» Marionette
Your site, your opinions  EmptyDecember 2nd 2018, 2:31 pm by +/-

» suck on my magnum dong
Your site, your opinions  EmptyOctober 18th 2018, 9:25 pm by Gemini

» It's my birthday.
Your site, your opinions  EmptyOctober 4th 2018, 8:20 pm by Gemini

» EW
Your site, your opinions  EmptySeptember 9th 2018, 3:53 am by Gemini

» What are Your Current Plans for Your Character?
Your site, your opinions  EmptyFebruary 11th 2018, 7:33 pm by Chastelle

Statistics
We have 3557 registered users
The newest registered user is Shirou Seeker of Duckness

Our users have posted a total of 143994 messages in 12544 subjects

Your site, your opinions

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Your site, your opinions  Empty Your site, your opinions

Post by Onyx on May 25th 2014, 12:46 pm

Sup everybody

Alright so there's a few things I'd like to talk to everyone about

As a community get everyone's opinions on them

First, the reboot of the site, what would you all think if we completely wiped the slate clean?

There's no past no nothing it would be the beginning of all these worlds.

Would they be aware of one another existence, would they all be aware?

World leaders?

Should only certain worlds be ruled?

There wouldn't be any automatic huge problems, for example half the worlds are locked in this huge war.

Another idea for the reboot would be to simply mass move everything in the past to one archive. Would everyone be alright with this?

Infinite characters yes or no?

Lifting restrictions, yes or no?

Getting rid of the shop?
Keeping munny strictly Ic?

There has been talk about numbers and incorporating a new stat system, however I believe this would be a step back because description is the name of the game. While numbers turn things into power grab most of the time, your thoughts?

Realism within rp's- if the reboot is done, just how much realism would you like to see?

Community- Guys I'll be honest whether or not a reboot is done and whether or not we go forward with any of this.

As a community all of us need to be at least willing to be on the same page for this too work.

If everyone is honestly for the reboot and this is what we want then as a community we are going to have to get along. Actually be interested in others stories, in their characters. Heck maybe there lives if someone is having problems and they come to you seeking advice. Without this the reboot will be useless, honestly I believe the current system we have now is fine and can be amazing for everyone. If given a few tweaks at certain areas

Back to top Go down

Your site, your opinions  Empty Re: Your site, your opinions

Post by Sicarius on May 25th 2014, 1:04 pm

Etzolix still needs to define the the new system before we make any actual judgements on it.

However...

We should move all previous RPs in a locked, public archive that can be accessed by any member.

What should be considered the "starting point" to return to? Would we attempt to go back to canon and start at the end of Dream Drop Distance? Go back to the starting point of the original site, which was right after KH2 and before BBS?

I also do not think there should be world leaders, if there is a reboot. If we do want to stick to the canon and lore more closely, then only the canons should be in charge of the world, if according to canon. At least, officially. I'm sure people could stage a coup d'etat and take over a world forcefully, though not officially recognized by staff or OOC.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dravocn on May 25th 2014, 1:27 pm

I'm good with having more than three characters, I'm all for supporting characters too, I like the idea wof world leaders, I'd like for a start ove point... preferably before bbs started.... like maybe before the keyblade graveyard existed... and if not that then after sora and the others have died and long passed... so that our story on site don't connect too closely connect with our base for this site as to not interfere with the story of the game. Also I would prefer to have IC money, just because I'd like it to make sense that Drav lives in the penthouse of TWTNW considering I OOC have little to no money lols.

https://kingdomhearts.forumotion.net/t11717-dravocn-maximillion-hecoro#138740
Heart: Darkness
Illusion, Space, Time.
Dravocn
Dravocn

Back to top Go down

Post by Etzolix on May 25th 2014, 2:13 pm

If we wiped the slate clean, we should start where the most Kingdom Hearts games left off. Being aware of each other's existence would be determined by the lore of the actual game. If they know in the game, they know on site.

The worlds would be ruled, but by whoever rules them in game. We should stick to lore, since that's the largest issue with this version of the site. Not to say people couldn't eventually overtake those worlds, but it'd need to be logical.

Agreeing with Sicarius' public archive statement.

Yes to infinite characters. Yes to lifting restrictions. The only restrictions we should have should be defined by lore and the general courtesy of RPing, such as no godmodding and etc.

The stat system is a supplement, which can work both for a competitive or a non-competitive system, depending where we want to go. I'll make a topic explaining it.

The community coming together is more important than a reboot, or a new system, since both will prove useless unless the community can actually act as one.

Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Dravocn on May 25th 2014, 2:44 pm

Awww... I'm gonna have to kill Xemnas..... dangit ... that'll take a while.

And the stat system i'm really looking forward to... I really love the stat system... it gets things going for me. :D

Illusion, Space, Time.
Dravocn
Dravocn

Back to top Go down

Post by Etzolix on May 25th 2014, 2:57 pm

If you kill Xemnas, you don't think any of the other of the Org. members would step up to rule and take you out? In any system, we need to apply logic to the situations. Anyway, that's a different topic.
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by zdynasty on May 25th 2014, 4:18 pm

I do not think we should reboot the site at all

the most useless signature in the world I belive
zdynasty
zdynasty

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx on May 25th 2014, 4:20 pm

Okay why do you feel that way Z?

Back to top Go down

Post by Dravocn on May 25th 2014, 4:21 pm

So I have to fight all of the organization? .... awww.... dangit....

Illusion, Space, Time.
Dravocn
Dravocn

Back to top Go down

Post by zdynasty on May 25th 2014, 4:28 pm

well onyx this was my first role playing forum and I don't want to have to redo zdynasty :3 but that is not why i don't want a reboot because well this this right here makes me want to make my own forum i don't think i can but i want to look back at this site and see that it still active and we have a beautiful forum right here I just don't want to see this work go to waste by any one people's hard work in there character and in there role plays i just don't want it to go to waste (I don't think this helps but this is why i don't want a reboot)

zdynasty
zdynasty

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx on May 25th 2014, 4:29 pm

I can understand that

Back to top Go down

Post by zdynasty on May 25th 2014, 4:32 pm

this is like my home in a way for me if i don't have any thing better to do i role play

zdynasty
zdynasty

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace Kageki on May 25th 2014, 5:01 pm

I say yes to the stat system, because I have already heard about it and like it.

Infinite characters? FUCK YEAH.

Canons should rule worlds, but I believe, we as members, should get to play them if we so choose.

Realism... Well of course we should have the courtesy to make things logical. (if that's what you meant) But there was a time when I wanted to use, cartoons and completely weird shit with my character. I do not get what your saying with this question though.

The shop should go...

I think we should wipe clean and start off again. Maybe after KH2? Or DDD.. However I never really played that game so I would need to watch YouTube lol.

I think we should make keyblades a reward again, instead of just giving them away.

Worlds like EOTW will need a ruler, the heartless follow Lenneth as of right now. Don't know if that's gonna change though e.e . Cause I would think Ansem would he them again.

If we do the DDD dream realm idea it could be cool. We could have woken up to all of that stuff we did as a dream. But when we actaully run into each other it's gonna be badass. (If we're aware.)

I believe and trust the community can get better, I believe this. *shrugs.* I do know that isn't perfect and might never be. But in all honesty... I don't think it can get lower than it already is. I feel like I am one of the bug reasons it's bad, since I nearly always spark arguments.
---

I also think we should have an appearance change, I know some people who code, who can help out with that.

Oh and Death should be a thing again. Unless like you make a descriptive post that legitly makes sence... (Personal opinion)

-If I missed something I'll come back and edit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mohon on May 25th 2014, 5:26 pm

I'm all for the reboot. Though the fact that we'll have to develop our characters from scratch could be considered a negative point of this, it can also be a possitive one, as it'll allow us to develop these same characters in different ways and make them reach different states in the future (ex. instead of Mohon being a proper soldier in the Country of the Musketeers, he could end up being an unofficial vigilante in Traverse Town with much darker motivations or some stuff like that), which can end up turning them into more interesting beings in the long run.

If we stay with the lore (something that we should definitely do), then the worlds shouldn't be aware of each other. At least not the common folk. There would be people that know about them (such as Poseidon, Genie, Leon, Cloud, etc.), but there has yet to be an entry of the games where a normal person/character knows about the existence of other worlds. Of course, some worlds would be an exception (such as Traverse Town, as the population of that world is mostly composed of people that have lost their birth worlds), but most should be unaware. That doesn't mean they can't become aware as the story progresses, of course. That depends on how we play things.

As Etz said, worlds should be ruled by those who rule them in game (Poseidon in Atlantica, Simba in the Pridelands, the Emperor in the Land of Dragons, Mickey in Disney Town... you get the idea). If they were never shown in-game, then we shouldn't just assume there is no leader. Each world (for the exception of The World That Never Was and The End of the World) would have a leader in one way or another and a working government with proper military. It just wouldn't make sense otherwise.

The two worlds mentioned above (The World That Never was and The End of the World), should be the only ones that can only be ruled by users (because of "the strongest rules" thingy), but that doesn't mean users can't become leaders of other worlds. Everything should be allowed as long as it makes proper sense.

That takes me to another point: staff should be there to make sure that anything that involves changing something fundamental about the universe or world (users taking leading positions or making mass drestruction) makes sense and is properly explained/described. Other than that, users shouldn't be limited in what they can do. Just... proper staff moderation.

Everything regarding taking over a world, of course, in-story. That would mean no World Leader system, and thus no official OOC recognition of a person being in charge of a world.

I agree with public archives. I agree with infinite characters. I agree with lifting restrictions. Should should go and munny should be kept IC, unless a proper munny system is presented (I can't think of one at the moment). I need to think a little bit more about the stat system before forming an opinion.

And about realism... well, as I said before, we should make sure that things make sense within the reality of this universe. For example, a person could survive getting a hole drilled in their head if proper explaination is given. Same with taking over the world.

But yeah, for everything to work, as community we need to support each other and work together to make it work. That's the end of my statement.
Mohon
Mohon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sicarius on May 25th 2014, 8:41 pm

I would just want to say, since zdynasty has his understandable worries, that if this reboot thing does go through, the new site should be considered KHUniverse 3, an alternate universe that allows inter-dimensional travel with other universes, allowing people who wish to keep their character on this iteration of the site and transfer it over.

Back to top Go down

Post by zdynasty on May 25th 2014, 8:48 pm

I got my character planned out for my main if the reboot does happen you don't really need to bother about me I got it planned out so the update does not bother me any more except one thing the role playing P.S thank you for not capitalizing my name

zdynasty
zdynasty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sicarius on May 25th 2014, 8:49 pm

Alright, glad to hear that you won't be too troubled if this goes through.

Back to top Go down

Post by zdynasty on May 25th 2014, 8:50 pm

yea I kinda hope infinity characters go through with it if I does I'm going bring zdynasty back and make a lot more characters

zdynasty
zdynasty

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshira on May 26th 2014, 3:19 pm

Let me throw my opinion out there. I was active on this site about a year ago, and compared to now, it seems like an entirely different site. Like has been said already, the community has really fallen apart since then. When I joined, you guys quickly accepted me as one of your own. Now it just seems a bunch of people who have known each other for a while in their own world. Maybe it's because there haven't been as many new members, but it seems a lot less open now.
Another thing is the story of the RP'ing. A lot of talk has been about setting up a major site-wide plot, but nothing has happened. People are trying to force the story too much, instead of letting a story organically create itself. When I was active, not much planning went into my threads. I just went in and let the story evolve based on what happened. And it was wonderful. I felt like the natural progression of the story made it mean more to me. Also I think playable canons should be reintroduced because the canons that were active contributed and took part in everyone's personal stories.
I think the slate should be wiped clean and the history reset. I feel that it would benefit the overall creativity of the site if everyone gets to start over from scratch and get to take their stories in new directions. It would also help with new members joining the site. When I joined, it felt strange just jumping into a story that had been going for that long, and had all that history behind it. If that was erased, and a new story began, new members wouldn't feel as awkward as if they were joining halfway.
If we do restarts, it should be to a few years after DDD, so as to be able to follow the lore, but so we wouldn't overlap with any significant game events. When KH3 comes around, we'll have to find a way to work it in or disregard it like everything after 2 was originally. And if we rebooted, the lore would definitely have to be a bigger part of the site.
Infinite characters should be allowed, but it should resemble the old system where you had to reach a certain post count before you could make a new character. This would make sure people become invested in their characters before making new ones, and saturating the site with unfinished, non-thought out characters.
I personally don't see any major issues with the OOC shop as it is now, except that you shouldn't have to buy character slots. If we could figure out a way to properly use munny IC, that would be great, and would further connect the site to the KH lore.
Regarding realism, if something can be explained while still adhering to the rules of the universe, then it should be fine.
The only world leaders should be those that are already established in the lore, and then whoever chooses to play as those canons. People should be able to overthrow a leader in a situation that makes sense, because if we said that could not happen, we would limiting ourselves in a way that looks down on making your story what you want to make it. If you want your character to rule a world, go for it, but make sure it can be backed up IC.
All in all, I think we should look to recreate the feeling and emotions of the past systems, without having to revert back to them. right underneath the members list it shows when the most users ever online was. While that might have been our peak, and that era has passed, that is no reason to stop trying to make the site just as good as it once was. If we don't at least try, you're damn sure we'll continue on this downward trend.
Noshira
Noshira

Back to top Go down

Post by WR-105 on May 26th 2014, 5:35 pm

nother thing is the story of the RP'ing. A lot of talk has been about setting up a major site-wide plot, but nothing has happened. People are trying to force the story too much, instead of letting a story organically create itself. When I was active, not much planning went into my threads. I just went in and let the story evolve based on what happened. And it was wonderful. I felt like the natural progression of the story made it mean more to me. Also I think playable canons should be reintroduced because the canons that were active contributed and took part in everyone's personal stories.

I agree, things need to happen organically. That's the only way they stick. Forcing things won't interest people for too long.

It would also help with new members joining the site. When I joined, it felt strange just jumping into a story that had been going for that long, and had all that history behind it. If that was erased, and a new story began, new members wouldn't feel as awkward as if they were joining halfway.

This will eventually happen again in the future, even after a reboot. We shouldn't reboot because of 'we have too much history'. The reason the reboot makes sense is because we contradict the lore, and have little appropriate documentation, not because we have an excess amount of it.

If we do restarts, it should be to a few years after DDD, so as to be able to follow the lore, but so we wouldn't overlap with any significant game events. When KH3 comes around, we'll have to find a way to work it in or disregard it like everything after 2 was originally. And if we rebooted, the lore would definitely have to be a bigger part of the site.

We should definitely try to apply KH3 to the site when it comes out, since it's the final in the Xehanort arc, but yeah. I dunno about specifying anything specifically. Maybe, the vagueness can be defined post KH3?

Infinite characters should be allowed, but it should resemble the old system where you had to reach a certain post count before you could make a new character. This would make sure people become invested in their characters before making new ones, and saturating the site with unfinished, non-thought out characters.

That doesn't get rid of the issue it caused...which prioritizes characters opposed to story. The point of infinite characters is so that we CAN have characters be thrown away, and die, and actually grow because they're supposed to, not because we don't want to have to start from scratch again.

Canons CAN be played. The munny system admittedly ruins it. We would have to go through a validation process, which might be appropriate for a different topic, methinks.
WR-105

Back to top Go down

Post by Mohon on May 26th 2014, 5:49 pm

Regarding the "we have too much history" thing... one of the main issues I've seen it's not that there's too much history, but that most people aren't aware of it. Personally, I'm still not clear on what really happened before I finally returned to the forum. I have vague memories of the Empire wars and stuff... but that's not enough to say I "know" about the history.

If we do reboot, we should start keeping records on the important events that may cause an impact on the overall community (such as worlds getting to know about each other's existence, the destruction of this and that place, etc). Of course, members should also keep records of their own progress, but records of "what has happened in the universe" should be there as well.

A better use of the "Historia" sections, in other words.
Mohon
Mohon

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshira on May 26th 2014, 6:16 pm

Milo wrote:This will eventually happen again in the future, even after a reboot. We shouldn't reboot because of 'we have too much history'. The reason the reboot makes sense is because we contradict the lore, and have little appropriate documentation, not because we have an excess amount of it.
I agree that the main reason for a reboot should be to straighten out the lore and to start proper documentation of future history, I'm just saying that that would be an added bonus. Yes, eventually it would lead to the same problem, but in the short term it would make it easier for new members to join. I don't think we should reboot just to get rid of our history, I just think the fresh start would be good for the overall creativity of the site.

Milo wrote:That doesn't get rid of the issue it caused...which prioritizes characters opposed to story. The point of infinite characters is so that we CAN have characters be thrown away, and die, and actually grow because they're supposed to, not because we don't want to have to start from scratch again.
But characters and story go hand in hand. If you have bad characters, that will just drag the story down. Likewise, you can have really good characters, but if the story sucks, it doesn't matter. Both the story and characters have to be in harmony. Yes, you can't put all your focus on making an amazing, powerful character and just disregard the story, but there has to some thought behind the character. Characters can still die when it makes sense for the story, but if they are bad, if I have no investment in them, the death won't mean anything. There has to be reasoning to the character; they can't just do things for the hell of it because the story calls for it. The character needs an explanation.
Noshira
Noshira

Back to top Go down

Post by WR-105 on May 26th 2014, 6:28 pm

The issue was the making the focus on the characters is what caused us to have bad characters in the long wrong. People refused to die, because they couldn't have access to other characters and other ideas.

Focusing on the story focuses on making characters that make sense and have thought, opposed to focusing on characters, which ends up leading to stories not making sense because of TOO MUCH attachment in the long wrong.
WR-105

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshira on May 26th 2014, 6:38 pm

What you're saying makes sense. And I don't think the post requirement should be nearly as high as it was in the old system. Just enough where you can establish your character. I'm all for infinite characters. People shouldn't be scared of killing off their characters if it is for a plot. There just has to be some investment in the character. If someone made a character, made 5 posts, then killed him off, it wouldn't affect me. I barely know this character, and now he's dead. Yes, the main focus should be on the plot, cause ultimately that's what the story is. There just has to be good characters supporting that plot.
Noshira
Noshira

Back to top Go down

Post by WR-105 on May 26th 2014, 7:00 pm

Focusing on the characters prevents us from effectively roleplaying normal citizens of the worlds, which devalues them to 'NPCs'. This makes them shallow caricature of what the character should actually be. If they're not, then we're essentially having infinite characters anyway, so.

I also doubt people will create characters for the sake of it and, if they do, we as a community should help them develop the character to actually be a person, since that's the point of RPing and interaction.
WR-105

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum