» Marionette
Your site, your opinions  - Page 2 EmptyDecember 2nd 2018, 2:31 pm by +/-

» suck on my magnum dong
Your site, your opinions  - Page 2 EmptyOctober 18th 2018, 9:25 pm by Gemini

» It's my birthday.
Your site, your opinions  - Page 2 EmptyOctober 4th 2018, 8:20 pm by Gemini

» EW
Your site, your opinions  - Page 2 EmptySeptember 9th 2018, 3:53 am by Gemini

» What are Your Current Plans for Your Character?
Your site, your opinions  - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 11th 2018, 7:33 pm by Chastelle

Statistics
We have 3557 registered users
The newest registered user is Shirou Seeker of Duckness

Our users have posted a total of 143994 messages in 12544 subjects

Your site, your opinions

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Your site, your opinions  - Page 2 Empty Re: Your site, your opinions

Post by Noshira on May 26th 2014, 7:56 pm

But we're not roleplaying normal citizens, we're roleplaying people who are able to travel between worlds and fight heartless. I'm not saying the characters should take priority over the story, the characters just have to have their own depth that can exist outside of a plot. characters can be created for plots, but they should be able to carry on after the plot is finished and stand on their own.

That was just an example, I don't expect things like that to happen. And if it did happen, I would hope the community would help to them fix and develop the character.
Noshira
Noshira

Back to top Go down

Post by WR-105 on May 26th 2014, 7:59 pm

Yes, we are. We're roleplaying the travelers, the normal citizens, we're roleplaying with the world, not just characters. That's the issue, it became about the characters not the worlds. All characters are plots, and no, I don't condone making characters specifically for plots and never mentioning them again. I'd really enjoy meeting an NPC and then going back to that world and then meeting them again. That's what makes the worlds real, but we don't have that. We have characters who only travel the worlds and find no challenges because of the aforementioned systems and stigmas.

And the reason I bring things up is because it's already happened. These have been consistent issues on the site that needs to be addressed and fixed, so that way the mentality of the community prevents any of this.
WR-105

Back to top Go down

Post by Belysa on May 26th 2014, 8:31 pm

Ander wrote:
Worlds like EOTW will need a ruler, the heartless follow Lenneth as of right now. Don't know if that's gonna change though e.e . Cause I would think Ansem would he them again.

If we do the DDD dream realm idea it could be cool. We could have woken up to all of that stuff we did as a dream. But when we actaully run into each other it's gonna be badass. (If we're aware.)

I believe and trust the community can get better, I believe this. *shrugs.* I do know that isn't perfect and might never be. But in all honesty... I don't think it can get lower than it already is. I feel like I am one of the bug reasons it's bad, since I nearly always spark arguments.
---

I also think we should have an appearance change, I know some people who code, who can help out with that.

Oh and Death should be a thing again. Unless like you make a descriptive post that legitly makes sence... (Personal opinion)

I have to agree with all of the things described here. I'd also be happy to make an advertisement for you guys so that we can attract a traffic flow of RPers into here.
I think if we write better characters with good personality, motives, and history, and put all of this in the respective lore and don't IGNORE that lore for the sake of our own plots, we might have a good chance of giving this place the jolt of energy it needs.

I don't think the community is bad. I think the community is bored, and a little lazy and that's WHY it's bad. Younger players aren't getting the help they need. I would suggest a mentor system, where older players RP with assigned persons who feel like they could use more practice, and in OOC, the more experienced RPers can tell their partner what to improve on.
And I personally would be happy as one of the first volunteers for such a system.

I would also like to suggest you gather a collective group of people that the staff knows can write a compelling and interesting plot together. I think that way those people can check one another's work, brainstorm, and come up with something that would be fun and interesting for everybody.
Like, I would LOVE to see some old site traditions (Like St. White's Day, the official birthday of the site that nobody seems to remember anymore, or the Christmas Ball) make a return. Those sorts of events were always good for people to gather up and just have fun.

My main concern is with canons and power levels, however. I'd really like to see canons come back, and I am seriously worried that the people who are powerful now are going to stay in power.
That's boring, and I worry it'll scare people off when they come across people like Onyx and Etzolix who can literally take out small armies without much of an effort.

Uh no. That's bullshit, pardon my French. If Sora can't take out 1000 Heartless without backup, you shouldn't be able to either. A LOT of the older characters need to be looked at and hit firmly with a nerf bat. It is the PRIMARY reason that I am not putting Pinky back on this site.

Other than that--I have absolutely no objections to this plan.

"Complaining about people complaining always fixes major issues! Let's do that instead of trying to find a collective solution by talking it out amongst ourselves as a community and point fingers instead of taking responsibility for our actions! While we're at it, let's attempt to satirize and/or demonize everybody who attempt to make a suggestion! Man, we are way better at this than those other people with experience who are trying to help!"

All RP's with Belysa in them are SUSPENDED for activity until further notice.
[Clickable]
Belysa
Belysa

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshira on May 26th 2014, 8:35 pm

I agree, the importance of the worlds has been lessened and people are really attached to their characters. But after using a character for a while, people are going to form attachments to them. And if a character is created for use in plot, it can't just disappear after that plot is over. If people did that, and repeated it, there would have to be some sort of penalty for it. Characters are vessels to tell stories, but that is going too far.
I agree that NPC's should have a bigger role, they open up a lot of avenues for roleplaying. Maybe we could agree on established NPC's in the worlds that aren't RP'd by any specific person, but anyone can RP them in their plot if needed. And for challenges, other people can be those challenges, which could be a plot. Or maybe it could be an evil NPC that creates a plot to fight against them.
Noshira
Noshira

Back to top Go down

Post by WR-105 on May 26th 2014, 10:41 pm

ETZOLIX CAN'T EVEN KILL A PERSON. HE SUCKS. HE ONLY FAILS. *cries*

Anyway, yeah, we just need to establish what we actually want to do, before we get ahead of ourselves. We need to actually, uh, decide as a community what we want to do. Communication is Key...blade. Ha..ha..guys?...guys? :c
WR-105

Back to top Go down

Post by Oriel on May 27th 2014, 3:02 am

I'm totally for the reboot y'all. Clean slate, lifted restrictions and the number/stat system.

Don't have time to write out deep opinions so I'll just leave it at that.

Your site, your opinions  - Page 2 Untitled-4
Oriel
Oriel

Back to top Go down

Post by WR-105 on May 27th 2014, 3:20 am

Personally for the reboot, but I'm fine it doesn't go through too.

Anyway, I'm really fond of keeping it a story system, while using the numbers as a supplement to have people understand where everyone is.

Don't care if we have to force the struggle or not, but if we decide to keep it in the current system, where power is up for grabs based on the character, then we can make a template people have to follow, which helps us include everything necessary.

That way we keep the whole base stats and levels to help keep track of where everyone is, while preventing people seeming like they're good at everything, which there are complaints of.
WR-105

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul:) on May 27th 2014, 6:39 am

I see you Milo, Nice pun ;D.

Psyche!.. Jk Jk

Anyways, I think if we can just get ready an situated, were ready to reboot. Just about everyone who's active, who wants to give their opinion, has given their opinion. So whenever the transaction can get started; and I think I'm speaking for everyone when I say.
WE ARE READY.

Also I might not get to be around all summer. So if I just up and disappear, I have a reason. Anyways just thought i'd say that.
Paul:)
Paul:)

Back to top Go down

Post by Yima on May 27th 2014, 9:26 pm

Some observations on reboot or not to reboot options:

Concise Version:
There are two options presented to us: Rebooting or not Rebooting. We’re aware of the connotations of the former, but I’d like to explore the latter.
In either instance, we’d need proper documentation of site events, however, we should first examine our current site history.

We break off from the main timeline at the end of KH II. We have become a grim-dark variation of the game, where there is an absence of heroes, allowing the Organization to thrive.

Without direct opposition, The Cloaked Schemer created the Oblivion Empire, with his iron grip grasped around the worlds. During a time of scarce magic, even when compared to the games, he also created artifacts of condensed darkness.

Roxas created a force to oppose Zexion, which was called The Republic. This means Sora was not yet whole.
On top of this, they lost many battles against the empire, which could be attributed to an information network that may have included leaders of The Republic.

When the war was over, the only leaders left were Roxas and Xehanort’s Heartless, whom had taken an active role in the war.

As time went on, The Empire set traps to lure potential competition, hoping to preemptively extinguish future threats. Eventually, The Empire would break under its own weight, it’s leader vanishing, leaving Riku, an active participant in the war, to take the reigns. Despite this, The Empire still fell, although successfully harvesting more hearts than Xemnas had with their own false Kingdom Hearts.

The independent forces that remained, after The Empire’s disintegration, had become interested in their own goals, causing mayhem and chaos until their eventual departure.

Within all that time, the worlds had been forcefully connected to travel and knowledge of such became common. Without an order of dedicated bears to pass on the blade, Keyblades became much more active, choosing their own bearers without much guidance, their owners often dying or succumbing to darkness.

Recently, Xehanort’s Heartless has taken himself away from the center stage, despite his activity throughout the years, even abandoning his family. This leads me to believe, it could have been part of the Xanatos Gambit. This could be attributed to the phrase, “The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convince the world he did not exist.”
Considering the above, as well as information received from Dream Drop Distance, we can assume he was searching for the best possible outcome, which allows his plans to succeed.

Without Sora’s influence, Riku became a monster devoid of humanity; a very accepting vessel for Xehanort. The entirety of the Organization is still under his control, excluding Xemnas, whose death was necessary for his rebirth.

With the time that’s passed, they could have managed to sift through the worlds for the Princesses of Heart, excluding Jasmine, who had recently been played by a member and Kairi, who had remained a close friend of Riku’s during a majority of The Empire. While sifting through for princesses, they were likely removing potential threats, ensuring only the necessary amount of lights were left for creation of the X-Blade.

Sora’s multiple appearances on site have had him without guidance or any real power, leaving him a non-issue.

This also means the Key Bearers from BBS are all put away, excluding Yen-Sid, who has kept his head low, seemingly gone, likely searching for bearers who could combat Xehanort, in direct opposition for the birth of the X-Blade.

Only recently would Xehanort would have had to take center stage himself to secure his prize, and ensure the final process to its fruition, since forces outside his own doing have often stepped into the spotlight.

Unabridged Version:
I have been thinking about the two options we are focusing on in terms of rebooting or not rebooting.  The first is obvious in what it would entail but I wanted to know what the latter would entail; in either case we would need to keep better documentation then we have.  This brings me to believe that a examination of the site history needs to take place as well as its importance or use to us especially when Kingdom Hearts Three rolls out.

From the perspective that Xehanort is still a force in the worlds and has been prepping for his end game the entire time we have been taking actions on site.  So let's start at the point in the kingdom hearts time where the site originally branched off immediately after Kingdom Hearts 2.  

We have the potential to be a grim-dark variation from the franchise cannon in that when we started there was a absence of the heroes that had brought the organization to its original end without their presence the organization began to reappear without any true form of direct opposition feeling out the worlds and gathering information.  From there the Cloaked Schemer created the Oblivion Empire from with a iron grip was placed over the worlds within its control as well as the creation of objects of power derived from darkness condensed to a heavily concentrated state; magic in the worlds at the time was very scarce mighty mages only being able to call upon very little magical force especially when compared to the games.  Xemnas once again created Organization 13 aiming to gather his thirteen members and complete his plans for the heart shaped moon (false kingdom hearts) as he had before; in these he never succeeded before his death many years down the road.  A force was created by Roxas who had also reemerged mean Sora would not be whole at that point to oppose Zexion called the republic that decidedly lost the vast majority of its battles against the empire of oblivion which could be attributed to the greater force the empire possessed as well as their information network which may or may not have included leaders in the Republic.  When the war was over the only leaders left on the Republic side where Roxas and Xehanort's Heartless whom had taken an active role during the war in both planning and combat while the empire took a firm grip on the majority of the worlds instilling their will.  

As time went on the empire set traps to lure in potential competition for its hold over the worlds silencing would be threats before they became a threat.  Further down the road the empire began to break down under its own weight as its leader vanished Riku who had been an active participant in the empire holding the highest position under Zexion took the reigns quickly consolidating as much power as possible in a false kingdom hearts built in much the same principle as the one Xemnas had been given credit for though far more successful with the vast numbers of hearts freed from both beating chests and heartless alike in the empire's reign.  Though with time and under its own weight the empire broke down to its most potent parts all interested solely in their own goals causing mayhem and chaos through the worlds until they left the main stage.  

In all that time the worlds had been forcefully connected for travel, knowledge of such became common among those that survived the wars, heartless invasions, and continuations of projects originally conceived by Xemnas such as nobodies that retained their minds.  Keyblades also without an order of dedicated bearers to pass on the blades became much more active over time choosing their own bearers though without guidance many who did bear them either perished or succumbed to darkness if they were not already supporting it.  

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/XanatosGambitDiagram_7509.jpg
Recently Xehanort's heartless has taken himself away from the center stage having been here for the entirety of the time from start to the point he left even having a family... which is odd but all of this makes me think of the trope xanatos gambit in which one does not choose a path to victory but that all paths will lead them to victory.  The lat bit about xehanort's heartless having a family could be attributed to the phrase, “the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convince the world he did not exist “.  Everything that has happened on a grand scale has been to the benefit of Xehanort if you take just a little time to consider the above meaning it is nearly time for end game (KH3) and what has occurred was our birth by sleep  in which Xehanort has gotten a nigh best case scenario for success because the only way you can beat a xanatos chess-master is by introducing a new element to the equation being us as members.  

Considering cannon characters Riku without Sora became a monster devoid of his humanity who subsisted off his object of condensed darkness for years replacing parts of him that where injured with almost instant speed further making him a creature of darkness... in hindsight with his heart the way it is he would be a very accepting vessel for Xehanort now.  The entirety of the organization is still under his control minus Xemnas who's death is necessary for his rebirth and each or even at half a decade they could meet in TWTNW planning especially with things going as well of them sifting through the worlds for the princesses of heart who were displaced and removing potential threats/making sure that only the necessary number of lights existed for the x-blade xehanort had desired all along.  Right now the only princess we had accounted for in all this time was Jasmin (likely still hiding from oodles of things) and Kairi who was close friends with Riku all through the empire's time; Sora spared is lost in the worlds without guidance or any real power at his disposal each time he has been seen making him a non-issue for the old keyblade master.  This also means that the keyblade bearers from birth by sleep are all put away with exception to Yen-Sid who has kept his head low seeming to not be anywhere despite the fact that if he left the tower that world would vanish meaning he has been locked into that location all along monitoring the worlds waiting or the opportunity to train new bearers who could combat Xehanort whom would want that as a way of revealing his required opposition for the birth of the x-blade.

Only recently would Xehanort would have had to take center stage himself to secure his prize and ensure the final process to its fruition since forces outside his own doing have themselves taken center stage to the current events of the worlds.

"There is a fine line between genius and insanity; I use it as a jumping rope"

Feel free to send me any feedback you have about site and or ideas.  ^_^

If you have a topic that you want to discus at length to improve the site please do so in the suggestion section so we can all be a part and move forward from there together.

An Amv I Like
Yima
Yima

Back to top Go down

Post by Sicarius on May 27th 2014, 9:53 pm

I honestly don't get the purpose of your dark-variation option, at least with how it satisfies the people who want a reboot. From what I figured, there was never the question of, "How the hell did we end up so diverged from the main canon?" The problem with the current iteration of the site is that we've diverged so far from canon in terms of lore, concepts, and etc... I mean, we had an randomly "emo" Sora and a randomly "evil" Kairi. The issue is that Sora should never randomly be emo and Kairi should never randomly be evil. We don't need some master puppeteer revealed to justify how we didn't stick to the plot of the games. We couldn't have predicted the future, so it only makes sense that our canon didn't match KH's canon.

This also seems to kind of trivialize our history and kind of alter it. You're basically saying, "Oh look, this was actually all part of a long-game plan by some canon villain even though nothing of the sort was actually planned at the time, hehehe." I don't know, I just don't like the idea of altering the history books to make it seem like everything that happened was part of a brilliant plan, even if that's what they basically did with the games (I'm looking at you, DDD). I'd rather start from scratch.

TL;DR: I want a reboot so we don't have to constantly have to live up (or attempt to avoid repeating) the past. So we don't have to compare ourselves with the god-like warriors, Yima, Lenneth/Hrist, and Morpheus. This site has been dragged down so much by our glorified past and I think it's time we finally move on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Azmot on May 27th 2014, 9:57 pm

Reboot, stat system so I can abuse and beat people. Rewards ingenuity versus giving everyone the Godslayer and keys to whatever doomsday device they want, which all in the end don't mean anything bc even tho story you can't affect anything at all. This system is butt so lets just reboot. In that regard, it doesn't matter if we do a final retcon or not - it would just be justifying an uneventful site into making it seem as if things actually happened. Lets just stay true to it and leave it incomplete so no one is satisfied - that way our history is just like the site.

Pull the plug and lets start from scratch.
Azmot
Azmot

Back to top Go down

Post by Belysa on May 28th 2014, 1:44 am

Azmot wrote:Reboot, stat system so I can abuse and beat people. Rewards ingenuity versus giving everyone the Godslayer and keys to whatever doomsday device they want, which all in the end don't mean anything bc even tho story you can't affect anything at all. This system is butt so lets just reboot. In that regard, it doesn't matter if we do a final retcon or not - it would just be justifying an uneventful site into making it seem as if things actually happened. Lets just stay true to it and leave it incomplete so no one is satisfied - that way our history is just like the site.

Pull the plug and lets start from scratch.

In green: NOTHING on this planet pisses me off more than that sentence right there. I am quite literally seething in my chair at so much as GLANCING at that sentence.
Nothing actually happened?
I mean really?

Do you understand what a sentence like that means to someone like me--someone who's been here since 2008 and SEEN almost EVERYTHING that's ever happened here on this website come into fruition?
That sentence is an ENORMOUS "fuck you".
What it should say is "nothing actually happened to ME." Which, could be a FAIRLY accurate edit. You've been around for a while--I know you from the reboot. If nothing has actually happened to YOU, it's because YOU have failed to do anything about it.

Because the people who DID participate in those threads that make up that history? The people who DID make things happen? There's a reason why they're up there.

Same goes with you Sicarius. Just because you weren't there doesn't mean it's not important.
And you know what? We SHOULD live up to an expectation. We SHOULD be living up to a GOAL of what we SHOULD be doing. Because right now?

As a general whole? You guys's writing is hilariously bad. It is fucking TERRIBLE.
If anything else you freaking SHOULD be aspiring to hit the high notes of the so-called "over-glorified" past. Because right now, you guys are bad at writing, and you should FEEL BAD. I actually used some examples from this website on what NOT to do when RPing. It used to be the COMPLETE OPPOSITE OF THAT.

I'm being extremely blunt because I CARE, not because I'm attempting to be malicious. I'm not the only person who thinks this, but as usual, I am the only person who says anything. When I say "you" I mean just...as someone who is on the outside looking in--just "you" as in the general whole of the site, and not just Azmot. I like being blunt. I *don't* like hurting people's feelings.

Also in red? That's why we have an issue.
Everybody wants to be important! Everybody wants to stand out. Nobody gives a shit about the STORY, or interesting characters anymore! Let's beat up things! Who cares if it makes sense?
And everybody here is guilty of it. There are LITERALLY no exceptions to this. This wasn't always bad, when characters were interesting and had motives that made sense, and interacted with one another in a way that doesn't remind me of cardboard.
But the single paragraph posts and the bland, drawling, BORING context of anything that comes out of people's mouths (to which NOBODY is excluded from, not even the STAFF,) is driving me fucking crazy. I can't stand it. I HATE it. It makes me wish I could morph into Godzilla and eat people when they do that crap. But junk food makes my stomach hurt. Also, I cannot morph into Godzilla.

It tells me that you are LAZY. It tells me that you can't even rack your brain for thirty seconds to come up with a decent post. That laziness is a HUGE factor in why we are all afflicted with the world's worst disease: motherf*cking boredom.

Don't people understand that the people who were remembered as notable weren't stuck there because they were badass, or liked more, or posted more, or were stronger, or blew up more things? They were noticeable and noteworthy because THEY WERE INTERESTING. They made characters that went OUTSIDE the lines of normalcy!

Morpheus Zero is an EXCELLENT example.
He could have been just another....boring....run of the mill Nobody. But fuck that. He was a Nobody who was generated, a man-made Nobody, a test subject prior to the Replicas to make more Nobodies for the Organization, an event which was later dumped by the Organization because apparently kidnapping people, torturing them until death, and trying to convert them to the Organization's side was too much of an effort.

Sounds badass to me. Everybody loves a revenge motif. Just look at Batman.

Take a look at Morph's profile sometime. LOOK AT ALL THE DETAIL he put into his PERSONALITY. Actions only define a character so much! It has to be built on a FOUNDATION. If your character is BORING and tries to do something fun, all you're going to get is BORING.
MorpheusZero did not do things like attack worlds and blow up buildings because he thought it would make him important. He did it because he felt his character liked to produce anarchy, had a GOOD REASON to want to do it (he was basically pissed off at the whole universe and felt like he'd gotten cheated out of life, basically,) and followed through with a VERY nice RP style that used a lot of big, pretty words, lots of description, and EXTREMELY BELIEVABLE DIALOG.

....and then there's you guys.

Let's talk about the shit in gold before I go off on a tangent.

You don't influence the story?
....What forum do you think you're on? 99% OF THE SITE'S HISTORY is people INFLUENCING THINGS. They went out and did things that (ONCE AGAIN) made sense with the character, made sense with their motives, their history, their personality, and so on and so forth.
I once again move to Morpheus Zero, who is proving to be a good enough example.

During a period known as "The Great War" Morpheus and his team of explosion-happy cohorts decided to drop by to the World that Never Was to blow it the hell up. TWTNW was neutral at the time, so it's not like they would have gained anything from hitting it, since the war was between the Republic and the Empire.
So WHY did Morpheus initiate an attack there?
To kill Xemnas.
Why did he want to kill Xemnas?
Because Xemnas was the one who ruined his life. It wasn't direct, because back then direct canon association was a huge no-no---but Xemnas inadvertently ruined his life.
Did Morpheus REMEMBER his life? No.
Did he constantly emo around and mope about it? No.
He got off his ass and said "I want revenge. I'm going to kill him, and everybody else who had the power to stop him, and didn't."
Morpheus's character essentially was kidnapped, and nobody noticed. Nobody noticed that his Somebody had been taken. Morpheus himself wanted to cause chaos and ruin, marking his name so that he would never be forgotten again.
He's like Axel, but fucking nuts.
OH HEY LOOK THAT MAKES SENSE IN A WAY THAT YOU CAN IDENTIFY WITH HIS CHARACTER.

If you can make a character that is realistic enough to have feelings and wants and needs and desires and emotions and goals that people can RELATE to, people will start to CARE about the character. If a person CARES about that character, they don't forget about them.
This is why you have people like J.R.R Tolkien, who is DEAD and still has MOVIES made after the shit he wrote DECADES LATER. People CARED about the characters he wrote because HE cared about them because HE wasn't being LAZY WITH HIS POSTS BOOK.

*huff huff huff*

*flips table* I can't even.

EVERYBODY is important if they MAKE themselves important. The question is, how do you STAND OUT? It's the ability to think outside the box with the things you know are canon to Kingdom Hearts. How can you make something that makes sense, and make it so that people CARE about it?
It's an art, not a science. Cheesy as it sounds, the best way to do it is with the heart, and then have your head proofread it so that it makes sense.

I'm not sure what to say or do to get people to understand where I'm coming from. It feels like I'm trying to wrestle a boar covered in grease in a rainstorm--I keep grasping at it, and the moronic mindset of people too stuck in their "me me me" universe keeps mucking things up.

This website has NEVER revolved around one person, or a set group of people, or a single plot set, or a single thread. It's always been about together. NONE of the people who were considered "important" ever did it by themselves. It's always about interacting with one another, playing off the traits and personalities of people's characters.

*flips more tables* I AM GOING IN CIRCLES.

You people get my point! I can't even really focus to stress out on any more of these points!
Reset the system. It's pretty much unanimous, so let's stop talking about it and just....do it. Forget about touching the history, and let's just go FORWARD. I am so sick of this "over-glorified/overlooked" debate. One day the people who are complaining about it in the first place might wake up and decide that they want to actually start accomplishing things too, and do it properly.

I have people who will contact me once this thing blows over...right now I can't even deal with the OOC shit, because of that kind of commentary. It makes me rage, hard--not for my sake, but for the people who were my friends who also put in time and effort.
And you say it doesn't matter.
It's like me shredding your college diploma. I mean, why should I care? It's not MY diploma.

And if you're going to remove ALL of that WORK and EFFORT that OTHER (better) writers put up here just because YOU'RE TOO LAZY--then you might as well build another site. Don't shit on the work of other people just because you feel like you can't overshoot it. The very idea of doing that to so many amazing creators is just fucking sickening to me.
The very idea you suggest it, makes me think less of you as an RPer. If you can't even appreciate the value of what other people can do, what the hell makes you think you're going to be able to create something that's worth us keeping for future generations of RPers to look at? There is a REASON all that effort lasted as long as it did. We could have gotten rid of it at any time, but we didn't.
Because we LIKED to look back and go "Look at all that stuff we accomplished. We weren't even really trying. C'mon, let's go RP some more. Let's keep building on what we've got."
All that stuff that "doesn't matter" is the LIFEBLOOD of the SITE. It's what kept it chugging along for SEVEN YEARS, long enough for you to drag your carcass over here, and tell us it doesn't matter.

That just....so....infuriates me.

I feel like you guys say this because the standard set in the past to you guys is like...a pole vaulting bar, and most of you have this manifestation of effort that's like a 300 lb midget. Because that's what I'm getting here. To be honest--the standards of the old days are NOT THAT HIGH.
In fact, I bet you every dollar I have in my bank account, I could do the EXACT same thing with a BRAND NEW CHARACTER. Because you know why?
....It's not the old days that are too OP. It's that you are too fucking lazy to strive and achieve that status. It does NOT TAKE THAT MUCH EFFORT to ACCOMPLISH things on this SITE!
It NEVER has.
That's why so many people MANAGED TO DO IT.
Because it was EASY.
And the reason it's not easy for you....
Is because you are LAZY.
I don't mean you as in Azmot and Siciarius, at least not entirely.
Because there are VERY FEW PEOPLE who are EXEMPTED from being lazy.
In fact the people who ARE OP right now are still lazy.
But they have an excuse for at least being lazy--nobody wants to fight them.
But that's not enough of an excuse.
Because some of them post like lazy fucks too.
But seriously, most people are just being lazy.
Shit happens and you make a post and nobody responds to it: either you were too lazy with the post to make it interesting enough to join, or people are too lazy to join topics.
We need to fix that shit.
Go out and DO SOMETHING. Go do something your character would DO.
If all your character is good for is sitting around and talking and not accomplishing much....
You should consider REWRITING IT.

It's not the system's fault that you are incapable of accomplishing things.
It's not the past's fault that you can't become great.
It's not the staff's fault that you can't be as powerful.

It is the mindset that YOU CARRY on this site.

MORPHEUS believed that the character he wrote was powerful, but not TOO powerful. He became OP when he stuck with what he wanted, went through with things, and interacted with people to the point where his character GREW AND DEVELOPED to the point where he was meta as fuck.
And that DOES NOT HAPPEN HERE.
AND IT IS FRUSTRATING AS HELL.
Get up and DO SOMETHING.
Stop WAITING on ETZOLIX AND ONYX TO DO SOMETHING FOR YOU.
They are NOT HERE to PLOT FOR YOU.
They came here for the same reason you came here: to have fun.
Right now, nobody is having fun.
THEREFORE, there is an issue.
We had fun before.
We're not having fun now.
Maybe it's because I can hardly remember a time where I was EVER bored here.
Except now.
And a year ago when I warned everybody this was going to happen.

Goddamnit I am going in circles again.
I can't even.

*flips everything*
Club can't even handle me right now.
*flips you*
#YOLO
Belysa
Belysa

Back to top Go down

Post by Azmot on May 28th 2014, 7:48 am

Tl;Dr? (writing condescending response atm.)
Azmot
Azmot

Back to top Go down

Post by Terami on May 28th 2014, 9:29 am

I thought I was doing ok as a writer. Maybe I am, but Bel's post did wake me up saying I could be doing better. I want to be a good writer, but I know that I often try to take the short rout, or like what is starting to happen; I only put as much effort as someone else gives me, but this is another topic all together.

I haven't been on the site long enough to really know what happened in its hay day, but we should at least keep it as it is. I don't know about trying to condense it or anything like that so I won't touch that really.

I am the kind of guy that will go with the flow as to what the site does. I try my best to do with what I got. So I am good if we reboot or not. I can always rewrite my characters and make them better. I can always think through a characters motivations and backstory again and think how to elaborate.
Terami
Terami

Back to top Go down

Post by Azmot on May 28th 2014, 9:55 am

I'm glad you can talk about a single character who ended up being banned for reasons I would like to think contradicted your image of him, but I cannot remember.

Anyways, instead of making this some argument about what was good and bad about how the site was and is, I'm going to just point out a few things.

-As your PM entailed, I have been fucked over by a lot of people on the site's activities and OOC actions, as I have undoubtedly done to others in my time here. The member base has no motivation because the system didn't stick as we taught it.
-I've arguably been the most productive member not from the old site, except Shirou and a banned member by the name of Alexander, and with that I would argue.
-abuse is good. Having a system that rewards ones ability to maximize what you get makes people strive for more. I'm sorry if that slice of reality pisses you off.
-Nothing on the site, overall, has affected anything except from a few people. Because of the system, but moreso the member base, nothing that was done stuck and everything has basically been forgotten. Our affiliated sites MAKE FUN OF US because we have never had our shit together, because we're trying to copy an old site that was half really good rping and the other half boring one liners, yet somehow it had enough room for a full staff of baised asses that played favorites and crippled other members.
-not everyone has rose colored glasses and bittersweet memories of what you thought was great. Morph is a good guy, I like his character, and yeah, he put time into it. But I'll say it straight to his face that he is an ass who didn't respect any members - not that I even really blame him. It's a struggle for me to respect most everyone on site besides members like Mohon, Terami, and Ander, to name a few. People who are willing to try to do something.
-Just as a reminder, I've tried two times to start the site up again. Two separate wars involving carefully laid plans. And yes, while my activity isn't known for being the greatest, I tried a great deal before giving up. So tbh, you don't know how it is or was because of a warped view. I wasn't on the old site (thank god), and I've had at least 5 people who were (probably more because of old Skype group) that told me how fucking shit it was. So get infuriated, it doesn't matter - the only way this is even conducive to the topic is me explaining that the system sucked and in some ways how. Js, members like you and I are big parts of the problem. In a petty point of defense, I've retaliated to your slightly offensively stanced post in topic, but I've tried my best simply to respond to your big idea opinions. If I missed anything, apologies; on phone rn and it's not the easiest to read and type.
Azmot
Azmot

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace Kageki on May 28th 2014, 10:04 am

I don't think he met it meant for it to be that way. I think what he was getting at was how we work; We used to have people (Not to long ago) like Ansem blowing worlds away with a single summon and a knock-off keyblade effect. He took out three worlds this way I believe. Right after Me, Tyler, Morpheus, and god knows who else tried to stop him. I had to take a leave of absence... It was they dumbest shit ever, but ya know.. Anyways what I'm getting at is that we were, even I, hugely pissed at not being able to touch the Kurt. Even my keyblade wasn't working because the creature; suppressed magic, could cut a person in half with one shot, and acted as an impenetrable defense for Ansem.

Even Morpheus couldn't keep up. We were so upset that limits held us down from stopping such a great enemies. He wanted us to get up and stop him, but few answered the call. Twilight Town as well as Wonderland were destroyed. If I had known that we would end up allowing anyone to be that strong and known what I know now. I would've been against it entirely (much like I am now). Since all of us were being brats and complaining... I think the staff made it where only people could ruin worlds, instead of outright De:mapping them. Canceling magic also became unavailable.
With good reason I guess.
But ever since then we haven't been able to actaully make a change in the universe rather than just burn down cities and murder. Nonetheless having our areas wiped sucks ass, but maybe if it wasnt all being done in a month and we had time to plot and ralley up ten maybe (just maybe) we could have stopped him and made the story Soooo fun. That's what old Ansem was going for anyway, he wanted us to get up an move. So I think we should.

Anyways, I'm just trying to explain for Azmot here. He meant no harm to you or your friends. I'm sure of that.

Back to top Go down

Post by WR-105 on May 28th 2014, 7:35 pm

Indifferent to whether we keep the history or not, however, definitely not a fan of the Xehanort plan. It's another redefinition of the past, while also potentially trivializing character's ACTUAL goals and progression. You'd also be controlling other people's character, and interpretations of such, by modifying them and having them 'know' things they really didn't.

Anyway, Sicarius, even if we change universes, people will always compare to the past. There is no avoiding it. We shouldn't want to remove the history for those reasons. Personally, it's a 'lack of proper documentation and pure contradiction to the series' issue, but I can understand why people would want to keep what they've done here. Human sentiment and all that jazz.
WR-105

Back to top Go down

Post by Terami on May 28th 2014, 11:57 pm

A question has been forming in my mind. Just thinking about all the different kinds of beings I guess from Disney, and since we are trying to keep closer to lore, would that affect player creation?

This isn't an argument for or against anything I just want to know if that will be affected.
Terami
Terami

Back to top Go down

Post by WR-105 on May 29th 2014, 12:04 am

It would only affect creation in the way it should be affected: You cannot contradict already established rules and/or events.
WR-105

Back to top Go down

Post by Yima on May 29th 2014, 12:11 am

The character creation would be more focused on creating characters in a a kingdom hearts universe rather than general purpose I would imagine.  

I would suppose in sticking to the franchise cannon up till now and as it happens (given we would be tempted to reboot with time as we are considering now) that would have some level of effect on what our characters will be capable of accomplishing in their lifespans ic.  The way the franchise cannon is currently set up does not support a cast of say 30 none cannon characters who want to leave their mark if that mark is in any contradiction with the franchise cannon so you start trying to fight plot armor there.  All in all it will be fanfiction either way though a collaborative experience all the same.

"There is a fine line between genius and insanity; I use it as a jumping rope"

Feel free to send me any feedback you have about site and or ideas.  ^_^

If you have a topic that you want to discus at length to improve the site please do so in the suggestion section so we can all be a part and move forward from there together.

An Amv I Like
Yima
Yima

Back to top Go down

Post by WR-105 on May 29th 2014, 12:18 am

The only temptation would come from the irrational fears I've previously mentioned. As long as there is healthy documentation, of either the reboot or the current history, there would be less issues concerning it.

As Mohon has previously stated, the largest concern is having such a vast, unknown history.
WR-105

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum