» Marionette
Haze EmptyDecember 2nd 2018, 2:31 pm by +/-

» suck on my magnum dong
Haze EmptyOctober 18th 2018, 9:25 pm by Gemini

» It's my birthday.
Haze EmptyOctober 4th 2018, 8:20 pm by Gemini

» EW
Haze EmptySeptember 9th 2018, 3:53 am by Gemini

» What are Your Current Plans for Your Character?
Haze EmptyFebruary 11th 2018, 7:33 pm by Chastelle

Statistics
We have 3557 registered users
The newest registered user is Shirou Seeker of Duckness

Our users have posted a total of 143994 messages in 12544 subjects

Haze

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Haze Empty Haze

Post by Victor Churchill on April 12th 2014, 6:59 pm

The Haze of a Crash

One slow breath...two slow breathes. An indecision of whether or not to wield a low or high heart rate, such a nuisance human hearts are. So fragile...a mere crash put Victor into the state he is in now, someone recovering from trauma, pain and the torture of everlasting agony. It was moments ago the mere small nuisances of low fuel and lack of a good landing zone turned into eminent system failure and a heavy crash just outside the city-harbor. Victor saw in blurs, a pile of books just outside a bag along with a dagger stuck in the ground and a spilled inkwell that had its ink drowning a writer's quills. The black ink weathered them greatly, ruining the beauty of being multi-colored. Slowly shifting from the obviously-unconscious-unwillingly position to an upright but shifty kneeling position, Victor took a moment to heal his focus. To no avail, he at least treated the lack of equilibrium just to quicken the process of replaying the attempt of refocusing.

"Damn. Where am I? I must be near a source of water...a sea at that...with this fishy smell and the putrid odor of unwashed peasants." Victor brushed himself off with as much effort as the lowly peasants give to surviving, not afraid of the dirt but with the expectation he must look the best he can for the moment. Victor took a moment to realize the collection of spilled items were his, at least the things he noticed weren't just his exotic quills and professionally made ink bottles. Collecting his books and Journal into his large satchel and sheathing his newly-strapped dagger, he replaced the disgusted composure with a renewed pose of superiority and courage. Factors kept pouring in as he noticed the high-in-population, vexing sound of buzzing...as if it was from a collection of bugs. With caution due to this realization, he continued forward on a walk that felt like a score. As he neared Port Royal itself, he started to notice an out-of-the-ordinary population...Over-sized, hideous bugs. But what he also noticed was another out-of-the-ordinary occurance...no blabbering humans. No peasants...So where did their smell come from?

"What in the blazes...Abominations everywhere...yet no sign of the filth?" Victor mumbled to himself, for if it was clear enough for others to hear he'd either be caught by the bugs or, as of right now less relevant than the first effect, anger another human/ Continuing the waltz to avoid the insects, he found a building to take refuge in amongst the vacant harbor. He hid from the insects, his heart racing every time an insect would near the building..
Victor Churchill
Victor Churchill

Back to top Go down

Haze Empty Re: Haze

Post by Ace Kageki on April 12th 2014, 8:01 pm

Ander watched as the stranger in the university suit ran into one of the buildings.

Uhh... maybe I should warn that guy..

A giant mirror would phase straight through the ground behind the young Amaran. His body passing into the image of the inside of the building where he would come out of. As he stepped up to the male the mirror would explode into confetti and mini-fireworks. He examined the dazed man carefully. He had to admit the first impression he got from the guy wasnt the nicest. He appeared to dispise Anders kind...

I wonder if he knows I'm one of them?

Yo? What's wrong man? The bugs scare ya? Ander would chuckle then regained his posture. You feeling alright I mean showing up at the Hives door steps is a risky move. It wouldn't surprise me if you pissed yourself already. Ander tucked his hands in his pockets and stared out the window.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor Churchill on April 12th 2014, 8:22 pm

Victor watched as an anomaly occurred where a man whom must have spotted him before appeared with a ready reaction. Victor's appearance in a world that seemed to be the stranger's home (based on his relaxed nature over the insects), but his heart raced even with the presence of someone who could speak normally. The only physical reaction was heavy breathing and a heart racing, no soiling as the boy proposed. No, he wasn't like the peasants whom have no bathroom to attend to, he did not release in his own garments especially since they were professionally made. His hand flying for the dagger strapped to his torso under his suit's coat, he kept it gripped on the handle. "Stay right where you are. I just recently crashed here after my ship's system failed. I don't know where I am, so don't mind if I am a tad bit off set by the apparent abominations here. Though with the lack of an inferior race, their appearance seems to merely send the wrong message. Any form of intellect doth not want to test their luck with such creatures. They may seem to have run out the filth, but I doubt they are friendly. What makes you so comfortable around them? Unflinching it seems."

Victor eased his grip but did not let go, scanning the man and wondering how he wasn't tense like he was...how could someone live here? While usually anything resembling human usually correlates with inferiority, he assumed otherwise due to the ability to sneak up on the University boy. His placement must be like a flower...Instead of time it is probably purpose that keeps himself from wilting. I wonder...If it would be possible to gain a rite of passage from this man or whoever he bows to. Victor had no magic, no physical finesse or strength...He was an easy target but Victor had a bit of intellect to keep himself alive. "I apologize for my harsh and up-tight tone. I have no right, but all I want is a rite of passage. I want to be able to freely repair my ship and leave. I'm human, so I must have the same fate as what looks like used to live here." the presence of death was potent within Victor's mind, so he had to be careful and decisive about his words...His slip up before probably did not help.
Victor Churchill
Victor Churchill

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace Kageki on April 12th 2014, 9:07 pm

We didn't kill all the Humans.I think you'll be fine if you get our hand off that pathetic thing you call a weapon. Ander grinned, This guy hasn't been very up to date has he? He then held out his hand to shake with the boy.

He isn't so bad I guess. He just wants to fix his ship huh?

Those Abominationsare the Hive. I am an elite. Those creatures out there take orders from me because I am one of them... Amarans are their names... You my friend have come to the first world that has fallen to us. If you want a ship I'm not sure how you'll do that. I'm kinda like second in command I think. He wondered how Victor was taking this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor Churchill on April 12th 2014, 9:27 pm

Victor sighed, releasing and shifting his hand away from his only form of defense...but who could blame someone who moved from a city of templars to a harbor of vicious-looking bugs? The appearance was quite off-setting for those ignorant to their habits. Habits coordinated by the likes of the man standing right in front of Victor. He brushed himself off and slowed his heart to a normal rate, the heavy breathing leaving as well, concluding with his worried composure replaced with confidence. Looking at the man he made a slight bow out of pseudo-respect, assuming he had no means of escape besides bowing to another. "Well, I am Victor. I would kindly ask for your name, but to be honest I really only care about my business and I know you probably don't want it here. The guest appearance was merely an accident and I need no other ship than the repairment of my own...Sadly I have no means of repairing it." he sighed once more, shaking his head in frustration.

Victor did not sense much intelligence from the man, but duly noted the form of leadership. He pulled his journal out but put it away after remembering the recent lack of quills and ink.
"Is it possible to meet whomever is in charge? I may not be important but I assume just letting me on my merry way would be disapproved by your leader...Trust me I come from a strict home. They ran me out when they learned I was studying the uncensored version of science. Oh well. I doubt I'm passing my classes now with the recent absence." he joked not to be social, but to put himself at ease. It was not a form of making friends with the man, no he didn't care about that. He wanted to leave but more importantly a tool such as Amarans as allies could prove invaluable since they had the apparent power of domination.
Victor Churchill
Victor Churchill

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace Kageki on April 12th 2014, 9:44 pm

Ander read Vic's expressions and actions like a pro of sorts. He got the feeling that the man didn't exactly find him interesting much less smart.

Not the type eh? He doesn't have it in him anyway.

