I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Marionette
Aesthetic Suggestions for the Site? - Page 2 EmptyDecember 2nd 2018, 2:31 pm by +/-

» suck on my magnum dong
Aesthetic Suggestions for the Site? - Page 2 EmptyOctober 18th 2018, 9:25 pm by Gemini

» It's my birthday.
Aesthetic Suggestions for the Site? - Page 2 EmptyOctober 4th 2018, 8:20 pm by Gemini

» EW
Aesthetic Suggestions for the Site? - Page 2 EmptySeptember 9th 2018, 3:53 am by Gemini

» What are Your Current Plans for Your Character?
Aesthetic Suggestions for the Site? - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 11th 2018, 7:33 pm by Chastelle

Statistics
We have 3557 registered users
The newest registered user is Shirou Seeker of Duckness

Our users have posted a total of 143994 messages in 12544 subjects

Aesthetic Suggestions for the Site?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Aesthetic Suggestions for the Site? - Page 2 Empty Re: Aesthetic Suggestions for the Site?

Post by Paul:) on July 17th 2014, 10:38 am

Maybe we could revive Member of the Month?

It puts more pictures on te site, and gives credit to the member who has been doing the right thing.
Paul:)

Back to top Go down

Aesthetic Suggestions for the Site? - Page 2 Empty Re: Aesthetic Suggestions for the Site?

Post by Belysa on July 17th 2014, 3:51 pm

...I'm willing to do a banner for the site. *nudges at siggy* Tell me what you want on it.

"Complaining about people complaining always fixes major issues! Let's do that instead of trying to find a collective solution by talking it out amongst ourselves as a community and point fingers instead of taking responsibility for our actions! While we're at it, let's attempt to satirize and/or demonize everybody who attempt to make a suggestion! Man, we are way better at this than those other people with experience who are trying to help!"

All RP's with Belysa in them are SUSPENDED for activity until further notice.
[Clickable]
Belysa
Belysa

Back to top Go down

Post by Occam on July 18th 2014, 11:10 am

Jensen wrote:
Spoiler:
Aesthetic Suggestions for the Site? - Page 2 Win_2011

It's a little crappy because I'm not that good, but I more so am sharing it to give the artfuls a concept if they need some ideas.

The heart is meant to follow the trend of symbols, but I imagine someone can make a better heart. The whole thing is supposed to resemble a parasite, with the roots on the bottom and the bulbs up top being the memories, representing them digging their roots into others for memories or them being torn up plants, needing a new source of nutrients since. That last analogy is because lost memories are like those plants that have been torn from the ground and haven't returned to the safety of the nutrient-giving ground.

If someone makes a better version of that drawing, then maybe we could be in business for a memory logo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Azmot on July 18th 2014, 3:37 pm

I feel as if that's too complex if it's to look like the others. Though I cannot draw, I would suggest the design look similar in size and concept to Heartless, Nobodies, Dream Eaters & Nightmares.
Azmot
Azmot

Back to top Go down

Post by Selene || Selena on July 18th 2014, 5:11 pm

I'd have to agree with Al here, to be honest. It's a great idea and had thought put into it, but there's too much going on. The canon creature symbols are simple and don't have much to do with the actual nature of their respective creatures. However, I like the idea of the emblem having some meaning to it, as well as the center portion of your actual heart design. Maybe we could make the Memory logo's heart appear fragmented to represent to broken/scattered memories?

Also, will we have a separate symbol for Memory Nobodies? I'm not exactly sure how those work, even after reading the lore topic for Memories...

Elemental Mastery:
~Fire
~Cure
~Thunder
Selene || Selena
Selene || Selena

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirou on July 18th 2014, 11:02 pm

Memory Nobodies shouldn't exist, according to the base lore. A nobody is defined as a body without a heart, while a Memory is somebody with a heart, but no memories. If a nobody regrew their heart, then it would be possible.

[23:25:24] Zihark joined the chat on 10/17/2011, 11:25 pm
[23:27:16] Zihark : I SUSCEDE SHIROU VELOX, YOUR IDEA WAS BETTER

[02:13:16] Etzolix : YOU WON'T
[02:13:18] Etzolix : I GOT YIMA ON A LEASH

[1:41:03 AM] "Ansem": I only have
[1:41:09 AM] "Ansem": 500 munny
[1:41:20 AM] "Ansem": ....IMA WELFARE PIMP

Shirou
Shirou

Back to top Go down

Post by Etzolix on July 18th 2014, 11:50 pm

Wouldn't a Nobody just be a whole person at that point, which would mean they're not a Nobody anymore?
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Selene || Selena on July 19th 2014, 12:50 am

That's what I thought too, but then I read this:

re:Admin wrote:When the heart is forgotten, it leaves the body and is consumed by the heart's element and become a creature of the element.

Which means that Memory Nobodies can be created, but i don't think this would be any different from normal Nobodies; both are simply bodies without hearts. However, I think this would mean that 'Memory Nobodies' would be like Roxas in the beginning of 358/2 Days: essentially, a zombie. They don't have any memories, so they don't remember how they used to act/feel, etc.

What bothers me, though, is the discrepancy in that everywhere else in the topic, it is stated that Memories are created when a 'heart loses its memories', while only in the description of Memory Nobodies it is stated that Memories are created when a 'heart is forgotten'. On my opinion, those are two different things, so I'm a little confused.

Elemental Mastery:
~Fire
~Cure
~Thunder
Selene || Selena
Selene || Selena

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirou on July 19th 2014, 11:52 pm

Feel free to clarify it by posting in the lore topic.

Shirou
Shirou

Back to top Go down

Post by Belysa on July 20th 2014, 4:32 pm

Memory symbol?
Memory symbol.

Click me.

This is the Sankofa symbol. I'm too lazy to come up with something else. The Sankofa represents the idea of looking to your past with understanding that both the good and the bad has helped you become who (or what,) you are today.
Of course, who's to say what you've become today is always good? It definitely could work both ways. Just as there are Nobodies with a greater sense of purpose and personality, so too could these Memories--some could be more malignant than others.

I could come up with something better. Maybe. When I feel like it.

"Complaining about people complaining always fixes major issues! Let's do that instead of trying to find a collective solution by talking it out amongst ourselves as a community and point fingers instead of taking responsibility for our actions! While we're at it, let's attempt to satirize and/or demonize everybody who attempt to make a suggestion! Man, we are way better at this than those other people with experience who are trying to help!"

All RP's with Belysa in them are SUSPENDED for activity until further notice.
[Clickable]
Belysa
Belysa

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul:) on July 20th 2014, 5:22 pm

That's looks awesome +1!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Helena on July 21st 2014, 1:44 am

I like the symbol!

Could I suggest, no comic sans?
The font really grinds my gears.

Also if I am given ideas of what would be wanted in a banner made to personalize the site I can make one (:
Helena
Helena

Back to top Go down

Post by Etzolix on July 21st 2014, 9:57 pm

Aesthetic Suggestions for the Site? - Page 2 Rs_500x248-140407143142-images-article-2013-08-31-tumblr_luu6k9jMtB1qje0bvo1_500
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Selene || Selena on July 22nd 2014, 9:13 pm

I really like the symbol, and i think it fits PERFECTLY.

As for not allowing Comic Sans...I obviously, would be against that. Not just because I use it all the time and have used it for a long time, but also because we shouldn't deny users from using a font just because one person doesn't like how it looks.

Elemental Mastery:
~Fire
~Cure
~Thunder
Selene || Selena
Selene || Selena

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirou on July 27th 2014, 4:19 pm

Fixed the poll color.

Shirou
Shirou

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian King on August 5th 2014, 6:59 pm

What if we shortened the width so paragraphs can have a proper size?

Idk, it may help for those that switch between word and this.

Aesthetic Suggestions for the Site? - Page 2 Diothr11
I can haz Omens?
Adrian King
Adrian King

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuro on August 5th 2014, 7:00 pm

It does not help those on the iPhone ._.

Back to top Go down

Post by Krystal on August 5th 2014, 7:01 pm

Paragraph width does vary depending on the size of the screen usually.

Krystal

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian King on August 5th 2014, 7:07 pm

I know, but that's only if it's smaller than the maximum size of the width, I thought. Otherwise it adjusts to shrink down, Idk I might be wrong.

Aesthetic Suggestions for the Site? - Page 2 Diothr11
I can haz Omens?
Adrian King
Adrian King

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum