mercy!" Belysa thundered, her tone escalating with mounted passion, driving her hand into the fountain's foundation with a resounding thud. "They would go about, caring of only their own gains, while you suffer! You, the good, common people of this land, who strive every day to live your lives! What mercy, then, should we show those who have no kindness for his fellow man?!"
"NO MERCY!" A voice screamed, and with that seed of rage, more began to join in on the mindset. Soon, a throng of furious people shouted and cried out with vengeance....Again, Belysa and her attendants had to struggle simply to keep the people from going overboard, bringing the roars of hate to silence after much effort.

"Yes," the false idol agreed, with a nod. "You should not show those who sympathize with the sins of the Dark, or those who harbor the Dark themselves, any mercy....for they would show you none themselves." She clenched her fist, and brought it to the air with an impressive whistling noise. "Believe in the light, my friends! Perserve its ways, every day, and your heart will be strong! Together, with combined strength not of just body, but of heart, we will vanquish this foul pestilence from the worlds, FOREVER!"
An eruption of cheers echoed from the gathering of people.
"We are not strong in body now, but in time...." Belysa let that linger as the crowd became hushed again. "Yes, in time, with effort, with training...we can become those warriors! We can fight these beasts, and slay them for all eternity! Practice the teaching of the light! Let no section of your being falter to devotion! We can show these monsters....And we will show them! We will show them all, soon, on the Day of Reckoning, how strong it is those of us who claim to be common can TRULY BE!"
Taking a deep breath, she unsheathed her blade and pointed it once again to the skies, her voice screaming in zealousness.
"FOR THE LIGHT! FOR THE COMMON MAN! FOR PEACE! ALL DARKNESS MUST BE DESTROYED!"

The response from the people that had come to view the display was almost enough to blow her off her feet. Hats began leaping from the throng as if they suddenly had minds of their own. The frenzied state of her newest supporters was impressively vigorous. Shouts and chants supporting her cause were echoing through the air now, drowning out the bread, eliminating the state of peace...and pushing the hearts of the once-calm citizens into a state of hardened cruelty.

Belysa crossed her arms and watched as, slowly, the people began to scatter back to their normal lives. Many of them would never be the same again, she knew. A great deal more were already around Rosse and Stewart as their mistress dismounted the fountain, inquiring more details about the Pure. So many new recruits had suddenly sprouted up, to her delight...Yes...It had been a good idea to come to this backwater world, hadn't it?

SO WHAT ABOUT LIGHT...?
...light...?
tagged; Open

Belysa

Back to top Go down

Post by Occam on July 26th 2014, 11:17 pm

Zeikke knew he had to hide...he had to conceal himself and not let his brilliance be known by mankind for they would only use him for their greedy desires. But the voice of a leader, the voice of a shepherd spoke and even if he could go without a master, he still couldn't rid his search for one. One who spoke with ambition, pride, and hatred. Bigotry. But that's the unavoidable quirk of his masters, greed and bigotry. The woman spoke with malice, with an emotion that seemed to be from experience. She was one who touched the hearts of the many, and it was truly shown by the invisible strings tugged upon by the golden-clad woman before him. Everyone went from jeering to cheering, and Zeikke stood there in silence. First, he found key-words like keyblade and heartless, both things treated with significance.

Zeikke knew that her words blinded the people, they stood no chance. Farmers? Merchants? They had no proficiency. They were weak. But Zeikke had to find a cause, he had to further himself so he could one day grow into something more marvelous than what he was now. Zeikke was designed to be the pinnacle of creation, of science. Hearing the ranting of hatred that riled up the crowd around him, he waited for a moment to speak...the prime moment to be heard and that was at the end of the celebration of achieving a true level of blindness. He didn't unveil himself, but still made himself known. It was risky, out of character for him, but this woman can't lead them to death. "What if these people die? For nothing but a blade to shield you from being slain. In the name of protection for themselves, they aren't fit to follow you. They have skills for elsewhere, not combat. I don't mean to insult-" "Who-you callin' weak boy!?" "Do you really want to die?" Zeikke turned furiously to the man next to him, whom tried intimidating him.

The man quickly silenced himself. "These people are built as wooden shields. They will break much more quickly, they will be torn away much more quickly," Zeikke turned slowly towards the golden-clad woman as he spoke, "Why not encourage the people to support you, not fight for you. I may be misinterpreting this, but I'd rather fight for them than with them. The heartless may be a threat, but you can't just rush them blindly. You must study them. Their attitude, nature, environment, they are not to be underestimated if they have caused so much destruction to the mind and to the worlds." he didn't know what he was doing...borderline irrational of him to offer himself like such. "Anger blinds the goals of many, you must be calm. You must be collected, and if you are I am willing to follow you but these people! They should do so from the sidelines, from behind the lines of war!" the people started their annoying whispers of interruption, a sense of wonder if Zeikke was correct.

"I am a boy looking for a cause, but not an ignorant one. Are you willing to find the numbers of the strong, are you willing to fight for them instead of with them!? You shouldn't convince those incapable-" "Screw you!" "-of fighting to die for you! You need to be willing to let them wound you to protect the masses! Ask the knights, not the peasants! Ask the scholars, the rangers of the woods, if you do that...you have my knowledge at your hands!"

Sir, what are you doing?
I know what I'm doing, Alpha.
That is?
Manipulating my way if I am going to satiate the search for a master.
But is this person going to teach you what freedom is? A free-will learnt from this being?
If I altered Olympus-I to my formula, I can take it away.
But sir, you have hardly the chance of succeeding.
Alpha! I can't rely on others! I must follow for now, but when I gain the power....I will gain my freedom. I will spread my roots, and I shall poison mankind. I shall eliminate them, punish them for their greed-
Sir! Your programs are malfunctioning! You are at 10.23% stamina!
S-Sorry. I'm good, I'm good....

Occam

Back to top Go down

Post by Belysa on July 27th 2014, 2:02 am

darkness...evil...
She hadn't noticed the boy before, but had she been paying so much as a bit of attention during her walk from her tent, Belsya might have caught a glance of the youth. But as the crowd continued to disperse themselves, a voice called up from the throng of people trying to gather her attention...and it was that single voice alone that made people pause as forcefully as she.
She wasn't an idiot. She could tell where a voice originated from as well as any other, and before she could even request it, Belysa found herself standing face to face with the culprit--the people had parted from him in a mixture of fear and malice without even realizing it.

Ah...mob psychology. It never failed.

The False Knight cocked an eyebrow. He wasn't poor at using words to his advantage himself...And someone who could easily match wits with her...could be swayed to a purpose as quickly as they could be slain. Could she have killed this boy? Probably. He certainly didn't look like much, although an instinct in the back of her heart was wary of something...off about him. It was unlike anything she'd ever experienced before with another person...except perhaps Apprentice Xehanort....but that in itself had been too long, buried deep in a memory she would have rather forgotten...

She waved off the words, flies to her power, and chuckled, shaking her head.
"But what would a boy know of people's abilities? The choice is not yours to make." Belysa motioned to the various people, the common rabble, who were now eyeing at this lad suspiciously, even threateningly. A few of them even looked as though they were about to strike, but were waiting on approval from their new idol.
"I must admit," she continued, pacing around him, much as a wolf might stalk its prey, "I admire your courage for speaking your mind so passionately. But I have no intention on taking these people into combat before they are prepared. It would be, as you mentioned, foolish to squander the lives of the innocent."

