Katastrophic Beginnings (Open)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Katastrophic Beginnings (Open)

Post by Mystic on June 15th 2014, 8:17 pm

Mystic didn't really know if he got the edge with those attacks. This girl was really good with paying attention to her surroundings. It was probably the animal ears or something. The mage didn't know how animals worked completely, but since it didn't help him, he didn't like it.

A wall of ivy spread near him and Mystic was confused. When he got struck, he knew why: attacks were sliding through it. Mystic wasn't sure how to react, so the mage just attempted to block. A couple more hit him, but, with one attempted swing, he was able to slam into the fourth one on sheer accident. He missed the last one though.

And that was where the problems started. First, an actual white fox dashed out and snapped its jaws straight on Krystal. Was the fox the girl? Oh, great, this was just plain excellent. Mystic was going to run up and help, but Krystal released some sort of burst attack. And it was probably dangerous to go over there. So instead, Mystic ran the other direction to make sure he would avoid damage, picking up Steve along the way and holding it in his hand instead of his staff.

[21:03:10] Cool : Saix and I have something in common
[21:03:18] Saix : Boobs?
[21:03:42] Cool : Yes, boobs

Mystic's Theme: It Doesn't Matter ~His World Remix~
Mystic's Elements: Light, Cure, Darkness, Thunder

Mystic

RP Words : 0
Munny : 943

http://shugochara.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Mireya on June 15th 2014, 8:34 pm

The goddess expected Krystal to move away when seeing her fox form, but she didn’t, and got a bitten in the arm. Her objective, however, wasn’t to really hurt the girl, so it wasn’t a deep wound. She was a deity, so it wouldn’t get infected either. But because of the nature of that fight, she couldn’t just go easy on them.

After the girl’s scream, the fox-woman felt someone coming. A spell, something that was more dangerous than what the young girl had shown before. She tried to jump away to avoid whatever would follow the scream, but even then she was still too near: the goddess was caught in the blast of magical energy. It hurt the left side of her body, pushing her a few meters away before landing on the floor. She could feel burns in her legs and chest. It wasn’t too serious, but it was the largest injury she had received so far. And apparently, it had been only a reflex movement… that girl was more dangerous than she looked.
Krystal had been tested enough. The goddess’ eyes turned to Mystic, who had just retrieved his dagger.

The fox took a frontal approach: she dashed at him, and as she did, the orb that still floated around her continuously shot leaf arrows at him. An exact number of 8 would have been sent Mystic’s way before the fox reached his position. She’d then cast the ivy shield spell. The ivies, however, didn’t grow between her and the boy, but directly below the boy’s feet. It’d be enough to immobilize him for a few seconds. She’d use the opportunity to jump and then bash at him from a higher altitude with her tail.

Mireya

Munny : 165

Back to top Go down

Post by Krystal on June 15th 2014, 11:44 pm

Krystal felt relieved when the mean doggie let go. The bite mark was noticeable, but she really didn't mind all that much. More importantly, it bit her! That really wasn't nice. She looked at the wound and whimpered herself. Afterwards, she glanced back and looked at the doggie and the boy.

She noticed that the wolf wasn't paying attention to Krystal anymore. Was it done biting and throwing things at an innocent girl such as herself? Krystal really hoped so.

Krystal

Munny : 225

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystic on June 16th 2014, 1:33 am

Mystic watched the minute events that transpired before getting ready again. He noticed the arrows again and chose to counter with his Gensku Claws again, slashing at them and, if not destroying them, at least veering them away.

But he wasn't surprised when it was not just that. Vines began to sprout under the boy, and he had trouble moving. The vines he could cut weren't really helping him much. Great. Thankfully he had a last resort of his own. Electricity built up within the boy before being released in his Luminare attack. If it didn't work, at least the girl would get away from him enough for him to recover. Hopefully.

Mystic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mireya on June 16th 2014, 3:49 pm

A blast of electrical energy was released by the boy. Having noticed the unusual energy gathering in him with a second of anticipation, the fox stopped her attack, jumped back and protected herself with her tail. Though she managed to avoid part of the damage, the electricity still managed to reach her skin, which left a painful sensation all around her nerves. It had been a powerful spell, one that could have caused great damage to her body if she wasn't careful.

"That is enough."

White smoke surrounded the fox again. Once it dissipated, the figure of the young maiden was visible again. This time, however, she looked hurt, with her left arm hanging from her shoulder. Taking into her body spell after spell so recklessly hadn't been the best possible idea, but it had worked in the end. The goddess was rather disappointed, however, in her own abilities: the boy and the girl could have defeated her if the battle have kept going. Apparently, if she wanted to survive her future ordeals, she'd have to gather more followers or gain power through different means.

"Two of you, fight well." She said, returning the floating sphere back to the inside of her clothes. "Still young, but with potential. Battle, necessary for me to know this."

The goddess took a deep breath to ease some of the pain and to prepare herself to do something she hadn't done for a long time: to ask a human for help.

"Want to ask a request. Strength, needed. My strength, enough... but it is something that I can't do." She stopped for a moment before continuing. "To help my children."

"...please."

OOC: I'm planning to initiate some sort of "quest" with this, but accept only if you're willing to mess around with me a little more~

Mireya

Back to top Go down

Post by Krystal on June 16th 2014, 4:04 pm

Krystal looked back as everything ended with the boy's electric attack.  Really 'shocking' in her eyes.  Ha.  That was funny.

The doggie turned back into her humanish form before kinda explaining the situation to the two.  She needed their strength?  More importantly, she wanted Krystal's help?  The girl felt...touched.  Nobody asked her that in so long.  She really liked to help people out, but nobody ever asked for some reason.

She didn't even get the hint after a cabbage, old and beat-up, came flying by them.

"Yes yes yes!!" Krystal exclaimed, "I can do it, I swear! Really!". This was so perfectly excellent!

Last edited by Krystal on June 16th 2014, 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Krystal

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystic on June 16th 2014, 4:14 pm

Mystic stared and breathed slightly heavily. It was finally over? Oh, goodie. The boy put away each weapon, excluding Steve just in case. Mystic stared and listened to the brief speech the girl gave. It didn't really explain much, but she was asking for their help. Mystic could admit; she could put up a good fight, but with allies, it would be easier.

Then again, he would be with the bad luck charm. And it might get in the way of his thievery job. Nah, it probably wouldn't. It would be a problem when it happened.

A sigh came out of Mystic's mouth as he finally said, "Sure, why not? Though, I would like a name, at least. Can't just keep calling you 'girl'."

Mystic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mireya on June 16th 2014, 4:36 pm

The goddess bowed her head for a second in order to express her thanks. When the boy asked for her name, the fox-girl had to give it some thought. From where she was, she never had a set name. It was either always changing, or it was simply replaced by a title. She didn't feel that it'd be wise to introduce herself with a title though. Searching deep within her memories, she remember the time when she approached a local village in order to interact with humans without revealing her true identity, and that she had adopted the name of one of her biggest believers.

"Mireya." She finally said in response.

The fox-girl placed her hand inside her robes and took out yet another orb. This one, however, was different from the last one: instead of having a pale color, it shone in a bright purple light. Mireya showed it to the youths before explaining what her request was all about:

"My children... they 'dream' in a realm called the "Realm of Sleep". Our world met its demise, and I had to take them there to keep them safe. Their hearts, wounded with darkness. They slept for a year to heal. They were to be returned to the Realm of Light once they were ready... but only I was returned. Children, still there. Need to get them back."

Her eyes went down to the sphere in her hands.

"Wishes inside the sphere. They can open path... but I can't cross that path. Used first sphere to reach Realm of Sleep. Swore to leave when the 'time was right'. Not allowed to go back using this 'path'. But others can. You can." She looked at the two in the eye. "Go there, investigate, help my children. My powers, not much... but will reward if successful."

Mireya

Back to top Go down

Post by Krystal on June 16th 2014, 5:01 pm

Mireya? "I like that name!" Krystal cheered merrily. It sounded so familiar to her. Or not. She did make up a lot of things in her free time. But that was beside the point. Mireya wanted to show the two something.

Krystal stared in awe at the shiny purple orb that the doggie girl showed her. It was really fascinating. Like, mesmerizing! She missed about half of the story, but supposed that if anything came up, the other boy would tell her. So there were no problems!

"Okay! Krystal cheered, "We can do it! I understand it completely!"

Krystal

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystic on June 16th 2014, 5:11 pm

Mireya, huh? That would work. The thief just nodded, satisfied with a good answer, before looking back at Mireya and listening to her tale about what she wanted. They were heading off to the Realm of Sleep, huh? Well, this was certainly a twist in Mystic's plans. Mireya really seemed eager (for her, at least) to reunite with these 'Children' of hers. And it might be worth his while - he did hear the word reward in that paragraph.

"Well, I'm not backing out now," Mystic responded, "Let's get started then.

Mystic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mireya on June 16th 2014, 5:58 pm

Mireya nodded her head after hearing their words and proceeded to prepare herself to transport the youths to the Realm of Sleep. The goddess focused in the sphere between her hands, closing her eyes in the process to disconnect herself from the outside world. She could feel them: the wishes and prayers that she had stored inside, belonging to those that have passed away. Mireya had sworn to herself to only use that power to help her remaining children, and that's what she was planning to do.

"Open a way to where they rest." She said, as if she was praying to an invisible god.

The began to shine brightly, much more than before. It remained like that for a couple of seconds, and then the color slowly began to fade away. And once it did, a single, purple portal opened behind her back. It was a bit bigger than a normal human adult, an eerie-looking portal that anyone would be able to cross.

"There. I have opened the pathway. If you walk in, you will reach the world of 'Traverse Town', where 'they' sleep. World of sleep, however, it is unstable. Might be difficult to find your way. Hard to explain... two dreams, 'their' dreams, have merged. Can't understand why. But fear not: the portal shall remain open, if you wish to return. You can return, but they can't. Learn why, help them, and bring them back. You will know who they are when you see them. That is all."

"...and one other thing." After a moment of deliberation, Mireya decided to add one more order. "Never tell them who sent you there. Never tell them who told you to help. Never mutter my name, or who I am. Good luck."

Mireya

Back to top Go down

Post by Krystal on June 16th 2014, 7:07 pm

Krystal stood there with a curious look on her face. She wondered what the Realm of Sleep looked like and what they could find in this place. Mireya opened a portal that led to a place called Traverse Town. Another interesting name, only this time it was for a town. She couldn't even begin to imagine what the town was like. Probably a bunch of floating things everywhere.

Oh, right, the task. Krystal questioned why she should keep hushed about Mireya. Wasn't she looking for these people, her Children? Krystal would've stayed to ask, but that would waste time doing something that wasn't looking around for what she was supposed to find!

In fact, why was she still here? "I understand completely!" Krystal declared, "I won't let you down, let's go!". Not even waiting for the other boy, the jinx charged straight in to the portal.

Krystal

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystic on June 16th 2014, 7:36 pm

...and there Krystal went. Mystic admitted that no one could hate her for her admiration to help or her optimism. Now if only she wouldn't cause whatever she touched to collapse. She probably did that. But that was beside the point.

Mystic heard what Mireya told him. He was interested in Traverse Town and what he could find there. He'd probably rob one of the buildings on the way there. Man, being a thief was great when it came to these things.

Mystic glanced at Mireya and smiled. "I guess I should make sure Krystal doesn't break anything. Wish me luck." Mystic declared. The boy simply waltzed into the portal, ready for anything.

Mystic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content