I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Marionette
Concentration Disarray [MEMBER DISCUSSION] EmptyDecember 2nd 2018, 2:31 pm by +/-

» suck on my magnum dong
Concentration Disarray [MEMBER DISCUSSION] EmptyOctober 18th 2018, 9:25 pm by Gemini

» It's my birthday.
Concentration Disarray [MEMBER DISCUSSION] EmptyOctober 4th 2018, 8:20 pm by Gemini

» EW
Concentration Disarray [MEMBER DISCUSSION] EmptySeptember 9th 2018, 3:53 am by Gemini

» What are Your Current Plans for Your Character?
Concentration Disarray [MEMBER DISCUSSION] EmptyFebruary 11th 2018, 7:33 pm by Chastelle

Statistics
We have 3557 registered users
The newest registered user is Shirou Seeker of Duckness

Our users have posted a total of 143994 messages in 12544 subjects

Concentration Disarray [MEMBER DISCUSSION]

Go down

Concentration Disarray [MEMBER DISCUSSION] Empty Concentration Disarray [MEMBER DISCUSSION]

Post by Thad Poehler on April 8th 2014, 6:20 pm

Member plots typically fail due to lack of support.

This lack of focus makes members feel as if their characters don't matter, which is untrue. It's the fact that characters matter that they fail.

If there are 6 members and they split off into 3 different plots, the average member per plot is 2. This means there are 2 members interacting, making the plot very linear and the actions limited.

If there were a single plot with those 6 members, then each bring their own dynamic too it and it becomes more interesting, in depth, and will last longer and have a more lasting impact on the site.

For example, Onyx's presence and actions only mattered because it infringed on other members. If it weren't for that, no one would pay attention to him or it would die out shortly. Unfortunately, this caused negative feelings.

Tyler's God plot typically won't go as far as he wants, because there is a lack of support.

Azmot is actually doing well with his plot, because he trying to connect both Tyler's God Plot as well as Onyx with in it, while doing his own thing. This means there are now more people following one overarching plot WHILE these other sub plots (which are as important as a the overarching one) happen.

Unfortunately, if it stops there, it'll end up fizzing out.

The best way to create interesting events on site is if we, as a community, can discuss something all our characters can partake in, while NOT treating specific people as 'chosen one's' or the 'main character' like TV shows typically do.

We don't have to plan out every step, but if we want more interesting development for ALL of us and for our presence to feel like it matters, we have to stick behind SOME type of idea.

And from there, we can have this subplots that affect the main plot and have it become this completely new and interesting thing that shapes the site for the future.
Thad Poehler
Thad Poehler

Back to top Go down

Concentration Disarray [MEMBER DISCUSSION] Empty Re: Concentration Disarray [MEMBER DISCUSSION]

Post by Siscae Tel on April 8th 2014, 6:33 pm

I don't have any specific plans in mind for my characters, as my goals with them are more abstract and based on character growth rather than hitting certain milestones. This means they can integrate themselves in any plot and still get growth. I'd be willing to involve myself in any character plots, though I can't promise to be hugely active in them since I'm still busy with school (this should change when the semester is out next month).

TL;DR: If you want support, I'd be willing to offer any of my three characters.
Siscae Tel
Siscae Tel

Back to top Go down

Concentration Disarray [MEMBER DISCUSSION] Empty Re: Concentration Disarray [MEMBER DISCUSSION]

Post by Thad Poehler on April 8th 2014, 6:52 pm

Personal plots are great, but maybe we can come up with some type of event that idk provides all characters with some direction?

I also don't want to make people feel as if their personal plots are invalidated because, if anything, their personal plots help mold the main one. But, yeah.
Thad Poehler
Thad Poehler

Back to top Go down

Post by Hikari on April 8th 2014, 6:55 pm

We already have one. We were just postponing it due to member activity to my knowledge.

"Playing hero gets you nowhere if you aren't ready to act."

Kingdom Hearts RPG Moderator
Resident Asshole
Hikari
Hikari

Back to top Go down

Post by Thad Poehler on April 8th 2014, 6:58 pm

Ah, yes, the site plot that most normal members DON'T care about or interact with.

Those typically fail because of things like that. Only a few people stay involved with it, but others drift off into only caring about their stuff BECAUSE the lack of activity and direction.

Also, I don't mean something that needs to be forcefully coordinated by the a different group to be continued.

We need an event, that pushes the members towards each other to continue stuff. Something so we don't need Kronos or NPCs to constantly post to have interact.
Thad Poehler
Thad Poehler

Back to top Go down

Post by Felonix on April 8th 2014, 7:24 pm

I have a plan for an activity, but it's far down the road rp wise. If I tried to do it now, none of it would make sense (and yes, I am speaking site plot).

Concentration Disarray [MEMBER DISCUSSION] Feloni11

Felonix
Felonix

Back to top Go down

Post by Siscae Tel on April 8th 2014, 7:25 pm

I don't really think there is a possible way to include the community at a whole, at least without including elements that unite them all. I think the best way to really raise activity/unification is to support each other in their subplots more and more.

Siscae Tel

Back to top Go down

Post by Thad Poehler on April 8th 2014, 7:38 pm

I feel it wouldn't be a plot in the typical sense. It'd just need to be something that causes worlds wide tension, I suppose?

For example, if it's a governmental tension amongst worlds, then either you ARE part of the government or you AREN'T.

And it may not affect you personally, as much as it will others, but the way it affects others and how they may or may not treat you because of things would be an interesting dynamic.

More assumptions and lines draw upon interaction. I dunno. Something that doesn't make it so we're RPing with a complete stranger and on the road to self discovery the entire time.

Or at least something to give them mutual grounds to work upon or discuss. It just feels a lot of characters aren't inherently connected despite the worlds being connected.

Idk, I just want their to be more social interaction and successful plots that don't undermine other characters.
Thad Poehler
Thad Poehler

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenneth on April 8th 2014, 9:30 pm

So something that forces the circumstances to bring us all together in some shape or form?

The La Vaeas of Darkness

Back to top Go down

Post by Thad Poehler on April 8th 2014, 9:35 pm

Sorta, yeah. But nothing that like DOMINATES something about us.

And not necessarily BRINGS US TOGETHER, but like idk something that affects us all. It'll distance some too, maybe? Just tossing feels out there.
Thad Poehler
Thad Poehler

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelennx on April 8th 2014, 9:39 pm

Hmm I'd kinda like seeing a site wide easier topic just to have fun with everybody again, kinda like a day off from all our daily drama lives and kick back to goof off, like the good st whites.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thad Poehler on April 8th 2014, 9:42 pm

St. White would mean more if we were actually putting aside differences. lol.

That's a one time event thing, which can be nice, BUT I don't think Yima's gonna host one. So, it'd have to be somewhere else.
Thad Poehler
Thad Poehler

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelennx on April 8th 2014, 9:52 pm

what about like a prison cell like topic, a bunch of us get trapped on a world that houses the worst of the worst were no one's single accomplishment can measure up to the task of escape this place. could be fun having to work together in order to survive despite our history .

Back to top Go down

Post by Siscae Tel on April 8th 2014, 11:39 pm

Az should host a festival/party type thing. He can create a virtual space that can prevent fighting by automatic logout if violence starts.

Bottle episode? I don't like bottle episodes. But, on a serious note, it would be interesting to put people in a room together and prevent them from killing each other.

Siscae Tel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tororu on April 9th 2014, 12:18 am

The only thing I have for a character that would cause a stir in people is Terami and his attempt to form the crystal empire. This is something that I have slowly been working on for a while, but I think that I can start moving it along.

Battle Theme: "Awake and Alive - Skillet
Tororu
Tororu

Back to top Go down

Post by Yima on April 9th 2014, 11:40 pm

Well ask ourselves what can you do in an rp with others in a evolving environment that isn't kill.  The reason I say isn't kill is because that is handled quite assuredly, just get into open ended situations where you look through your character's eyes, and write what they live.  Heck there have been plenty of times IC Yima has been in situations he did or didn't enjoy but that is part of character evolution; you need that for larger plots and personal ones that don't just repeat over and over again.  I'm going on a little less sleep than I would like so I am sure the original poster can say what i just said with very pretty sexy words.

"There is a fine line between genius and insanity; I use it as a jumping rope"

Feel free to send me any feedback you have about site and or ideas.  ^_^

If you have a topic that you want to discus at length to improve the site please do so in the suggestion section so we can all be a part and move forward from there together.

An Amv I Like
Yima
Yima

Back to top Go down

Post by Thad Poehler on April 9th 2014, 11:51 pm

A single experience isn't what I'm talking about. That inherently alienates new, or inactive, members.

I'd suggest social injustices across worlds or something along those lines, because those can be explored by anyone regardless of when they join.

Not necessarily injustices either, just conflict. It allows for a state of the worlds to affect people since we have to RP in them all.

The issue with your Crystal Empire, Terami, is that is no one supports then it'll fall flat.

And that, in itself, also makes it all about you and your conquest for empire and there isn't anything wrong with that, but unless you can heavily involve the entire site in that, it'll fall short.

It's the reason most wars don't work anymore, because there isn't enough support on either side and it becomes a whole bunch of a neutral parties watching, doing nothing, stagnation, and then death of the plot.

Essentially, support is what we need, but no one wants to be a back burner to a PERSON. What we need is events that shape the world and create tensions in order to have some sort of semblance of connectivity throughout them.

We don't need to all know each other, nor do the NPCs have to know about us, but if there's a thread that strings us all together in some way, there might be more to stack on up on that affects the site, allowing our personal plots to mesh together more easily into the main, vague road we carved for ourselves.

And Yima's right, there are a lot of times we will RP things we aren't happy with. And, not just our characters, but us as people. Unfortunately, we're going to HAVE to do that, because that's what part of growth is. It's difficult to separate IC and OOC when we PRIZE characters and give value to them and their work, but we need to value the story and the site above our individual characters, since what we leave behind is the stories and worlds for the next generations to RP in, whenever that is.

I am tired, so this may not make sense, therefore, I'll cut it short...despite it already being lengthy.

Thad Poehler
Thad Poehler

Back to top Go down

Post by Tororu on April 10th 2014, 12:09 am

Well what I am hoping for with the rise of the Crystal Empire is that it does spark something. Yes I doubt that it will do that by itself, but I think that through my conquests and anything Lenneth sends me out to do, I will gain friends and enemies alike and they would gather forces to stop the next empire. It may also correlate back to the war with Onyx bringing that back.

yes its not a perfect plan and that it is mainly centered around myself, but doing this does also involve the site as a whole. People SHOULD want to choose sides, but if not I will then instigate events so that they do.

Tororu
Tororu

Back to top Go down

Post by Thad Poehler on April 10th 2014, 12:32 am

At it's best, you become another Onyx or Shirou's. Superior Society. At it's worst, it becomes a DARMA vs Coalition and it fizzles out.

What you're talking about is part of the plots that would stack on top of the general world tensions / issues that I'm trying to explain.

I'm probably just doing a poor job, all things considered.
Thad Poehler
Thad Poehler

Back to top Go down

Post by Tororu on April 10th 2014, 12:34 am

Ok, then I must be misunderstanding what you mean by general world tensions and issues. Could you just try to re-explain it so I may understand better?

Tororu
Tororu

Back to top Go down

Post by Thad Poehler on April 10th 2014, 12:49 am

I dunno, I suppose a good example would be something political.

Something along the lines of tensions between World Leaders and Citizens.

Societal status issues, the same way some people have issues with governments JUST BECAUSE their governments IRL. There could be a widespread of tension between World Leaders and the citizens.

Because of this some rumors would pop up here and there about false things they've said and etc etc

Worlds Congress would just be a rumored cover up for the suppression of nations by some conspiracy buffs, while it would look like non-political novices trying to run worlds they're barely a part of.

And, things like that.

I'm not suggesting that in particular, because we barely have world leaders, but something that inherently splits people based on two very defined, contrasting opinions.

War could work, if there are two sides ACTUALLY doing things, but that's the support issue, and the fear issue, and the 'I don't want to just be an accessory to some other guy's ego trip' issue.

Does any of that make sense? I dunno. I'm pretty tired, so maybe it'd be best to try my luck tomorrow. Haha.

Or maybe, I should just give up on this ideology and accept that the site is what it is, but I'd rather strive for more. *shrug*

Thad Poehler
Thad Poehler

Back to top Go down

Post by Siscae Tel on April 10th 2014, 11:10 am

There could be an issue of world leaders, where the NPCs of the worlds grow tired of being ruled by the violent and inconsistent warriors of the universe, so they become hostile and desire to overthrow them and replace them with people of their own type. So there would be two sides: those who would want to stay in power, granting them an oppressive status and those who wish follow the NPCs.

Siscae Tel

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx on April 10th 2014, 12:00 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down