Ander wouldn't bother with this guy any longer. He didnt strike the Amaran as the guy who could help the Amarans at all. Sirius was the boss though and it didnt matter what Ander thought about it regardless, but this man was to weak to be of the higher species. Pushing the thought of recruiting another elite for Sirius from his head he continued on. Alright Victor I'll point you in the right direction. But I won't go with you. Sirius is a busy guy and I've bothered him enough as it is with visitors. But here I'll give you some help. Pointing out the window he would aim at at the building on the center of town. Stick to the roofs and when you get to the building try and be polite. The guy you'll meet will probably kill you if you mess up. I'd go with you but I'm pretty sure you can handle yourself if you play your strategies right. It's only about forty-seven meters I'm sure you'll be fine. Ander would look at the man sending him on his way. Unless of course he was going to ask anymore questions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor Churchill on April 12th 2014, 11:16 pm

Victor had thought about the separation of the two, considering that the bugs might thrash him apart into many pieces, but nonetheless only fear would be shown by further privy of the man's attendance. He took a moment to ponder, whether to request a rite of passage made for sure, but that depended on whether or not it was a trustworthy order. Victor stretched a bit before preparing to leave the building, but not without the needed assurance. "Can you grant me safe passage? I am still worn down by my crash landing so surely I would be torn apart. I'm not the same arrogant human that you will commonly run into." he made motions of honesty and politeness, to ask in a respectful manner without the tone of condescension.
Victor Churchill
Victor Churchill

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace Kageki on April 12th 2014, 11:22 pm

Ander sighed. The roofs are safe, stay in the shadows. I'll go on ahead and tell them to go away. Just get what you need done and I'm still not for sure if you'll even live after talking to Sirius. Be cautious. Ader the stepped through another mirror and went on his way to get the Amarans distracted and stuff. The portal exploded into minor fireworks and confetti.

•Topic Exit•

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor Churchill on April 12th 2014, 11:46 pm

After Ander left, Victor sighed in frustration...he wanted him to order the bugs that he was allowed safe passage and not just a mere dismissal of the bugs. Knowing he could no longer change things, he maneuvered his way onto the sloppy pattern of bricks that made the building, eventually finding his way on top of the short building sooner or later. Eventually he carried on, building to building but without finesse and spending long periods of time before he eventually traveled up the path Ander had given him, no Amaran in site but still time consumed even more by the shadows. After reaching where Sirius was meant to be, he made himself known and kept his hands away from his dagger. A scholar in his clothes with a satchel and a dagger...an adventurer soon to be born. Knocking on the door he expected either to be shredded apart or belittled by the leader of the Amarans. Bugs. Why did they have to be the antagonist?
Victor Churchill
Victor Churchill

Back to top Go down

Post by Myrus on April 13th 2014, 9:19 am

Marius was taking his usual stroll, but this time he was holding some sort of a sword. It was long and had a wide, double-edged blade. The Blade itself was some sort of Darker black material, and he wore his usual Sprouted Amaran armor. He was mumbling to himself about it while observing it in his hand. When he noticed the newcomer at Sirius's door, he stopped and watched from the background. Quietly grinning at the fact that we may have another Amaran, or a target.
Myrus
Myrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Tororu on April 17th 2014, 10:04 pm

Tororu nightmare walked from shadow to shadow. It was incredibly hard for even tried fighters to read his movements let alone the instinct driven, low intelligence bugs that patrolled the skies of Port Royal. He had been here once before, but only for a short time. He felt like the authorities weren't too keen for visitors.

He stopped pressing himself against a chimney as yet another patrol went by. He smiled satisfied that he was able to avoid them easily. What he wasn't expecting was another person on the roofs that night. He looked down from his position to a lower roof top seeing a up-tight looking man. Apparently he had been in a scuffle or something since his clothes were slightly torn. He nightmare walked again moving closer. His form flickering slightly before he moved in high, silent speeds. He stopped at another chimney close to the man calling out casually.

"Well it looks like Port Royal has another unexpected visitor. What brings you to this nest of interesting insects?" He asked leaning against the stone and metal. He had his arms crossed over his shirtless chest. His long black hair went down to his neck. He wore torn black pants. A belt was around his waist with a skull shaped buckle, as well as a skull of unknown origins hanging on his hip. He had one yellow cat like eye and another completely different eye. His other eyes was black instead of white and had a light blue iris. He had a pleasant smile on his face as he watched the man walk past.

Battle Theme: "Awake and Alive - Skillet
Tororu
Tororu

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor Churchill on April 17th 2014, 11:40 pm

Vexed by the shocking appearance of another odd figure, Victor noticed the dark aroma of his presence and took a moment to analyze it. But the difference was the lack of vision, for he turned to the voice but stopped, preventing a full-facing towards the source of the sound. It seems like the man had a similar path of stealth to his, whether it was directionally similar or not, the need to avoid the...abominations...was quite evident. Power or not, the bugs had number beyond that of a mere group. Ander had luckily strayed them away from him, but there was no avoiding their primal senses.

They were animals. Ironic, the vast difference in bugs and animals has only applied to biology, but when it comes down to sentience they are exactly the same.
Barbaric really. It was quite the delay before attempting to formulate a response to the man's taunt. Putting his tongue to the right, inner cheek. I crashed. I accidentally landed here. My ship brought me here. Mundane responses, exclusively cowardly. I cannot say such things, so...Science. Me with the inferior responses as to why I am here...Begging for a free card out.

"I was curious to study the lands, such an oddity and a wonderful set of biological components. In La Cite', we never had something like this to study...Except their size is a problem. I was directed here, and they got into my ship and the leader is apparently here. As you can see, I lack material to go without paying mind." That will have to do. Victor almost experienced his sweat equinox. The change from dry to sweaty like the switching between Spring and Winter, but he prevented the sign of nervousness even if it was a bit difficult. Such an insult, struggling over such mundane things.

Even the narrator knows that.
Victor Churchill
Victor Churchill

Back to top Go down

Post by Tororu on April 17th 2014, 11:47 pm

Tororu may have appeared to be a fool in many situations, but he was no fool. He looked at the man in the shadow opposite him hand could tell from his words alone that something didn't add up. He didn't care in the end what his reasons were, but these stuck up types were a load of laughs to the shirtless man.

"I never heard of a scientist that would come to research something without the right equipment. That seems like such a low student mistake to make. By the way, how did your clothes get in that condition? I don't think a walk would cause such cuts."

Tororu
Tororu

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor Churchill on April 18th 2014, 12:21 am

Victor chuckled as the man tried reversing the situation on him, which was not going to work. No, he was a modern Tycho Brahe, in terms of observational ability. He did not need equipment, equipment easily 'destroyed by the bugs'. His clothes, torn by the traverse through the city without...no too little jagged areas (or rough ones period) to have his clothes torn up. "I am an observational scientist. Like Tycho Brahe. I am not exactly ready to try and tackle these things. No point in bringing equipment from La Cite' if I don't know if it can be used. Besides...Only the Gypsies knew people with the right things and I was banned from them. The Church doesn't exactly give us the raw science."

Such a pain. Talking to this person, trying to be friendly and explanatory. No, it was beyond uncomfortable, it was unbearable but no physical gesture of muscle had eased on the resistance of rejecting the man for his most-likely human-level of intellect. Annoying, to explain himself and even in a false way as to hide his humility born from immaturity. "Besides the bugs tore apart my ship, as I said. I need some time to repair it, and I didn't exactly pack for fixing a ruined ship. A one-seat ship is never made to carry all the mandatory tools...Which comes in abundance."

Stop. It stings, it burns. It is scorching and coating my throat in a blanket of char and eventually disengaged into ash. A jest in Victor's mind occurred, but another thought came in mind: what was the point of this? "What I really need is a way out of the swarm. I can't do much and this seems more sea than city."
Victor Churchill
Victor Churchill

Back to top Go down

Post by Tororu on April 18th 2014, 12:26 am

Tororu chuckled openly. He was defiantly the up tight type. He smiled and nightmare walked over to the man's shadow getting closer. He didn't need to be that close, but he figured that there was nothing he could do.

"Well if it is transportation you need, then I have a ship that can carry us both to where you were heading. You are lucky that this drifter blew into the nice, if not forlorn port."

Tororu
Tororu

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor Churchill on April 18th 2014, 12:54 am

In immediate reaction, Victor felt an immense tension tightening each cord of muscle in his body, like a string on a violin being stretched by the joints. His hand flailed upward, messily as it missed the dagger and patted around it before forming a circular motion with the closure of fingers around the hilt. The man whom he had spent time annoyingly conversing with had now invaded his space and he was ready to perform the futile and try and plant the dagger...but that would only result in failure and possible death.

"You know, a stranger lurking in the shadows doesn't exactly make one...NOT hostile. But alas, if you please step away I can more comfortably speak and more comfortably continue to accept your offer." Victor slowed his tension's pulse throughout the muscle, allowing an ease to overcome him as he relaxed forcefully. He was human after all, and fear was a real thing. Especially for someone who hates being human...it just makes the flaws more crystal clear.
Victor Churchill
Victor Churchill

Back to top Go down

Post by Myrus on April 18th 2014, 9:13 am

Something clicked in his mind, the one in the shadow is familiar. Terribly familiar indeed. He drew his sword arm and approached, Death didn't fear him, he just knew only some trespassers are truly hostile towards his cause.

You look familiar shadow, Last time I think I saw you you were scurrying away from us like a mere child. You have nerve, I like that, but you shouldn't have come here.

He looked to the shadowy figure and approached. he looked to Victor and nodded slightly. He twisted his sword arm in a small circle by his side idly. He stopped next to victor and looked at the shadowy figure.

Tell me, why have you come here? Do I need to call the cavalry to come to my aid, or should I let you walk free?
Myrus
Myrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Tororu on April 18th 2014, 9:24 am

Tororu froze for a second in surprise hearing the voice. He nightmare walked back to the shadows he originally occupied turning to the man that he had seen chained to a wall. He may have been a bit rude the first time around, but he hoped that the boy didn't hold that against him.

"Ah the boy who was stuck on the wall, I am happy to see that you are unharmed. I take it that you joined our mutual friend and his insects?" He asked casually as if catching up with an old friend.

Tororu
Tororu

Back to top Go down

Post by Myrus on April 18th 2014, 9:33 am

He was amused with his conduct, in a very sick way. He grinned and chuckled under his breath. He stabbed his sword into the dirt in front of him and rested his hands on it's hilt.

Yes, I seemingly have. I'm just wondering why your here? Don't take the sword as an offence, just instinct. Just don't make me use it.

He gave a sick grin, signalling little to no hostility, yet. and he waited calmly for a response to his answer. He wondered what would happen next.
Myrus
Myrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor Churchill on April 18th 2014, 3:21 pm

Victor smiled, the man wasn't superior like he had thought...only a coward whom hid in the shadows away from the people who have true power. Watching them go back and forth he noticed the shadow had shifted away and the newly appeared man took his place. What is this? Someone to do the heavy lifting for me...one of them goes down and I follow the other but I know how this will end. No, the shadow dies. Victor let the two have their bout and only observed as the golden-haired man revealed his and his patrons' superiority to the darkness.

"So I presume you two have some business. While I would leave you two to it, I can't exactly leave. And I can tell...The silent threat of territory. By the way, for the both of you. I haven't introduced myself...My name is..." Victor took a moment to bow, adding suspense to his introduction as to draw away from hostility for the moment. "Winston."
Victor Churchill
Victor Churchill

Back to top Go down

Post by Myrus on April 18th 2014, 4:09 pm

He didn't smile at Victor, he only kept looking at the shadowy figure. He didn't know if he should take him to Sirius or just enslave him for the working effort. He just kept looking at the shadowy figure like he was interested in the conversation.

So, he says his name. You still haven't answered my question, why are you here? I just want to know that, and that alone.

He pulled his sword back out of the ground and onto his back. He crossed his arms and waited for a response.
Myrus
Myrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor Churchill on April 18th 2014, 8:32 pm

Victor had just realized he wasn't speaking to the shadow with hostility but to him with curiosity, what an embarrassment. Momentarily stunned by his own idiocy, he quickly recovered as to try and heal his human moment. "I apologize, while trickery isn't my trade; I realize lying to you like I lied to someone obviously not one of you. He, too was avoiding the insects. Though now that thought is placed, are they insects like human kind knows?" bewitched by the uniqueness of something possibly superior to the human race, he forgot in the moment's sun that they were still barbaric in thought like most low-grade humans.

"Ah, nevermind. I am here because my ship crashed and I tried avoiding your kind...or minions...Which of the two they are I do not know. Anyways, I met someone claiming to be second in command, quick the cocky one, and he pointed me to this direction. While I TRIED to tell him I need insured safe passage he decided to distract them rather than command they let me pass. Is that a sufficient answer?" he avoided a rude tone and had the comfortable, explanatory one but as he finished his speech, he turned his head to the alienated man. "Sorry, Chap. You're a giant shadow, it's not like I can trust you." he made a very slight bow before awaiting the golden-haired man's decision on what the explanation merited.
Victor Churchill
Victor Churchill

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Drakon on April 18th 2014, 10:08 pm

The man named Basil Drakon continued his explorations through the recently-invaded world of Port Royal. He walked at a slow pace, taking his time to observe every single detail there was to observe, analyzing the creatures and the damage they had caused to the once pirated-infested town. Though his attitude seemed too lax for being in such a dangerous world, he didn't look worried in the slightest, one of the reasons being that he was at a high enough altitude to not be pursued by the creatures known as Amarans.

Yes, one of the Observer's abilities was to create a thin, invisible solid surface below his feet, allowing him to virtually walk in the air. That's how he had managed to avoid danger so far, though he'd have to rely on different methods if a creature capable of flying appeared.

In any case: as he was joyfully strolling above the rooftops, three figures came into sight: two men and one slightly shadowy-looking person. Not feeling at all disturbed by this last individual, Basil Drakon smiled to himself, as he had found new people to speak with. He had recently asked a man that looked to be part Amaran for information... but sadly, he hadn't been of much use.

"Greetings!" The grinning man would approach the group. "I didn't think I'd find so many people with this world being as it is. What a gratifying surprise! If it's not too sudden for me to ask, may I inquire about what you gentlemen are talking about? Oh, my name is Basil Drakon, by the way. An Observer for the gods."

Seemingly in a good mood, Basil Drakon waited for a reply.
Basil Drakon
Basil Drakon

Back to top Go down

Post by Tororu on April 18th 2014, 10:09 pm

Tororu only chuckled at his apology, though he was sure that he only barley meant it if at all. He had watched the two of them exchange words. Obviously the researcher had no spine of his own. He kissed the asses he needed to in order to get what he wants.

"Don't worry about me. It is yourself that you need to worry about. I don't need other's mercy to remain alive." He decided to answer the blonde man's question also not that it would help. "I am a drifter myself. I happened to come by and thought I would lend a hand."

Tororu looked to the man that came now. Basil was it, he never heard of that. He almost laughed when he said he was an observer for the god or something like that. He might as well introduce himself while the man did. "Greetings to you too. I am Tororu Ishida, drifter, and host to a nightmare beast."

Tororu
Tororu

Back to top Go down

Post by Myrus on April 19th 2014, 12:50 pm

Marius, confused on why everyone was converging on the port, but knew he was in no danger. He walked back towards his quarters at the hive, hoping that nothing would go wrong.

{TOPIC EXIT}
Myrus
Myrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum