» Marionette
Regarding the Lore EmptyDecember 2nd 2018, 2:31 pm by +/-

» suck on my magnum dong
Regarding the Lore EmptyOctober 18th 2018, 9:25 pm by Gemini

» It's my birthday.
Regarding the Lore EmptyOctober 4th 2018, 8:20 pm by Gemini

» EW
Regarding the Lore EmptySeptember 9th 2018, 3:53 am by Gemini

» What are Your Current Plans for Your Character?
Regarding the Lore EmptyFebruary 11th 2018, 7:33 pm by Chastelle

Statistics
We have 3557 registered users
The newest registered user is Shirou Seeker of Duckness

Our users have posted a total of 143994 messages in 12544 subjects

Regarding the Lore

Go down

Regarding the Lore Empty Regarding the Lore

Post by Mohon on May 30th 2014, 6:47 pm

As you may know, after our upcoming reboot we're planning to proceed through our story by staying closer to the original lore of Kingdom Hearts, as it should be. However, sticking to the lore on its ENTIRETY can end up restricting the imagination of our users a little, which would be counterproductive in a so-called story system like ours.

Following this train of thought, it should be obvious that we need to offer some liberties regarding the lore. What I'm going to ask is not what these liberties should be, but what they shouldn't be.

In other words, I want us to decide on the basic lore specifics that should be respected. The stuff you believe to be really basic, enough to mess up the way the universe should work if not followed.

You can also discuss other lore-related matters here, such as the issue with keyblades being for everyone or not, but I'd like to ask you to keep your attention in the essential stuff.

I'll ask again: What aspects of the lore must absolutely be respected? It could be an obvious question for some, but please give it some thought and answer, as this is the last thing we need to decide on before changing things.
Mohon
Mohon

Back to top Go down

Regarding the Lore Empty Re: Regarding the Lore

Post by WR-105 on May 30th 2014, 7:22 pm

We should not be allowed to control the actions of characters from the series. Anything, and everything, along those lines should be RP'd out, since we'd have to validate the topic, in order to ensure people aren't breaking the canon.

WR-105

Back to top Go down

Post by Belysa on May 30th 2014, 10:02 pm

Honestly? All of it needs to be respected. It's what makes up the universe we're RPing, and because it is so densely interconnected, ignoring one piece of it is eventually going to lead to ignoring a large bulk of it.

....Aaaaaand that's what happened in the past. It all started when Zexion thought it'd be a good idea to summon an Ice Titan....for some reason....

So let's avoid the subject completely. If the game says it's law, it's law--simple and clean.
(OH HO HO SEE WUT I DID THAT WITH THAT PUN I AM SO CLEVER.)

"Complaining about people complaining always fixes major issues! Let's do that instead of trying to find a collective solution by talking it out amongst ourselves as a community and point fingers instead of taking responsibility for our actions! While we're at it, let's attempt to satirize and/or demonize everybody who attempt to make a suggestion! Man, we are way better at this than those other people with experience who are trying to help!"

All RP's with Belysa in them are SUSPENDED for activity until further notice.
[Clickable]
Belysa
Belysa

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace Kageki on May 31st 2014, 12:04 am

I'm ready.

So what if the worlds are closed? We'll open then up through story.

Also, Canons should be playable again. They should also be taken into account alot more often.

Back to top Go down

Post by Etzolix on May 31st 2014, 12:11 am

The issue with canons was that most people who ended up applying for them weren't getting approved, therefore, we only had two to three canons at most.

That was why the rent-a-canon system was created, but it was done poorly. We should've given incentive to include them.

Anyway, we should still include a similar system, however, the topic would have to be validated after completion, just to make sure that someone didn't break canon (whether in game or on site).

We also could have people rent them extensively, like how people used to get approved for canons. Obviously, you can't rent them if someone has an approved version, but I don't see why we can't include both systems. It'd allow for flexibility amongst those who want to RP with them.
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Terami on May 31st 2014, 12:49 am

I think we could honestly be able to make heartless and nobodies in less traditional ways. Just because the source material doesn't say we can't (As far as I know) doesn't mean we can't, as long as the way is original in the terms of not dealing with canon characters and the like.
Terami
Terami

Back to top Go down

Post by Sicarius on May 31st 2014, 1:13 am

Orrr we could make our own species that is similar to heartless and nobodies. Avoid muddling up the lore while also being able to expand on the baddies as much as we want.

Back to top Go down

Post by Terami on May 31st 2014, 1:26 am

I am not dismissing creating our own enemies not at all, but we should restrict ourselves on the two more most common enemies that we do presently have.
Terami
Terami

Back to top Go down

Post by Mohon on May 31st 2014, 8:39 pm

As Milo said, I believe that we should have a similar system to "Rent-a-Canon", but done properly, so we aren't left without the possibility of using canons for our plots.

As for the Heartless-Nobodies thing, I don't believe it'd break canon to make them in less traditional ways, as long as these changes don't affect what was already stablished. We should be able to play with different shapes and powers when it comes to them. But there's no reason we can't do the "original enemies" thing too. I think it could actually serve pretty well as some sort of "universal element" that could link the worlds, at least in a vague way, thus giving our characters more reasons (and methods) to venture outside.

I think there aren't many other urgent points regarding the lore (unless you bring up more after all this time, in which case, please post it in the suggestions section). Things such as keyblades being for everyone or not or the system for managing canons can be further discussed in future days. What's important is that we should all be clear in: 1) respecting the canons and their rightful place in their worlds, and 2) respecting the state of affairs that a reboot would bring down on us (n other words, worlds being unaware of each other, thus making traveling harder and that our characters can't treat it as an everyday thing, as we've been doing up to this point).

Also, not really lore related, but us who completely understand the situation should help those who don't and those who'll join in our community in the future. As long as we all support each other, we should be able to make this a success.
Mohon
Mohon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace Kageki on May 31st 2014, 9:04 pm

^Agreed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: