Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
EWSeptember 9th 2018, 3:53 amGemini
The Infinite; Rick and Morty [Forumotion]October 21st 2017, 1:37 pmGuest
SteamhunterOctober 20th 2017, 8:25 amGuest
Statistics
We have 3560 registered usersThe newest registered user is ZmatokOur users have posted a total of 144001 messagesin 12543 subjects

Go down
Zeferoth

Clash of the Titans? (Sombra, Nic)

on June 11th 2014, 1:38 am
Sombra was surrounded by heartless. These things thought that because they had the number advantage, they could take the large man. They were mistaken. Sombra smiled and got up on the balls of his feet. He exhaled ready for their attack. It would not matter if they came at him all at once or not. He easily destroy them. The heartless jumped him at the same time. Sombra turned to his right first throwing his massive fist out hitting one of the soldiers square in the chest. He then whipped his arm to the left catching two shadows with the horizontal swing of his tonfa. Two managed to scratch his back, but that only got his attention. He flung them off kicking them with his boot.

One heartless was sent into the rock face disappearing in the snow. Then there was only one. a centaur looking one with a spear. It charged him, but Sombra didn't move. He let the thing come running at it head on. The heartless thrust it's spear out at Sombra, as Sombra punched out with his arm. The metals slashed for a moment before the heartless' spear gave to the might of Sombra's attack. The punch connected to the heartless's head making it disappear on the spot.

The seven foot tall man looked round for anything else that wanted to challenge him. Nothing, nothing remained as usual. Was this all that his life was for fighting and ending the lives of others? He shook his head. His blue hair swaying in the mountain wind. No, he couldn't think like that. He needed to figure out why he felt so good when he was fighting. But for that, he needed to find a worthy opponent. One that he could use his full power to fight.

Theme: I am All of Me - Crush 40

Battle Theme: Die by the Sword - Dragon Force

Zeferoth's Profile: https://kingdomhearts.forumotion.net/t11762-zeferoth-chaosu
Color: Crimson

Sombra's Profile: https://kingdomhearts.forumotion.net/t11796-sombra-azrael#139045
Color: Blue

Kisala's Profile: https://kingdomhearts.forumotion.net/t11823-kisala-kinzoku
Color: Cyan
Sir Nicholas

Re: Clash of the Titans? (Sombra, Nic)

on June 11th 2014, 1:56 am
Few had learned the secret of traveling between worlds - even fewer had the knowledge of how to do so safely, but one man had done both. Since the end of the great Keyblade War many years ago, he had taken it upon himself to securing each world to the best of his ability. Even if he was just one man, he could still make a difference by destroying Heartless and preventing them from swallowing the world's hearts.

This was just the latest in a long line of such battles - and even as Shadows and Soldiers rose from the ground to fight him, Nicholas was ready. He drew his long sword, whose name was Godsend, and charged right into their ranks - slashing as he went. Though it wasn't a Keyblade, it was nevertheless sufficient, as it had been enchanted and made specifically to vanquish evil creatures.

Truth be told, there was more to it than that. Nicholas didn't just fight for duty - he fought because it was fun. Everything, from the rush, the thrill of battle - to testing his mettle against a worthy opponent excited him greatly. He felt alive in combat, but lately the battles had grown boring.

It was all too simple to cut down mindless creatures - especially when there were so many of them. They fell before him by the dozen - then by the hundred, and still more kept coming. Finally, when he reached the Tung Shao Pass - where he could fight without fear of civilians.

More and more Heartless poured through the icy peaks - and soon he was surrounded on all sides. But he was nothing if not a powerhouse: Every movement, every backhand stroke and slash was made to maximize its damage. Each stroke and thrust and parry met its mark - and soon, several more of the creatures fell to his sword; disappearing into black vapor.

"This bores me." He muttered. "If only I could find a real challenge."

There came the sounds of battle - echoing across the valley. That caught him by surprise. There shouldn't be anyone else here, much less able to fight against such creatures effectively.

When the last of his foes were dealt with, he sheathed his blade and went up the mountain. Soon, he located the source - and saw a tall man, even taller than himself, (which was no easy feat, considering Jameson was 6'7) - standing victorious over a group of Heartless.

"What do we have here?" He murmured.

The man wielded a pair of strange night-stick like weapons, and from his rippling muscles and the puddles of black sludge where once Heartless stood, he clearly knew how to use them.

This could be the challenge I've been waiting for. Jameson thought, a smile creeping onto his face. With that, he walked forward - applauding.

"Your skills show promise, warrior." He said over the howling wind. "And I can see you have a spirit that thirsts for battle." He stopped a short distance away, so that he and the man could see eye-to-eye. "Ah, where are my manners? I am Nicholas Jameson, at your service."

His smile widened as he offered his hand to the stranger. "Your name."
Zeferoth

on June 11th 2014, 9:56 pm
Sombra turned his head facing the man that almost was as tall as he was. Sombra looked that man over. Judging by the weapon and armor he seemed strong, but physical strength didn't mean that he was a strong opponent. He smiled thinking about the possibilities. He took the man's hand and shook it trying not to break the man's hand.

"Sombra Azrael." He seemed to be able to tell that he liked to fight. Did this man know who he was? If he did he would not just simply walk up to "the mad dog" and expect to last long. He had to give him point for guts if that was the case. His voice was low and almost sounded like a growl. "What brings you to these frigid peaks? Are you here to challenge me as well?"

Sombra's Profile: https://kingdomhearts.forumotion.net/t11796-sombra-azrael#139045

Sir Nicholas

on June 11th 2014, 10:04 pm
"Hunting down these weaklings." He gestured to the black spots on the ground. "Though now that you mention it, I am in the mood for a fight. It's been a long time since I had a good, hard battle to really get the blood flowing. How about it? You look like a worthy opponent."

For emphasis, he drew his sword and shield and saluted. "Since we're alone, this should be an ideal place. No outside interference. Rules of engagement are simple: Fight with all your might, and whoever surrenders or is knocked out first - loses. Is that acceptable?"
Zeferoth

on June 11th 2014, 10:16 pm
Sombra began to laugh. It started as a low rumble in his throat, then a deep chuckle, finally it was a whole hearty laugh. This man obviously didn't know who he was dealing with. Even so he will never turn down someone who was willing to fight him for any reason. Once his laughing fit calmed he jumped back getting his hands ready. He had his wide smile on his face. He was ready for this fight.

"Just do me a favor, and don't disappoint me. With that he charged head on into his opponent. He through a basic right punch to feel out his opponent. The point of his cross tonfa was aimed squarely at Nic's chest with quite a bit of force behind it. He kept his other hand up in a vertical position to block any counter attack.

Sir Nicholas

on June 12th 2014, 1:50 am
((OOC: Took a few liberties here to make the fight more fluid. Feel free to do so in your next post))

Nicholas raised his shield just in time to block the tonfa - though the force behind the attack was enough to stagger him, he dug his back heel into the snow behind him and held on.

He had met an opponent whose strength equaled his own. That pleased him greatly. Azrael wasn't just all talk after all. Like a dam giving way, all restraint crumbled in his mind as he accepted this as a fight where he could not, (or would not) hold back. He let loose the mental shackles he'd kept on his strength and fully loosed his powerful muscles beneath his armor.

"Very good." He said calmly. Then he twisted his shield around and forced the tonfa away. Then he countered with a sideways slash from his blade. The other tonfa blocked it at an angle. There came a spark as they crossed. "Let's see what you've got, Azrael!"

And with that, the duel was on. In an instant, true combat was unleashed as both let loose. Jameson went forward, chopping left and right repeatedly - only for his enemy to block or parry each attack. Even after several more such exchanges, Azrael's tonfas showed no sign of damage.

The fight became a cycle: Each delivered and countered strikes that would have decimated a lesser opponent. They battled back and forth across the mountain peak, neither giving an inch.

Jameson was built for offense - both his massive strength and his weapon were specifically designed to overwhelm an opponent through sheer power. Yet even as he hammered and slashed, he met an enemy whose defensive ability was more than enough to hold him at bay. He twisted and turned his blade, trying to find an opening and finding none, he withdrew.

Azrael had gone about the fight blocking or parrying each attack as it came at him. His cross-like weapons seemed to be everywhere; lashing out in a fast counter or blocking his strikes. Each time he attacked, Jameson would hold it off with his shield or twist around it.

Finally Nicholas tired of the fruitless exchanges and changed strategy. As soon as Azrael came back in for a counter, he blocked the tonfa and turned it aside. When he was sure it was out of his way, he charged, putting his whole weight behind the attack and holding his shield in front of him like a battering ram.
Zeferoth

on June 12th 2014, 5:02 pm
The ringing of metal on metal was a symphony to the fighter's ears. This Nicholas was putting up a great fight. They seemed equally matched. It was a good sign indeed. Sombra blocked slash after slash, and countered with punch after punch only for them to be met with the man's shield if anything.

Sombra felt his arm pushed out wide. He was caught off guard for what happened next. The shield was slammed into his body pushing him back. Sombra's own chest was like armor. A couple pounds of muscle protected his vitals as well as any armor. He staggered slightly recovering quickly.

He wasn't breathing hard. His smile remained on his face now wider than before. Excellent, you do not disappoint Nicholas Jameson. Now lets see how long you can keep it up. He charged again swinging his left tonfa to knock his opponents sword out of the way as he fallowed with a hard hook to the ribs.

Sir Nicholas

on June 14th 2014, 3:18 pm
"You aren't so bad yourself, Azrael!" Jameson called over the ringing of blades.

He was pleased at how swiftly and fluidly his opponent had recovered. Just what kind of discipline and focus was required for such a composed defense? Whirling around his opponent's next charge, Godsend and Templar's Cross (Sword and shield respectively) were a flurry of movement.

The shield knocked the opposing weapon away as it came at his ribs while the sword sailed forward in a counterattack. Azrael's other tonfa caught it so that the blade was locked at its hilt. In that narrow space, Jameson knew he miscalculated.

His opponent was quick to turn it into an opportunity and lunged forward - slamming his forehead against Nicholas's in a brutal headbutt.

The knight felt his nose nearly crumple from the impact, and he was momentarily dazed. A quick shake of his head and a sharp inhale and he was right back in the fight, no worse for wear.

Not only is Azrael's strength a match for my own, he's also a skilled fighter! Jameson thought as he leaped right back into the fray, slinging his weapons back and forth in a repeat of the previous exchange. Yet there was no anger in his face as he fought on.

Indeed, there was only an excited grin. Even as the blood dribbled from his nose down the side of his cheek, that smile never left.

Soon after, Nicholas went on the attack - aiming a scissor movement with both his weapons, aimed at shearing his enemy's neck. Even as he did so, both weapons were blocked. Once again they locked weapons. Each pushed against the other with their full strength - only succeeding in prolonging the stalemate - and their faces were within inches of each other as they grappled.

After a moment or two of useless struggling, it was time to change tactics. Instead of continuing a pointless push - Jameson leaped up in a knee strike, aiming for his opponent's exposed left side.
Zeferoth

on June 14th 2014, 10:40 pm
Nicolas' knee hit Sombra's ribs hard with enough force that would break a lesser man's ribs. Sombra was able to withstand the blow though pain still showed on his face despite his unyielding body. Sombra took the opportunity to catch the man's leg and swing him around a few times. He let go sending the man sailing into the mountain side.

This is excellent! You are the first real challenge I have had ages. You should be honored, you will get to experience more of my strength! The tattoos all over his body started to glow red. He laughed and as the mountain seemed to shake. Enchanted Chains level two RELEASE!!!

Red magical chains appeared around his body. They shattered dissolving into thin air. He smiled feeling his power grow even more. He looked at Nicholas who no doubt recovered from the hit on the rocks. His strength wasn't the only thing that increased, but all of his powers.

Sorry for the wait. Now we can continue. He motioned for Nicholas to make the first move. As Nicholas charged sweeping low with his sword and then charging with his shield. Sombra lifted his foot avoiding the sword and placed his hand on the shield stopping it easily. He countered with a hard round house kick to Nich's ribs fallowed by a barrage of strikes from his tonfas.

Sir Nicholas

on June 14th 2014, 11:37 pm
"Don't get the wrong idea." The knight muttered while fending off each of his opponent's strikes. Despite their increased strength and speed, he was able to predict their pattern through careful observation of Azrael's muscle rotation and his own enhanced reflexes.

When he put enough space in between himself and his opponent, Nicolas also began to undergo a kind of transformation. A golden glow began to form around him and his eyes turned as white as the snow. Then his shield abruptly disappeared into part of that glow surrounding his sword. From head-to-toe, his entire body coated in blinding illumination.

"I'm just getting started!" - And with that, he gestured with his sword. The blade easily cut through the ground around them. Splitting cracks appeared in between patches of snow in bright fire.

Grasping the handle of his blade with both hands, Nicolas sent a beam sailing towards Azrael - a golden bolt of light and sound that tore apart everything in its path.

He followed this up with a charging slash from the side. His strength and speed had increased as well, to the point where he could once more match Azrael.

This was a sign that everything had changed. What had started as a warm-up had evolved into a deadly duel where injury or worse was now very likely.

(Mandate of Heaven used. -1 to Magical protection. -1 to Constitution. +2 to speed)

Last edited by Sir Nicholas on June 15th 2014, 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zeferoth

on June 14th 2014, 11:56 pm
Sombra knew better than try to block that beam attack, he dodged to the side keeping his tonfas between him and his opponents sword. The metal met with a thunderous ring. It was enough to jar his arms. His smile was at its widest now. Now they were having a true fight. All limits would be removed now. Well if Nicholas would need to earn no limits.

YES MORE, STRIKE ME HARDER!! MAKE ME BLEED!! PUSH ME TO MY LIMITS!!! with a combination of hard punches and kicks, Sombra pushed Nicholas back away from him. As Nicholas came in again, Sombra slammed his foot into the ground forcing the ground to shift under him. Sombra would take the opportunity to press the attack on the off balance fighter.

Sir Nicholas

on June 15th 2014, 3:08 pm
"He enjoys being hurt?" Jameson thought with shock. After the shockwave had dissipated, he steadied himself, just as Azrael's attacks came more fiercely, and more quickly. Regaining his composure, Jameson met him head on. Their weapons sparked and clanged as they struck each other again and again.

Every so often in between the flurry of strikes and parries, one or the other would take a hit. In their empowered states, neither seemed to take notice. It soon became apparent that for all their power and skill, they were still evenly matched. Therein lay one small advantage that Nicolas still had: His armor.

It was so heavily built he could withstand greater punishment than ordinary men. Even as the tonfas struck him with enough force to seemingly level the mountain they fought on, it still protected him. Though not without damage, the hardened steel held on against the attacks.

He's not even trying to dodge my attacks. Nicolas thought as he slashed and almost danced through his enemy's movements. Does he think he's indestructible? Everything has a breaking point.

He blocked an overhead blow, one that nearly shattered his wrist in the process. Then he countered with a sideways slash and although he missed, it still would do noticeable damage.

Both were taking serious injuries now and still kept going. He may act like he's not wounded, but he's taking more damage than I am. - Jameson thought.

Even though Azrael was still laughing throughout it all, the knight's iron will kept him upright; forcing his body into the correct position, despite the occasional battering to his head or chest. Somehow he found the strength to continue on, ignoring the aches and pains in his limbs.
Zeferoth

on June 15th 2014, 8:59 pm
Sombra staggered back after a hard pummel strike to his gut. He doubled over when the air was forced from his lungs. He smile never wavered. His blood was pumping, his heart racing, and his instincts have never been sharper. He loved this feeling. Some find bliss in their peaceful hobbies. Sombra found his in combat.

I congratulate you my friend. You are the first person to have caused me this much damage. I have fought in wars. Some on the winning side and some on the losing side. He looked at Nicholas straight in the eyes. I even taken on both sides at the same time. None of them were a match for me. You on the other hand are a god send! You will have the honor of being the first person to push me to release more of my power!

Another set of chains were visible around his body as his tattoos once again glowed bright red. He seemed to be puling at the ones around his hands and feet straining the magical chains till the started to break. Enchanted Chain level 3 release! His power sky rocketed as the mountain shook from the strain. A large patch of snow fell a couple yards away from the fighters causing a small avalanche. Sombra reached into the snow grabbing the stone with his bear hands. He began to pull it. He held a huge chunk of rock about the size of a king sized mattress. He threw it as hard as he could right at the armored man intending to crush it.

(Realeasing Level 3 Restraint: Sombra's stats are now that of level 3)

Sir Nicholas

on June 16th 2014, 12:03 am
A quick slice down the middle and the rock was chopped cleanly in two. The runes glowed with both heat and power as it easily carved the stone. Godsend was a blur in Jameson's hands as he sidestepped the inevitable counterattack and struck at his opponent, hard, in the side.

"I should confess." He said in between breaths. "You are a worthier opponent than any I've met in a long time, and that is a career that stretches nearly two decades. I find your strength awesome, Azrael." When he had a moment, he thumped his fist against his chest in a token salute. From his even tone and the smile on his face, he meant the compliment.

"You have forced me to unleash my full power and even that is not enough. I've fought with every bit of my skill, and you yet prove yourself stronger than me at every turn." In between the next barrage of attacks, he felt his energy bleeding away as his reserves reached their limit. "This final exchange will be our last. I'm afraid I simply don't have enough energy to keep up this battle for much longer."

It was time for his last trump card. It was either victory or death. Now, he would unleash everything he had in one final assault.

Likely to Azrael's surprise, the knight's armor began to quiver and shake until it fell loose. The pieces of each individual component scattered as they hit the ground beneath them. Underneath, he wore a black, skin-tight bodysuit which was stretched tightly over thick muscles.

With that, he raised Godsend and the blade erupted into flames. The glow surrounding it doubled in intensity - to the point where others would be forced to shut their eyes against it.

As he walked forward, unhurriedly, the snow began to melt from the intense heat he was giving off.

"This is my last technique. I put everything I have into defeating my enemy. My strength and power are now 100%." He explained. He raised his blade in preparation. "One final attack. That should be enough to decide this fight. Are you ready to face me at my max?"

on June 16th 2014, 12:45 am
Sombra smiled widened even further if that was possible. This was great the only person that was able to push him this far was still able to have more power. Sombra did not want to disappoint his opponent. Giving him anything but his best would be a dishonor. Once again the chains formed around Sombra and again they were broken. The mountain cried under the power of the two mighty warriors. The noble knight against the wandering warmonger.

Yes...Yes! I was waiting for this day for so long!! Give me more. Give me everything you have Nicholas Jameson! Make me release my full power! He was one level away from his full strength. He was so close. So very very close to his fighters ambition. The mountain shook with each foot step he took. He ran at his opponent moving to the side quickly before kicking at the man's unarmored body bating away the sword. The tonfas were indeed strong to take this king of use.

The two continued the exchanges. Nicholas may have held the speed advantage, but Sombra held the toughness advantage. The sheer force of the power he exerted crushed the stone around them. Each clash of weapons produced a shock wave the rocked the mountain side.

Sir Nicholas

on June 16th 2014, 3:21 pm
Through the next series of exchanges, neither opponent was focused on their surroundings - even as the environment they were fighting in was blown apart from the force of their blows. The mountain peak began to crack with each assault. Soon even the ground under their feet was splintered and shot out in all directions.

So tired. Jameson thought as he blocked another attack that would have blown his head apart if it hit. Have to keep fighting until I drop, or until he does!

When they parted once again, he was exhausted. Nearly every bone in his body was creaking with effort as he did so. It all amounted to one final attack.

"This ends now."

And with that, he charged one last time. Willing all the remaining strength in himself to his arms, he brought Godsend down, just as Azrael did the same. The two weapons passed each other - and both fighters were struck simultaneously, and everything was gone.

Several hours later, Jameson struggled himself awake. He had fallen unconscious after that last blow; though his body's natural healing process had been enhanced, he was still aching from the battle.

He opened his searing eyes, which were probably bloodshot, blinking at his surroundings. The ground was covered in deep scars from their blows - though they were quickly becoming covered by the snow.

His sword lay some distance away from him; embedded blade-first into the rock with most of his armor surrounding it.

Overhead the sun was shining through the clouds.

Damn. I lost. He thought grimly as he surveyed the damage.

All of his limbs were bleeding and practically covered with bruises. Jameson had trained himself to the peak of the human condition. Even his metabolism had to be enhanced to augment his incredible vitality. It had made him stronger and faster than ordinary men, but what it didn't do was take away the pain.

He would be feeling Azrael's blows long after the flesh mended.

Abandoning that thought, he looked around for his enemy. Then he rose to his feet.

"I've fought the best; you're better." Nicolas said aloud. "I would have hated to fight you if I wasn't enhanced. Even so, the battle was most enjoyable. You've won; I congratulate you on your victory."
Zeferoth

on June 16th 2014, 7:35 pm
Sombra walked into view. His body was covered in burns and cuts from the man's sword. He had lost his coat some time ago in the fight, so nothing covered his muscular upper body. His wounds would have killed a lesser man, but here Sombra stood all like it was his daily routine.

It was a good fight indeed. The best I had in years, but in the end you are not the one. You were not the one that would push me to release my full power. He seemed disappointed, but he still had a smile as he turned away from the worthy opponent. Maybe next time if your stronger you can push me that final step. He started walking back down the mountain.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum