Rough Richard, Soft Cat [Open]

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Rough Richard, Soft Cat [Open]

Post by Etzolix on July 27th 2014, 2:27 am

She answered, revealing that she was primarily self taught, learning through experience and trial, opposed to the methodology that came with a tutor. Even then, her form was pretty great, even if her tactics were a bit stale. She could use some innovation, because other than the wall, she really just out-skilled him in combat, opposed to outthought him. Then again, they were both handicapped by not trying to kill each other, so. Considering how fierce she was, he was likely spared because of the limitation.

As he joined her on the ledge, he gave a small compliment, before she spoke. "Impressive." Helena continued, asking him of his origins, after revealing a bit of her own previously. She seemed to be native to this world? Either that or she spent a lot of time here. Her suit could've fooled him, and did for awhile. He didn't know she actually belonged here. Even her outfit now seemed out of place, but perhaps it came from adventuring elsewhere.

"I'm a space baby. Born on a Gummi Ship, raised across the worlds with my nomad parents. It's pretty sweet, but I've never really had a place to call home," He said, " -- not that I need one." He defended, not wanting to give the wrong impression. He loved adventuring and he wasn't lonely, nor searching for a place to settle down in really. "Normally, one of the nomads picks up a potential mate and shows them the worlds and then they either return home or stay adventuring. Those who stay together typically have kids. It's not a new thing, so two nomads meting each other and hooking up isn't that rare. I'm not inbred or anything." He said, joking around. It'd be pretty weird to reveal the info without clarification that his parents weren't siblings or something. It's an easy enough assumption.

As he kind of realized what he said, he nervously covered himself up. "Uh, I'm not trying to abduct you or make you my mate or anything, we also just travel around and make friends. That's how my parents met my tutor who gave me this wand finger." He said, really quickly, and rapidly showing his wand finger while laughing nervously. Wow, awkward. Smooth. He really wasn't as good at social interaction as he thought, but he was still just a kid really.

Etzolix

RP Words : 0
Munny : 2126

Back to top Go down

Post by Helena on July 29th 2014, 3:29 am

As Milo joined Helena on the ledge the girl listened intently. He definitely had an interesting background to which she kind of expected with not only his magic but also his cheeky demeanor. A nomad child with no particular home, it made her wonder if he had made other friends along the way. The boy continued to talk about how nomads would 'pick up' a potential mate and how 'hooking up' isn't that rare. The whole time he said this Helena's head turned to face him with one eyebrow raised and a mocking smile on her as she waited for him to realize what he had just said to her. The girl herself didn't even quite understand what he was saying but from her perspective it was that they should 'hook up', travel the universe together and that his parents weren't incest.

As it came to be he realized what he had said, the girl letting out a small chuckle despite the big laugh she wanted to let out as Milo quickly covered himself. However, the chuckle would surely let him know it didn't go un-noticed. As the subject changed quickly to the wand finger he showed her she observed it, it seemed a little inconvenient but also convenient in other ways, like, he never had to summon his wand or hold it like any other mage would, but doing index finger things could be difficult.. like.. uh, typing, and stuff. Being a traveler one would think Helena wasn't surprised by much, truth was however she hadn't traveled much and this did weird her out just a little, but she also thought it was kind of cool.

"Your parents sound pretty awesome." The girl laughed, "That finger is pretty... different, but it's cool, seemed to work for you in combat."

Helena gave a smile as she paused for a moment. She thought about what he had said before without it sounding like anything dodgy or weird. The idea of traveling again appealed to her a lot, even more so not having to do it alone. Being aware of the dangers out there it could even be smart to go with Milo, she didn't exactly have a working gummi ship at the moment either. Though the subject had changed, the girl was ready to jump back to the one beforehand.

"So, maybe you and I could travel together for awhile? Just as friends?"

She asked, she didn't want to seem too forward with the matter as it may not have been what he was suggesting. Plus, he might not have trusted her enough for this, same for her except, if he had the chance to kill her he would have when he had the chance, vice versa as well she thought.

Helena

Munny : 125

Back to top Go down

Post by Etzolix on July 29th 2014, 9:29 am

Milo had tried to divert from the topic, but Helena brought it back up. However, she did seem to understand that his mistake was a mistake, and not him being a manipulative force meant to coerce a woman into human trafficking. Not that that's happened before or anything...it's just a thought. A relief, really. And, to be honest, he was unsure of the prospect of adventuring with her.

Not that there was wrong with her or anything, or that he was mistrusting, but he never really traveled with someone his own age before, which made him kind of nervous. But, hey, that's what life was all about wasn't it? Jumping into the vast nervousness and anxiety that made us human, confronting our fears, entering the labyrinth of insecurity and coming out the other side a more developed, and well-rounded, individual.

So, yeah, he'd be scared for a bit. Especially, since he didn't know how life would change with her around, but that wouldn't stop him. Helena seemed cool. Not to mention, she could definitely hold her own weight. Honestly, Milo might be the one slowing her down. The gypsy wasn't competitive, but he would probably try a lot harder to make sure to not get left behind.

He realized he hesitated a bit, since he briefly lost in thought, but responded, "And to think we were rushing things before." He instantly realized what he said, and his face showed it through its surprise. Oh shit. He wanted to avoid that topic and wanted to say yes. Seriously, just a simple yes could've sufficed. Now he came off as a dick. "Er, I mean, yeah. Of course. As friends. It'll be fun." He said, before kind of settling down, exhaling once and saying, "I have this thing where I have a really bad filter in my head. And when I'm nervous, I try to project humor into the situation. As you can see...it's not really effective?" He apologized, wanting to give her the heads up.

He didn't want to make the amazon feel awkward. Nor did he want to give the impression of the whole mate thing, since that was something he'd rather avoid. He even dodged the talk with his parents. Sure, she was pretty (and her eyebrow game was ridiculous, like what), but platonic was good. Very good. Milo needed to ensure that she understood what his odd comments were about; an extension of his nervous energies, not supposed arch-type dynamic between two sexes.

Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Helena on July 30th 2014, 4:08 am

Milo's responses were very off form today, once again the girl gave a disapproving stare at his first reply followed by a small sigh. Just as before he seemed to have realized what he said and appeared to be quite flustered, Helena thought he didn't really think before he said anything. Moving on however he agreed to the cause in a bit of an awkward manner, which worried the girl a little. It definitely would be fun and cool but his jokes.. what even. Though, he apologized, explaining that he just acted like this because he was nervous. Helena let out a small chuckle, it made sense now, also it was just funny and a little cute that he'd be nervous.

"That's cute." The girl chuckled with a cheeky smile. "Anyway, traveling should be cool, it's been awhile since I've left Olympus."

Said Helena, her tone returning to a calm state as she changed the subject away from Milo's social awkwardness? or well, nervousness. Truth was, she wasn't the most experienced traveler having only been to about four or five different worlds just to end up back at her home world. She didn't even have a gummi ship at this point in time, she had just spent her time training and gathering items to get ready, at the time she didn't know what for, but it seemed that it was for this moment. Just then the girl remembered somethin- someone very important that had to come along.

"I hope you don't mind, but there's someone that has to come with us if I go.."

She asked with the tiniest bit of nervousness, she was very excited to finally travel again but she couldn't go without her favourite companion, plus she couldn't think of anywhere for him to stay either. Sitting there she awaited Milo's response, she supposed it all depended on how they'd react together but Milo seemed friendly enough for Mortis to get along with.

Helena

Back to top Go down

Post by Etzolix on July 30th 2014, 4:29 am

She seemed at least mildly approving, understanding the situation, and letting it be, even if she wasn't necessarily comfortable with it. If she was, she didn't come off as such, which was a relief to him. Damn, man. Puberty's tough. Always making things more complicated than when he was a kid and didn't have to worry about the context that other people would project onto him.

Helena explained having someone come along. He was definitely hoping it wasn't an older brother of some sort, because while they were protective, they were a lot less wise than the father counterparts. Milo didn't want to have to deal with getting beat up by someone who thought he was trying to do things that he definitely wasn't. Especially if it was her older brother. If her family was like her...they'd probably be monstrously strong. A younger sibling would be fine though. They were cool. He was great with kids.

"Yeah, sure. Let's go meet 'em?" He said, hopping off the ledge, getting ready to introduce himself to whomever she wanted to bring along. Eh, it would likely be someone he would get along with. After all, she was cool. Really cool. So, why wouldn't her friends be that way? He was probably stressing about nothing, which he learned never helped. The featherfoot would let go of this anxiety, and just ease on by from this point forward. Or at least he'd try.

Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Helena on July 30th 2014, 5:32 am

Helena smiled, her new friend seemed more than happy to meet her old one and let him come along. Jumping off the ledge just after Milo she still had a grin on her face. All in all she was excited, firstly for the two to meet and secondly to see her companions reaction to Milo. The girl pulled her gloves off and placed them in her back pocket and shook her hands about a little.

"It's okay, he'll come to us."

She said before placing two fingers just pass her lips to let out a loud, high-pitched whistle that echoed around the arena more than Helena had intended it to. Letting her hand fall down to her side the girl looked up and around to see where Mortis would come from, she had told him to stay close which he did, he was very obedient. Just then the wolf like creature came running from the opposite side of the arena as the two. However he was flying, the running thing had something to do with his magic capabilities, apparently it helped with his speed. Helena wasn't too sure how it worked herself, he was a gift from her parents a long time ago after all.

His charcoal fur was gorgeous and long in itself, with the addition of longer red fur patches around his neck and small splashes of cyan patches here and there. The creature ran with joy and speed of a dog that was chasing after a toy, except heading straight for Helena, his tongue hanging out his open mouth revealing his large canines. Getting closer to the ground the creature showed no intention of slowing down, however as he touched ground just in front of Helena he came to a complete stop to which the girl ran up to him and scratched his neck, Mortis looking very relaxed and happy releasing a yawn with a small yelpy thing that was cute. It was here one would be able to see how strong Helena could form a friendly and caring relationship even with her condescending attitude. The girl then turned to Milo so Mortis could see him.

"We have a new friend. Mortis, this is Milo. Milo, this is Mortis."

She introduced the two as humans, though it was obvious that the creature was like a pet to Helena, even though he generally hunted for his own food and what not, the girl was there to care for him as he grew up, naturally he became attached and wouldn't leave her alone. A part of that was also being protective, just one stare and the pet's stance changed to an aggressive one as he let out a low growl. The fur along his spine spiked up making his feathers rise up too, the antennae thingies whipped up and into a defensive state. Not the reaction Helena was expecting, like, what was wrong with Milo that Mortis suspected?

"Oh... Sorry he's not normally like this.." The amazon turned to Mortis snappily. "Hey, be nice, he's a friend.."

Just then the girl clicked, she had a few bruises here and there so it seemed her pet would have assumed that he was a danger to Helena, which he could be but it was just a spar. Typically from here on Mortis wouldn't like Milo all too much, but being obedient he would do as he was told. He slumped into a seated position, obviously not pleased by what he had to do at the time, his fur fell down a little along with his antennae and he stopped growling. She turned back to Milo.

"Maybe come pat him or something.. I'm sure he'll get use to you. He just thinks you're trouble because of the spar we just had.. I think."

Helena

Back to top Go down

Post by Etzolix on July 31st 2014, 8:20 am

Helena explained how her friend would come to them. And he did. Despite the fact that Milo was typically good with animals, this one seemed to be hostile towards him, which was surprising. As a nomadic and typically peaceful person, the featherfoot thought that the animal would be able to sense his intent, but that wasn't the case. Then again, it wasn't rare for the traveler to be incorrect.

Admittedly, the revelation of the spar leaving bruises shouldn't have been as crucial as it was. Duh, the canine was protective, as most pets were. Why would he trust someone that had harmed his owner? Then again, if she was the type to fight a lot then wouldn't he be used to this? Wouldn't he be able to tell that it she was willing to endure for training and whatnot? Maybe this was why she didn't have a lot of other friends to introduce to him. To be fair though, he didn't have any friends traveling with him until now, so.

Some animals were more emotional though, not to mention they didn't inherently have the intelligence that other creatures did, such humans. The magic the creature displayed was misleading, as he believed it meant that he was on par with their intellect in terms of social communication, but it seemed more in tune with it's emotional and mythical side, which was fine in its own right. After all, even some humans weren't able to be efficient socially, so. There were so many types of intelligence that you couldn't discredit a living being for not having an affinity for it all.

Milo had stayed on the ledge, while Helena jumped off. And when she offered for him to pet the beast, he declined, "Er, No, thanks. I like my hand without gaping flesh woun--" Before he could finish, he was interrupted by a large, seven foot pillar crashing into the center of the coliseum. He jumped over to it, using his air manipulation to bound across the distance in a single leap. The emerald pillar seemed to be magical, so he wouldn't go about touching it with his normal hands, but his wand finger, which would likely be able to endure any harmful organic or magical substances, opposed to the rest of his body.

There was a shock, which caused him to pull his finger away, making only brief contact with the pillar. He looked over to his company with the question on his face. What was this? How'd it get here? Was this normal? Etc. etc. He had only really dealt with the cuisine of the world, not the coliseum, considering his adventures never really were about fighting nor condoning the violent nature of the coliseum, since his parents were a lot more pacifist than he was. For all he know, this was a normal occurrence.

Unfortunately, he wouldn't be able to speak or hear their reaction to this pillar, as another came dangerously close to them, crash landing into the ground. The force of impact likely would've sent them in Milo's direction at a high velocity, but not enough for them to reach him. If they were coming right towards them, he would try to catch them or something. But he wouldn't be able to make it in time if he was chasing them. After all, two more came down at equal distances from the other two, until, finally, the fifth came in the center of them all, with a man inside.

The pillars broke off, each breaking into two pieces. Half went underground and the others went in the air, making there a total of 8 half pillars, acting as the corners to whatever imaginary box they were in. But this box wan't so imaginary. As the fifth pillars broke apart, sending shards in various directions, some close, some far, a rather large, purple armored man appeared. The shards he sent wouldn't deal too much damage, but that didn't seem to be the point of the display. When he escaped the pillar, the rest seemed to create a thin veil of magic that connected the 8 pieces, creating a thin, violet box.

The Mauve Marauder || Level 5

Strength || 8
Constitution || 4
M. Affinity || 10  
M. Resistance || 4
Dexterity || 4
Speed || 4
Stamina || 8

As The Marauder looked around, the gypsy's face revealed an amalgam of emotion; fear, confusion, more fear, more confusion. It wasn't an amalgam of much okay. It just had a lot of the same ingredients, honestly.

With heavy footsteps, The Marauder made sure to face them both, without leaving his back to any side of the group, which was lucky considering their position, despite the distance between them. In a friendly, but gruff voice, he demanded, "Give me the mutt." His long, heavy sword was in hand, but he seemed to have great control over it. Milo was sure he wouldn't be able to wield anything like that as efficiently as the villain seemed to. Despite this scare tactic, Milo was always one to project his nervousness with an attitude that remained detrimental to his experience.

"No?" The featherfoot replied, with almost no confidence. Even then, with no backbone to support him, his snark carried the comment far, allowing The Marauder to take him just seriously enough to consider him opposition. Quickly, he kicked up one of the chunks that hadn't gone too far. With the flat side of his blade, he knocked it at an angle towards the wall Milo would be facing, which confused the adolescent, but only briefly. After all, it's hard to be confused when you get knocked out from a large, emerald chunk somehow hitting the back of your head.

He fell to the ground, leaving the other two to deal with the menace by themselves, which was unfortunate. No one likes to be caught off guard. And no one likes to not know they were caught off guard, but when he eventually woke up, he'd realize what would happen. That is, if he ever woke up. The Marauder might end up killing the pair for whatever reason he wanted the dog, but the motives were still unclear. The armored warrior turned to the other two now, not caring for the fallen opponent. "The Mutt. Now." He once again demanded, not being a man of words, but one of action.

The Marauder would await her reply, allowing her and the dog the opportunity to surrender. It had already been shown that even a little resistance would prove futile, since he would not allow any interference with whatever mission he had been given. The opportunity would be brief, for if she decided to try to speak, opposed to simply surrendering the creature over, she to would have to confront warrior in a physical manner. He wasn't one to make a game out of his work.

Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Helena on August 6th 2014, 3:10 am

As Milo was interrupted by the pillars dropping down the canine returned to a defensive stance, releasing a low growl. It was clear that something - or someone dangerous was going to come. The creature's ears picked up in a flash as it heard another pillar coming, this time it was very close to the two. Helena heard it too and began to leap away, to which the canine was already ahead of her. The girl quickly grabbed on to Mortis' long, and thick fur as she hurled herself onto his back. As more pillars came crashing down the two reached Milo in time to see the last pillar come crashing down with a man inside it. Helena jumped off her beloved's pet's back to stand next to Milo as the stranger came out. The man who stepped out was incredibly intimidating, he was massive and even more, his sword was like, damn huge and the fact he seemed to wield it without any effort was even more intimidating. Helena had never seen him before, but just judging by his appearance he was either from the Underworld or some other world.

Mortis wouldn't stop growling and it showed why as soon as the man opened his mouth. He demanded to have Mortis, something Helena wasn't going to allow, though just by looking at the guy it was easy to tell he was going to be a tough one to beat. Milo was the first to reply with the obvious no. That didn't really go in his favor at all, just like that one of the shards flew through the opposite wall to Milo and ended up behind him, knocking him out from the back of his head. In a flash the girl's battle suit sprouted from her gloves to cover her entire body, a katana like sword appearing in her right hand held to her side, the tip pointing at the stranger. Though she genuinely cared that her friend had gone down and was to tend to him as soon as possible, it gave her the chance to understand how this force field thing works. It was obvious that denying the stranger wasn't going to turn out well, so she started by trying to find reason for this.

"What do you want with him?"

She said, obviously talking about Mortis. Her expression was a mix of concern and anger. Though the girl could stay calm during battle and almost anything else, it was nearly impossible for her to keep her cool when someone close to her was under threat. She was already pissed off that her new friend had gone down too. Her grip on her sword tightened as she moved her fingers of free hand to the side ready to manipulate the earth for most likely defense. Helena was way in over her head if she thought she had a chance against this guy on her own and being tired from the fight earlier, the thing was though, she did think she had a fighting chance. Her confidence definitely wasn't her best trait at times. With her stance ready and hopefully by this point he had answered her, she let out a few more words in a stern tone.

"Either way, you're not taking Mortis away!"

Some legends are told, some turn to dust or to gold. But you will remember me, remember me for centuries.

Helena

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top