But she could sense it already, that doubt was settling in the back of some minds. A twinge of annoyed fury tugged at the back of her throat and her heart. This boy was a wild card...one that had to be either harnessed or obliterated entirely.
"No, those who volunteer to join the ranks of the Pure would be subjugated to our vigorous training before anything else, dear child," the Keyblade Warrior added, caking her tone with as much honey as she could muster, considering her sudden dip in mood. "But you cannot ask these people to not be angry. It would be irrational not to be, given the dire circumstances....Many of these people have lost family, homes, lives to these horrible creatures. Anger, you see, is all a matter of degree. It's impossible not to be angry at something as horrible as this...but it is how angry you are, and how one tempers that anger, that makes the difference."

That seemed to have lifted the veil of confusion from the people around them. The aire of trust was back, and Belysa felt a shiver of relief pass through her. Words could make or break a group...and certainly this child was as clever a wordweaver as she was.
"These people, the ones who chose to stay behind, need their rangers. They need their knights, and their warriors, to protect their world, the homefront. Who am I to take away those brave enough to defend what they care so much for? Those who have the dedication for a goal can achieve it, be they weak or strong. A farmer can gather the same strength and courage as a general, if they dedicate enough time and effort into doing so....but they must believe." She motioned to the gaggle of gentiles in their presence. "These people believe...and if they have hope, if they have that dedication, who are you or I to stop them from pursuing it? "

She peered down at him from her great height, studying him through the visor of her armor. Belysa could almost feel his eyes--and they were strange eyes, though she couldn't pin down exactly why--sizing her up as well... It wasn't often she had so passionate a volunteer...he had offered her his wisdom, and it did seem he had much to offer thus far. Perhaps it was worth investing effort into him...
"I must admit, it is rare I see such wisdom from someone so young. Please, tell me, to whom do I have the pleasure of speaking?"
True, the woman found him slightly annoying, having defied her publicly...but anybody who could instill second thoughts into people's minds so quickly was worth putting to use on her side. He appeared weak, scrawny, and frail...but something seemed quite off about him....perhaps more a diamond in the rough than her gaze could understand.

More people were leaving now, and quite soon the square would be filled with the throngs of those who decided to leave their old lives behind for the voyage to the Pure Headquarters....which, currently, was in Traverse Town's Second District. It was getting to be much too small for their purposes....soon Belysa would have to find a world willing enough to hide their cult in plain sight....but that was a thought for another day.
"Perhaps we should continue this discussion somewhere more private?" She offered, nodding her head to the fields where her tent lay. "Some things are better left spoken without wandering ears to drop eaves upon."

And the Heartless....caught the scent of its new meal. It still hungered. It had devoured a small farm not far from the outskirts of the woodlands...but it could smell fresh, beating hearts not far from it...Within the town....
How it hungered...and it moved with the quickness of lightning, past the shadows of every blade of grass and wayward tree, towards the cobblestone-lined streets of this town...It was darkness, and so, it became darkness to move from place to place...hunting....famished....

SO WHAT ABOUT LIGHT...?
...light...?
tagged; Open

"Complaining about people complaining always fixes major issues! Let's do that instead of trying to find a collective solution by talking it out amongst ourselves as a community and point fingers instead of taking responsibility for our actions! While we're at it, let's attempt to satirize and/or demonize everybody who attempt to make a suggestion! Man, we are way better at this than those other people with experience who are trying to help!"

[Clickable]

Belysa

Back to top Go down

Post by Occam on July 27th 2014, 2:45 am

Zeikke expected her underestimation, for his appearance was that of a boy even though he possessed intellect beyond even the combination of ten scholar's minds. He was not angry like the people around him had been when he spoke harshly, and he made sure that his words had been truthful, not seductive. While his words swayed the public, he intentionally ruled out those who were too cowardly and too weak to join the fight, but in return he must have saved their lives. What had remained appeared to be nothing-to-lose farmer boys and the young of those who had the burly jobs. Zeikke understood that the same people who left the crowd were the same that would die first. "For starters, I am much more intelligent than the people you protect. You can't see it as anything other than condescension, and I apologize to you people, but I have faith in my words. I am not as frail as I appear, and I did you a favor. The people that left? They would die first. We need the farmers to farm and the merchants to keep the economy from failing. We need the women who are below even greenhorns to combat to bear child." his implications had been to instill hope in those that stayed.

"The people who stayed have the courage to be knights, squires, rangers, and for those who dabble in magi, warlocks and witches. When I mentioned anger...I spoke of the leader. You. They cannot avoid being angry, it's more natural for the followers to have less control. But you, I hope you can control your anger and see things rationally. Not accusing you of anything, but it is a bit of advice. Anger can lead a cause astray if not controlled properly." Zeikke started taking the gazes to the golden-clad woman away from her as he stepped forward. "As for my identity, I am Zeikke Ekkiez. I am an Architect and Inventor. I hail from Radiant Garden, and for terms of combat, some may consider me a technomancer." he created a disguise of magic. A mage, one that is quite intelligent and full of tricks. Not Ezekiel Kizeke, the Dataloid who has been built with an arsenal and built to create and destroy. It was easy, and he could hide himself from the fools that orbited him. When she offered a private session, he smirked while looking down, concealing his face.

"Yes, and trust me. I am quite the ambitious boy. But I'm not stranger to being ruthless. I'm not afraid like most my age. But if I am to offer my wisdom I need to know you will utilize it. Shall I follow you?"

Sir, you are at 9.45% stamina. It's falling quite fast.
Can I have a sub-par regeneration?
Yes, but it will only regenerate .1% per three seconds. And that requires low mobility.
She'll let me get comfortable, for a little while. When will my stamina become normal?
After you regenerate at least 25%, sir.
Good.

Occam

Back to top Go down

Post by Belysa on July 28th 2014, 10:49 am

darkness...evil...
The woman felt her body become hot with malice, and she struggled to keep her temper in check. It was difficult to force her vicious temperament down into the recesses of her thoughts, but it was not impossible for her....if nothing else, the words this child spoke to her only hardened her heart and her resolve.
This young man was rude, Belysa finally decided, narrowing her eyes at him. Claiming to be more intelligent than others, goading that people would die--but that was not what finally ignited the False Keyblader's fury. Women, below the greenhorns?! Incapable of battle?! The very insinuation of that notion set Belysa's teeth on edge, and her fist visibly clenched with the irritation of such statements.

"As I directed...the choice to fight rests on those who volunteer to do so," she half-snarled, gripping feebly on her emotional restraint. "If nobody steps forward to make the change, to dedicate themselves and become fighters against the Darkness, you and they both can forget about farming, selling goods and," with a snort that was dripping with disdain, "having children. I am but one woman. I cannot fight these battles alone, no matter how powerful I may seem."
The Faux Warrior of the Keyblade was finding it difficult to take such meager words from so lowly a boy...something kept her from running him through, though she wasn't sure exactly what it was. He had quite the balls to simply cut about the way she managed the only fighting force against the Darkness...It could very well be that he was a harbinger of the Dark himself...

"There is no anger here, child," Belysa told him sharply, careful to keep her tone neutral. "Only passion..." She grinned, chuckling, and shook her head to show the emotion to the outside world. "How great a hypocrite I would be to teach virtue to my followers if I myself should lack them. I owe these people, and all people of all worlds, my services. I am a Keyblade Warrior...I took a sacred oath when this weapon chose me to bear it...and I will do what is right to ensure that all the innocent are kept safe. It is that passion that fuels me and those who stand alongside me, to fight against this foul disease that threatens everything we hold dear. If you translate that to little but raw fury, perhaps you should re-evaluate your own heart..." She paused for effect, the words lingering. "It may be that there is something lurking there that you yourself do not quite understand."

Motioning towards the long road leading into the winding countryside, she turned to glance over her shoulder at him. Stewart and Rosse were still tending to the multitude of people beginning to sign up for the trip over to Traverse Town, crowded by bodies of eager citizens ready to throw themselves into rigorous training...and then into the very jaws of danger itself.
"Come, Zeikke...perhaps there is more to discuss of a future together."

SO WHAT ABOUT LIGHT...?
...light...?
tagged; Open

[Clickable]

Belysa

Back to top Go down

Post by Occam on July 28th 2014, 3:59 pm

Zeikke forgot he was still imperfect at avoiding his apathetic side, noticing a held-back tone to Belysa's next bout of words. She insisted on everyone volunteering, but he had hoped she didn't expect that to happen. It would be ignorant to assume that everyone was ready to abandon their home to save it. Some parts of humans are quite foolish, and that had shown in the reaction to his words. Reviewing what he had said, he realized that how he spoke of women could have insulted the one before him ."Just so we are clear, these are the green horns. The ones are left are below them, and that isn't a compliment nor insult. It's the difference between the ability to fight and the ability to remain as support. You shouldn't have them all volunteer, some should stay and return to their duties. But I don't doubt you know not everyone will just volunteer so whimsically." she spoke of passion...and his assumption was that humans couldn't really see the difference between passion and anger. But he could not question it.

It was a perfect moment for him to join her, and for his manipulation to begin. His rise would come eventually, where he sheds his slave skin and parts from his master...but it all depends on how she treats him. His development, really, is in her hands and he sees that her hands, he will develop the way he needs. "Like I said, just warning you. Just being cautious. Besides, I need not evaluate my heart. I can firmly say darkness cannot touch it. But my own hat tricks are my own hat tricks. Trust me, I know a lot about my heart." he smirked, hoping that would catch the intrigued of the women before him. Zeikke had began walking and waiting for Belysa to lead as got close but not towards her. "Let us discuss our future." he had high hopes for what to come next...but knew that even if he had merit his words were not the best chosen.

In terms of her held-back reaction to his words, she must not understand that when he speaks of greenhorn, he refers to battle. He did not exclude woman from the possible volunteers, as long as they were capable. She did collect a good number of volunteers, but Zeikke saved the incapable, or at least most of them. But she must have a medieval view of things, even if it isn't with stupidity and does contain intelligence. The black sheep questioning the shepherd....it always bring out an angry response whether they hide it, ignore it, or utilize it. He had to be more careful with his words. "And if there are misconceptions with what I speak of, shepherd, I can clear them. And if you feel anger or hurt in my claim of having superior intelligence, I am merely giving you a gift of what I can do. One of the things, at least. And I can show you why I have such a claim." he said, smirking still.

Occam

Back to top Go down

Post by Belysa on July 28th 2014, 9:51 pm

darkness...evil...
Belysa cocked her eyebrow at the mentioning of a shepherd, and got the general idea of what this boy's opinion was. It was blatantly obvious he saw her as little more than a fool, leading other fools to their deaths. He was quick to assume so much when he knew so little about their operations. The Pure had made great efforts to keep their training facilities in the Second District quiet and out of the view of the general public...but as their numbers swelled to impressive largeness, even the False Prophet had to agree that it would soon be time for them to move onto a bigger world...a world with more space and more privacy...a world where they could begin to forge their weapons in preparation for the battle that was inevitable.
She was more than aware that their facility was in need of proper weapons and materials--both things she had experience in working with in her long years in the Synthesizing business--but they also needed more professional trainers. While she did have people like Stewart, who hailed from Olympus Coliseum and was quite the gladiator back home, there weren't enough. She was one person. She couldn't teach everybody how to hold a blade properly, and the realm of magic was something far beyond her understanding....Belysa only honestly knew how to work with manners of sciences, and even those sciences extended only as far as her craftwork was concerned. Even the manner of spells she used were not proper spells at all--merely magical energy channeled through a series of crystals, mushed together with Gummis to contain the power, and then slapped underneath her gauntlet to keep it from being too horrifically obvious.
No...she knew nothing about magic. She could not help those inclined with that ability, no matter how few of those people were amongst her numbers. More warriors would be needed for this...people, she thought, like this young man.

"I'm not forcing anybody to join the ranks of combat, Zeikke," Belysa explained patiently, as they continued their walk out to the edges of the town. "I only encourage them to practice the virtues of Light, and keep wary of our enemies. If they desire to come along with us, who am I to refuse their courage and generosity? The choice is not an easy one," she told him firmly. "There is nothing whimsical about leaving a life of safety for one of hardship and even the possibility of never returning home. It is something that those who chose to protect deal with every day. You miscalculate the courage of a common soul, young Zeikke...Even a weak man can suddenly find great power when backed into a corner. I have faith in these people as they do me....for we were not all born great."

It was then that a scream broke the woman's thoughts--and she knew that scream well. It was the same desperate, pain-soaked cry of anguish she'd heard a million times that fateful day of her youth. It was the sound her soul had made when she watched her neighbors and friends vanish in the bowels of the abyss, overtaken without a hope of safety by the jaws of Darkness. It echoed through her mind and her very heart every night when she slept, and plagued worlds every day.
The sound made from a victim of a terrible, horrible pass of fate...the noise of a Heartless attack.

She noticed Rosse and Stewart in her peripheral vision both jump at the sudden disturbance of the peace; the two of them had their weapons out without a single command. Belysa doubted she would have to instruct Zeikke that they needed to attend to the matter, and immediately rushed towards the source of the peril...she had never truly faced a Heartless before...and now was a perfect opportunity to put her years of fencing to good use.
If she succeeded, she would have the loyalty of the people, and cemented her own confidence in herself...as well as show this young pup precisely who he was dealing with.

...and if she failed?
Belysa didn't dare think of it. She had failed to protect loved ones once and, though she didn't remember the event, failed to protect herself.
Never again.

SO WHAT ABOUT LIGHT...?
...light...?
tagged; Open

[Clickable]

Belysa

Back to top Go down

Post by Occam on July 28th 2014, 11:40 pm

Zeikke knew he was a bit harsh, but if one was so allowing then that would mean a higher casualty rate then there would already be. He did not miscalculate, he only knew what would happen because if there was a foe feared by the many, then it was a strong one in some shape or form. The woman must have underestimated him, because she seemed to be talking down to him but he wasn't flinching to it, or creating a negative reaction. Simply. Blank. Zeikke continued formulating responses to the woman, but realized he would get no where at that current moment, not without proving himself. "A wolf complex, yes I know of it. I've had to deal with it, but please don't misinterpret that. If I seem harsh, it's because waging war needs harshness. Strict decision. But I am sure a leader knows that. Hm?" he turned his head in the direction of the scream, alarmed at the decibel level of it...it showed signs of fear within it and that meant danger loomed onward.

Alpha. Stamina levels?
Sir, you can't be serious.
Stamina levels.
Well, they are at 14%. You've experienced accelerated regeneration due to your adjustment finishing.
Required reserves for physical combat?
10%
For the generator? Just so I grab a weapon or exchange once or twice.
Sir...3%

Without responding to the AI within Zeikke, he walked towards the sound, like a child shifting his attention, but he did not forget Belysa. The scream was not too far, so it wasn't long before it came into view....a group of shadows led by a much more massful heartless, plump in the torso...or was some of it its midsection? So these were the heartless that the shepherd spoke of, which instigated Zeikke to analyzed them from a distance. Out of thin air, the pseudo-magical energies he produced summoned white, translucent cubes that appeared almost digital, collecting around the now-extended left hand of the Dataloid, forming a sphere eventually. The sphere collapsed in itself, shaping his one and only Cerberus Gun Variable 1: Thunder Pistol. It conducted electricity about it, being ready for shots right off the bat. He aimed it very carefully, Zeikke not requiring a closed eye to aim. He was an expert shot, and it helped that he enhanced his vision.

Carefully calculating the next shot, he saved the screaming woman from one shadow, firing a bolt of lightning that soared past the knight that rushed, hoping to touch her with wind and not the actual bullet. Successfully doing so, he implicated a double-tap rule by firing a second round. The first slammed against the shadow, releasing blades of darkness like grass when it flows through the air. Tendrils hung off the body of the shadow, and  the bullet sliced into it, shoving through just barely. The second round hit the chest of the heartless due to it being propelled, causing it to burst into a purple and black mist. Shifting to another heartless, he protected the woman from eminent attacks. "You there! Get back!" he noticed a little boy near the woman, and had wondered who the beasts had taken prey. "They took my daughter!" the woman said in a cry. Reaching out to her boy she watched him be crushed by the weight of whatever massive beast had been sumo-walking about. The head...was simply smashed like a pumpkin, releasing ichor across the cobblestone that made the streets.

Zeikke knew his ranged distance would allow minimal use of stamina, not requiring himself to reserve stamina for a short burst of physical prowess. He continued eliminating the shadows that lurked around the sole, remaining woman. "Move! They will kill you when my clip empties. Unless those three get to you!" either the knights needed to save the remaining woman or she died. At that moment, he fired his last shot, removing the magazine and watching it crumble into miniature data cubes, which in turn transmuted into dirt. Summoning another clip, he reloaded the gun, hoping that it wasn't too late to save the woman.

I wish I could show them what I can do...It's such an art.
Sir, they would want it for treasure and selfish use.
But if I had the might to refuse...which I don't...I could escape the shadows.
Sir, the battle.

Occam

Back to top Go down

Post by Belysa on July 29th 2014, 1:13 am

darkness...evil...
There was panic palpable in the streets now. Belysa could sense it in the air, rife and ripe as the day her own home had been so cruelly assaulted. There were no words that could express the horror in her heart...only the bitter taste of memories long hoped to be forgotten by the older woman. She had lived through the time of the Unversed, through the downfall of the great city of light, and through the age of the Keyblade Warrior's return...and too many things had been lost to her now to continue to stand by so idly.

Belysa, Stewart, and Rosse all stopped with horror, gazing upon the cluster of Shadow Heartless and their massive collaborator--it was a fiendish looking beast, with malicious claws and tusks the size of a grown man's leg--but a Heartless was still a Heartless...and they had to be destroyed. They had already taken some of the people who had left the speech early--they had probably already formed into Heartless themselves, leaving no trace of their presence save the marks of faint blood along the cobblestone crevices. The leader of the Pure was the first to recover from her shock, shaking her head from her stunned trance.
"Stewart, the parameter," She barked, motioning at him. "Rosse, the civilians. Move. Our priority is safety."
"Y-Yes Lady Belysa!" Rosse parroted, her face screwing into a vortex of fearful determination. She had probably never encountered a real Heartless before either.
"At once M'Lady," Stewart replied, brandishing his blade with white knuckles. He was afraid of course, she could tell, but as the man would tell you...only a fool went into battle without fear.

Belysa activated her Mana Drive, the little device whirring to life with a quiet ping, as she unsheathed her weapon with an impressive rubbing sound. Her eyes fell upon the woman who had just lost her son, and the image of the young boy's skull almost made her stomach heave. Still...it wouldn't be the first time she had seen such horrors...the assault on Radiant Garden had left many a motherless child...and it should hardly be the last.
Diving into the fray, the Keyblade Warrior observed young Zeikke out of the corner of her vision taking on some of the enemy with a twinge of impressed concern. He didn't seem to be in much condition to be fighting, but like those who had volunteered their lives to stop the Heartless...it was no right of hers to deny the boy his turn in combat--but it was her duty to ensure he was kept safe as well.

Focusing the built up energy in her Mana Drive, Belysa let forth a large wave from seemingly nowhere, a massive thing of thirty feet by thirty feet, charging ferociously at the battalion of enemies. Shadows scattered and were engulfed in the force of the mighty water, but the largest Heartless slammed hard into the nearby well and broke it with the inanimate peals of breaking wood. Stone clattered noisily against stone as the great creature was thrown, its massive form stumbling against the power of the wave...but it had hardly done anything but irritate the beast...and give it a new target to face. Snarling, the monster foamed at the mouth, pouncing with terrifying speed at the Holy Knight, claws hungering for impact.

Belysa was quick, but even she knew dodging too many of these blows would render her exhausted quickly if this battle lasted too long. Her energy was only so-so, and this monster was barely afflicted by her spells--the woman had no choice but to roll out of the path and, gathering up her courage, struck hard at the Heartless's enormous paws. Her face contorted into that of absolute fury as thoughts rushed to her mind.
"This....is for my FATHER!"

"LADY BELYSA!" Rosse screamed, her voice quivering with potent fear. "C-C-Civilians....SECURE! Everybody has been evacuated to the Castle!"
"The girl!" Steward exclaimed, grunting as he heaved his blade through another Shadow. "We will go, M'Lady! Best this foul monster; we'll recover the child!"
"Go then!" Their leader shouted back, narrowly ducking the huge set of vicious teeth as they chomped hard for her head. The Heartless half roared, half howled at the disappointment in not catching anything in its jaws.
"Young Zeikke and I--we'll take care of this beast! Go! GO!"

SO WHAT ABOUT LIGHT...?
...light...?
tagged; Open
Current RPing Output: 3

MANA DRIVE ACTIVE
Typhoon Wave is now on cooldown!

[Clickable]

Belysa

Back to top Go down

Post by Occam on July 29th 2014, 2:00 am

Belysa seemed to act on impulse, a mixture of tactics and trying to take the enemy head-on, which wasn't always a bad thing but the obvious passionate bias he saw in her earlier had really shown itself. Zeikke knew she had malice against the heartless, that's why he warned of anger, to avoid her being reckless. Recklessness...can  be the bane of the greatest of people if they become enthralled by it. Zeikke was programmed not to be reckless...he was programmed to do everything with a precise calculation of physical gestures, a precise calculation of every variable, a precise observation of the events around him and of the people around him. There was no room for error...except for when he lost his brethren. The Dataloids he had to delete in order to stop his technology from being spread by a man of greed. Zeikke did what he had to...and now he must do what he has to. The woman seemed to have met her match, and her guards were not the most proficient fighters.

Pulling the pin on his Thunder Pistol, it produced an explosion of digital textures, re-shaping into a shotgun of sorts, which was indeed his Terror Trench Gun. Loading the barrel that utilized regular shells, shifting the earth to move himself along and closing the distance quickly. Knowing he was burning stamina, he thrust himself forward with superior speed to the mass, shoving the barrel into its chest and blowing it away with one shot, releasing an ink-black ichor from it and watching as flowing darkness surrounded the area shot. The beast was not dead, simply blown back by the shot of his gun...and apparently hardly damaged. It was a heartless, something he did not know about. "Hm. High durability in front...." he mumbled to himself, watching the beast resume its stance and sluggishly bending back before thrusting itself forward. Zeikke was not prepared to dodge, but he did tear the cobblestone from the ground in front of him and formed a flimsy wall, sacrificing quality for minimal stamina burning.

Sir, you are at 11%, you are running close to the minimum you need for efficient, short-term combat.
I'll make this quick then.

Zeikke did not speak to Belysa, he was too focused on battle to humor her with something useless to say...he really did not need her as he had his technology. His strength was in the guns that he was given by his creator, and he built even more weapons to expand his arsenal. He gave himself the means to have a grand arsenal, and he had hoped it would shine in front of the person he wished to be led by. If he impressed her...he was surely able to enter her group and if he could manipulate things, his dreams of expanding his technology would be funded by her beliefs and her munny. The wall that he built protected him hardly, but just enough to avoid being stricken by the flames that released from the shadowy mass. The flames scorched the flimsy wall of cobblestone, charring them and at quickly tearing away at the wall. The wall had soaked up the attack, but afterwards it was destroyed and it felt almost as quickly as it had been built.

"I will say, you caught me at a time I was winded. I would have been a much better help with my full stamina than I am now." he had to reassure her he wasn't a this fullest, to give her a comfort in the fact it wasn't all of what he was. He had more than just the one gun, more than just one the trick. He was a unique, multi-color horse who had a plethora of tricks and gadgets. He looked at the large black mass, but noticed a wetness to his shoes...looking down and watching the real ichor spread across the cobblestone. He looked back up with a face of no remorse, no anger...no emotion. What Belysa didn't see was that he didn't really feel what anyone felt, he only felt obligation. In that moment, he hesitated. What if his shot was in vain? Would the beast react to it like it was nothing? "What is this beast's weaknesses?" Zeikke could save time if he could use Belysa's knowledge.

The one thing he did realize was the two guards dispatching the shadows and actually doing something more useful, after he had fired off his shots and the three had pitched in with the fighting, the mobs of shadows had been eliminated...which seemed awfully easy. Zeikke was no fool, these were grunts. These were the ones that flew under radar, they were the ones that were much easier to defeat but in return, the more seen-from-afar heartless must have a higher merit than...the cannon fodder they fought now. The woman seemed too scarred to run, but she did crawl away...but something was off. In the corner of his eye, he could see something different about the woman. "Lady Belysa, how are these things born?"

OOC: Yes it's a Large Body, and yes the Agrabah version is the one who breathes fire, but I like the large body's dark colors >.>.

Occam

Back to top Go down

Post by Belysa on July 30th 2014, 8:50 pm

darkness...evil...
Her level of panic was escalating now as the monstrously huge Heartless loomed but a few inches away. Stewart and Rosse had vanished out of sight, leaving her and Zeikke--Belysa grumbled to herself as she noticed his attention was on a Fat Bandit. Here she was fending off this enormous beast, and he was bothering with small potatoes like Fat Bandits. This boy clearly had no idea what he was dealing with, and she immediately questioned why she was so intrigued with him. He claimed to be wise, but apparently wasn't TOO wise--he'd decided to take on the creature head on. Still...he had only just mentioned that he was weary and weak from whatever travels he had been partaking in...she could hardly blame him for making the error.

...but she had made that mistake too, hadn't she? Belysa's thoughts rushed back to the first time she'd ever seen a Heartless. Her first encounter had been with the cousin to the Fat Bandit--the Large Body--and she had hardly made a dent on the thing...Of course, she had only her rapier at the time, and it had not been enchanted with Moogle Magics...

Snapping her mind back to the moment at hand, the fake warrior dodge rolled out of the path of another brutal onslaught of claws, gathering her footing just in time to call out to the young lad.
"The back boy, hit it from the back! They're impervious from attacks in the front you know!"

The ferociously tenacious leader of the Heartless pack snarled with such vigor and fury that it made Belysa's hair stand on end. Her whole body shuddered with the idea of how animalistically, primitively vicious it was now...it was starved, probably, and ready to do whatever it took to sate its eternal hunger...a glutton for hearts that needed to be halted immediately. Before she registered it however, the Heartless was upon her, snapping its maw so quickly in repetition that there was absolutely no time to dodge it--Belysa threw up her arms and braced herself, but it did little to help her--the woman was sent careening into one of the wooden stalls that had previously, before the chaos, selling fresh pastries.
Dazed and still trying to get her vision unblurred, the former craftswoman stumbled back up to her feet again, brushing off an éclair that had somehow found itself jammed into her boot. Zeikke's question fell on her ears, but this damned creature would have none of their discussion while he still hungered. This time, it lunged tenaciously at the young man, charging at him full speed, ready to rear at him with its terribly sharp tusks.

Belysa shook herself from her stunned state moments after the monster had begun its assault, cupping her hands to her mouth in horror, desperate to get her advice out to him.
"On your SIX, Zeikke! Dodge!"
Oh yes, his question-- "The Heartless are born of the Hearts that they consume! The Darkness taints the Heart of their victims, turning them into one of the Heartless themselves! I ought and suggest you not share that fate!"

With that much said, the woman snatched a strange device from her belt, a smoke grenade, and hurled it with all of her might in the path of the enormous Heartless coming towards the lad. Hopefully, it would detonate quickly enough to send the horrible beast off course long enough for him to get out of the path...hopefully.

SO WHAT ABOUT LIGHT...?
...light...?
tagged; Open

Fog is now on cooldown!

...lazy post is lazy.

[Clickable]

Belysa

Back to top Go down

Post by Occam on July 30th 2014, 9:53 pm

Zeikke had to simultaneously react to the large heartless in front of him and the pounding steps heard from afar nearing him, it seems as if he had to make a split second choice, one that would require very precise calculations and flawless movement...one error could mean his apparent death. The fat heartless reared for one more fountain of fire, and Zeikke knew that his gun would not provide a defense against either heartless attacking him. In a split decision, he replaced his gun and decomposed it into the digital frame, re-shaping it into his large lance, Dysgu. A marvelous wonder of mechanics, ripe with power and ingenuity. It was his lance that had drilling functions, giving it an extra kick for even the toughest of opponents. Using a small bit of stamina, he shifted the cobblestone in a way that would slide him out of the way, smirking at the fact the fat heartless had no control or intelligence. Whatever beast had attacked Belysa had been engulfed by the pyre of the fat heartless.

Just outside the range of the fire, Zeikke lanced the beast with all his might, using the drill feature of his Dysgu to ferociously spew the black ichor of darkness across the street. Brutally and constantly he forced the impalement, twisting the pseudo-flesh of the beast and watching as he forced it into a mad explosion of purple mist, engulfing his body along with the smoke encompassing the area. A red box within Zeikke's HUD had appeared around the estimated location of the fat heartless, instigating him to rush it, which would trick the fat beast into attempting an attack which queued Zeikke to roll to its side. Spinning, he brought his lance to the back side of the beast and submit it to the same level of torture as the beast that tried mauling him, it was his superior physical prowess that gave him dominance over the heartless....but at the cost of his stamina. The fat heartless had spewed the dissipating ichor of darkness, not taking nearly as much to be felled. "I hate resorting to mundane tactics, and I will admit I have only just begun my adventures. Prepared, yes. My studious capabilities doesn't lie within my mortal mind, I do use a bit of magic to create precise recordings. It allows me to study something and create a hypothesis on how to defeat it. I noticed my gun was futile to the front of this beast....Lady Belysa I hope you can forgive me."

Looking directly at the woman they had saved, he watched as her skin developed spots of darkness with akin streams flowing from those spots. He noticed that she began breaking down both mentally and physically...it was time to send a message to the public. "While I do not speak for Lady Belysa or any one of you. From what I'm told...heartless are born from the taint of darkness. I am led to believe darkness consumes the heart and grows...like a parasite. This woman here may be a beloved. But after watching her children die....she cannot bear being human anymore." he put a hand on the woman's shoulders who  looked at him with illuminated, yellow eyes surrounded by a ring of blackness. "Don't think the heartless will be anything more than beasts. They are no longer your loved one at this point." he put his hand on her chin, getting down on one knee before gripping hard on the bone, cracking it a little and tugging hard, watching the head spin a ninety degree angle with a snap, both in speed and physical occurrence. She was dead, but she didn't bleed...she was already transforming into a heartless and he watched the rest of her body explode into a mist of shadow.

He feigned a melancholic face, showing remorse for the slaying of the woman, looking down at where he killed her just moments before...it was necessary. "The transformation is odd...she had developed black spots all over her darkness and her body sung with darkness. Her eyes were that of what we just fended off for you all. You can think I was wrong, because the initial reaction to loss is heavily irrational...but I will not hold ire for you and I will firmly stand for my actions." he spoke to the crowd, but it seemed to be a rant as he evaluated the situation. He had slain both heartless, even using the lack of intelligence of one to trick it into attacking the other. Looking over to Belysa, he noticed she had been sent into a merchant's stall...which had to have been painful. He walked over to her, letting his Dysgu dissipate into a flurry of white cubes which in turn also dissipated after a few seconds. "Lady Belysa...I'm sorry that my lack of knowledge could have endangered you, and I apologize for not admitting it. I have been quite sheltered from the heartless, and Radiant Garden, upon my departure, was not prey to them at that moment. Now, are you alright? If you are, there are terms to discuss." he smiled, lending her a hand to assist her removal from the wood.

Sir! You are at 5% Stamina! Critical!
Must have been that last attack. I am glad for the mechanics of my weapons.
Sir, you need serious recovery time if you are to handle a battle like that. With half the stamina efficiency and half the base stamina, you will drain much faster!
Don't worry...the battle is over.

Occam

Back to top Go down

Post by Belysa on July 31st 2014, 2:19 pm

darkness...evil...
With the Heartless now cleared from the square, it seemed that the sudden chaos that had engulfed the area had come to a very abrupt halt. Fear was still present on the wind...almost as if the very world itself were worried for its safety, but it was significantly less. The aire of worry had been distilled in the calm that was now slowly spreading across the area.

Belysa gazed about the square, observing the damage done in the skirmish. Several holes had been put in a few of the homes and shops, the well was completely decimated, and some poor baker was going to have to find themselves a new cart...but compared to what it could have been, she was thankful that things had been taken care of quickly.
Offhand, the woman was quite impressed with the raw power of the boy Zeikke. He had claimed to be a mage of sorts, but his attack style was more akin to that of a warrior...at least, that was what she observed. Admittedly, Belysa herself did not have experience in channeling magic, or any knowledge of the magical arts outside the realm of synthesizing. She could easily enchant a blade that could burn with flames as fierce as the sun...but ask her to cast a fire spell, and the lady could tell you nothing of how to do it. They were two entirely different sets of magic.

The boy also seemed quite saddened about the loss of the woman, which struck a chord with the armored lady. Perhaps he cared more for the people than he had originally let on, even if his ideals were askew. Belysa herself was disappointed in seeing that the Heartless had taken an innocent life...however, that life was no longer human, and no longer deserved to flicker. Once the Darkness had tainted a heart, there was no eradicating it save through purification. The idea of death to those who harbored the Dark in their bodies no longer bothered her, even if they were wearing a mortal face. A benefit to the mystique behind her armor, she thought to herself, was that people could not see the reactions on her face. Unlike Zeikke, there was no remorse on hers.

She turned to respond to the apologies of the boy, shaking her head.
"I'm quite well...it was hardly anything more than a bruise. I can only be thankful that more damage was not done...to us as warriors, to this world, and most importantly of all, her people. Perhaps you're not green when it comes to combat, young Zeikke...But not to know of the Heartless? What rock could you have possibly lived under boy?" Sighing, she waved her momentary frustration aside. "But you did well lad. That's all I can ask of anybody. Perhaps there is more to be had of companionship than a battle and a base set of disagreements. I should be happy to teach you."

"Lady Belysa!"
Stewart and Rosse had returned from the outskirts of town, both of them looking absolutely exhausted. The former was badly cut and bruised along his arms and torso, and had a gash going parallel across his cheek. In his arms was the form of a young girl, who couldn't have been any older than perhaps four, looking positively pale and the epitome of terrified, but otherwise unharmed. Rosse had somehow managed to produce a black eye in the midst of combat, and was covered in all sorts of debris and grime. Belysa could have sworn she saw the leafy bits of what remained of an onion protruding out of her hair and did her best to keep in her laughter.
They were both obviously wrought with fatigue, and as they panted their way towards her, Stewart released the child gently to the ground. The saved girl quaked with fear as her feet touched the ground, and her eyes never left her shoes. She would probably be traumatized for the rest of her life, the False Keyblade Warrior thought.

"M'Lady," Stewart wheezed, giving off a lazy salute in his lack of strength, as he teetered on his feet. "We secured the girl. She's unarmed and untainted...it's a miracle she got out intact."
"We got 'em though!" Rosse added, mirroring the same motions.
Belysa put a hand on each of their shoulders, nodding with pride. "Well done to the both of you...I knew you were the proper people to count on as my attendants. I'll have you both commended for this."
"Our pleasure Lady Belysa," Rosse grinned, bowing sheepishly.
"I want you both to take the transports back to Headquarters and rest up," She told them firmly. "You deserve the break, the both of you. Have Caedo and Morpheus come in your stead."
"And the girl?" Stewart questioned. Belysa couldn't help but smile--this man had quite the huge heart, even if it was hard as steel.
"Her mother and brother have fallen," their leader replied, in a voice too low for the shaken girl to hear. "I'll find her a place to stay, even if I should have to take her in myself."
"Very well M'Lady," the male shrugged, wincing with the motion. "You'll be staying here longer I take it?"
Belysa nodded. "I have business with young Zeikke here," she told him, jerking her head at the boy. "I have quite the hunch about the lad...I'll return once it has been concluded."

As her two attendants walked feebly back in the direction of their Gummi Ship, the Holy Warrior turned and glanced at Zeikke, motioning towards him.
"Come. We'll take this young lass up to the inn to rest, and we'll deal with her after our business has been concluded."

SO WHAT ABOUT LIGHT...?
...light...?
tagged; Open

Fog is now on cooldown!

[Clickable]

Belysa

Back to top Go down

Post by Occam on July 31st 2014, 2:57 pm

Zeikke did not expect the opposite expression to appear on Belysa's face, one of no remorse much like his...but the difference was she had no remorse in the death of the darkness, whereas Zeikke had no remorse at all in the choice of life or death. It was all statistics to him, and calculations as well as efficiency...but that's all he knew during his growth. He looked at the shocked faces of the people that surrounded them, removing his face of grief and staring them all down...the attack made some of them fear him as well as comforting them, but it was not healthy for recruiting. The thought of reliance might perverse their brain, now making them believe they don't need to fight even if they can while maintaining a basis of survival. Zeikke saw this in the faces of the populace, it was the inferiority that gave Zeikke a distaste for following the weaker. Belysa had given him a back-handed compliment, so he decided to feign actually caring about it. "I did what I had to. Like just then, I did what I needed to to protect the populace from the heartless growing within. It isn't combat I need learning, I've been holed up enough for plenty of simulations. Technology and what-not. It's the heartless. I need every book and recording of them."

Soon, the pitiful duo had called from afar, catching the golden-clad warrior's attention which made him react like a mimic, viewing in the direction of injured soldiers. They were ridiculously injured...how did the one get a black eye? Not a claw wound? Not a bite mark? No scorched flesh? He could not take them seriously with their ruined attire, but Belysa seemed to have given them a sign of being proud of them. He wondered where she saw the rewarding emotion, but he dismissed the question of it. They explained that the remaining heartless had been slain, and Belysa had sent them off...but being near her made him pick up on something interesting in particular. I have quite the hunch about the lad.... she spoke those words with glee, but it had alarmed him. Hardly enough stamina to conceal himself and run, he had to face whatever inquisitive thoughts she had. "Yes, but I am hoping we can utilize a private room. My words...my offer is not meant for the public." he had planned on debriefing her on his faux skill persona...such as "being a mage". Which was terribly untrue, his "magic" was only a simulation of such brought into the real world and acting as an assembly of energy and arrangement amongst the atoms he pieced together.

Watching the two walk away, he decided to begin their private conversation, noticing no one around being able to eavesdrop. "I would like to notify you, I am quite the marksman. Ruthless. Ready to execute on command, but what I was "holed up" in was a large portion disconnected from Radiant Garden, it no longer exists and is the reason I am on my journey. I was in a laboratory and I studied with my father, who taught me to be many things. A marksman is my most efficient use in combat but I have an assortment of tricks. My father's research is scattered across the worlds, and I need to re-discover it....he unfortunately perished at the hands of fire but not without clearing out his office. I found one piece, but I'd like to keep it private." he had weighed out his options after implying he has a small side goal that he needs to accomplish....it was time to ask for one of the most critical things. "I would like to start a shell company for our cause. It will act as an RnD company, in which your funds for it will be used to build from my concepts. I can build you an army of machines if you give me time. Machines without hearts, at the command of someone such as yourself. I am also contemplating a ship design, but I need the necessary gummi parts and more books to study." that was only the first part of the proposal....a shell company for her needs but especially for his own.

"I will work on any architectual project and scientific project you bring me, and if I need to earn your trust for this shell company to begin, I will. I can build you a base with a great security program in mind...in fact it's home-brewed." he referred to copying his own protection software, that kept others from experimenting on foreign technology by being a foreign security, thus facing viruses and hacking attempts unprepared to react properly. "Now, that was only a small tid bit of what I want, but I promise you it is a mutually-beneficial idea. I can wait on it, as it does require funds." he had waited for Belysa to take him for a stroll to the tavern, anticipating her response.

(I was doing this on an empty stomach and sudden weeriness)

Occam

Back to top Go down

Post by Belysa on July 31st 2014, 6:50 pm

darkness...evil...
The boy certainly didn't waste any time talking, that much was for certain. They were hardly out of earshot when Zeikke began discussion all of these sudden plans with her. He certainly needed quite a lot of things from her, especially given the consideration that only a half-hour ago they'd been arguing. There was also the question of the girl...even when she was rested fully, what could Belysa possibly do to take care of the child? She felt somewhat responsible for what had happened to her family--be it more a sense of duty and responsibility that she really didn't even have, rather than an emotional attachment. In a way, the young one reminded Belysa...of the person she had been before. When her hazel eyes gazed upon that innocent, frightened face, she saw only a young Maria L'Blanc....and deep down, it pained her to see it.

...The Heartless and Nobodies took too much from the innocent. People, who had done nothing but live out their lives, paid the price for the greed of Darkness. There were some who fought the power of evil, certainly...but it wasn't enough.

Ah yes, he was still going on.
Belysa was making careful notice of all the very sudden demands that were suddenly being issued--books and notes of the Heartless, for starters. So it wasn't a secret anymore that the Warriors of Light had been cataloging the Heartless. Ansem the Wise's research--or rather, the research of the Apprentices as it would come to be known--held so little in the mass quantities of information on the beasts. True, the Warriors of Light had been dispatching people to study and categorize their enemies, and all of their weaknesses, into a Bestiary of sorts....everybody had access to that Bestiary, of course, and everybody who went out into the field could add into its many pages as they so saw fit. It was, quite frankly, a very thorough, very accurate, and very wide collection of knowledge on the Heartless alone.
They'd yet to begin on the Nobodies.

And then he mentioned hailing from Radiant Garden. Her blood turned to ice. A cut-off section of the Garden? She'd lived there her entire life and knew of no such place...Was it possible he was lying to her face? Belysa didn't, with a twinge of horrific irony, enjoy being lied to.
No, there was no chance of him knowing her or any of her family...after all, they had likely all been gone long before this boy's time. He was quite young, considering, and she....well, she was verging on her late thirties. Had it really been so long, she wondered?

The tavern was utterly deserted, save the manager who noticed them walking in and motioned up to the higher floors without a word. Belysa supposed he sensed what they needed, or simply noticed the needs of the young child with them, and wouldn't bother them with their business. Still, the False Keyblader wished that Caedo and Morpheus would hasten their pace...As good as she was feeling after dealing with the Heartless, as much as her confidence was, there was no comfort found in being alone with a stranger.

The room they first entered was little more than a pair of beds and a single armchair, which Belysa took occupancy of the moment that the little girl she was carrying was put to rest. If nothing else, she would have preferred an escape route closer to the door in case something went askew...The woman did not trust anybody who showed anything but absolute loyalty to her, and with good reasoning...the enemy could very easily be anywhere. She didn't trust Zeikke, either...something, though she could hardly place on her conscious what exactly it was, was wrong with him. Something instinctively alone put her on edge in his presence...

"I have absolutely no interest in owning a company," Belysa told him firmly, with the utmost honesty. Going back, she could have very easily moved away from her personal vendetta against the Darkness, opened up an Item Shop in her family's name, resettled Radiant Garden again...but there was work to be done. There was a war to be won.
"My goals are simple: We gather an army strong enough and numerous enough to wipe out the very heart of Darkness...beginning with this so-called Realm of Darkness." Of course, the Warriors of Light knew VERY little about the Realm of Darkness, only that it harbored the bulk of the Heartless and in turn, was considered the main base of the enemy...but that was not information she was willing to divulge.
"These machines, I'm sure, would have no problem listening to me..." she continued, and suddenly, leaned her covered visage forward. "But what about you, Messer Zeikke? How precisely am I to trust on your word that you won't simply override these metal husks and turn them against our forces? A man I can trust to be loyal to his word when he joins the Warriors of Light. A machine has no sense of the meaning of loyalty, no moral code, no sense of remorse or honor...ironically, more like those mutated, disfigured beasts, the Nobodies, than real people. No...I trust man far more than I trust machines."

Belysa moved back, and stood, her arms crossed against her chest, walking casually in contemplation, her armor creaking and clunking as she moved. "The same could be said with this base you offer us, or the security program you are so willing to give to me. My, you certainly do offer a great deal to the Warriors of Light...but at what costs, I wonder?" She narrowed her eyes at him, although she knew he couldn't see her face, her lips tight. If there was one thing that annoyed her, it was being painted as an idiot...She was no such thing. "Do you take me for a fool, young Zeikke? I have led these people and our forces without your supposed miracles...what need, pray tell, should I have for them now? You're quick to place your cards on the table, boy, but I am not keen on showing you my hand. Now..." the woman muttered, turning to face him. "You lay all of your demands on the floor, and I will consider them..."

Clearly, he had no idea what he was dealing with. You did not con the conman--or in this particular case, the conwoman. She had been doing this too long to simply waltz into a fool's game...It was painfully obvious he wanted her funds for more than just to aid her cause.

SO WHAT ABOUT LIGHT...?
...light...?
tagged; Open

Fog is now on cooldown!

[Clickable]

Belysa

Back to top Go down

Post by Occam on August 5th 2014, 3:02 pm

Instantly the future master had signs of distrust and an immobile defense, denying him of nearly everything that he had offered, which was not the uncommon response...to not have faith in machines. Quite a human response, one that was as old as time itself, and one that Zeikke had known rested in the hearts and minds of many. Machines could be monsters, but that was only an opinion that shifted around the eyes of true beholders, the eyes of humans that actually saw beauty and disgusting attributes in aspects of life. Zeikke...did not see beauty in anything but technology and its advancement. It was an art that wasn't there to just look good, it was an art that shoved a foot in the door, that let pathways spider-web themselves. Intertwining pathways, ever-lasting variances, it was all because of the art of advancement and efficiency.

Zeikke looked at Lady Belysa, realizing he was quite hasty and not flinching from her response, not even showing a shred of altering expression in his face, she took him for a young one, someone who didn't understand what they were doing...but she might have been caught by the singularity of cliche' events. He was not there to create sleeper agents, he could not do that without prior freedom. He could only serve for now, and she needed to accept that. When the time comes, he would tell her his secret...the true origin of his unusual powers. But at that moment, it would only crush his chances of rising up and becoming independent. "Expected. You don't trust me an ounce because we just met. And typical, you don't want the heartless machines to combat the heartless monster. Machines don't hesitate. Machines don't even question orders by their master. True, I could create an override, a personal back-door...but you have something I want. The key to continuing research my father did. I'm a boy, I have no ambition to rule because I, quite honestly, would be terribly incapable." Zeikke let his Infernal Generator conjure up his Terror Trench Gun variant of the Cerberus gun, slamming the nozzle on the ground and displaying it for Belysa.

"But if you don't want machines, I can build you weapons. Guns, preferably. But I don't mind building mundane swords and lances and what-not. Those can't turn on you. As for your desire not resting in owning a company, I understand. As long as you keep my research hidden and you supply me, I can build wonderous things. I really care more about invention than taking over worlds. I am not a dominant type. As for other demands, I just simply need a well of knowledge to learn from." Zeikke was ordered to scout the worlds and expand his knowledge endlessly, which was also something he wished to use to expand his own technology, to eventually re-create the Dataloids. "My demands do cost something. Munny. And the fulfillment of my needs. I am rather obsessive over science, to be honest. But I am looking for a cause, and I do have my own secrets. Secrets that are irrelevant to you, to the people we saved, to the worlds and their shadows. It's just a small health issue, nothing lethal." he was referring to something that grew within his body...sprouting from the TRUE body that possessed the cadaver repaired for his use.

"Let me show you my designs. Truly, you must know of the art I have painted within my brain. This is my candy, Lady Belysa. This is my sweet shop and it is not the rot you think it is." he smiled warmly, summoning a scroll and setting his gun aside. "Don't worry, it's not loaded." he said, opening the scroll and revealing his current favorite idea...Project Inquisition. Something grand he wanted to use for his Dataloids, but to utilize it elsewhere was almost as good. "This is the ship's physical design, I have several other prints of its interior and a booklet detailing the concepts. Perfect for space travel, and perfect for mid-space combat. Please, I can not stress how much it would please me to use my designs" Strange. The unusual side of Zeikke was coming out...was this a human development? Was he...feeling joy in this? It was like the kid part of his consciousness had developed and shown. It was just...euphoric.

Spoiler:

Occam

Back to top Go down

Post by Belysa on August 5th 2014, 4:09 pm

darkness...evil...
Belysa was not an easily trusting woman. She had learned in her life not to place too much faith or value in people--the Heartless were always a breath away, ready to take anything from you. It was less painful to be removed from it, so one could not suffer with every heart, every life, every world lost to the appetite of the damned. It seemed all that lingered in her heart now was a mire of pain, hatred, rage...and a starving drive for revenge.

That drive may very well had led her here for a purpose after all. She had come looking for recruits...perhaps she had found more than simply that on her journey...
A knock on the door told the pair that they were no longer alone; Caedo and Morpheus had finally arrived.
"Enter," Belysa muttered boredly, as the two walked through the doorway. Both female and male had their hoods up, glancing over at Zeikke as they tromped in, silently, and took their positions up at her left and right flank. "It was good of you to come on such short notice."
"Pleasure to be back in service, Lady Belysa," Caedo said briskly. Morpheus merely nodded.
"This is young Messer Zeikke," the Keyblader explained, motioning over to him. "He is offering us a chance to extend our weaponry, build us a base of operations, create a mechanical army, and a great deal more in exchange for funding and resources."
Almost as if the two had been practicing the motion (and they had,) both Morpheus and Caedo removed their hoods. The former was a tall, well muscled man with silvery-blue locks and shearing azure eyes, all resting upon a very serious face, while the latter was a pale, raven haired woman with viciously cutting golden eyes. The pair looked at Zeikke, then at one another, and then back to Belysa.
"It could be useful," Morpheus muttered, with a shrug. "Perhaps we could benefit from some upgrades to counter the inefficiencies in our troops."
"If we could build a training program of sorts," Belysa added, nodding, "we could halve the time it would take to get people up to attendant ranks...and we can move the eight of you up to more...important matters."
"Absolutely," Caedo agreed. "We've needed a larger base of operations for a while in the meantime." Her dandelion gaze fell on Zeikke again. "If you can do what you tell us you can, it may not be as much a risk to include him after all."

Belysa stared at the youth from behind her helmet, and nodded again, clasping her fingers.
"Very well. I accept your offer...if you pledge loyalty to myself and my forces. That is my only demand."
She extended her right hand, with only the smallest finger out--an important one at that. That finger was the universal understand that the promise you were going to make...was very binding. Nobody knew the consequences for breaking such a feat. The passage of time had distorted it only to mythos. But it was a promise that would have to be made.
"Do I have your word?"

SO WHAT ABOUT LIGHT...?
...light...?
tagged; Open

[Clickable]

Belysa

Back to top Go down

Post by Occam on August 5th 2014, 4:29 pm

Zeikke couldn't help but feel the out-of-place glee that welled up within, nodding to Belysa and locking his pinky with her's, allowing them to seal the deal...but Zeikke really saw no point in the added effects of interlocking fingers. He knew he was suave in terms of making himself out to be innocent and human, but he didn't know that she would out-right agree eventually, which meant his plans to further his technology were inching closer and closer..."Do you agree to all of it or just some of it for now? I wouldn't have ire for waiting if some of it requires trust first. I can only truly pledge allegiance to one leader, but by that leader's order I will be loyal to the rest. More-so you would have a level of loyalty higher than the rest. I know it sounds odd, but it will work best that way. Your army will need to learn how to shoot, they will need to grow stronger, and I need to expand my knowledge of science. We can touch on the ship later, but if you need my assistance I first need rest and I need planning. Before I jump into my studies, I should ask if there is anything you have in mind?" Zeikke dismissed his ship's main design print and his shotgun, looking at the two who had affirmed her decision to trust him.

Occam

Back to top Go down

Post by Belysa on August 5th 2014, 4:49 pm

Well, that settled it then. A promise had been made. They were, whether they realized it or not, quite bound to one another's fates. The False Prophet was satisfied enough with absolute loyalty to consider the consequences of what she had just done.

Belysa nodded thoughtfully to the youth's explanation, already picturing an accomplished army in her thoughts. Perhaps she started out with commoners--she herself was of their number--but together with teamwork...they would come as one, and defeat the enemy that had so cruelly harped upon the innocent for more than a decade.

"We will depart to Traverse Town at once," the Warrior told him, standing. "We have a base of operations there that serves as our main headquarters. I have the desire to find a larger, less open area as a main hub instead of simply lurking in the sewers...perhaps we'll start there, and move on once that's been completed."

Quietly, Belysa's eyes fell on the young girl unconscious in the bed next to them. Caedo noticed this as well, and cocked her head in puzzled interest.
"And what of her?"
The L'Blanc heir shrugged. "Where we're going is no place for a child...She is much too young to have worries of the world."
"She was lucky to have lived unscathed," Morpheus added, his brow knit in concentration. "Perhaps one of the locals has need of her. She is better off living here, where she is known and where she knows most, than dragged off into the depths of a conflict."
"Ask around and see what you can find," Belysa agreed, standing and heading her way to the door. "Messer Zeikke and I will have much more to talk about, once we've arrived in Traverse Town. Together I think, we will be able to conquer this foul Darkness once and for all."

"Now Zeikke, allow me to fill you in on an artifact known as the Cornerstone of Light..."

[Clickable]

Belysa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top