» Marionette
The possible-future System. EmptyDecember 2nd 2018, 2:31 pm by +/-

» suck on my magnum dong
The possible-future System. EmptyOctober 18th 2018, 9:25 pm by Gemini

» It's my birthday.
The possible-future System. EmptyOctober 4th 2018, 8:20 pm by Gemini

» EW
The possible-future System. EmptySeptember 9th 2018, 3:53 am by Gemini

» What are Your Current Plans for Your Character?
The possible-future System. EmptyFebruary 11th 2018, 7:33 pm by Chastelle

Statistics
We have 3557 registered users
The newest registered user is Shirou Seeker of Duckness

Our users have posted a total of 143994 messages in 12544 subjects

The possible-future System.

Go down

The possible-future System. Empty The possible-future System.

Post by Ace Kageki on May 23rd 2014, 9:48 pm

Basically it's up to you, Joe has been working and has found a new way of making this place fun again. It's a speacial system that uses a stat/story mix up. It's unlike any I've heard of and it's all his. It just might work two. But in order for this change a reboot is needed. Before you jump to conclusions take a moment ad think about this.

Our own Affiliates, yes the ones on that list even, Talk shit about us. They laugh at how we have failed to be a community worth looking into. I'm sorry but as fucked up as it is. It's true and unles we do something about it were done~

Post up your thoughts, maybe Etzolix will even speak a little on his system. But take a minute and think to yourself. Once that's done then post up your suggestion.

A REBOOT IS NEEDED IN ORDER FOR THIS TO WORK.

Back to top Go down

The possible-future System. Empty Re: The possible-future System.

Post by Etzolix on May 23rd 2014, 9:56 pm

It isn't necessary, but unless we have a community that is willing to work together to make ANY system work, then most will fail, because of the lack of communication and effort amongst our members.

I just prefer the reboot, because our current system carries the stigmas of the old issues, which will never be erased until its removed. I'm sure my opinion is in the minority. And the final call is Yima's, and like I've said, he won't let it go through, so I'll respect his opinion and won't push for it.

Anyway, uh, yeah.
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sicarius on May 23rd 2014, 10:22 pm

I don't think there's going to be some magical solution to fix the forum and make everybody happy and active again. We've changed how the system works several times, and sure, there's a slight boost in activity, but as you can clearly see, it doesn't last. The reason for that is lack of communication among the members. And yes, I know I've been beating this dead horse for over a year, but the community itself needs to be bettered for the site to get better and more active.

However, I do think that if we actually got together and wanted this change to happen, then that'd be a step towards a better community. When there is a change suggested, we, the members, often discuss it lengthily. But, there are two main problems.

The first problem is that there are usually members who are adamantly against the idea and refuse to consider the alternative. This is because there isn't strong of trust among the community. There isn't a unity among the members where they can believe in each other, and believe that if a change happens, everything will turn out okay. That nobody will abuse their new found privileges.

The second problem is how long it takes to actually get something changed on the site. The reason for this is that there is a divide between what the members thing and what the site owner thinks. I'm not going to sugarcoat it, but I'm also not shit talking Yima. In the past, Yima has believed that he is the final judgement for what is good and bad for the site. It's based on his own opinions, and he will make his decision despite what the majority of the site thinks.

Here lies another trust issue, and it's for the same reason why Etzolix wants to reboot the site. Yima, in the past, has experience extreme power abuse, both out of character and in character, so he is pretty much against any possibility of power abuse.This would be fine...if the site was still like that. His view and way of doing things is simply not compatible with how the site is now. The site is no longer run by a group of friends just fucking around and feeling good about themselves. It's become this community where people just want to have fun with each other, no matter if they're strangers or best friends. Usually, if somebody is abusing their powers, it's because they don't realize it and not because they're just being an asshole.

When it comes down to it, this site is about what the members want and this is why Yima's method of changing things is wrong. He values his own opinions and judgement over that of the members of the site, so it should be no surprise that there is distrust and miscommunication among the community when there is this obvious barrier between the staff and members still.

The solution to these two problems is both simple and difficult. I personally do not care if we change the system again. I'm neither for it or against it. However, if it means that the community can grow closer and be a happier community, then I'm all for it. If you guys like the system, then support. But don't just post your opinions and dip out. Have a discussion about it. Voice your honest opinions and you won't be harassed for having them, because we're not fighting each other. We're fighting together, for bettering the site. However, also keep in mind to be open to opposing opinions and don't take them personally if they contradict yours. And lastly, don't stop talking about it. If you all come to a conclusion and the conclusion is to change, then keep talking about it. Keep supporting it. Send the staff PMs every day (don't spam them), pestering them to do something. We are the life of the site. Without us, there is just the empty husk of failure. We have a lot of power, but we can only utilize it if we stand together as a community.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sicarius on May 23rd 2014, 10:26 pm

Also, as a side note, I'm pretty sure the other sites talking shit about us are doing it because there are probably a few ex-members that have a certain bias about us.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace Kageki on May 23rd 2014, 10:48 pm

My source said they were people that had never been here. Which leads me to believe that it's not just bias opinions. However I know where your coming from, and yes that's also probably true. But lets face it; this isn't just something we can overlook, even if it were just ex members.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dravocn on May 23rd 2014, 11:03 pm

lols I like the last paragraph you did Sic, considering the quote in your signature lols

https://kingdomhearts.forumotion.net/t11717-dravocn-maximillion-hecoro#138740
Heart: Darkness
Illusion, Space, Time.
Dravocn
Dravocn

Back to top Go down

Post by Etzolix on May 23rd 2014, 11:09 pm

Uh, do you wanna chime in on the topic at hand or anything, Drav? Your opinion would be appreciated.
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Hikari on May 24th 2014, 12:00 am

I've jokingly spoke of rebooting the site before and I have acknowledged that it would be an interesting scenario that would fix problems that, in our current state, we're unable to. The problem with it though is that we haven't accounted for the opinions of all the members nor has the staff discussed this at all. In a situation where we're planning on doing this these are very important steps.

Aside from that it's not necessary at the moment so I'd vote against this. Besides, a system implementing statistics and story wouldn't require a reboot. We've already transitioned from one system to another without a reboot -- why would it be necessary to do so again?

Also, do you have any evidence about the shit-talking of our affiliates? It's not that relevant to the suggestion imo nor my response but I'm curious about it.

"Playing hero gets you nowhere if you aren't ready to act."

Kingdom Hearts RPG Moderator
Resident Asshole
Hikari
Hikari

Back to top Go down

Post by Etzolix on May 24th 2014, 12:18 am

Cool wrote:The problem with it though is that we haven't accounted for the opinions of all the members nor has the staff discussed this at all. In a situation where we're planning on doing this these are very important steps.

That's the point of this topic.

Cool wrote:why would it be necessary to do so again?

Etzolix wrote:It isn't necessary, but unless we have a community that is willing to work together to make ANY system work, then most will fail, because of the lack of communication and effort amongst our members.

He just thought it needed to be mandatory, because I said it wouldn't work without a reboot, since we don't have members that fit in the above. The negative stigmas seemingly prevent us from becoming that, so we'd need to start from scratch, without other people's crosses to bear.

We can't deny that there is a negative atmosphere, which drives many people away. However, whenever we try to address the issues, the topic goes nowhere, or we have a lack of participation. It's unfortunate, because it mirrors how our RPs typically end up...they go nowhere or have a lack of participation.
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Belysa on May 24th 2014, 12:41 am

You guys can't see the forest for all the trees...

The old system was not flawed--it was the people who were in CHARGE of the system, when Jeremi re-created the site. (Which I see to this day, he is STILL not credited for.) Gen 2 players got control of the site because Zexion was...I dunno, doing other stuff. Roxas was just kind of wandering about not really doing anything anymore. So, unfortunately, the wrong individuals of Gen 2 ended up getting control of it, myself included for a brief time....and we abused the f*ck out of it.
When Zexion, Roxas, Morpheus, Celox, and Riku were staff, we honestly did not have the issues we have now. We had active canons. We had active OCs that were well-written and had a great deal of motives.
Did we have Gary/Mary Sues and drama issues and dead plots and ect? Sure thing--but it was significantly less. The Staff moderated things very heavily.

I know I'm EXTREMELY likely to get insta-banned for telling this ancient story that will immediately give away my identity, but--No Mike--I don't care. (What're you going to do, ban me from an almost-dead website for the second time? Oh no--a statement to which I don't mean to sound sassy with, but am simply making a point--what is the worst you can do to me now?)  A lot of people actually knew I was here already and simply didn't care--I'm okay with this. I just want to RP with the friends I have known for the last seven years of my life (yourself included,) and attempt to save the place that's been (with a pun heavily intended) our Sanctuary. The situation is bad, and I feel bad not doing anything about it, in the same token that I've felt bad about not doing anything for a very long time.

When I first joined this website, it was 2008. I was considered a second generation joiner. The very first day I was approved, I made 27 posts in a single day. I then proceeded to godmod one of the staff in a fight thread.
I was immediately banned for a whole week, not for the godmodding, but for the sheer amount of posts I'd made.  It's those sorts of things that people really don't pay attention to anymore, and I'm kind of abhorred by it.

Nobody's really paying attention to anything anymore. It feels like everybody is just meandering about without focus or purpose, and it is driving me bananas! You guys are seriously too lazy to even look at profiles anymore? I could have been bitten by Sora's Heartless, and became a super embodiment of the Darkness, but not before I narrowly escaped Hojo's lab after becoming a secret SOLDIER, stole Gilgamesh's swords, got a Keyblade by touching Yen Sid's robes, and then kicked Caius Ballad in the crotch so hard that he exploded and died---And NONE of you would have even noticed.
(Actually, that is incorrect--Lenneth would have noticed, in the same token that he noticed my mistake in my Belysa profile.)
That is nauseating.

This site's gotten SEVERELY off-track in the Kingdom Hearts department. It's got the standards of the basic lore down, and that is literally it--the very bare basics. Over the years I think collectively we've really forgotten how to RP Kingdom Hearts because really, we've only been sticking our OC's into this universe and reacting to it based around our characters, instead of both the characters and the lore  of Kingdom Hearts itself.

Is it important to develop original characters? Of course. But if you don't even play by the general, (pretty basic) rules of the lore in the universe you're playing them in, what's the point? Why is this even a Kingdom Hearts site anymore--because it has Heartless and Nobodies? That doesn't make a Kingdom Hearts site.

It's been a VERY long time since we've had a plot with some decent meaning--I'm sorry Frank, I love you and stuff, but I know you could come up with better than the tired-out Four Horsemen idea. It's been done. A lot.
I'm talking about a Kingdom Hearts plot, with heavy influence on the very worlds--everything here just feels so tired, and as such an ancient member, it actually kind of makes me sick to my stomach looking at it....and I am not the only person. As usual, I'll be the target dummy who openly says everything that's on their mind--but honestly, I've always been that way.
I won't point out the fact too much that I basically told you all this a year ago the last time I tried coming back here and putting some life into the place...but I did tell you so. (To a degree in which I would rather not attempt to come off as snarky...however, I could not resist mentioning the fact.)

My basic point is that we need to get back to the basics. We restart the old system and we ACTUALLY MONITOR IT without BIAS. I can personally admit, a LOT of us Gen 2/Gen 3 members HEAVILY abused the personal friendships and favortism that was going on, and it even ended up (in arguable cases) destroying the original website because someone got asshurt.
There was nothing wrong with the old system when it was being monitored. The issues began when people started putting their personal feelings in the way of running a website, and there are no exceptions to that. There is not a single member of staff you can list in our ENTIRE history who hasn't had that issue, because let's face it--the bulk of us who have been staff, have known one another for nearly HALF of one another's lives--it's EXTREMELY difficult NOT to have those personal feelings get involved in that.

