I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Marionette
Site Reboot & New System Open Poll - Page 2 EmptyDecember 2nd 2018, 2:31 pm by +/-

» suck on my magnum dong
Site Reboot & New System Open Poll - Page 2 EmptyOctober 18th 2018, 9:25 pm by Gemini

» It's my birthday.
Site Reboot & New System Open Poll - Page 2 EmptyOctober 4th 2018, 8:20 pm by Gemini

» EW
Site Reboot & New System Open Poll - Page 2 EmptySeptember 9th 2018, 3:53 am by Gemini

» What are Your Current Plans for Your Character?
Site Reboot & New System Open Poll - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 11th 2018, 7:33 pm by Chastelle

Statistics
We have 3557 registered users
The newest registered user is Shirou Seeker of Duckness

Our users have posted a total of 143994 messages in 12544 subjects

Site Reboot & New System Open Poll

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Site Reboot & New System Open Poll - Page 2 Empty Re: Site Reboot & New System Open Poll

Post by Pōn on May 29th 2014, 4:56 pm

Belysa wrote:People have wanted multiple characters for a LONG time. This is why the partner character system was invented in the first place; it allowed people to 'create' more than one 'character'.

And honestly, it wasn't so horrible....until people started abusing the fuck out of it. (That seems to happen a lot around here.)

Three, maybe four slots is all we'd need max. Otherwise it's going to be difficult to keep track of who is who, and we have a less likely chance of people dropping off the face of the earth in terms of people entering topics, and then simply not responding.

Limiting characters for convenience is not something I'd like to see happen. And even then you could just have a rule that requires people to list all their characters within their signature.

Also you seem to be trying to make objective points yet haven't listed any evidence. Please show me at least two or three topics where extra characters were abused recently. It's much more convenient than having to have others sort through the topic -- especially when it's your point that you're trying to make Pinky. If you don't we can't take the statements you've been making about them being abused seriously and as such your point may only fall upon deaf ears. Thank you.

Last edited by Amelia Star on May 29th 2014, 5:04 pm; edited 3 times in total

[23:23:32] Dr. Wattson : GUYS THE PLANET IS GETTING HOT
[23:23:36] Dr. Wattson : "it's called summer retard"
[23:23:41] Dr. Wattson : NO FUCKFACE
[23:23:43] Dr. Wattson : LIKE FUCK YOU
[23:23:46] Dr. Wattson : WE WOULDNT MAKE THIS UP
[23:23:52] Dr. Wattson : YOU THINK THIS IS HTE BEST THING WE CUOLD MAKE UP TO SCARE YOU?
[23:23:56] Dr. Wattson : WE COULD JUST CREATE A NEW AIDS FUCK YOU
[23:23:58] Dr. Wattson : WE'RE SCIENTISTS
[23:24:07] Dr. Wattson : (how i imagine the conversation of global warming came up)
[23:24:12] Dr. Wattson : went***
Pōn
Pōn

Back to top Go down

Site Reboot & New System Open Poll - Page 2 Empty Re: Site Reboot & New System Open Poll

Post by Ace Kageki on May 29th 2014, 4:57 pm

We goto the same school, so it could be that. *shrugs*

I invited him here a while back.

Back to top Go down

Post by WR-105 on May 29th 2014, 4:59 pm

Documentation of accounts and characters would have to happen. At least, Staff would have to know, so they could monitor behavior.

Yeah, that would explain the shared IP on some posts.
WR-105

Back to top Go down

Post by Harumi/Blossom on May 29th 2014, 5:58 pm

Site reboot with Etzolix's proposed system that focuses on the story. Cause I love stories~ Infinite characters allowed and restrictions lifted. :)

[18:04:47] * MorpheusZero shoves an oreo up his ass then farts it out like a cannon
Harumi/Blossom
Harumi/Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post by zdynasty on May 29th 2014, 6:47 pm

I have said this millons of times but infinity characters YES

number story system
*cough* maybe *cough*

the most useless signature in the world I belive
zdynasty
zdynasty

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenos on May 29th 2014, 7:55 pm

Changing my vote:

Reboot. Etzolix's system. Focus on story. Infinite characters.

Make everything bird.

Back to top Go down

Post by WR-105 on May 29th 2014, 8:30 pm

Hm. No reboot, with Etz's system supplemental to the story system.
WR-105

Back to top Go down

Post by WR-105 on May 29th 2014, 9:22 pm

Actually, idc if it's combat or story, tbh. As long as my system is implemented. LOL, sounds egotistical.
WR-105

Back to top Go down

Post by Terami on May 29th 2014, 10:07 pm

I don't care what goes on really. I would like to keep it as much story based as possible, but whatever. The free reign on character numbers does sound pleasing though
Terami
Terami

Back to top Go down

Post by WR-105 on May 29th 2014, 10:59 pm

Keep in mind, with the reboot, there is no free travel between the worlds, since they aren't aware of each other. That would have to be developed over time and whatnot.
WR-105

Back to top Go down

Post by Mohon on May 29th 2014, 11:04 pm

He doesn't mean we can't travel through worlds, just that we can't simply treat it as an everyday thing. Our characters can stumble upon gummi ships in their stories or learn of the existence of other worlds through different ways.
Mohon
Mohon

Back to top Go down

Post by Yima on May 29th 2014, 11:05 pm

This limited knowledge would extend to all characters in some degree, along with portaling, and the kind of everyday knowledge that is free to many characters now about everything from heartless to keyblades to cannon characters.  This would also mean keybladers would be required to operate by cannon rules so there wouldn't be many keybladers around.  Knowledge of how to make gummi ships, the parts uses, or impoertance of them would also be a mystery likely sifted off as unimportant squishy objects.

With responsibility for moderation in everyone's hands we will also need to make sure that is not broken away from in a unfitting manner for the sake of convenience.

"There is a fine line between genius and insanity; I use it as a jumping rope"

Feel free to send me any feedback you have about site and or ideas.  ^_^

If you have a topic that you want to discus at length to improve the site please do so in the suggestion section so we can all be a part and move forward from there together.

An Amv I Like
Yima
Yima

Back to top Go down

Post by Mohon on May 29th 2014, 11:31 pm

But still, there are many ways characters can find out about different worlds, heartless, keyblades and gummi ships. One just needs to properly explain how they do it without breaking the lore.

However, this is probably something most didn't think of. I personally didn't realize the entirety of what a reboot like this would involve until just recently. Thus, I believe we should keep the discussion up a little longer, see what everyone thinks and hear out doubts.
Mohon
Mohon

Back to top Go down

Post by WR-105 on May 29th 2014, 11:54 pm

Yeah, it seemed as if there were a lot of rushed thoughts, where people didn't think things through.
WR-105

Back to top Go down

Post by Jace on May 30th 2014, 12:18 am

Say reboot Etzolixs system.

Vote ing for a story based system.

STORY ALL THE WAY!
Jace
Jace

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace Kageki on May 30th 2014, 9:11 am

I was originally using canons in my History, when I found out they weren't allowed I changed it to (a horrible story) OCs. In this story I somehow end up in Radiant Garden, but it doesn't say how or when. I just wake up in a crashed ship.

Do to this my character must have either been on a different world. Or have been somewhere far from Hallow Bastion itself.

I also was "in" a gummi ship which will hint that world travel could be possible. It could also lead to me looking for ways to fix the ship. So free travel would be hard, sure. But that's what will make it fun, hopefully discovering something beautiful, rather than just being handed it.

Am I right?

Last edited by Ander on May 30th 2014, 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Mohon on May 30th 2014, 9:52 am

As Ander said. Making your character fit this universe and finding a way to allow him/her to travel between worlds and do all that KHish stuff is fun on itself.
Mohon
Mohon

Back to top Go down

Post by Yima on May 30th 2014, 1:20 pm

It would also need to be able to fit with franchise cannon which is rather rigid and a bunch of amnesia/not knowing how it happened but it did will create a similar issue to not being able to explain why down the road with little more than.. it was easier that way so we did it for convenience which is against what the reboot woudl do to the rules of the kh franchise universe what we will be having to make a unified effort to emulate here by following the franchise cannon.

"There is a fine line between genius and insanity; I use it as a jumping rope"

Feel free to send me any feedback you have about site and or ideas.  ^_^

If you have a topic that you want to discus at length to improve the site please do so in the suggestion section so we can all be a part and move forward from there together.

An Amv I Like
Yima
Yima

Back to top Go down

Post by Sicarius on May 30th 2014, 2:09 pm

If the reboot goes through, we could define the beginning of the new universe with something that changes everything.

Below is an idea I have, though not really relevant.
Set the site in the future suggestion:
We could set the site to take place one year after the events of Kingdom Hearts 3. In the KH series, most of Sora's adventures are witnessed by very few people, with the exception being maybe saving China with Mulan. Nobody on the worlds really know who Sora is, or what he has accomplished. The worlds he saved in the first game don't even know that they were saved because everyone didn't even know their world was lost (exceptions being the summons, which were special cases).

So, what this meas is that the events that will take place in KH 3 probably won't be known to everybody in the worlds. Of course, this is just a hypothesis and more of a whim of mine so we can fill the blanks later / not contradict anything that happened in the third game.

At the beginning of the site, there could be some mysterious force that creates open pathways between the worlds. As of KH1, there should be no travel between worlds to my knowledge, except by portalling or the pathways exclusive to Sora. These are brand new pathways, as to not contradict the events in KH1 or KH2. This allows travel between worlds without everybody conveniently knowing how to portal and etc...This also means that while the pathways are open, not everybody knows about other worlds and not everybody can instantly travel. People still have to find they're own way to go to different worlds, but it's easier to not contradict lore. It can also be developed into a site-wide plot that can focus on familiarizing people with the existence of other worlds, or just some site-wide plot to explain why.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mohon on May 30th 2014, 2:22 pm

I agree we should define the beginning of our new universe with something "special". I mean, sure, we can reboot and start a year or two after KH3, but there should be something to mark this start, something that at least opens a door for our characters to start moving and exploring. Sicarius' idea, though a bit more fleshed out, could work.

There are some other things we should take into consideration as well. If we DEFINITELY don't want to contradict lore, then we first need to see which worlds would actually be avalible for us. Technically, the End of the World shouldn't exist, as it was created with the remnants of the already-restored worlds. There's a similar problem with Traverse Town, though it's not required for us to eliminate it: Traverse Town is a world that appears when it's needed to give shelter to people who have lost their worlds. After the end of KH1, it was supposed to have been put to "sleep" and it only became accessible in the dream world of 3D. However, if some of our background stories involve our worlds being destroyed, then that'd be reason enough for Traverse Town to appear.

There should be a few others, such as Heartless and Nobodies not being as numerous as before because of KH2. Lore-wise mythical beings are a-ok (Cerberus, dragons in the land of dragons, etc), as well as gods (Joshua from The World Ends With You, who made his appearance in 3D, IS something like an omnipotent god).

In my honest opinion though, I think we should try to avoid restricting ourselves too much to follow canon.
Mohon
Mohon

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshira on May 30th 2014, 2:29 pm

If we did go with the reboot, would we implement the old rules about keyblades, so as to make them not as common and fit the lore better?
Noshira
Noshira

Back to top Go down

Post by Pōn on May 30th 2014, 3:12 pm

Noshira wrote:If we did go with the reboot, would we implement the old rules about keyblades, so as to make them not as common and fit the lore better?

It's perfectly fine as it is imo. Lore-wise we're only a small portion of the countless people throughout the KH universe.

[23:23:32] Dr. Wattson : GUYS THE PLANET IS GETTING HOT
[23:23:36] Dr. Wattson : "it's called summer retard"
[23:23:41] Dr. Wattson : NO FUCKFACE
[23:23:43] Dr. Wattson : LIKE FUCK YOU
[23:23:46] Dr. Wattson : WE WOULDNT MAKE THIS UP
[23:23:52] Dr. Wattson : YOU THINK THIS IS HTE BEST THING WE CUOLD MAKE UP TO SCARE YOU?
[23:23:56] Dr. Wattson : WE COULD JUST CREATE A NEW AIDS FUCK YOU
[23:23:58] Dr. Wattson : WE'RE SCIENTISTS
[23:24:07] Dr. Wattson : (how i imagine the conversation of global warming came up)
[23:24:12] Dr. Wattson : went***
Pōn
Pōn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace Kageki on May 30th 2014, 3:12 pm

^^ We should implement old keyblade rules.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sicarius on May 30th 2014, 3:51 pm

In an attempt to avoid contradicting the lore of Heartless and Nobodies (e.g. humanoid heartless other than Ansem, random nobodies with Organization Cloaks), we could create a third, separate species that we can use as things to fight and become and etc...

For example, we could make a species called the Forgotten, which is somebody who has "forgotten" their heart and has been taken over by their heart's nature. If somebody who is of Darkness "forgets" their heart, they then become consumed by their darkness and become a monstrous being. If somebody is of Fire, they would become a fire-type of Forgotten. A humanoid Forgotten could be somebody who had a  strong heart but doesn't remember what their heart was. Or something along the lines.

It gives us a chance to spin our own stories in the KH universe without having to be restricted by our limited knowledge of Heartless and Nobodies. We could also tie it in with making the beginning special and being the reason why new pathways have opened.

Edit: I forgot to mention that the users would be able to expand upon the custom species however they want, as long as it doesn't contradict previous lore established.

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshira on May 30th 2014, 4:50 pm

Ander wrote:^^ We should implement old keyblade rules.

I agree, because it actually made keyblades mean something special instead of just a regular weapon. I liked that you had to do a dive to the heart because it made you have to do something for such a special weapon.
Noshira
Noshira

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next