I can't say I have a solution for the above. There IS no solution; a forum like this is ALWAYS going to form bonds and friendships between people. It is UNAVOIDABLE. The way to go about it is to chose people who can understand the lines between personal and business. Thus far, it's a good job.

Here's what I suggest:
We reboot the system, we watch it carefully, we go back to old approval styles and methods of power. We hanker back and really focus on basing our site on the lore of Kingdom Hearts, instead of just OC's running around in KH worlds occasionally fighting KH enemies and generally just dragging around and...pretty much accomplishing nothing.
Reset everybody over 500 posts back.

You're probably wondering why I mentioned that. Everybody is probably flipping the f*ck out.
Let's be real here. Some people are too....damn....strong. Most of them even ADMIT it. A majority of them even tell me privately that they're so powerful that they're actually BORED.
And that's bullshit. Anybody who knows me, knows I am racist against Boredom. BOREDOM kills websites. I f*cking hate Boredom.

You should hate boredom too. You should be fighting it tooth and nail and strangling it, and banging boredom's girlfriend out of spite, and saying horrible things about Boredom's grandmother behind his back. Boredom is an asshole.

ENFORCE the lore of Kingdom Hearts--stop BENDING it for the sake of doing whatever you want with OC's.
We bring back the Canons--Your competitors are LAUGHING at you, guys--What kind of KH site doesn't have the main characters involved?
Did we lack them in mass before? Of course. We always have. But then again, we made the mistake of opening up the floodgates for infinite OC's, so naturally that was going to happen. We've always been short Canons....but the ones we did have?

THEY.
KICKED.
ASS.

It rids the meaning of HAVING a KH site to begin with.
I understand the rental idea, but seriously....bring back the canons. I would personally play the crap out of Terra. We used to have a REALLY nice Ansem/Xemnas combo--until someone started throwing godmod knives around.

Don't throw OC's and Canons into the same boat! They should NOT be in the same structure of power! Canons SHOULD be stronger than OC's! Can an OC get to the point of a certain canon if they're active? Sure. But don't allow OC's that kind of wiggle room--or you WILL end up with what we have here: A cesspool of Mary and Gary Sues.

Honestly, I feel like this place is going to either need a miracle, or a shut down. I don't see it going anywhere, in the same token that this place was just as bad a year ago. This place is our home; it's always been my home, even though like every house, there's always been rough patches in it--and I don't like seeing it like this. It DESERVES better than this that we've survived these seven years and have fallen this far. We need to figure out something to revive this place, or this light is eventually going to flicker out.
Nobody here wants to see that, so we NEED to work together and put our thoughts collectively towards a mutually beneficial way of ramping the activity, quality, and quantity of this site up again.

Maybe we'll never see days like the old 2009 flood of members and posts and wars and all that fun sh*t--I don't care--We're never going to get CLOSE if we don't ever try.

---Pinky

Post Script: I apologize if this sounds snarky, or offensive, but these things need to be addressed. It's as clear as the nose on anybody's face that this place is fading out. I don't like it. Let's fix it already.

"Complaining about people complaining always fixes major issues! Let's do that instead of trying to find a collective solution by talking it out amongst ourselves as a community and point fingers instead of taking responsibility for our actions! While we're at it, let's attempt to satirize and/or demonize everybody who attempt to make a suggestion! Man, we are way better at this than those other people with experience who are trying to help!"

All RP's with Belysa in them are SUSPENDED for activity until further notice.
[Clickable]
Belysa
Belysa

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace Kageki on May 24th 2014, 10:28 am

I Second that^

And uhh, Cool I can't exactly give you proof, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't lie about that. Most of the time, I'm gonna assume, it's in places like Chatboxes or such.

Anyhow yeah, just wanted to answer your question.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sicarius on May 24th 2014, 10:50 am

Pinky's post (and mentality) is exactly why we should reboot, but not with the same system as the old site. We are constantly being dragged down by the stigmas and nostalgia of the old site. People keep referencing how powerful people on the old site are or how popular the old site was. If the Great Gatsby and my eleventh grade class taught me anything, it is that we cannot emulate the past. Even if we put on the same exact system and attitudes as it was back then. We just need to move on from the old site. Stop telling stories about how strong so-and-so was (You say there were little Mary Sues back then? From all the stories I've heard, there were quite a lot of overly strong people back then, including the almighty Zexion himself). Just...start anew. Free ourselves from the chains of the past, and evolve.

Back to top Go down

Post by Belysa on May 24th 2014, 4:48 pm

Sicarius wrote:Pinky's post (and mentality) is exactly why we should reboot, but not with the same system as the old site. We are constantly being dragged down by the stigmas and nostalgia of the old site. People keep referencing how powerful people on the old site are or how popular the old site was. If the Great Gatsby and my eleventh grade class taught me anything, it is that we cannot emulate the past. Even if we put on the same exact system and attitudes as it was back then. We just need to move on from the old site. Stop telling stories about how strong so-and-so was (You say there were little Mary Sues back then? From all the stories I've heard, there were quite a lot of overly strong people back then, including the almighty Zexion himself). Just...start anew. Free ourselves from the chains of the past, and evolve.

Again, you can't see the forest for all the trees in the way.

Since you like Fitzgerald so much, allow me to compare the website to the era he was most infamous for: the 1920's.

I came here, in KHRPF's 1920's. Like the boundless amounts of economic growth in said era, 2008 KHRPF was exploding with activity, and was quite prosperous. Akin to the flowing booze, the scandalous sex life, and the wild parties, there was a LOT going on to get people invested and interested in what was going on in the site. Of course, like Gatsby himself who led a double life, or Daisy whose marriage had two faces, KHRPF had its goodness and its evil--Nobody can ignore either the two of them, as one cannot ignore them in the premise of the novel because it is essential to the tale as a whole, just as it is with the website.

SOMEWHERE along the line, we hit our 1930's. We are now in a Great Depression, and nobody can really argue that--it's why this has been brought up before, it's why it's being brought up now.

We today cannot compare our current lives to what has occurred in the 1920's. In the same token, we cannot compare what has happened in the past to today's standards. Like real life, it is highly unlikely we'll ever experience a boon like the 1920's again. The same can be said for here. It's just not very likely. RPing is a dying art....like flappers, like organized crime, and like pinstripe suits.
That doesn't mean we ignore that the 1920's existed, in the same token, we shouldn't ignore our prosperity either. It ALSO doesn't mean we should be so freakin' lazy when it comes to character depth, or storylines, or site lore.

Because we really have been lazy.

Instead of building on what has been presented, you say to forget about it and move on. That is EXACTLY how we got this way--we kept trying new things, trying to break away from it because everybody either over-glorified the past, or over-demonized it. NEITHER of those mentalities are going to work.
If you actually read what I typed, I did NOT say there were few Gary/Mary Sues. I said there were LESS. This means, there were plenty---but my GOD I could post a whole book about how bad some of the characters on here are--I even have SEVERE issues with my first character, one I played for the bulk of my time here!

But I won't. A'int nobody got time for that.

Of course everybody abused the shit out of things--Nobody was enforcing basic lore: Not even ZEXION was enforcing it! (Because let's be fair, that Ice Titan Summon was bullshit....but man was it awesome.) That was one of the main problems in the very beginning was that honestly, this was a "do whatever you want" kind of forum.
And for a while, that worked.

But it's not working anymore. People aren't impressed with randomness anymore. They want structure. They want a basis. They want a foundation. It's hard to give out a whole history lesson on a seven year old site.

You don't emulate the past--you learn and expand on it. Don't demonize it. Don't glorify it. But at least RECOGNIZE it was there and try to better yourself from it. The old system worked because of the people who enforced it. Were they perfect? Hell no. Zexion himself abused the shit out of canon. But nobody cared back then because it wasn't a big deal. It wasn't slowly choking the life out of the site--in fact, the guy hardly RP'd during the time I was around. I think I might not have seen him all but once in topic.
That's beside the point though--what I'm trying to say is that the past IS NOT PERFECT. It never was. It never will be! We had SERIOUS drama. We'll have it in the future too. It's unavoidable.
...But at least we had fun.

This? This is not fun. If we're out here in the open discussing this as an issue, it means a lot of people feel like we're not having fun, and that is the OPPOSITE of what this place was made for.

Honestly? We have become too lax. We really have--as a whole. We've become lazy with our posts. We've become lazy with our characters. We've become lazy with our lore...and that is not excusable. We're one of the oldest Kingdom Hearts Role Playing forums ON THE INTERNET.

On the Internet.

Those words pack a LOT of weight to them, don't they?

Shouldn't we be ACTING like that? Shouldn't we be carrying a higher standard than what we're doing now? I honestly felt like we lack a respect for what we really are, because we don't have that drive we had before.
I'm not saying let's be snobby bastards. Being a jerk never solved anything. But at least...have some dignity. I hear people talk about KHRPF now....and it's NOT in a good way. And that makes me angry. It makes me feel like all the people who contributed and spent a large bulk of their lives dedicated to this place just completely wasted their time.
There is a REASON why people still talk about us, the old foagies who used to come around every day after school. It was defined by what we accomplished, not because we were doing it on purpose, but because that's how we built our characters, and it's how they ended up reacting to one another. WE NEVER planned any of our shit in advance. It just happened! It was awesome and suspenseful and thrilling because we never knew what the other person was going to do next!
THAT is what I love about RPing. I love making friends and the connections, and weaving together all these different plots and characters into something that is really awesome. I still TO THIS DAY consider the war topic in the World that Never Was to be my highlighting achievement as far as RPing goes.

And that isn't fair to them, or the future of this place. We don't break the foundation we started on, we BUILD on it. That's how this place came into being in the first place--we didn't WANT to give up--and we shouldn't give up now.

Again, we should reset. We should return to the old system, manage it closer and actually pay attention to the lore of the universe we're trying to RP in instead of ignoring it almost completely! If we're going to get rid of the canons completely, give us a REASON why they're gone in the Plot. TEACH people not to ABUSE it! Teach people not to abuse their powers, abuse their history, abuse their abilities!

I had Celox Caedo teach me how to do it--she berated me and humiliated me in public, but at least she  took the time to CARE. She took the time to set me straight. I don't see that here, and it bothers me. People should be helping one another, critiquing one another, and trying to IMPROVE one another.

Maybe this is a waste of time. Maybe I'm going to get ignored again, like I was ignored a year ago when I brought this issue up. But I am not going to sit here idly while this happens. This place DESERVES better than this--the people who have been a part of this place, DESERVE better than this.

Let's just come to a consensus already. I'm tired of watching this place sit in the dirt when it deserves better treatment. This isn't why we put our time into this site.

"Complaining about people complaining always fixes major issues! Let's do that instead of trying to find a collective solution by talking it out amongst ourselves as a community and point fingers instead of taking responsibility for our actions! While we're at it, let's attempt to satirize and/or demonize everybody who attempt to make a suggestion! Man, we are way better at this than those other people with experience who are trying to help!"

All RP's with Belysa in them are SUSPENDED for activity until further notice.
[Clickable]
Belysa
Belysa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sicarius on May 24th 2014, 7:04 pm

For the most part, I agree with you. I don't think we should forget the past, but I think that we're still being dragged down by it. We need to move on, and I don't think going back to the old system is going to do that. There are of course a lot of other problems with the old system, like lack of achievement and too much creative restriction (the topic of whether or not it's good has been beaten to death so much and can be found somewhere on the site).

So yeah, I agree that the site needs to be improved and things need to be changed, not just the system. But I disagree with changing it back to how it was, and I deny the notion that we haven't evolved and built upon the old system. We have built this new system by learning from the old system, and we did build upon the old system. And this new system proposed by Etzolix is still building onto the original foundation. Sure we've had to tear down walls and rebuild and do that again and again, but I can assure you that the foundation is still there.

Honestly, I think the system we have right now is fine, but the problem is the people under the system. It's condescending to revert to the old system--I want to believe that we can trust members to one day be able to moderate themselves. Where if they think they're too strong, they will take action and find a way to balance themselves, even if they have to resort to using a plot device in character to do so.

As I've said before, I don't think we need a technical change. We just need a change in attitude and energy. But in the end, regardless of what happens, I just hope the community is bettered.

Back to top Go down

Post by Abigail on May 24th 2014, 10:19 pm

I honestly think we should start over from the beginning. *dodges the pitchforks*

[18:04:15] * Ander sits down

[18:04:40] Ander : When Yima gets mad you sit ._.

[18:04:49] Ander : Like for real
Abigail
Abigail

Back to top Go down

Post by Etzolix on May 25th 2014, 12:19 am

Perhaps some insight as to why, Ab?
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Abigail on May 25th 2014, 5:03 pm

*reboot not start over

[18:04:15] * Ander sits down

[18:04:40] Ander : When Yima gets mad you sit ._.

[18:04:49] Ander : Like for real
Abigail
Abigail

Back to top Go down

Post by Yima on May 26th 2014, 2:48 am

It has been stated in the past that the issue lies with us and that any system we try will fail if we aren't a community. I said that myself well over a year ago and there was a podcast for that prior to the transfer detailing that issue at length; for us to move forward we have to decide how as we are doing now and that is good.

My opinions are my own and however we move forward will be as a community; that method has been promoted since the change last year that we did to escape ourselves so to speak. I have concerns for each route currently presented as follows:

Complete Overhaul to a Numerical System or Partial System: If we do not have all the working parts ready to go before we begin the shift however the change would operate we will have difficultly operating in the fashion we are going to be aiming to operate in. The design also creates bindings for characters to operate in that create a solid point to compare against one another; there is no vagueness with numerals that description provides promoting maximizing and minimizing trends. As a supplementary it could be helpful at least as an example though; scaling to help people understand the range of potential.

Removal of Past Site History: The reasoning behind this sort of change is my primary concern. There are members who want to be in direct line with what comes from the franchise to make becoming a member easier though following what they do exactly will be difficult to continue from out starting point if we were to do that without making sure everyone was alright not having major impacts on the site. There are also members that simply want that history gone as a way from stepping away from what they believe has held the site back within its environment; the core of that issue there in is ourselves, our history is a reflection of ourselves as a whole after all. A downside to this alteration is having no unique background coming in; to make sense of it we would need to decide how much of a backlog would be necessary for people walking in and go from there.

Removing Restrictions: So long as we are willing to put our hands out to each other and work as a community to educated and moderate ourselves we shouldn't have much trouble accomplishing this furthering ourselves int h story driven rp. Members will always be able to abuse the system they find themselves in and in the story based rp variety we need to be willing to educate and call someone out if they are abusing the system they are in for it to operate for the groups benefit.

Keeping track of Personal Abilities: I would like it if we had people explain how they gained their abilities so it seemed more like a journey relative to their character rather than whims of fancy.

Cannon Usage: We could operate a similar system to now but without funds required with the validation still intact to make sure that cannons operate as they would for who they are with both relevant cannon and site-cannon listed by topic. We could also allow them strictly to as regular characters for rp and or use them in combination with the the rental/validation system; this also asks that we all keep a record of our topics in our profile potentially.

"There is a fine line between genius and insanity; I use it as a jumping rope"

Feel free to send me any feedback you have about site and or ideas.  ^_^

If you have a topic that you want to discus at length to improve the site please do so in the suggestion section so we can all be a part and move forward from there together.

An Amv I Like
Yima
Yima

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down